Type keyword(s) to search

Rehab Addict - General Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Meant to mention - she's gonna be on another new series: "Due to the success of competition titles, HGTV will premiere Beach Flip, which features three of the network’s renovation and design experts—host Josh Temple and coaches David Bromstad and Nicole Curtis—as they mentor contestants in a beachside renovation challenge." (from http://www.scrippsnetworksinteractive.com/newsroom/company-news/Pages/HGTV-Adds-New-Series,-Original-Programming-to-2015-Slate.aspx

More info here: http://blog.hgtv.com/ihearthgtv/2015/05/29/get-ready-for-an-all-new-hgtv-summer-series-beach-flip/

She's definitely showing in the promos, so it was filmed this year. It premieres July 5.

Somebody posted a link to a photo of Nicole at an event a few months back and she was definitely showing. Then on what turned out to be the last episode of this season's RA, she teases us with a photo of her VERY pregnant. So when is/was this baby due? The way she humblebrags, I'd expect we would have heard all about it if the baby has been born.

I'm looking forward to Beach Flip, but Josh is a little too manic and "cheery" for my taste. David Bromstadt? Can't get enough, glad he's back. We'll see how they all pair together.

Yes, she's a master of those "woe is me" posts in Facebook, that are fishing for people to say "there, there," or "what's wrong."

I have another Facebook friend who does that, and I absolutely ignore her posts.

That drives me nuts!! The people who post "OMG That's it!  I've had it and I'm about to kill someone!"  Then someone says "What's wrong? " And they say "Never mind, I really don't want to talk about it on Facebook"  These people are just pure attention seekers.  IGNORE THEM!!

• Love 4

So, the Hillside House drama continues! Apparently there was a contract that went along with Nicole buying Hillside from the city for $2, she was supposed to complete the work in a year, she's now well past 6 months over, owes money and the job sight is a mess. The city council is considering what to do, and many of you might remember Nicole's disdain for the city council over the Orth house demo. Now one of the two members Nicole didn't unleash a campaign of fan fueled terror upon is considering taking action against Nicole, it certainly seems like the job has been abandoned. It's shocking to see the piles of materials laying around in heaps, especially since Nicole is so often preaching about how she recycles and wastes so little. It seems like she really thought she could just phone this job in, it wasn't for tv so it's not as important. I think she went after Hillside, the city was going to demo it, to prove something about saving every single house, no matter how far gone, to show the city council they were wrong about the Orth house. Perhaps they weren't so wrong about Hillside. I'm sure Nicole will blame someone else, I mean she's not even there, how can it be her fault?

• Love 2

“An opportunity like this doesn’t happen often,” said David Lindsey, chair of the historical society’s board of directors. “For an organization like ours to be able to take advantage of the opportunity to save a property and save some history of this significance — not only from the county perspective but from the state perspective — is so very cool.”

There seems to be a lot of local support for saving the house in Stillwater.   I have no problem with Nicole trying to stop the tear down of historic houses.  Sure she does it in the most histrionic way possible, but it gets the media attention needed for something to happen.  I don't see the seller is being railroaded either.  He was asking for $650K and ended up selling for $600K, plus he didn't have to pay for the demolition and refuse removal.  Sounds like a reasonable deal.

I wish Nicole would pay more attention to kitchen renovations in her projects.  I was watching the Campbell house episode last night and she was so proud that she found a dinky little decorative cabinet to hang on the wall.  Which, fine.  But that was the ONLY storage!  That was a decent sized house.  Even a single person is going to have more than one plate, one bowl, and one glass that need to be put away!  Not to mention boxes of cereal, cans of soup, etc. 

• Love 1

Ugh, I'm so disappointed that Nicole Curtis has now tainted Stillwater.  Be gone, she-beast!

I'm all for saving a house, but why didn't someone put up a tarp?  I only live in Indiana, and leaving a massive hole in the side of a house is going to be trouble, much less in Minnesota!

I attended Nicole’s Grand Blvd open house today. It was a very hot and humid day with some on-and-off rain showers, but there were hundreds of people there. The open house was supposed to begin at noon, and we were in line by 11:40, with people all the way down the street and around the corner. I’ve never been to one of these events and wasn’t sure what to expect from Nicole herself, but I have to give her props – she was very gracious to everyone, and she (and Lucy) came by several times while we were waiting to thank us for coming, to reassure us that we’d all get in, to jokingly let us know that it was even hotter in the house, and to tell us that two of the spaces (one of the bathrooms and the butler’s pantry directly beneath it) had had a plumbing disaster and had to be ripped out. I didn’t hear exactly what happened, but the bathroom floor was completely gutted and the butler’s pantry floor was partially so. Such a shame to have put in all the work and have that happen.

