Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Patriot Brains

Liv and Clive investigate the mysterious death of a former sniper, Everett, who has been working as an instructor at a paintball facility. They begin questioning family members including Everett's ex-wife and her new husband Sean and realize things are not what they seem. Meanwhile, Major continues to get closer and closer to the truth, and Blaine does the unthinkable.

Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LYRdNG_a-k

• Love 1

Main plot still better than the episodic mysteries, and this one was very Dick Wolf ripped from the headlinesy in a couple different ways.

Liv, being Batman is a noble goal, but it's not realistic.  Especially with zombies.  Take the shot!  Even if Blaine's in the main cast and your boyfriend isn't.

• Love 9

:>(

I missed parts of this and was still so sad at the end--much moreso than typical CW fair.

I wish several shows that were canceled had been renewed, but at least this one did deserve to be renewed and was.

• Love 3

Liv, being Batman is a noble goal, but it's not realistic.  Especially with zombies.  Take the shot!  Even if Blaine's in the main cast and your boyfriend isn't.

That drives me freaking up the wall! Seriously, I like Buffy's (from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) stance on it. If if's evil, you kill it. Liz, I'm sorry, but you would never survive a Zombie apocalypse. Does she think Blaine can be arrested? He's just turn more people into Zombies and make his escape.

Obviously, the brains have to be completely destroyed in order to kill a Zombie. Too bad Major didn't plant one more bullet into The Candyman's head.

Poor Lowell, he tried to do the right thing.

• Love 9
(edited)

Wow. Seriously, wtf was that? She snacked on the brain of a cheerleader who went into the attic because the guy in the hockey mask was calling from inside the house?

He's a drug dealing zombie who turns people and feeds them poor kids for money. Take the freaking shot.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 8

While I get Liv's doctor's  POV? Take the shot. You'd be doing less harm that way.

Ravi's cool, but of course.

Major is scaring me and ,apparently, even Clive.

Trying to get my living room moved so the DH and I can prime it before friends come over to help. I missed enough to not get invested in the story, but I loved Liv cleaning her boots!  (DH was in the Army and he has tons of boot polishing and cleaning time under his belt. *g*)  Points for making a currently obnoxious trend as scary as it logically could be, though.  True to form, it was the white collar asshole who actually did it.

I wish Liv knew about Mr. LimoGuy. He's ultra-obnoxious and needs to have a couple of highball glasses of STFU and GTFO. Maybe a zombie size 9 up his poop chute for extra emphasis. See, Liv? This is why you take out Blaine, despite his deep appreciation of Mr. Cobain.

Ravi and Major? Great team. I need Liv to gather her forces though, come clean to those not in the know (like her mom and Evan), and make a good, smart plan. Then make a couple of good back-ups because things hardly ever go that smooth.

Lowell? So not a weenie.

• Love 4

Poor Lowell! He wasn't such a a bad guy after all! Is there anyway he could come back? As a zombier? 

Wallace!!!! Really, what would Veronica say?!?! Please allow the parade of VMars guests to continue. 

Poor Major. Glad we got to see more of Ravi though. And Ravi`s not a zombie! Yea!!

On the one hand, I wanted Liv to take the shot, being as her target in a murdering zombie drug dealer and all. He kills people, zombifies them, then kills more people to feed them, all for profit.He is a really really bad dude. However, actually killing someone, when you have spent your life as a doctor, then as an ME/detective? Probably not easy. But I bet she`ll wish she had killed him now. Poor Liv. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I thought the way the guys who found the body acted all macho and then ran away screaming like little girls* was funny and very true.

So many great lines:

"You'll eat... human brains... to get bigger muscles?"

"For god's sake, cerebellum sashimi is people!" Hannibal reference?

"Fecal matter? That's, like, poo, right?"

"No one's lip-synching to Frozen!"

"All aboard the pain train. First stop: Hand Francisco!"

Oh, and is this show trying to kill me? First romantic Bradley James, then dirtied up Bradley James, then postcoitally nekkid Bradley James? THEN THEY FUCKING KILL HIM. Sheesh.

