Type keyword(s) to search

Rehab Addict - General Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Well, the house is finished & they showed a for sale sign, but when she put her truck in the garage, she said it was "home", so I can't tell if she's keeping it or not.

She was all over the place on whether or not it was her home or not. I can't figure it out. Sure is a beautiful home though. I'd love to live in one. I lean towards Nicole's attitude when it comes to staying true to the original house. I'm always horrified by all the open concepts created in old homes in other shows. I realize we live differently now, but that's just the way I feel. I'd also rather save/have a distressed original floor than a new one. The couple on "Flip or Flop" are always yanking out what look to me like beautiful original wood floors and I cringe. 

• Love 1

Well, the house is finished & they showed a for sale sign, but when she put her truck in the garage, she said it was "home", so I can't tell if she's keeping it or not.

I thought she was placing a sale sign too, but then I saw it was a Detroit Land Bank sign, the seller Nicole purchased the house from. I guess that was a montage of out of sequence clips, sort of a wrap up of the whole project. This was a particularly disjointed and poorly edited episode, like they put bits together but didn't have enough, so there was a lot of filler shots. hiw many times did Nicole try to rationalize the two doors in the basement bathroom? I suspect there used to be walls that were removed, but it was just easier to leave the two doors, it was a basement WC after all. The master and servant use didn't really make sense to me, they couldn't use the same door but could use the same toilet? She was talking about lining up on different sides? Really?

It looks like she's working on a ranch next, so I'm probably not going to watch that, no interest in that style of house. You all sucked me back into watching this show with comments about the Tudor, and it was a nice house, I fully believe Nicole will live there.

(edited)

I thought she was placing a sale sign too, but then I saw it was a Detroit Land Bank sign, the seller Nicole purchased the house from. I guess that was a montage of out of sequence clips, sort of a wrap up of the whole project. This was a particularly disjointed and poorly edited episode, like they put bits together but didn't have enough, so there was a lot of filler shots. hiw many times did Nicole try to rationalize the two doors in the basement bathroom? I suspect there used to be walls that were removed, but it was just easier to leave the two doors, it was a basement WC after all. The master and servant use didn't really make sense to me, they couldn't use the same door but could use the same toilet? She was talking about lining up on different sides? Really?

It looks like she's working on a ranch next, so I'm probably not going to watch that, no interest in that style of house. You all sucked me back into watching this show with comments about the Tudor, and it was a nice house, I fully believe Nicole will live there.

Is the ranch her grandparents' house that she bought? I'm guessing she is doing that on TV to pay for it, premise of the show be damned. 

That 2 door thing is such BS. Basement bathrooms were stuck in wherever. 

Yeah, that tile couldn't have been cheap. Also lots of not-cheap millwork on this house. Girlfriend isn't selling this house. (and she's put decks on old houses that look like modern ones, just because she used whatever material she had at hand).

I honestly think she's overestimating the number of "servants" the residents of this house had. It isn't a mansion, it isn't an estate home, it isn't any of those things. Upper middle class, yeah. Maybe a cook. 

"I didn't want to use some new material to make the garage doors look modern, but heck, let's use it anyway because I'm gonna live in here and I don't want to have to lift my own garage door, right?" <--not an exact quote ;) 

"I'm sure the lady of the house was a member of a garden club, because that's what's ladies did."  OK then. 

Empowered by stick shift? OK then.

(stop driving with your dog on your lap. it's dangerous for you, and more importantly, the dog)

Wait, what, people drove THROUGH their garages? Jebus, she's an ijjit.

She really wants to paint this as the grandest house of all grand houses because she wants to be a princess in it. In a related note, can someone remove the word "grand" from her vocabulary?

Whoever said she's pregnant, I agree. It seems silly if she's hiding it. The houses may be from the turn of the 19th century, but this is the 21st century.

Edited to add: maybe she has Lucy on her lap to hide the pregnancy. Still dangerous!

Edited by txvoodoo
  • Love 1

I didn't understand the toilet in the basement either. One toilet and different doors. Big deal!! Overall, the house & garage turned out really nice. Personally, I'm not really into older homes but I do appreciate what she does to save them. I really did like the master bath which was actually modern for the house. So, when would a new season start? Next September?

Is the ranch her grandparents' house that she bought? I'm guessing she is doing that on TV to pay for it, premise of the show be damned. 

That 2 door thing is such BS. Basement bathrooms were stuck in wherever. 