I was especially happy to meet Ann who did the custom stained/leaded glass windows for the house, and the windows are even prettier in person than they appeared on television. She did a wonderful job to blend her work to the existing windows in the room.

The house is in a pretty good area; there was a Craftsman bungalow just three doors down that, from the outside, was an absolute stunner. Other houses were large and gracious; some looked a little better cared-for than others, but overall, the area was better than I expected from watching past seasons of the show. The trees are huge and provided some much-needed shade today, because when the sun came out between rain showers, it was beastly hot. There are several retirement homes/nursing homes very close by, and the house is also close to a hospital. I think she picked a good location from an investment standpoint.

The house was very crowded so I’m sure I missed a lot of details, but overall I came away with a positive impression. The entry/foyer is beautiful (Nicole’s paint choices are very nice – I’d love to know the color she had in the entry!) and the built-ins are lovely. The wood floors in the entry and the living room were gorgeous; others weren’t as nice as those. The floors creaked, just like you’d expect them to do in a house of this age. There were a lot of cracked floor tiles in various locations and although I understand Nicole doesn’t want things to be perfect, I guess I don’t have the same appreciation for cracked floors. I also was not a fan of the wood island on rollers in the kitchen. It’s a pretty island on its own; it just looks a little odd with the rest of the décor, and the kitchen isn’t all that big, to accommodate or even need an island IMO.  The stairs that led to what would have been the servants’ quarters were also a teensy bit scary to navigate – narrow, winding and no handrail for at least part of the staircase, but there’s really nothing you can do about that.

Overall, it’s really a pretty house, in a good location, and I’m glad I had the chance to go and see the place in person.

• Love 7
(edited)

Thanks for the on-site reporting, ellebelle. Very interesting. If you really want to know the foyer paint color, ask Nicole on FB. She's pretty good at answering questions when she wants to. Glad it was a nice experience.

Edited by CN42
  • Love 1

I've been see ads for a new show with Nicole called "Beach Flip" or something like that. It appears to be a...big yawn.....competitive show. I much prefer the rehab shows.

I really like Nicole. She seems to do a pretty good job to me, though, I'm no expert.  But, even if she does make mistakes, I find her entertaining and very personable.  

I like watching her work and her ideas. I'm  actually someone who watches her because I like what she does and not just to find things to tear her apart about.

• Love 3

She is clearly quite pregnant in Beach Flip (as well as its commercials.)   Her Twitter and Facebook make no reference to pregnancy or a baby...I am afraid something happened that she is keeping private.

Does anyone know when Beach Flip was filmed?  They appear to have filmed the entire season already.

I love Rehab Addict but I was really disappointed in recent Facebook behavior of Nicole's.  Here is the gist http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/95791764.html

I really don't like MURICA! jingoist rhetoric, and when Nicole was told that we have freedom of whether to hang an American flag or not, that soldiers in part fight for our freedom to not fly flags, she said, “Then you are on the wrong page, my friend.”  She has a really simple sense of patriotism.  Flags! Fireworks! Hamburgers! MURICA!

Her ex boyfriend, in that legal dispute over the Minnehaha House, alleged in documents that she had borderline personality disorder....she does seem a bit crazy and her woe is me Facebook behavior is silly. 

• Love 7

She is clearly quite pregnant in Beach Flip (as well as its commercials.)   Her Twitter and Facebook make no reference to pregnancy or a baby...I am afraid something happened that she is keeping private.

I can't find it now, but I just read an interview with her (I got there from here, but I don't know where I started) where she said she would probably not put Ethan on the show if she had the chance to do it again, because people coming up to them really bothers him. Maybe she's treating this as a 2nd chance, & she's keeping the baby away from the public as much as possible. I find her incredibly annoying, but I really hope that nothing went wrong.

I think she feels it's none of our business.  You know how self important she is.

Except, of course, where she ended her latest season of Rehab Addict with a profile shot of her belly in a state of advanced pregnancy. 

