Type keyword(s) to search

Rehab Addict - General Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I like the mansion project just so I can stare at its big, beautiful details, but a home like that has always resided in the hands of those with money and the means to keep up the home through the years, so there is no neglect, or removal of original hardware/features, etc, which is where I think Nicole does pretty well in terms of the "rehab" part of the title of the show.  There's no real "rehab" with this mansion, it's all very basic because it's been so well preserved.  I like the tearing down of walls, patching of wood floors, restoration of bathroom fixtures, and taking ugly to beautiful.  The mansion was already jaw droppingly gorgeous.

• Love 4

Tonight: she says she's "walking away before it's finished" because the integrity of the house is intact.

I don't even know what she's talking about. We didn't get to see a kitchen in this one. 

Someone explain this to me?

Well, at least she acknowledges what a hypocrite she's being by putting an elevator into this house. After all the bitching she's done about other people's upgrades, she rationalizes a major change that isn't original by saying that now people can grow old & continue to live in the house. What about all the other houses? Why couldn't they get updates for the same reason without Nicole saying that they were wrong?

Tonight: she says she's "walking away before it's finished" because the integrity of the house is intact.

I don't even know what she's talking about. We didn't get to see a kitchen in this one. 

I was wondering the same thing, so no, I can't explain it to you :-) My guess is that the owner (AKA her boyfriend) ran out of money, so she's outta there.

• Love 2

Many messages back, I posted a video that was made to sell the house prior to Nicole's BF purchasing it. You can see the whole house, as it was, when he bought it. The bathrooms were intact then, and gorgeous, and you can see the kitchen had already been remodeled. Granite countertops in kitchen and pantry, not sure if they were new cupboards, but they weren't terrible. I'm sure Nicole's BF wasn't about to spend money on replacing a fairly new kitchen just for her show, so she simply didn't mention it. I had to laugh at how her voice over says, "I've spent the last few months doing xyz rooms..." It's obvious that this all happened over a long period, never mind her saying so on social media. Why not just be open and honest about the scope of the project? I love the "royal we" she uses all the time, it's obvious she was mostly the interior designer on this project. Professionals were hired for everything, including the placement and installation of the elevator. Nicole barely got her hands dirty, except for a photo op now and then. The fakiness of so much of her shows makes me question everything she says, so much is misinformation! The "adding a personal spin" doesn't appeal to me either, I want to see the house, not her son getting his braces off. What did that have to do with anything? Edited by Mplsmn
  • Love 2

I always seem to miss this, but I caught a couple of episodes last night. I don't care about what Nicole wears, or what she says, or that she's not really skilled at all the trades where she's in the shot. All of these shows are faked to one degree or another. I also don't care what order they show the rooms being done. I will watch any show that features beautiful old houses like this one does. And the mansion certainly fits that bill. After all the shows featuring McMansions or open concept first floors, this show is a breath of fresh air.

Edited by peggy06
  • Love 2

Totally agree that this last episode was just strange.  I suppose putting in an elevator does make the house accessible to more people, but it just seemed out of place on a show about restoring old houses.  At least Nicole acknowledged the disconnect there.  I don't see why most people can't just walk up stairs, though.  And then there was the basement - didn't she say she was doing stained concrete floors there?  That seems about as modern and trendy c. 2012 as you can get.  Why would you put cold concrete floors in a beautiful old house with all that warm gorgeous woodwork?

Are we moving on to a new house for the rest of this season, or is HGTV showing the episodes out of order so that there are more of the mansion?

Edited by Pepperclove

Didn't understand some of the things on this one.
The foundation was tarred, but I didn't see that black dimpled sheet put up nor the drain in the sock and all the gravel.  (Not sure what all constitutes a weeping tile.)

Also,  I assume the plastic/rubber tubing under the floor is for hot water to heat the floor.  I'd never seen that used. 

I wonder why she'd use that over the electric wires set in thinset?

I don't see why most people can't just walk up stairs, though.

She explained this, said many people "age out" of their homes. Stairs can become a major issue for people with arthritis or heart problems, to name just two conditions that are more common as we get older. Then there are also disabled and wheelchair-bound people. It happens that people in these situations sometimes can't stay in their two-story house because of the stairs. And this house has four stories. Now, maybe it seems unlikely that an older person would even want to continue living in a house this size. But the elevator does make it possible.