Yeah, that tile couldn't have been cheap. Also lots of not-cheap millwork on this house. Girlfriend isn't selling this house. (and she's put decks on old houses that look like modern ones, just because she used whatever material she had at hand).

I honestly think she's overestimating the number of "servants" the residents of this house had. It isn't a mansion, it isn't an estate home, it isn't any of those things. Upper middle class, yeah. Maybe a cook. 

"I didn't want to use some new material to make the garage doors look modern, but heck, let's use it anyway because I'm gonna live in here and I don't want to have to lift my own garage door, right?" <--not an exact quote ;) 

"I'm sure the lady of the house was a member of a garden club, because that's what's ladies did."  OK then. 

Empowered by stick shift? OK then.

(stop driving with your dog on your lap. it's dangerous for you, and more importantly, the dog)

Wait, what, people drove THROUGH their garages? Jebus, she's an ijjit.

She really wants to paint this as the grandest house of all grand houses because she wants to be a princess in it. In a related note, can someone remove the word "grand" from her vocabulary?

Whoever said she's pregnant, I agree. It seems silly if she's hiding it. The houses may be from the turn of the 19th century, but this is the 21st century.

Edited to add: maybe she has Lucy on her lap to hide the pregnancy. Still dangerous!

Haha, you really pointed out a lot of Nicole's hypocrisy, it's like she forgot her own mantra. She's definitely not reusing, scrap picking and salvage yard hunting for this house, "to restore it to its former glory." The only old furniture we see is the waterfall bedroom set, everything else appeared to be new and modern, she didn't pick colors that would be from the period and style of the house, but she did replace lots of rotten wood, which she would have just painted over if this were one of her usual flips.

The comments about servants and the "lady of the house" were ridiculous, Nicole suffers from delusions of grandeur, about her houses and herself. She acts like this is Downton Abbey and there would have been "staff" to run such a huge mansion. It's a great house, but hardly a mansion. Minnehaha isn't even as large as the Grand Blvd. house, and she thought that was a mansion too. I guess it depends on where you come from, and if it's a ranch house in the outer suburbs, a big house in the city might seem like a mansion to some.

The ranch she does next might be her grandparents', but I guess another set from the ones whose older home she visited and got the workbench from. Nicole used to make comments about the homes she deems old and worth saving were from pre-1950, but then all the MCM fans got upset and she has changed it to pre-1960, I suspect it will be pre-1970 soon. Seeing as she is pretty clueless about styles and trends from different periods, it might be funny to see what she makes up about a newer era of home.

The pick up truck she had shipped to Detroit (another indicator of her leaving Mpls, yeah!) was a birthday gift from the ex who owned the Summit Ave. house (that perhaps could be considered a small mansion). What a great truck, it obviously makes her feel very empowered and special!

• Love 1

I can see that a carriage house might be drive-thru, because you couldn't back out a horse-drawn carriage, or so I would think, and also you might have access to a street and an alley.

The comments about servants and the "lady of the house" were ridiculous, Nicole suffers from delusions of grandeur, about her houses and herself. She acts like this is Downton Abbey and there would have been "staff" to run such a huge mansion. It's a great house, but hardly a mansion. 

(snip)

The ranch she does next might be her grandparents', but I guess another set from the ones whose older home she visited and got the workbench from. Nicole used to make comments about the homes she deems old and worth saving were from pre-1950, but then all the MCM fans got upset and she has changed it to pre-1960, I suspect it will be pre-1970 soon. Seeing as she is pretty clueless about styles and trends from different periods, it might be funny to see what she makes up about a newer era of home.

The pick up truck she had shipped to Detroit (another indicator of her leaving Mpls, yeah!) was a birthday gift from the ex who owned the Summit Ave. house (that perhaps could be considered a small mansion). What a great truck, it obviously makes her feel very empowered and special!

Does anyone remember how many square feet the Tudor has? Because it has what, 2 bedrooms on the 2nd floor, and then the attic that she's modded into a master? That's not exactly grand, or a mansion, and sure as heck doesn't indicate a big staff of servants.

A *lot* of older homes had front & back stairs, and it didn't have to do with servants, but more about the ease of access for the lady of the house, who wasn't so much doing garden club stuff as preparing meals, cooking, and cleaning. And it wasn't so much "ease" as "well, I don't want to literally cart my dirty laundry down the front stairs." (yes, this house has a laundry chute, but y'all know what I mean.)

Unless there were servants' quarters in the house, the stairs were for the family - including kids, etc.