LOL at Blaine wanting to 'jam' with Lowell.

Loved Liv catching the killer. "Nerd!"

Oh, Major, you dumb, dumb person.

Wouldn't Lowell have known that a stab to the arm would do nothing to a zombie? Farewell, you pretty, pretty boy.

*For those who think this is sexist, have you ever heard a little girl scream?

ETA: The not-at-all-subtle slam of the drone technology? Oh Rob Thomas, I missed thee.

Edited by CinnamonCat
  • Love 7

"For god's sake, cerebellum sashimi is people!" Hannibal reference?

More like Soylent Green reference.

Wouldn't Lowell have known that a stab to the arm would do nothing to a zombie?

I think Lowell was going for a more lethal stab wound, he was just really bad at it.

• Love 10

If Lowell really is dead, I'm gonna need him to head to Once Upon a Time. They're already making Merlin references. It could be some kind of OUaT/iZombie exchange program.

But, Lowell, don't be dead. I don't like Bradley James characters dying. Headshot seems to say dead, but maybe their zombies are different. There was a distinct lack of confirmation either way in the promo.

• Love 9

Wow.  What happened to shoot one to save many?  Unless the soldier's brains were fading I can't buy Liv being so stupid.  I wonder if more viewers are sympathetic to her position than I am.  She indirectly cost Lowell his life.  I was getting ready for a twist.  I thought Lowell might have wanted Blaine dead so he could take over the business and was going to have Liv do the dirty work.  I don't care too much about Major, but they better keep Ravi safe!  Was "Wallace" the murderer? I only saw a couple of eps of VM.  I think the writers need to be hitting the imitative factors of eating brains harder.  Liv was hardly soldier-like.

• Love 2
(edited)

Wow. What happened to shoot one to save many? Unless the soldier's brains were fading I can't buy Liv being so stupid. I wonder if more viewers are sympathetic to her position than I am. She indirectly cost Lowell his life.

and she watched it happen from the roof next door, and she reacted by having the vapors hugging her sniper rifle. I think Liv got thrown the idiot ball.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 4

I'm irritated that Liv didn't take the shot. I didn't expect the show to off Blaine this quickly, but I was expecting something like: Liv shoots, but misses (alternately, a head shot isn't enough to kill a zombie in this universe); Blaine twigs to what's going on; Blaine kills Lowell while Liv watches. Same outcome, but at least she would have taken the damn shot.

• Love 8

As soon as Lowell said he loved Liv I was like "they're going kill him, aren't they?" It was a very Whedonesque kiss of death. Make the character super endearing and then they immediately die doing something heroic.

• Love 12

They need a plan for more than stopping Blaine. If his entire client list suddenly lost its access to brains, how long til they all go full zombie like the woman they found and were not able to restore with brains that came too late? There are so many zombies now, they need something like a funeral parlor or cemetery business to keep an orderly supply, coupled with a pledge not to turn anyone else, and monitoring to make sure everyone sticks to it, until Ravi can find a cure. The police captain zombie ought to be putting his energy into hat, instead of into cover ups and collusion. Was he corrupt before his zombification, I wonder?

• Love 9

Bradley James as Merlin would be Awesome! I'm so sad that I came to this thread before watching this episode. Knowing that Lowell died by that asshat, I don't even want to watch. So sad.

Bradley James as Merlin would be Awesome! I'm so sad that I came to this thread before watching this episode. Knowing that Lowell died by that asshat, I don't even want to watch. So sad.

But it was so well acted by Bradley James that it's worth seeing.

I just saw that the writers' Twitter account posted this picture:

CE2QO40VAAAK0ua.jpg

While Major's hiding his gun in the drawer, there's a book by Anton Chekhov on top of the drawer. Brilliant.

Yes, and even more so because when Chekhov's gun goes off in the third act of a zombie plot, all bets are off.
  • Love 4
(edited)

Nooooooooo! What the hell, show?!? Why would you do that to me?