Edited by peggy06
  • Love 2

Also, as she pointed out, it was a four-story house, with the owners on the first two floors and the servants the ones having to climb up and down.
Presumably buyers now would have to venture to all the levels themselves.
There were houses of that vintage with elevators, I believe.

• Love 1

I hope the holes that they patch aren't part of a roof that really needed replacing years ago.  Wasn't that what happened in Detroit?

And Suz, I had really mixed feelings about that Holmes you mentioned.

I really felt for the little girl, who must have been insecure with all the measures needed to get her upstairs, but I couldn't fathom why the parents walked into that damn house with the soaring entry, and thought "gee, we could install a 2-story lift here," instead of "let's find a single-story house, or one where we could have ramps."

• Love 2

My onscreen episode guide says that the next episode involves a cold-weather-burst-pipe drama, requiring the patching of "20 massive holes" as well as replacing waterlines, radiators, and boilers. It doesn't say which house this is - I assume the mansion.

I believe the house is her own. I don't know any of the particulars, but have been anticipating this episode since my family was heading in the car to visit family last December and my brother read what happened on twitter. Apparently she was away from home and her precious radiators froze and burst, flooding her home.  It'll be interesting to see this week.

I wonder if this incident made her rethink her fanaticism of radiators?  Probably not.  I wish she'd rethink keeping single pane windows in all her houses.

• Love 2

This is one of my favorite shows on HGTV or DIY. The title is reflective of the show's content. Nicole is addicted to rehab. She is smart, fearless, tough and cute as a button. I would like to suggest that these shows update their intros periodically. "Why in the hell would you cover that up?". "I just want brick!" and "There's always one last door!" could be retired for new and fresh. After all Ethan looks a lot older now. Not complaining. Just saying....

• Love 1

I believe the house is her own. I don't know any of the particulars, but have been anticipating this episode since my family was heading in the car to visit family last December and my brother read what happened on twitter. Apparently she was away from home and her precious radiators froze and burst, flooding her home.  It'll be interesting to see this week.

I wonder if this incident made her rethink her fanaticism of radiators?  Probably not.  I wish she'd rethink keeping single pane windows in all her houses.

It was her house and nope, she patched or replaced the rads. She was a trooper in this episode.  Doesn't hurt that she got to film it and probably got some comps and other payments.  Plus she took off for FLA to skydive right in the middle of it so...

• Love 1

She posted this on her Faceboolk page:  "Homeowners -DEED RESTRICTIONS -easy as pie . Before you sell, ask your title company to add these words "house may not be razed unless ordered by court of law" --don't trust "historic buyers" that are really real estate investors hunting for land - it's on every one of my houses -ask an attorney - this is not complicated. And if. Buyer doesn't like it ??? Next !!!!"

But---I think enforcement is not "easy as pie." 
As a non-lawyer, I can't see that a former owner can dictate what I do with property after I buy it.

• Love 1

She posted this on her Faceboolk page:  "Homeowners -DEED RESTRICTIONS -easy as pie . Before you sell, ask your title company to add these words "house may not be razed unless ordered by court of law" --don't trust "historic buyers" that are really real estate investors hunting for land - it's on every one of my houses -ask an attorney - this is not complicated. And if. Buyer doesn't like it ??? Next !!!!"

But---I think enforcement is not "easy as pie." 

As a non-lawyer, I can't see that a former owner can dictate what I do with property after I buy it.

Huh, she can really do that? According to Merriam-Webster, raze is "to destroy to the ground", so does that mean they can destroy part of the house & leave the other part standing? And what are the consequences if they go ahead & just raze it anyway?

• Love 1

This episode was a basic reality show storyline, it really had nothing to do with home improvement. I'm sorry Nicole's house flooded, but I don't want to sit and watch her freak out about it and have other people fix all of it. And the bit about her going to Florida? Who cares?? What on earth did that have to do with home improvement? This episode belonged on E! not HGTV.

• Love 4

(note: I am not a lawyer)

Here's an interesting page on deed restrictions: http://www.landchoices.org/deedrestrictions.htm

Quote: 

While it may differ from state to state, a deed restriction is not permanent unless it is "appurtenant" to nearby land. It must benefit that nearby land, and run with the title to both properties. Otherwise, it is enforceable only during the lifetime of the grantor. Neither is it assignable by the grantee—in other words, a land trust cannot transfer a simple deed restriction to another land trust or public agency.

Another disadvantage to simple deed restrictions is that the case law of most states requires the courts to resolve any ambiguity in the interpretation of a common law deed restriction in favor of the less restricted use. Moreover, deed restrictions can be terminated by a court based on economic hardship or impracticability, without regard to public benefit.

