Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E13: My Word Is My Bond

• Start Topic

That's when I think things will start to get fun with the double vote.  Folks can't assume it will only show up at auction, thus it adds another layer of thinking about how/when/if to split votes.

• Love 2

I'd prefer it won or hidden during a RC.  People expect that type of stuff at auctions.  They are going to wait until the end.  Can you imagine bringing out love fluff from home and all sorts of greasy comfort foods, and no one bid on it because they are waiting for the advantage-only to get to the end and be told they are done, that's it.

• Love 7

If it's at auction, it just needs to be a covered item, Jeff shouldn't announce when the advantage is coming up.

Sure, it can be a covered item, but when it's won, Jeff will say "you bought an advantage".  In the past the advantage was something like extra practice for the immunity challenge.  But now everyone will automatically assume it's a double vote and gun for the person that won it.

I think it'd be great if it's just randomly hidden somewhere on the beach once they get to the merge.

• Love 2

To be fair to Dan, Dan was right and Mike was wrong in that instance. Dan was not the target, and his alliance did not turn on him. Carolyn was the target. The only reason he got voted out is because Carolyn played her idol and so the votes for her were nullified.

However much I dislike Dan (which is a lot!), he is correct that Mike seems to have actually been wrong in every instance where he tried to get Dan and Sierra to turn on Rodney. We'll never fully know the truth of which of Rodney's alliances Rodney viewed as real until Rodney's voted out and speaks to it, but events have shown that Tyler and Carolyn were both targeted before Dan and Sierra. IMHO, it is unlikely that either Dan or Sierra would have gained much by flipping, especially given that we all think Mike will win if he makes f3. Sierra, in particular, is in a good position with Mike and Carolyn as more desirable targets and Will and Rodney as her best set of final 3 partners for a win. Immunity competitions can always screw things up for her, but IMHO, it's unlikely that flipping would have set her up any better.

It doesn't matter if Mike was right or wrong in that instance.  The point I was trying to make is that, with a bare minimum of effort, Dan could have and should have strung Mike along so that he wouldn't vote for him.  Even if you believe that one vote against you isn't going to make a difference because you are in the majority alliance, your goal should still be to not be voted for at all just in case some unforeseen circumstance (or hidden immunity idol!) screws you over.  A tiny bit of kindness, a nod and a smile and 5 minutes of pretending to agree with Mike could have kept Dan in the game.  Thankfully, that was just too much for him and his sense of honor.  Hee.

• Love 7
A tiny bit of kindness, a nod and a smile and 5 minutes of pretending to agree with Mike could have kept Dan in the game.

Heck, as far as Dan was considered at that point Dan was still going to the final 3 and Mike would be eliminated one way or another.  Dan should have been cultivating Mike for a jury vote.   These people really need to examine Parvati's play.  In her 2nd and 3rd appearances she was nice to everyone, even if she had to grit her teeth to do it.

• Love 5

This is the only episode of Survivor I have watched more than once and I've rewatched it twice and might even go back for thirds.  Just to savor seeing Dan get the wind knocked out of his sails.

• Love 4

This is the only episode of Survivor I have watched more than once and I've rewatched it twice and might even go back for thirds.  Just to savor seeing Dan get the wind knocked out of his sails.

The good news for him is that all the hot air he emits is fully capable of filling those sails for life.

• Love 5

I have watched every season of Survivor and this is the first time I am seriously dreading the reunion show.  After reading the transcript of the interview Rob had with Dan it is apparent he is one seething ball of bitterness!!  I can't think of anything that Jeff can say/ask Dan that won't cause a torrent of nastiness we have never seen before.  He is one loose cannon and I hope the producers of this show are ready for anything.  Dan...it was a game...it was a television show...it's over!!

• Love 2

No one puts Jeff in a corner.  If Dan thinks he's going to go off on a bad editing tantrum and trash the process and get away with it, he' a dumber super fan than I thought.  Jiffy is probably going to love it because this will be his chance to be the big man and totally put Dan in his place.  He runs the reunion, he can cut Dan off when he wants and move on to something totally irrelevant the next minute.  And since Dan's already gone through the interview circuit, no one is going to care to let him re-hash his feelings or have a final word on how he get owned by Jeff.  I'm looking forward to that part (don't let me down Probst, you did enough of that with the undeserved hype this season) but not looking forward to the stupid Shirin drama.  So letting the villains this season get a beat down from Jeff, the second chance reveal, and hopefully coverage of my beloved 3 NC is all I care about.

• Love 4

These people really need to examine Parvati's play. In her 2nd and 3rd appearances she was nice to everyone, even if she had to grit her teeth to do it.

Yes. Most of the winners understood this, at least at some level. It couldn't be more basic. The object of the game is to not be voted out by the other people, so goal number one should be, make people like me. Goal number two should be, don't make anyone hate me. Dan the super fan, hasn't grasped this.

• Love 5

LadyChatts: No one puts Jeff in a corner.  If Dan thinks he's going to go off on a bad editing tantrum and trash the process and get away with it, he' a dumber super fan than I thought.  Jiffy is probably going to love it because this will be his chance to be the big man and totally put Dan in his place.

And look how it turned out.  Clearly you are psychic.:)

• Love 2