Type keyword(s) to search

Rehab Addict - General Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

It’s all look at me, I’m cute and funny and short...: she leaves out the bat shit crazy.

The only good thing on the show is Sanford. He is a doll. 

I think the guys she works with all might consider banging her. But have the sense to realize it’s not worth dealing with her drama.

• Love 2
On 10/23/2017 at 11:59 AM, Sup wit dat said:

She’s not restoring, she’s flipping houses just like all the other shows.  So ok, whatever.  But now she whistles for her workers like they’re dogs and eats their lunches?

And talks to them like they're six and puts her hands on them in ways that would be considered outrageous were the genders reversed. 

But hey, I just live to see another fucking bathroom done in ugly ass white subway tile because Nicole has the imagination of a slime toad.  And draws her "designs" as chicken scratch on the damn wall and expects her carpenter to figure out what she wants.  I thought this series had been cancelled, so I was surprised that it popped up again.

• Love 4

I just re-watched the Dollar house and the Case Street house.  I really loved back then how she saved and re-used the original wainscoting, sinks, tiles, and wood and even recolored paint.  It was also sweet to see her mom and dad in the show.  She was respectful to the guys (funny how there’s never any women workers, lol) and the house was always the focus of the show.  Now she’s the focus of the show.  It’s so different!  I understand the subway tiles because those are the closest she can get to historically accurate, but now it seems mostly just ripping stuff out and replacing it with new then throwing in a few antique furniture pieces and calling it a day.

The thing that made her show so unique was saving the wrecks and showing that if something could be salvaged she’d save it and make it look amazing.  Now it feels more like a flip show.  So sad!  Bring back the old show plz!

Edited by Sup wit dat
  • Love 5

Was this a new show?  If her mom was in it, I'd think it was an old one.  I thought they were not speaking. In fact, her mom had gotten a restraining order against her.  And her son no longer lives with her.  After all that I've read, I've lost interest in Nicole.  I think she needs some help. 

• Love 2
On 11/1/2017 at 10:42 AM, chessiegal said:

From the promos I've seen, I think the new shows start next week. Don't care, won't be watching.

Me either.  I'm not sure what has happened to her, but, I don't care for her anymore.  I have no issues with breast feeding, but, I don't think that is what her fight with her baby's daddy is about.  It's just sad and pathetic to use your kid that way.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5062691/Rehab-Addict-s-Nicole-Curtis-defends-breastfeeding-toddler.html

• Love 3
On 10/19/2017 at 9:42 AM, chessiegal said:

Not me. I stopped watching after she came on this board and insulted posters. She's a nut case.

Whoa!  When did that happen?  Can you point me in the right direction?  

22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm not sure what has happened to her, but, I don't care for her anymore. 

She always irritated me.  That squeaky voice.  Extremely questionable construction skills.  Very bad staining.  The "I'm little and cute" card can only be played so many times.  Now she just looks like a gnarly piece of gristle that's been left out in the sun.  And what's going on with this baby?  Why is she breastfeeding a child who has teeth?  Seems like she has taken a long walk off a short pier.  I guess all my shouting at the TV paid off.  

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Whoa!  When did that happen?  Can you point me in the right direction?

Here's a post from 11/23/14 on page 3 of this thread.

I know most people in my situation would not ever want to go head to head with any of you, but if you have truly watched me since I have been on tv then you know I'm not " most people".  

I would like to first thank you for dedicating so much of your free time to discussing my show, my business even my personal life. It seems to me that you are more dedicated to this "job" than anyone I have ever worked with.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that this season is hodge podge:)  It is spanned over 2.5 years of my time and quite honestly, putting this together has been a logistical nightmare.  A few things that you failed to criticize us on that I would think would truly top your list:

1. my dog, Lucy, is clearly a lot younger in my house episode than a few episodes earlier when she appeared at Summit  2. When I started Summit, I had hair that was just past my shoulders and now...oh my gosh, in the same episode it's  inches longer. 3. In one episode, I switched my eyeglasses 3 -yes three different times!!!!!!

Enjoy our Sunday and please let me know if I can buy you breakfast I would love a conversation with someone who knows how to live a perfect life and has mastered the things I can't seem to even get together for a quick 22 min on tv.

Here's a post from 1/18/15 on page 4 of this thread.