Man, save me from breaking my TV if she ever tries to do actual MCM. You're right - her knowledge of design is spotty at best. I probably have more books & references to historical styles from Victorian, Edwardian, pre- and post-war, and MCM than she does. She pretty much acts like anything from 1880 to 1920 is Victorian, and then seems to glop 30s-60s into mid-century. She refers to art deco without demonstrating that she knows what it is, and ignores art nouveau entirely.  She knows gingerbread and stained glass and wood floors. 

What she's done with this Tudor is sad. I mean, it's a US Tudor-style, but it had its own look and feel when it was so popular. It wasn't Ye Olde England, but it was nice. 

I can see that a carriage house might be drive-thru, because you couldn't back out a horse-drawn carriage, or so I would think, and also you might have access to a street and an alley.

Yeah, but NC was talking about bad drivers backing through walls, not alley-access doors. :D  

• Love 1

I waded through 14 pages of legalese and about all I got from it was: Do not enter into business with another person, even if you think you're going to marry them. Interesting reading though. Thanks for posting.

Yeah, the "servants" talk was annoying.  It's entirely possible that a family in that house had a hired cook (my great grandmas both worked as cooks for families in homes roughly that size), but no, they would not have had Downton Abbey style staffing.  And the cook wouldn't have lived there, either.  Unless the attic was their quarters, there did seem to be quite a few rooms up there, but no bathroom, so I am pretty sure that wasn't for staff.

• Love 2
(edited)

Thanks for posting that Mplsmn I found that very interesting, & this was the first thing I've read that actually explained what was going on. While I didn't understand a bunch of the legalese, what I got out of it is that Nicole claimed her ex called the bank & convinced them she wasn't a good credit risk, so they denied her loan & she couldn't buy the house back. I know this is a he said/she said situation, but this

(1) her own affidavit stating that Mr. Johnson of Bridgewater Bank told her that someone called the bank and commented as to her creditworthiness the day before the closing was scheduled, and (2) Jenny’s deposition testimony that he, his attorney, and his realtor each called Bridgewater Bank the day before the closing.

Why would the ex, his attorney, & his realtor all call the bank the day before she got turned down for the loan? I don't think the bank would give out information on someone else's loan, this sounds highly suspicious to me.

On the other hand, this part confirms what I've been thinking about Nicole & how she seems to get all her boyfriends to buy one of her houses.

Jenny presented affidavits and deposition testimony from Curtis’s previous boyfriends and business partners attesting to their relationships with Curtis, and evidence that Curtis filed the notice of lis pendens near the same time that she wrote about her dispute with Jenny on social media. Jenny introduced this evidence in an attempt to establish that Curtis had a pattern of “maliciously and ruthlessly manipulating and coercing four men in an attempt to enrich herself beyond any possible legal entitlement.” Jenny asserts that this pattern-of-conduct evidence shows that Curtis acted in bad faith here, too

And it sounds like she'll say anything to get what she wants, even something that easily disproved

Before the district court, Curtis argued that the release was invalid because her signature on the final version of the purchase agreement was forged. The district court found that Curtis’s signature was valid and concluded that the release was enforceable against Curtis. Curtis does not dispute the validity of the purchase agreement before this court.

I wonder what Ethan's life has been like with all these boyfriends being brought into his life, then having his mother ending up in court with all of them.

I had no idea what a Slander of Title was so I Googled & got this:

1. The defendant published a statement about the plaintiff’s property
  2. The statement was untrue
  3. The defendant knew or should have known the statement was untrue
  4. The statement was of a disparaging nature that could foreseeably impair the value of the property in the estimation of others.
  5. The plaintiff suffered damages.

I wonder what the ex claimed Nicole said about the property? 

Edited by GaT
  • Love 2

I wonder if the slander of title was her repeated facebook posts about how she'd get "her house" back, and the other posts alluding to how she'd been cheated, etc. While she didn't call him out by name, she surely mentioned Minnehaha. 

This is really quite fascinating. 

I asked a friend who's a real estate attorney about Slander of Title, he said it can even be as simple as making a claim of possession of a property when you have no right to it. Nicole has continued to call Minnehaha her house, and absolutely made multiple claims that she was cheated out of $150k, then it became the whole house. I remember when she was posting on FB about getting "her" house back, then the bank denied her the loan, she went ballistic. She made enough angry statements that fans were even warning her to be careful what she said, and then the post disappeared. The house was on the market for around $800k, I think, $750 at least, and I doubt her ex would give her a great deal on it. It's reasonable that the bank didn't think she was a good risk, this was when mortgages were very difficult to get. The only people who did well in this debacle were the lawyers, and Mr. Jenny, because property values have gone up a lot in the area.