It seems like most of them pertain to what you can do with your land, not your house. In other words, they might say you can't have a horse on your property. That makes sense - horses might lower (or raise!) your neighbors property value.

I really can't see where Nicole's misuse of this could be enforceable. Most deed restrictions are sort of community enforced, like by neighbors who are impacted. A judge might challenge Nicole, asking what her standing is - i.e., how is she an interested party? You don't retain interest & rights on something after you've sold it - it's gone, it's no longer yours. Otherwise, you're leasing it. 

This is another interesting link: http://home.howstuffworks.com/real-estate/buying-home/is-there-way-out-of-restrictive-covenant1.htm

I know this is all kind of pedantic, but I also find it interesting to look into these things! Law isn't just what you make it up to be. :)

• Love 2

I'm bored with this season. Even snarking it is boring because it's the same old snark. Lebron James didn't improve it - she's not doing an historic home this time, except it has plaster and lathe, and she's "fixing" that wrong. The family's nice, yay, but this isn't about restoring anything.

I'm guessing the Akron house was under a tight timeline.  Otherwise, why would you install brand new white cabinets before the walls are prepped & primed, before the wood floors are sanded and stained, etc etc.

• Love 3

When she said everything looked too new, I was sitting here thinking "if you doing something to those cabinets, I'm going to kill you". I was really worried she was going to sand it or something to make them looked aged. And she should have tiled the floor. 

• Love 3

That Lebron house was nasty in addition to being in bad shape. I wonder if all that brand-new is going to be gross and disgusting in six months with new holes in the walls and stains everywhere. I have a chronic disease that affects my energy level so I do understand literally having no energy for things, and that little girl was a sweetie who deserved a clean place to lay her head at night. When you don't have the time/energy/desire to keep a neat house (and I understand there are legit reasons for all three reasons) putting all brand new everything isn't going to fix the initial issues. All the $ they put into products may have been better spent on a weekly maid service for a few years. 

The water pipe issue in Nicole's house was horrifying, especially since it happened to me when I was out of town. You truly do go into "just get it fixed" Mr. Spock mode and just kind of shut down into that mode. I did. 

• Love 1

I don't understand why Nicole thinks it's so amazing that she never has new kitchen cabinets.  Also, when she said the old cabinets weren't original or any good, I wanted to yell at her that she's kept that same type of cabinet in her flips before.  I see that she did manage to shoehorn in her soapstone counter.  She's really in love with that, isn't she?

• Love 2

Very cute little girl, Lebron James was nice and funny, the kitchen looked amazing after the re-do, but I still didn't like this episode. This whole season has been very mish-mashed together and none of it flows. I get that Nicole can't always find a new house to "save" and rebuild, but if she doesn't have a house, she shouldn't have a season.

• Love 1

The mom's affect seemed a little off to me (depression?), which is why I brought up the issues of why the house was in the condition it was in to begin with. Obviously she simply may not be comfortable on camera, but I got the feeling there was something else. If there's something else going on I still say a few years of maid service would serve them better. I personally struggle with keeping my house up due to my disease so if someone gave me a choice between brand new everything or 5 years of a maid/pest service and a good-enough carpet clean I know which one I'd choose. 

Not that they have a choice in the matter nor would it make good tv. 

I'm glad Nicole kept the original cabinets. I liked them better than the new ones. I'm looking forward to what they do with the rest of the house either way as I think it's a really pretty house. 

Tell me that I'm hallucinating and that I really didn't see her slap a piece of drywall over a wire dangling out of the wall.
And I didn't see any insulation put in.

Otherwise, why would you install brand new white cabinets before the walls are prepped & primed, before the wood floors are sanded and stained, etc etc.

I was thinking the same thing.  It would be  lot easier to paint the walls without worrying about getting paint on the cabinets.

I thought I saw  a preview with her  on the roof. I really hope she doesn't patch a roof that badly needs repacing

• Love 1

I know most people in my situation would not ever want to go head to head with any of you, but if you have truly watched me since I have been on tv then you know I'm not " most people".  