Hi all- we are sitting here having brunch going over schedules this thread is always a fun entertainment moment for us. I feel it's unfair to make you suffer through these questions you have so we thought we'd answer them in one swoop.  First and foremost, thank you for continuing to watch every week even though you hate me and the show and also your dedication to my social media is like none we've ever seen. 1. The tub I was upset about was in a different bathroom in the house waiting to be finished.(never featured on the show) The tub we did for the show was brought up to code in the manner described. which if you had read the post in its entire context -you would have seen that very obvious statement by me 2. I most definitely have status on airlines and easily fly home 3 bags each way so no worries for those who thought I would be in financial disrepair for my luggage costs. 3. most impressed with your skills on google and tracking down owners of homes that I worked on-hopefully, none of you were the ones we caught trespassing recently. 4. thank you for agreeing with me that I look haggard just said that this morning,in fact, after peeling off eyelashes from a photo shoot -unfortunately, due to the popularity of the show from such dedicated viewers as yourselves, I get asked to do more media interviews than imaginable -which includes hair and yes, those fabulous eyelashes-which because I'm on such a tight schedule most certainly get worn right to work (perhaps you have not ever had the fun of trying to repair your face after a photo shoot-but it takes more than a minute) 5. what am I forgetting ?oh, the dark bathroom you hate-yes, well good news is-you don't have to buy it-even if you did-you could repaint it. 6. oh the waste hole, good eye-you definitely got me there :) my special order stop didn't arrive in time for us to cut this. 7. the toilet tile ? I said don't bother with the rust stains -yes-but rest assured it was clean.  Did I miss something? probably:(  let us know-we haven't got our food yet so we can pop back on .  Happy Sunday

And if you go to her FB page, she blasts anyone who dares to criticize her.

• Love 1

Even her mom is not able to communicate with her anymore. Something is just not right.  It's unfortunate.  I really did used to like her show a lot and I watched all the episodes.  I didn't even care about the work, that much.  So what if she wasn't perfect.  I just found her entertaining and amusing.  The renovation was a bonus.  Those days are over.  I hope the kid turns out ok. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3

Read the People magazine article on her current custody battle. Did she have any kind of relationship with the father of her youngest? They didn't delve into it and it almost sounds like she barely knew him. She wanted to completely raise the baby on her own and was "surprised" when he asserted his own parental rights. Really??? Good for him for wanting to be involved.  She's completely using the breast feeding issue as a block to allowing the man to rightfully spend time with his child. She's a kook.

• Love 4
On 11/12/2017 at 9:51 PM, Kiki620 said:

She's completely using the breast feeding issue as a block to allowing the man to rightfully spend time with his child. She's a kook.

She certainly seems to have gone around the bend.  As for breastfeeding, does she look like she has one ounce of fluid of any kind in her?  It is not medically necessary for a child of that age: therefore it's about her.  She is a nutjob.  

• Love 1

If anyone's still watching the actual show at this point, I still want to hurl.  What self-styled rehab expert doesn't know that asbestos is a mineral?  Did she think it is plucked from the asbestos tree?  Or did she think she'd sound cute and girly by playing dumb? 

And this show used to, at least to some degree, address how to make big changes on a small budget.  Then it morphed into let's cut as many corners as we can and pocket the difference (remember the subfloor she used as a floor?), and now it's just let's contract it all out, flirt with the contractors and pretend to work every once in a while.  While breastfeeding in the back of a car.  And criticize the contractor for daring to check the level on the coat rack she hung on the wall without pre-verifying if the door would hit it.

Who the hell stages a house one room at a time?  Just saying.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, meowmommy said:

If anyone's still watching the actual show at this point, I still want to hurl. 

I'm still watching, & it doesn't seem like a restoration show anymore, it feels like a flipping show. She doesn't really talk about original details or go searching for things, she just fixes whatever is wrong & moves on.

• Love 4

I stopped watching this after some of her posts on Facebook about dealing with local government, etc.  I sat on an Historic Preservation Commission for years and have a background in historic architecture.  She's like every other "I'm doing you a FAVOR, I don't need to go through the full permitting process" developer I've dealt with.  A total PITA when they don't get what they want. 

• Love 4

I found her book at an airport stand and as I love old houses picked it up despite never watching the show. From her constant defensive tone in it, I thought there has to be a lot of drama with her show so I'll see if there's a thread! 

So thank you fellow posters for filling in gaps I didn't understand from her book! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, txvoodoo said:

Burned the rest of her Detroit bridges?

Welp, two cities down...look out LA!  lol

Side note - when I see images of what one.point.whatever million buys on a coast, I appreciate even more, my flyover real estate.

Is the show still in production?

• Love 2
On 3/15/2018 at 12:59 AM, GaT said:

Looks like Nicole has left Detroit. I wonder if she's going to try to do her show from LA?

I really hope not. As sensitive as she is about old houses, she would pass out to see how many gorgeous places have been stripped of all original details inside. 

On 4/9/2018 at 10:23 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

It sounds complicated.  Not sure what to believe, but, based on her inability to co-parent with the baby's dad and to communicate effectively with her mother, I just wonder if she has some kind of issue that causes her to struggle with interpersonal relationships.  

It appears that she and her older son are friendly from that photo.  I hope it's going well.  I still worry about the baby.  Looks like there may be more years of custody litigation with him. 

• Love 1
(edited)

It's hard to say.  I found this and it says that the last season shows aired from Oct. - Nov. 2017.  So, I suppose that it's conceivable that they have new shows in the can to air this spring. I didn't see anything about it specifically though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rehab_Addict

I just wonder if HGTV really wants to deal with her and her issues. It seems it would be too costly and aggravating. 