• Love 1

I'm confused. I thought she was moving back to Detroit, why does she need a little shack for when she's in Michigan? Why are Ethan & his cousin moving in there?

• Love 1

I'm confused. I thought she was moving back to Detroit, why does she need a little shack for when she's in Michigan? Why are Ethan & his cousin moving in there?

I think this is just a little vacation place on a lake, not in Detroit, but maybe where she grew up? She sure tries to make us believe Ethan is following in her footsteps, but I'm not buying it! We saw him doing a bit more than his usual standing around, but Nicole made too much of his work, maybe she thinks he can get a show of his own, she said he was a natural designer recently too.

Nicole couldn't hide that bump much longer, but of course she couldn't outright say she's pregnant. She can't be straightforward about anything, she had to just flash a quick frame, a shot of her in silhouette, at the very last second, when many DVRs had quit recording. Now her FB fans, who are not the brightest bunch and are easily led/confused, are either congratulating her or speculating if it's true. I find it tedious and immature, like little kids who say I have a secret, but I'm not telling! Just announce it, bask in the fans well wishes, quit being passive/aggressive about everything. Next week is the grandparents house, it looks awful, a cinder block ranch with a pool, yuck.

• Love 1

Nicole couldn't hide that bump much longer, but of course she couldn't outright say she's pregnant. She can't be straightforward about anything, she had to just flash a quick frame, a shot of her in silhouette, at the very last second, when many DVRs had quit recording. Now her FB fans, who are not the brightest bunch and are easily led/confused, are either congratulating her or speculating if it's true. I find it tedious and immature, like little kids who say I have a secret, but I'm not telling! Just announce it, bask in the fans well wishes, quit being passive/aggressive about everything. Next week is the grandparents house, it looks awful, a cinder block ranch with a pool, yuck.

I think the reason she's not confirming it is because all this time she's been playing the "plucky single mom who is the sole support of her kid" card, but she's never said why she's a single mom as far as I know. Now all of a sudden she's pregnant again & she's still single & she seems less "plucky mom" & more "moron who doesn't use birth control". I think she's waiting to see what kind of acceptance she's going to get to a second, possibly unplanned, out of wedlock baby. 

• Love 5

I think she's waiting to see what kind of acceptance she's going to get to a second, possibly unplanned, out of wedlock baby.

The good news for her is it's not the 1950s anymore.

• Love 7
(edited)

I think the reason she's not confirming it is because all this time she's been playing the "plucky single mom who is the sole support of her kid" card, but she's never said why she's a single mom as far as I know. Now all of a sudden she's pregnant again & she's still single & she seems less "plucky mom" & more "moron who doesn't use birth control". I think she's waiting to see what kind of acceptance she's going to get to a second, possibly unplanned, out of wedlock baby.

Perhaps, this baby might change her image somewhat. She's sure having her kids at different ends of the spectrum, 21 and almost 39.

Her poor communication skills seem like an attention seeking ploy to me, and likes to refer to herself as cryptic. Perhaps she thinks it makes her mysterious and interesting.

The good news for her is it's not the 1950s anymore.

Haha! A LOT of her fans haven't gotten that memo either, they didn't know they could be a woman and use a hammer until they saw Nicole do it. Edited by Mplsmn
  • Love 2

Color me shocked. I dvr'd the show missed all if this. I guess I was all into Ethan's door that I missed this. LOL!!! I was impressed that she made a dumpy shack a livable (barely) home.

Well, her episodes aren't necessarily chronological, not even within 1 episode. In this one, she's not showing yet at all. And they're talking about finishing it before summer, so no pregnancy + before summer = last spring. She didn't start on the Tudor until last fall, and just finished it up now. So maybe she thought she'd stay here while waiting for the Tudor to be finished? Also, I think Ethan's 17 now, not 16?

In any case, it obviously wasn't going to be up to her own standards so was relegated to Ethan.

And I think that's why he didn't have to be prodded: he knew he'd get his own "pad" out of the deal. 

I'm glad she took off the cobwebs before painting. ;)

Why didn't they put down a transition strip at the edge of the linoleum? 

That bathroom wasn't just *ugly* - it was moldy and gross.

For a shack, for a couple of teens, it's fine. It does not, however, look "very expensive." 

