Type keyword(s) to search

Time Keeps On Slipping (Slipping, Slipping) Into The Future: S8 and Beyond Wish List And Spec Thread!

Yeah, that's become the trope/cliche/ anvil.

It was actually a relief to watch the boozing, smoking mothers on Mad Men who yelled at their kids for playing ghost with drycleaning bags because the clean clothes weren't put away.

But I am old and cynical.

Yeah well I'm old and cynical too I'd prefer a more down to earth, realistic portrayal than the politically correct pap that often gets force fed down my throat about pregnancy and motherhood in magazines and on TV. I eye roll at certain things like the sudden swearing off alcohol completely like it's poison and taking one sip will kill your baby irreparably and signal you are a BAD MOTHER. 

I expect the Castle writers will not be going down the Mad Men route heh and be keeping everything suitably cute, sweet and harmless whilst adhering to every cliche imaginable. 

Quite frankly, I think ABC would have done themselves a much bigger favor by creating a series based on the 12th precinct overall, kept on Ryan, Lainie and Espo, and expanded it to stories about them and other cops in the precinct, rather than investing in the mess that is The Rookie. Not too late to turn the ship around, folks!

• Love 1