I almost posted halfway through the episode to spontaneously proclaim my brand new shipper status of Lowell and Liv. After being pretty pleased at the lowkey and clearly temporary nature of their relationship thus far, I unexpectedly went full UPS (will ship anything, anytime, anywhere) when he told Liv that he loved her. I was like, yeah, I can get totally behind this. AND THEN THEY FREAKING KILLED HIM! And you could totally see it coming, like a carwreck in slow motion, the moment he put his hand over his heart. *sob*

Oh, and is this show trying to kill me? First romantic Bradley James, then dirtied up Bradley James, then postcoitally nekkid Bradley James? THEN THEY FUCKING KILL HIM. Sheesh.

I know, right?!?! Edited by cynic
  • Love 7

I was not expecting that. I was sitting here thinking that I liked bad ass Liv & that she should blow away Blaine, when bam! Lowell gets shot. That sucks, are they setting it up for Liv & Major to get back together? And 

in the previews for next week, Liv doesn't act upset at all, so I'm not sure what's going on.

• Love 1

It doesn't make her a hero not to shoot Blaine. It makes her an idiot. So now more children will die because she wouldn't shoot him. So killing him would make her a killer, but letting him go makes her an even bigger killer as Blaine is going to keep on murdering and she could have stopped it.  The blood of all his future victims is on her hands. How about shooting him after he killed her zombie boyfriend? But no. Geesh, it just made her seem so stupid. It's like the guy who goes back in time to kill Hitler and then doesn't do it. Of course the MALE tries to kill the evil zombie, but the girl just freezes and then cries. It was cringe worthy.

It would have been so much better if Liv HAD shot Blaine in the head when she had the chance, but it turns out that doesn't kill him. He's like a super zombie. Shots in the head don't affect him. Now that is a story I could have gotten behind.

• Love 6

I figured that something bad was going to happen with the Blaine/Lowell meet up, and it was likely going to be Lowell, since David Anders is a regular.  Still, it sucks. Not just because I really liked Lowell and Bradley James, but in order for them to do this, it felt like they suddenly rushed Lowell's feelings for her.  It was actually a bit stunned when he declared his love for her, because it felt like only the last episode, he was talking about how great it is that they are just casual and they don't have to worry about feelings.  I guess it's possible he just was kidding himself and had them all the time, but it kind of threw me for a loop.

And, sorry Liv.  I get morals and everything, but you should have taken the shot.  Blaine isn't a common criminal: the dude has created an enterprise, that has caused the numerous deaths of a lot of innocents.  A lot of them teens.  And, if he keeps getting these rich donors (like the astronaut guy), he'll probably keep on expanding his empire.  You not only got your boyfriend killed (unless it all ends up being a fake-out), but who knows who else will be harmed.  Hate to say, but I think you screwed up, Liv.

This was not the episode for Major to say the least.  He does undercover in a gym, because he think the brains are being used to make physical enhancement of some kinds.  Not only does the gym guys now think of him as the creepy brain guy, Blaine's henchmen overheard him, and almost killed him.  At least Major shot him, but do to the whole zombie thing, guy escaped, there isn't any blood or anything, so now Clive thinks Major lost his mind.  At this rate, he's probably going to get committed to a psych ward.

Case of the week was by the numbers.  Kept getting distracted by the eventual killer, because he sounded like a young Terrence Howard.  Sniper Liv was interesting, but a bit more serious this time around.  

next week's Drunk Liv though, should be a blast.

At least Ravi isn't a zombie!  Good to know that the virus doesn't transfer between species.  And, it sounds like Liv and Ravi are beginning to wonder about the cover-up form last week, so I wonder if they'll be figuring out the relationship between Blaine and the Lieutenant soon.

• Love 3
(edited)

NOOOOO! LOWELL!!!!!!  I'm still crushed.  