• Love 1

I loved how Nicole hung ugly mirrors over the old ugly mirrors instead of removing the old ugly mirrors and putting up new ones.  

Seriously, Nicole?  You're going to let your kid live in a house with plywood and particle board floors, but nooooo carpet is unacceptable!  (Which, I hate carpet, too, but not as much as I would hate living on subfloors).  

What was that contraption she stuck in the middle of the kitchen at the end?  A door on top of some sawhorses for an island?  

• Love 3

I was forced to re-watch with my husband, he didn't see it before, I noticed so much more second time! I accepted the "place to stay until the Tudor was finished" theory about the shack, but then I remembered that Nicole said she was keeping the Cambell St house, and she claims she doesn't rent her homes, so she should still have that to live in until the Tudor was done, right? I think, from her brother's comments and attitude, she thought she was buying a lakeside property at a screaming good deal, sight unseen, but it was a dump. He seemed amused by her princess-like behavior.

I suspect after filming was complete, real floors were put in, but not reclaimed/salvaged wood, so she couldn't use it for the show, it was already a departure from her formula. It would actually make sense to put down tile or laminate for a lake home with teens around.

I had to laugh at her suggestion of putting full length curtains on a smaller window, it only makes you think the window is bigger when the curtains are closed, when they're open, the window looked even smaller!

The vanilla in the paint trick is one that is all over Pinterest, but it only masks the odor of the paint fumes, the fumes are still there! I wouldn't want to sleep in a freshly painted room, floor and walls, even if it smelled like cookies!

How obnoxious was Nicole, making the HVAC guy say "Thank you Nicole" while installing the AC , she had to insist more than once, he should have told her to jump in the lake.

• Love 1

I suspect after filming was complete, real floors were put in, but not reclaimed/salvaged wood, so she couldn't use it for the show, it was already a departure from her formula. It would actually make sense to put down tile or laminate for a lake home with teens around.

It never occurred to me that she might redo the floors after filming ends and her authenticity narrative is safe. This makes perfect sense. Badly stained sub flooring couldn't pass even in a cheap flip. I bet she has a discount flooring place on call and suddenly there's laminate.
(edited)

Season's over. She forgot to mention it during last week's episode.

Sure she did, it seems odd to me. It seemed like the season should have ended with the Grand Blvd house, but then they threw in this shack one, teased about the "new addition" and showed scenes of her grandparents' house, then suddenly, the season is over. It seems more like a decision was made, after last week's episode, to end the season. Maybe because of the baby, but of course she isn't mentioning anything about that. She shouldn't have shown that little teaser at the end if she didn't want the attention, and valued her privacy, she's the producer after all.

Edited by Mplsmn
  • Love 1

Sure she did, it seems odd to me. It seemed like the season should have ended with the Grand Blvd house, but then they threw in this shack one, teased about the "new addition" and showed scenes of her grandparents' house, then suddenly, the season is over. It seems more like a decision was made, after last week's episode, to end the season. Maybe because of the baby, but of course she isn't mentioning anything about that. She shouldn't have shown that little teaser at the end if she didn't want the attention, and valued her privacy, she's the producer after all.

She probably can't be around all the construction any more, all the fumes & dust can't be good for a pregnant woman, so maybe they just didn't get a chance to end the season well once she found out she was pregnant.

Nicole made the evening news here in Minneapolis, she's finally getting the prime time attention she has always craved! Remember John Jepsen, the guy who lifted the Dollar House, (and worked on three other of her houses, apparently) he's claiming that Nicole owes him $25k for work on the Hillside house. She disputes it of course. so back to court again for Nicole, and she has a few others who say she hasn't paid them. Here's the news clip from last night.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/05/21/home-rehabber-nicole-curtis-accused-of-not-paying-subcontractor/

They say that she is now living in Detroit, which is great, she has burned too many bridges here!

She just can't stay out of court.

“I’ve never said to the community we’re not going to do this. What I’ve said is you need to be supportive of this and quit criticizing it because we’re doing the best that we can,” Curtis said.

The community NEEDS to be supportive of her & quit criticizing? Really? Nicole thinks she's such a special snowflake that the community doesn't get a choice as to whether or not they support her?

• Love 1

Between Nicole's FB page, posts she's made on this forum, and things I've read on the Internet (like the story above), Nicole seems to have several very large chips on her tiny shoulders. The way she nickels and dimes her renos, I'm not surprised she is accused of owing money to vendors/contractors/personal assistants. I hope she can get it worked out without too much drama. But I think she likes the drama.