She wants the attention but only on her terms? 

• Love 2

Only redeeming factor is if the houses are really in the Rockaways.  Great memories as a kid surfing there, the boardwalk, the white sand..

Bummed.  It's in Alabama.  They are just using The Ramones Rockaway Beach song.   Bah.   Show itself reminds me of the townhouse renovation show in Cincy last year that was sponsored by Dwell I think.  This one is sponsored by Joss and Main.  Better than Wayfair I suppose.

(edited)

My take on it: Nicole is passive-aggressive. She likes to tease us by showing pictures, knowing that will get people talking, but she won't confirm it except in cryptic photos and FB posts. I think her FB post about being a surrogate for Lucy (the dog) was a feeble attempt at humor - Yeah, I'm pregnant, with my dogs' puppies! Har! Har!

Somewhere I read Beach Flip finished filming in Jan/Feb, and she was 6 months along then. If true, that means the baby was born sometime around May. I guess there's no father figure or husband around this time either.

Edited by CN42
  • Love 2

I'm watching episodes from the Tudor house on demand. I love how the basement family room came out. I liked the old bar that she installed on the wall. I was wondering what anyone thought of the hard wood floor she stained? I liked how she got them from salvage and used them. I wonder if she had enough for the whole floor, as some were unusable.

I read this article on line that said that she was married and refuses to name him. 

closerweekly.com/posts/hgtv-rehab-addict-nicole-curtis-pregnant-62547

(edited)

I'm watching episodes from the Tudor house on demand. I love how the basement family room came out. I liked the old bar that she installed on the wall. I was wondering what anyone thought of the hard wood floor she stained? I liked how she got them from salvage and used them. I wonder if she had enough for the whole floor, as some were unusable.

I read this article on line that said that she was married and refuses to name him. 

closerweekly.com/posts/hgtv-rehab-addict-nicole-curtis-pregnant-62547

The writer of the closerweekly.com article just misread the Minnesota Monthly article. Nicole said in MM that she was "off the market" not married and I believe that article was from around 3 years ago.  Just last summer or so she broke up with the boyfriend that owned the Summit House so I doubt she got married since then.

Edited by ohsrysly
  • Love 3
(edited)

I've been lurking here for a while and just decided to start posting.  It's nice to see that not everyone, unlike her rabid fans on FB, has bought into her BS.

Between original suit, the counterclaim, and discovery, it was pretty much War of the Roses. Not only had Jenny disparaged her to the bank, Curtis alleged, but he also told executives at her TV production companies and other associates that she had been diagnosed with a borderline personality disorder, which supposedly diminished the payout in a new TV contract.

Read more: http://minnlawyer.com/2015/05/15/rehab-addict-lawsuit-counterclaim-nixed/#ixzz3fuuF7TY7

Very interesting article which pretty much confirmed what I'd thought all along.  Her bizarre behavior, especially on social media, suddenly makes a lot more sense.

In response, Jenny sought access to all Curtis mental health records and asserted that Curtis had a “long-standing pattern” of “convincing men to buy a house and then through manipulation and cooperation, attempting to extract a financial gain.”

Read more: http://minnlawyer.com/2015/05/15/rehab-addict-lawsuit-counterclaim-nixed/#ixzz3fusrbVK7

This just confirmed what I'd thought for a while based on some common sense and some simple internet searches of public records.  When she said that she moved down to Florida by herself at 18-not true.  She moved down with the father of her first kid who I believe was somewhere around 30 years old at the time. She made it out like she went down there at 18 all by hereself and bought a house yet left out the 30 year old boyfriend whose name is on the deed.  There's more as well, like when she said that she bought a house in Detroit before she moved to Minneapolis-again not true.  From what I found it was in Ferndale and she didn't buy it but the boyfriend she ended up moving to Minneapolis with (when she said she moved there for the housing stock...) did...

I don't want to bombard you guys with too much/get too off topic but I figured I'd add that here since it fits in with the article and his claims. There's a lot more "fibs" she's told that have been pretty easy to debunk.  I almost wonder if she even knows what the truth is at this point.

Edited by ohsrysly
  • Love 2

My take on it: Nicole is passive-aggressive. She likes to tease us by showing pictures, knowing that will get people talking, but she won't confirm it except in cryptic photos and FB posts. I think her FB post about being a surrogate for Lucy (the dog) was a feeble attempt at humor - Yeah, I'm pregnant, with my dogs' puppies! Har! Har!