Everyone has pretty much said what I've been thinking.  So I'll just add this,  I was so irritated with Liv when she went off on Lowell and didn't even listen to him.  I get that she was horrified by her vision and by the fact that Lowell was Blaine's customer; but by the time she'd confronted him it had been hours and she hadn't even considered that he might have a perspective.   And it's not like she was offering to share her free, convenient supply of fresh brains.  I was so glad when Ravi finally told her to Check Her Zombie Privilege.  

And word to whom ever mentioned that they need a plan  for dealing with all of Blaine's "clients" if they're going to kill him.  Because ravenous, deteriorating Zombies is not a great result.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 3

Liv has killed a dangerous zombie before, and went through no angst about whether or not that had meant that she was now a hitman instead of a doctor. So, what the fuck happened? She accidentally found and ate some Ghandi brain right in the middle of an action scene? Stupid, stupid writing.

And Major? Way to be ready for action there. "Please chase me very, very slowly, Mr. Giant Thug, sir. I need five or ten minutes to very slowly fumble a few bullets into my gun."

• Love 7
(edited)

Liv has killed a dangerous zombie before, and went through no angst about whether or not that had meant that she was now a hitman instead of a doctor. So, what the fuck happened? She accidentally found and ate some Ghandi brain right in the middle of an action scene? Stupid, stupid writing. "

I mean, she LITERALLY traded Lowell's life for Blaine's. How does that conscience feel now, Liv? Sure, she didn't know the exact outcome, but someone is absolutely going to die (Lowell) or have their life ruined (Major...) because of her inability to act. I get what they're trying to say about morals and it might be more compelling if they were more consistent in the writing. I guess I would just prefer this show if it were Liv and Ravi webisodes. They are why I still watch, even though all the other stuff bugs me enough to post things on the Internet. Edited by Delwyn
  • Love 2

I laughed SO HARD at the Chekov reference. That was the absolutely perfect touch when hiding a gun for later use.

I can't fault Liv for not taking the shot. She didn't know Lowell had seen what she'd seen, and that he was going to do what he did. I don't believe she was intending to let Blaine just get away with it, but that she and Lowell (and hopefully Ravi) would make up another plan, a better plan, after Blaine left. Lowell jumping in like that was in no way part of her scenario, so I absolutely can't say that she LITERALLY traded Lowell's life for Blaine's. Liv was right. Even if she had killed Blaine, she wouldn't have made anything any better. He has underlings hungry (sorry!) to take his place, and Liv doesn't know enough about the extent of his operation to effectively dismantle it. Is Blaine even the top of the chain? We've never seen him report to anyone, but unless he figured out how to create a zombie outbreak all on his own, someone must have turned him, and someone must have a grander plan than he does. (Max Rager? How do they fit into this?) Killing Blaine would have only created temporary chaos, and the resulting disruptions to the "food chain" would have likely lead to even more violence and death.

But it really SUCKS that Lowell is gone. Bradley James will be sorely missed from this show.

Upside? Ravi is probably NOT turning into a zombie rat!

• Love 5

Liv has killed a dangerous zombie before, and went through no angst about whether or not that had meant that she was now a hitman instead of a doctor

Well, she was channeling a sociopath at the time.  So there wouldn't be angst.  It's actually a kind of interesting/subtle commentary on snipers who are often portrayed as utterly uncaring.

Still ultimately she didn't shoot because the showdown with Blaine is necessary for the season finale.

• Love 2

Wouldn't Lowell have known that a stab to the arm would do nothing to a zombie? Farewell, you pretty, pretty boy.

As kariyaki said, I thought he was aiming for the brain (or the top of the spine, and Blaine moved unexpectedly.

I just saw that the writers' Twitter account posted this picture:

CE2QO40VAAAK0ua.jpg

While Major's hiding his gun in the drawer, there's a book by Anton Chekhov on top of the drawer. Brilliant.

That is so cool.

The police captain zombie ought to be putting his energy into hat, instead of into cover ups and collusion. Was he corrupt before his zombification, I wonder?

If I was the police captain, I would have had Blaine arrested and thrown into solitary confinement.  Let him go a day without brains (so he's starving, but not yet into perma-zombie mode and have a chat about the power structure...