• Love 3

She just can't stay out of court.

The community NEEDS to be supportive of her & quit criticizing? Really? Nicole thinks she's such a special snowflake that the community doesn't get a choice as to whether or not they support her?

Nicole bought the house for $2 from the city, and needed the support of the neighborhood to convince the city to sell to her. She said she was going to fix the house for $100k in a year, proof of how horrible city officials were to say the house was too damaged and not worth restoring, she did plenty of fingerpointing and name calling. Three years later, the house is nowhere near completed, it's more of an eyesore than when it was abandoned, Nicole is whining about how expensive Hillside has been, and she's pissed the neighborhood has lost confidence in her? She really has a huge ego, she acts like everyone should be so grateful she rescued their neighborhood, but I'd be pissed if I had to live next to that for three years, and it's got a long way to go.

Are these episodes on HGTV or DIY?  I haven't seen new ones in months.  Could just be missing them I suppose.

They have been on HGTV, but ended abruptly a week or so ago, with out any announcement it was the season finale.

Between Nicole's FB page, posts she's made on this forum, and things I've read on the Internet (like the story above), Nicole seems to have several very large chips on her tiny shoulders. The way she nickels and dimes her renos, I'm not surprised she is accused of owing money to vendors/contractors/personal assistants. I hope she can get it worked out without too much drama. But I think she likes the drama.

She's such a princess, and I seriously think she has a narcissistic personality disorder. She recently posted something about never feeling good enough about herself to deserve good people in her life, but she also has a colossal ego, it's not a good combination. She absolutely loves drama, if she doesn't get enough attention she posts something she knows will be volatile. It must be exhausting to be her friend.
  • Love 3

My guess is that they are trying to leverage interest in Detroit by adding it into the title.  So many programs the past 2-3 years on the current (rundown) state of Detroit.

• Love 2

She just got a new show Rehab Addict: Rebuilding Detroit.

http://www.multichannel.com/news/content/hgtv-diy-order-new-series/390831

Hmm, maybe that's why Rehab Addict ended so abruptly, the next house is probably in Detroit, so they're putting it on the new show. I wonder if this show is in addition to Rehab Addict, or instead of Rehab Addict, it's sounds like it's based on only one community.

The only house she has left to work on in Mpls is the disastrous Hillside house, which she has apparently barely been involved in, ever, but it might be difficult for her to find contractors. She's based in Detroit now, and expecting a baby sometime soon, so it makes sense that she closes the door on this chapter of her life/career and renames the show. I suspect, with a baby, she won't be doing as much hands-on work in Detroit, she barely did anything herself this past season, now we know why. I'm just thrilled she's leaving Mpls, don't let the door hit you...
  • Love 2

One of the only reasons I watched this show was because it was set mostly in the Twin Cities.  It was fun getting glimpses of various local neighborhoods and architectural salvage companies where I could actually shop.  I'm sure there's a lot of opportunity in Detroit but since her rehabs are usually on the 'thrifty' side, to put it mildly, I don't have a lot of interest.

She absolutely loves drama, if she doesn't get enough attention she posts something she knows will be volatile. It must be exhausting to be her friend.

Yes, she's a master of those "woe is me" posts in Facebook, that are fishing for people to say "there, there," or "what's wrong."

I have another Facebook friend who does that, and I absolutely ignore her posts.

• Love 2

Not sure if this has been posted already, or if this is new.  http://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/05/28/boutwell_farmhouse_saved

What???

"There was kind of a confusion about what was going to happen with the house. The owners just wanted to sell, Nicole just wanted to renovate, but not to buy," Peterson said.

She stopped the demolition on a house she didn't own & had no interest in buying? WTF? Where does she get off doing crap like this? Somebody owned the house, they can do whatever they want with it, whether Nicole approves or not.

• Love 3

This was a classic Nicole situation, it was all about her in the long run. She showed up a day late and a dollar short, telling people what to do with their private property, but offering no solutions. She had no intention of buying the property, but she sure did use it to get a lot of free publicity. She mentioned it all over social media, and was intentionally confusing and vague about her involvement. She actually never said she was taking it on, but she sure implied it. I think the Ransom Gilllis house will be the same situation. She implied she was going to be working on it, but it will turn out she's a just a consultant or something!

• Love 1

So, Nicole didn't ever want to buy the house but she showed up to put a stop to demolition and they stopped?!? Why didn't the owners just say "screw you, lady, this is our property and we're going to do what we want"? I don't get that, are people frightened of her?

• Love 1