Somewhere I read Beach Flip finished filming in Jan/Feb, and she was 6 months along then. If true, that means the baby was born sometime around May. I guess there's no father figure or husband around this time either.

I definitely agree that she's passive aggressive.  It's a bizarre situation (well, it is Nicole Curtis after all) since she regularly posts very personal/private information on her Facebook page but all of a sudden she wants privacy.  I'm guessing she's using this to boost ratings when her show comes back for the next season, she's embarassed about it (given the likely timeline/facts available I could see why), or perhaps there's some legal situation with the baby daddy so she's keeping mum although that's not stopped her before.

• Love 2
It's a bizarre situation (well, it is Nicole Curtis after all) since she regularly posts very personal/private information on her Facebook page but all of a sudden she wants privacy.

Yep, that's her for sure. She's one of those people who is like, "Look at me!"...."Stop looking at me!..."Look at me!:....Stop looking at me!!!

• Love 4
(edited)

As an update, I posted in the "Nicole is Pregnant" topic that her dad confirmed she had a baby 8 weeks ago and the father is Shane Maguire.  That makes it even less likely that she's married since just recently on twitter she said she regretted being involved in the Summit Mansion project.  Also, her dad didn't say her husband or his son in law. 

Most likely they broke up last summer, got back together briefly and had an oops (well, probably an oops on his end) pregnancy.  Otherwise if she was together with him she probably would be mentioning "The Mister" like she did before.  Makes a lot of sense why she's been so cagey about this pregnancy if it was an oops and they're not together or an "oops, thought he'd marry me or we'd at least get back together if I got pregnant" situation.

Edited by ohsrysly
  • Love 2
(edited)

Since marriages are a matter of public record it should be easy enough to find out, if you cared. I don't.

Well it's easy enough if you know where they got married and if the records are posted online for free. I checked Minnesota records (doesn't take much when they're posted online) and there's no record of a marriage there.  As far as Michigan, I don't think Michigan marriage records are posted online.  I certainly don't care enough to track that down if they're not online even though it's public record since in many cases you have to go there to get them or mail a request and in both cases you probably have to pay a fee as well.  If it's online I'd look since it's no different than doing a Google search really.

Edited by ohsrysly
  • Love 1

Ohhh - so that's who. The guy who owned the mansion she left in mid stream. See this post:

Isn't it gorgeous!? From what I have gathered from her posting on social media, this house belonged to...... you guessed it, probably..... another ex boyfriend, Shane of the Gold Guys! They split this summer. It seems like an older person's house, so I am guessing he bought it as an investment, the title was in his name alone, and it sold this past spring. I don't know if she met him when he hired her to reno this house, but from her pics on FB, he gave her the 60s pickup for her birthday before she posted pics of this house, so it looks like they knew each other pretty well when she started this project.

And this is the Gold Guys: http://www.goldguys.com/about/ 

• Love 1

Hey, I think that little baby and Nicole's underage son deserve every amount of privacy-not being on TV and paraded around.  My guess, however, is that the next season of Rehab Addict will have scenes with the baby.  That's on Nicole, not on viewers voicing an opinion on the private life she so readily puts up on camera.

I watched an interview between Andy Cohen and Bethenny Frankel on Watch What Happens Live and they were talking about what traits made up a successful Housewife, and one thing Andy mentioned is an inner strength to deal with social media backlash and people saying horrible things about you.  I would say the same is true about any reality show persona-you cannot live under the delusion that everyone loves you.  It's not healthy emotionally, and it is never true.

• Love 2

I doubt her father posted it without Nicole knowing about it.  I have no idea who the gold guys are --- there was a reality show about a Detroit pawn shop called hardcore pawn - that's who I thought you were referring it.  Guess this guy is a MN version of it.

Hope next season has at least one Tudor.  Always like seeing those.  We get a lot of colonials and craftsmen on HGTV, time for something different!

• Love 1
(edited)

I had been ignoring her for a while as well but every once and a while her BS just pulls me back in.

Thanks Mplsmn, I appreciate that! I’ve lurked for a while and I’ve always really appreciated your posts so thank you. Yep, Nicole's depending on men MO has been her entire adult life.  I couldn't agree with you more about people who claim to have done everything themselves.  Actually, that's partly why I did a little digging about her background.  Her claims didn't add up but even I was surprised at the extent of her lies.