I would like to first thank you for dedicating so much of your free time to discussing my show, my business even my personal life. It seems to me that you are more dedicated to this "job" than anyone I have ever worked with.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that this season is hodge podge:)  It is spanned over 2.5 years of my time and quite honestly, putting this together has been a logistical nightmare.  A few things that you failed to criticize us on that I would think would truly top your list:

1. my dog, Lucy, is clearly a lot younger in my house episode than a few episodes earlier when she appeared at Summit  2. When I started Summit, I had hair that was just past my shoulders and now...oh my gosh, in the same episode it's  inches longer. 3. In one episode, I switched my eyeglasses 3 -yes three different times!!!!!!

Enjoy our Sunday and please let me know if I can buy you breakfast I would love a conversation with someone who knows how to live a perfect life and has mastered the things I can't seem to even get together for a quick 22 min on tv.

All of my deed restrictions are instituted by attorneys and are included in written agreements that are part of the purchase agreements.  I have committed to keeping these houses standing and  the areas that I work in are plagued by absentee landlords. Does it make selling my homes  a little more difficult-of course-but when we find the right buyer they are always all for it and excited that this is even possible.  Most old homeowners cherish their homes and their worst fear would be someone tearing down or ruining a home that many have spent years maintaining.  Also, if you look into historical neighborhoods they all have restrictions and different covenents in place ensuring that new owners cannot do as they please in regards to demolishing the property or changing the historic facade. 

• Love 3

I know most people in my situation would not ever want to go head to head with any of you, but if you have truly watched me since I have been on tv then you know I'm not " most people".  

I would like to first thank you for dedicating so much of your free time to discussing my show, my business even my personal life. It seems to me that you are more dedicated to this "job" than anyone I have ever worked with.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that this season is hodge podge:)  It is spanned over 2.5 years of my time and quite honestly, putting this together has been a logistical nightmare.  A few things that you failed to criticize us on that I would think would truly top your list:

1. my dog, Lucy, is clearly a lot younger in my house episode than a few episodes earlier when she appeared at Summit  2. When I started Summit, I had hair that was just past my shoulders and now...oh my gosh, in the same episode it's  inches longer. 3. In one episode, I switched my eyeglasses 3 -yes three different times!!!!!!

Enjoy our Sunday and please let me know if I can buy you breakfast I would love a conversation with someone who knows how to live a perfect life and has mastered the things I can't seem to even get together for a quick 22 min on tv.

It's no surprise that one of the toughest parts of being in the public eye is that the public is going to talk about you, and when you're offering a tv show for the public, it's going to have fans and detractors. It's a shame, but it's a fact of life and tough to deal with, I imagine. The best thing to do is to ignore it, and don't seek it out. Just like in real life, there are nice people and not-so-nice people on the Internet.

Hell, I'm not even on tv and not everyone likes me :)

Edited by LakeLover
  • Love 1

In the kitchen they replaced the old cabinets with new white ones. Nicole said that the existing ones weren't original to the house. I've seen her keep cabinets of that era when renovating an old house on a budget, but apparently there was a budget that allowed for cabinet replacement on this house. 

My statement was confusing. I meant kept them to recycle on another project. I think she mentions that towards the end of the episode. 

Hell, I'm not even on tv and not everyone likes me :)

I manage to annoy people online all the time with absolutely no effort on my part!

If the poster is really Nicole: I love your show and think it's one of the best. The episode where you called your mom to sort through all that junk in the basement and kitchen looking for treasures.....I called MY mom to tell her and we got a big kick out of it and laughed because it sounded like something we'd do. I grew up dump picking with my grandma. Dump day was like Christmas at our house. Fun times!

Edited by bubbls
  • Love 2

Nicole, if that really is you, I would advise you to step away from the keyboard. Ask Aaron Sorkin about how well it works when creators interact in fans' safe places, which is what this is. 

And nothing you've said changes what I've perceived and felt. 

I'll be honest - this puts me off you even more, in addition to the nice piece of bullying in which you engaged today - tracking down a lady on craigslist to not sell her own property? Seriously now. https://www.facebook.com/nicolecurtisrehabaddict/posts/984907524858654

You literally bullied her into not selling her own property. Who made you judge & jury as to what someone can do? She wanted to replace something she didn't like with something else historically accurate that she DID like.  Newsflash: not everyone in 1904 had perfect taste.

Honestly, I'm done with you and your show. You're mean, and you've fetishized the past. You're very much "do as I say, not as I do." There are many people on DIY and HGTV who are gracious, knowledgeable, and willing to share that with fans without shaming them. You could learn from them. 

And specifically, I mean people like Bryan Baumler, Mike Holmes, John DiSilvia, Kayleen McCabe, Matt Muenster, etc.  They are all exceedingly appreciative of their fans and never try to shame them.