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/news/a47643/nicole-curtis-lawsuit-controversy/

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It's hard to say.  I found this and it says that the last season shows aired from Oct. - Nov. 2017.  So, I suppose that it's conceivable that they have new shows in the can to air this spring. I didn't see anything about it specifically though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rehab_Addict

I just wonder if HGTV really wants to deal with her and her issues. It seems it would be too costly and aggravating. 

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/news/a47643/nicole-curtis-lawsuit-controversy/

Yeah, I would think that they have enough social media fodder to convince them that she should move on.  Perhaps that would explain her house purchase in Los Angeles.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm still boggled by the narrative that she kept the 2nd pregnancy a secret. She was pregnant during that whole Beach Flip show with David Bromstad and Josh Temple. They even made a point of her not being able to do some things because of her being pregnant. 

In addition, the very last frame of the season of Rehab addict that she did while pregnant showed her sitting in a window, bump on full display. Later on, they did edit it out, but there it was, right out there.

She loves to rewrite history.

Edited to add a picture of her during Beach Flip:

beach flip.jpg

Edited by txvoodoo
1 hour ago, txvoodoo said:

I'm still boggled by the narrative that she kept the 2nd pregnancy a secret. She was pregnant during that whole Beach Flip show with David Bromstad and Josh Temple. They even made a point of her not being able to do some things because of her being pregnant. 

In addition, the very last frame of the season of Rehab addict that she did while pregnant showed her sitting in a window, bump on full display. Later on, they did edit it out, but there it was, right out there.

She loves to rewrite history.

Edited to add a picture of her during Beach Flip:

beach flip.jpg

Question - which of these^ three looks least interested in Beach Flip?  Take your time, it's a close one.

• Love 2
(edited)

So is Brett Tutor from Trading Spaces her latest boyfriend, or are they working together? Just a cursory glance at their Instagrams makes one wonder...

Oh, and apparently a new season starts tonight. Not sure if my DVR is still picking this up. Guess I'll find out.

Edited by tobeannounced
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, GaT said:

Nicole Curtis' ex files for sole custody of their son, says she's 'unfit' as a parent

I don't think there's a single person in her life she isn't feuding with, I also think that she's still breastfeeding just to make sure she keeps the kid.  

From the link - 

"The actress, who in a controversial move is still breastfeeding their son, currently splits her time between Los Angeles, where her show is filmed, and Michigan, where Maguire lives."

• Actress??!!  Yeah, no
  • Breastfeeding a 3-yr old?  Yeah, no (ymmv)
  • Los Angeles, "where her show is filmed"??  Since when?  I suspected this when it was revealed that she purchased a home there.
  • As shown below, she is clearly an excellent mother, else why would she carry around a 3-yr old in a bedsheet, and prove it by taking a selfie in an elevator?
  • Crazy?  We need a new word for crazy.

Screenshot (104).png

eta - the darker hair color is much better Nicole.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Los Angeles, "where her show is filmed"??  Since when?  I suspected this when it was revealed that she purchased a home there.

I watched the new episode tonight, & the house was in Michigan, not LA, so I don't know they're talking about.

On 7/11/2018 at 10:51 PM, backgroundnoise said:

I just watched a new episode about a lakeside cottage in Nicole's home town in MI.  It was edited so jerkily it was hard to see what was going on, and seemed rushed.

How could you tell it was a new episode? Did they advertise it that way or did Nicole talk about her son and make it clear it was filmed recently? Was it on HGTV? 

38 minutes ago, GaT said:

Did they finish the season? Episodes just stopped & I forgot all about the show.

I actually haven't caught any.  Didn't really know there was a new season.  Season 9 I guess?  As much as I used to enjoy watching, her off-camera nuttiness has negatively affected my interest in her activities.

• Love 2

I read that a couple days ago and thought damn, every time she pops up it's because her kid got ripped from her arms on another holiday. And she's breastfeeding still and, and ... lather, rinse, repeat. She would nurse that kid until he's 8 years old just to spite her ex. I want to like her because Old Houses, Old People, Old Dogs and part of me does because she can be a hoot - like when she swans in those chaps in the show intro, and she's a quick-witted smart mouth - but she is so good with inanimate objects and so bad with people. But then, the little girl who had cancer? So there's that. 

"Just when I thought I was out, she pulls me back in." 

• Love 3
On 10/25/2018 at 6:32 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

As much as I used to enjoy watching, her off-camera nuttiness has negatively affected my interest in her activities.

In my case, I got tired of her on-camera screechy presence and was only vaguely aware of her off-camera antics. Until my PTV peeps brought the links. SMH. She's quite a piece of work.

I did watch the recent (mini) season where she renovated a small lakeside house in her home town in Michigan. It was IMO one of her better projects shown on the show. The producers had to chop it all up into 30 minute episodes and I suppose my expectations are low enough that I thought it was okay. At the end of the episode she said she intended to keep the place as a family getaway spot. Not must-see TV, just slightly-below-average DIY network fare.

• Love 1