I was told last night that my post was reported and that it's being reviewed.  Hopefully it will be reinstated because I didn't think it broke any of the rules either. I didn't copy/paste or screenshot the exact post but I could pretty easily just write a new one.

I also agree about the baby situation Lola, I doubt her dad posted it without her knowledge.  If he did, I find it hard to believe that after 5 years of his daughter being on TV that she wouldn’t have let him know about public vs. private posts especially when her pregnancy is supposed to be so private-at least until next season of course.  It’s interesting he made a point of saying who the father was which made me wonder whether that was her way of getting around an agreement by her and the father of  the baby to keep quiet? Hard to say but once thing is for sure it’s bizarre.  I can just see her asking for “privacy” now and then all of a sudden next season is filled with scenes of Nicole and her new baby as a ploy for ratings.  I wouldn’t put it past her.

Borderline Personality Disorder was suggested by her ex in the court documents and all I can say about that is it explains quite a bit of her behavior on (and off really) social media.

Edited by ohsrysly
  • Love 2

About the Grandparent's ranch: I'm not interested in it really either.  I saw a picture of it and it's just not something I'd be all that interested to watch. It might be a nice thing for her family but as something to feature on her show I don't see it especially, like you said, it doesn't fit her old house ideology. I think part of the reason she may do it on the show is because it's trendy but I actaully think she does these projects that seem odd because she really doesn't have much going on.  Her so called "thriving" business doesn't have her doing enough to fill a season of 30 min (less with commercials) shows.

She claimed after Minnehaha I believe that she needed it to sell to start a new project yet that was a house she intended to live in.  How did she plan on doing her next project then? It's things like that, like when she led viewers to believe she was hired to do "the whole damn house" on the Summit Mansion, that show that she's not where she's at because of hard work, talent or a thriving business... She conveniently left out that the owner was her boyfriend and from the timeline she was most likely dating him before he purchased the house which is right in line with her MO. Hardly hired by a client because her style and work ethic are so well known in the industry...

Oh I thought I'd add this for a good chuckle. I found this interview where she claims she can do "everything" in a house herself.  You can't make this up.

CF:You are all about rolling up your sleeves and doing projects yourself. What are some of the things you do yourself, and when do you decide to hire a contractor?

Nicole:Well, I can do everything on a house myself, but a few years ago I regained my sanity and said hmmm, I don’t think this is not the most efficient way to do things. I took inventory and thought–whatever could kill me-I’m passing off-so Electrical big ticket items-rewiring house, electrical service–gone. Hanging light fixtures, changing outlets-still me. Plumbing same thing-fixture no problem-installing the hot water heater and gas lines and replumbing entire house-no more:) I take on the smaller projects now-finished trim, framing, installation of cabinets, tile, windows—the heavy stuff-well, I figure-that’s where the men come in now:)”

http://quirkyinspired.com/nicole-curtis-the-rehab-addict-new-hit-show-on-diy-network/

She claimed after Minnehaha I believe that she needed it to sell to start a new project yet that was a house she intended to live in.  How did she plan on doing her next project then? 

She thought she was going to marry the guy when she started on the house, & then they would live in it together as a family. I guess she planned on him paying, which he actually ended up doing.

• Love 2

She thought she was going to marry the guy when she started on the house, & then they would live in it together as a family. I guess she planned on him paying, which he actually ended up doing.

Yep, which is right in line with her business plan of using men to get ahead yet she made it out to seem like she had a thriving business and the boyfriend was an "investor."  The funny thing is that the guy she thought she was going to marry bought the house then sold it to her next boyfriend who is the one she was in court with because she couldn't get the funding to buy it from him when that relationship fell through. What a joke.

Geez, you need a scorecard to keep up. So I won't.

Reading these posts, I feel justified that I'm not the only one who sees through Nicole's carefully crafted social profile. I started watching RA because I love old houses and she did a decent flip job, but I always thought there was something hinky about her. Glad to see my hinkydar is in fine shape. I'll continue to watch the show because I like it. I just wish she'd keep her personal life to herself.

• Love 1

I've always like this show a lot.  My fiance and I have always thought NC was a badass.  I should've never read these forums and the articles out there, because now I just think she's an ass, period.

• Love 3