Oh, and:

Also, if you look into historical neighborhoods they all have restrictions and different covenents in place ensuring that new owners cannot do as they please in regards to demolishing the property or changing the historic facade.

No, they don't. They may. But many areas are just full of old homes, and they're just homes. I know this because I've lived in those places, like Philadelphia. FULL of homes from 1700s on forward, but they're not all historically listed and protected.

• Love 6

Nicole, I'm sorry you're upset, but surprised, that as a reality tv star, it bothers you so much after you've been on TV this long.
I'd guess it was the normal downside of being in the public eye, and guess that there is surely  also an upside that comes from celebrity.

For me, and I'd guess for others who comment here, DIY/real estate shows are some of our chosen TV fare, and we like to comment on our shows, as much as people who watch Real Housewives, Downton Abbey, or America's Next Top Model do.

Hey, I've even criticized my ultimate idol, Mike Holmes, so please don't take the criticism personally.

• Love 1

I believe that statement really is from Nicole, same combative attitude against anyone who's not praising her, and same incoherent and rambling sentences she writes on social media. I hope what she takes from reading this forum is that viewers, who used to like the show, now find it ridiculous. She and the show have changed, she is not the humble woman looking for investors she used to be, she now has a sense of entitlement and the show is less informative. It's now a show about Nicole more than it is about the houses. I have a friend who is a very well known author, household name sort of guy. He once told me the last thing anyone in the public eye should do is read everything about themselves, fans will worship you and give you a massive ego and a false sense of your own importance, critics who will hurt your heart and make you doubt yourself, all of it affects you and the people closest to you. There's a reason they say fame comes with a price.

• Love 6

The latest Lebron episode was pretty boring, but it was nice to see more of the family who's house it is. I can see why Lebron picked that little girl to help, she is adorable and has a lovely personality, she just shines. The look on Nicole's dad's face was great, when Nicole's son said he was in charge, standing there with a clip board, in spotless clothes, not dirty and sweaty like everyone else. I don't think grandpa was impressed!

• Love 1

While I appreciate what Nicole is doing fixing up this latest house for the deserving family this last episode had me feeling bad for them. It was because of the way she was talking about the bathroom they were fixing. She was saying how dirty and smelly it was. How it had bugs and mice. Etc etc. I'm sure the family knows the place is in need of repair and would have fixed it themselves if they had the resources. No need to make them feel bad about their home. She just didn't sound very nice saying it that way and I'm sure that's not how she wanted to come across.

• Love 1

So even though she wasn't restoring the bathroom, she still used white subway tiles & black & white hexagonal tiles on the floor. Is there a reason she can't just try a tiny bit of variety? At least she didn't use the black/white shower curtain, but I didn't like the knobs she put on the vanity at all, I thought it looked stupid with 2 knobs on each drawer.

• Love 4

That was a pretty freaking big bathroom so the millions of tiny tiles were giving me a headache just looking at them on tv. I can't imagine how they looked in person.

I did feel like there was a ton of wasted space in there, too. One bathroom for 5 people has got to be pretty frustrating in the mornings and the toilet was just out there in the open (along with the vanity and shower), so you couldn't really have more than one person in there at a time (unless they don't give a flip about privacy). I was wondering if they couldn't have done something to separate the toilet and shower area from the sink area so multiple people could have used it at the same time? They had taken the bathroom down to studs and moved the plumbing around, so couldn't they have thrown up a wall and door to separate the two areas?

Edited by emma675d
  • Love 4

I fell on the floor laughing when Ethan said all those people were there for LeBron AND his mom.  LOLOLOLOLOL.  Nice try, kid.  

I can't believe they couldn't find a way to put in a powder room on the first floor.  If they were willing to move the stack on the 2nd floor to accommodate a double vanity, then they could certainly work something out on the first floor, although that's hard to know without seeing the full floor plan.  5 people and 1 bathroom is just bananas.  That old built-in cabinet was super gorg!  Was it just me, or did it look like there was new hardware on the built-in?  I thought they looked like cup pulls, and then they were handles in the reveal.  

I was hoping Nicole would be visiting the Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens there in Akron.  It was the home of the Seiberlings, the founders of Goodyear Tire, and it is exquisitely preserved and cared for.

I did feel like there was a ton of wasted space in there, too. One bathroom for 5 people has got to be pretty frustrating in the mornings and the toilet was just out there in the open (along with the vanity and shower), so you couldn't really have more than one person in there at a time (unless they don't give a flip about privacy). I was wondering if they couldn't have done something to separate the toilet and shower area from the sink area so multiple people could have used it at the same time? They had taken the bathroom down to studs and moved the plumbing around, so couldn't they have thrown up a wall and door to separate the two areas?

I agree that the best use of all that bathroom space would have been to divide the toilet from the sinks so as to allow more people at once to use the facilities. That's become one of my "soapbox issues" because a separate toilet room makes a lot of sense especially for a family home (or a home shared by roomies). If the toilet's not in the same room with the shower/bathtub/sink one person can use the toilet while another is bathing/showering/brushing teeth, without pushing boundaries as to modesty - not to mention the odor issues.

I don't think Nicole has any kind of privacy issues with toilets not being isolated, remember that master bedroom she redid with the open bathroom (including the toilet?) She just doesn't seem to care if it's all one room or not, maybe she grew up in a house where there was no bathroom privacy.

• Love 1

I felt like they totally could've pulled out the built-ins. They weren't so blessedly original as to merit preservation. A few drawers and a cabinet, painted over multiple times, and then again painted over. Take that out, and you had more space - I would've put in a stand alone shower AND tub, or a crapton of good storage. That's what a family home with only one bath needs. 

• Love 3

I'm really sick of subway tile too. Not just because Nicole uses it all the time, but because EVERYBODY uses it all the time. I'd like to see some more options for timeless bathroom finishes.

I can't believe she posted here! If you're going to earn money by putting yourself on TV, then you need to understand that there will be both praise and criticism.

• Love 3

I'm really sick of subway tile too. 

Subway tile to me feels like a goddamn junior high locker room.  If it were in my house I'd rip it out in a second.  It is cold and glacial and about as unrelaxing as I could imagine.  The fact that she uses it, over and over and over, shows a complete lack of imagination.  I used to love this show, because I love old houses, but every Nicole house ends up looking like every other house.  Were people really that unimaginative in the 19th century?

And I agree with the poster upthread who basically said we don't learn anything from her projects any more.  <begin rant> As a person with a minimal budget and no extra help available, when I watch a DIY show, I want to know how they do stuff, not just that they do it.  I want to know how much it cost and how much effort went into it.  Some of her earlier projects came with price lists, but not any more.  It's all "I had exactly what I needed in my scrap pile at home," and ten contractors working behind the scenes, which sorta negates the concept of DIY.   Kinda like how they used to cheat the $1000 on Trading Spaces by conveniently having exactly what they needed stashed in another room.  But then, I'm distressed at HGTV and DIY network in general.  It's style over substance.  I don't want to see a DIY show about Vanilla Ice or William Shatner or Jennie Garth.  I don't want to see rerun after rerun of yard crashers putting in their umpteenth fire pit and pergola using unlimited funds and 800 volunteers.  I want to see DIY and learn how to DIY.  And it's been a long time since I could find that on those channels.  <end rant>

• Love 9

I don't think Nicole has any kind of privacy issues with toilets not being isolated, remember that master bedroom she redid with the open bathroom (including the toilet?) She just doesn't seem to care if it's all one room or not, maybe she grew up in a house where there was no bathroom privacy.

It's not the privacy issue, or lack thereof, IMHO.  It's b/c she's a flipper and every change, however small, affects that bottom line.  So, they hope buyers are so enamored by the place and have that initial, emotional reaction to the home that they don't notice those details.  Until after living in the home and then, YUCH!

You'd think someone would have noticed the open concept master bedroom and bath but that room did have a certain old-fashioned charm to it.  Don't remember hearing if that home sold or was rented ???

Granted, this (ETA:  meaning, the Akron LeBron foundation home)  was a donation home but habits are tough to break.  Plus, they apparently had a major time crunch.  And, again, every additional expense would affect that budget.

Edited by BearCat49

Don't remember hearing if that home sold or was rented ???

Granted, this was a donation home but habits are tough to break.  Plus, they apparently had a major time crunch.  And, again, every additional expense would affect that budget.

Detroit Renovations (Nicole Curtis) purchased the house, for $32k way back in 4/30/13, it is still showing as being owned by her, 20 months later, and no licenses for rental. She had it on and off the market a few times, lowered the price, and it's currently inactive. Ithink it's a matter of over pricing and location isssues. I doubt she's making much money on this one after all this time!