• Love 1
(edited)

Honestly, that's what makes it so unsatisfying. Blaine was in a situation he should not have survived - Liv was on sniper brains, and had the drop on someone she knew, with utter vision-guaranteed certainty to be a mass murderer. A mass murderer who will kill again. One is fewer than many - that is a very simple calculus, and one she should have been feeling in that moment.

Liv suddenly becoming a pacifist felt like it had been forced by the writers desire to not end Blaine there and then. Thus very annoying. .

Heck,  I would have preferred it if the sniper had pulled the firing-pin on his rifle because he was worried about his little brother being a bit too fascinated with it. They set that up, and it wouldn't have made Liv look anywhere near as daft. 

Edited by Izeinwinter
  • Love 10

Lowell noooooooooo. I'm crushed! One of the first TV deaths in a while that really HURTS.

Chekov's gun was brilliant. And the gun actually went off in the third act.

I was glad Ravi pointed out to Liv that she wasn't really in a position to judge Lowell. Not that it mattere anyway because SOB MY POOR SWEET SHIRTLESS LOWELL.

Blaine may be getting in over his head. The rich people aren't thrilled with eating junkies and runaways anymore. Now they want astronauts. Blaine could start a whole Dollhouse-like business. Though the murders might be really noticeable.

The Livwell smushname was too...short-lived. We didn't even start to use it enough!

• Love 5

Also, I kept saying to Liv "That isn't a person.  He wasn't a person when he was alive -- he was a slimy drug-dealing creep.  Now he's not even that!"

I'm wondering: Blaine doesn't change his personality at all.  Is he a different kind of zombie, or what?

• Love 5
(edited)

Also, I kept saying to Liv "That isn't a person.  He wasn't a person when he was alive -- he was a slimy drug-dealing creep.  Now he's not even that!"

I'm wondering: Blaine doesn't change his personality at all.  Is he a different kind of zombie, or what?

Really, put that ass in solitary and feed him only with laid back people who lived modest fulfilling lives filled with a love of classical music (or even just Muzac), warm fuzzies for puppies and kittens, a quest for the perfect quiche, etc.  He'd probably be the most mild sociopath the world has ever seen.

Never mind, just kill him already.

But Liv and company needs to know as much as they can about his business and his associates.  So who gets to go undercover?

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 4

That episode blew me away. Figuratively speaking, unlike poor Lowell. I completely loved it.

I was glad she didn't take the shot. Killing somebody, even a drug-dealing zombie when you're on a sniper's brains, is hard. It should be hard. That's what makes us human and Blaine not.

But in the end I thought Lowell was great and Bradley James killed it and I'm so disappointed he's gone.

• Love 3
(edited)

It doesn't make her a hero not to shoot Blaine. It makes her an idiot. So now more children will die because she wouldn't shoot him. So killing him would make her a killer, but letting him go makes her an even bigger killer as Blaine is going to keep on murdering and she could have stopped it.  The blood of all his future victims is on her hands. How about shooting him after he killed her zombie boyfriend? But no. Geesh, it just made her seem so stupid. It's like the guy who goes back in time to kill Hitler and then doesn't do it. Of course the MALE tries to kill the evil zombie, but the girl just freezes and then cries. It was cringe worthy.

It would have been so much better if Liv HAD shot Blaine in the head when she had the chance, but it turns out that doesn't kill him. He's like a super zombie. Shots in the head don't affect him. Now that is a story I could have gotten behind.

I laughed SO HARD at the Chekov reference. That was the absolutely perfect touch when hiding a gun for later use.

I can't fault Liv for not taking the shot. She didn't know Lowell had seen what she'd seen, and that he was going to do what he did. I don't believe she was intending to let Blaine just get away with it, but that she and Lowell (and hopefully Ravi) would make up another plan, a better plan, after Blaine left. Lowell jumping in like that was in no way part of her scenario, so I absolutely can't say that she LITERALLY traded Lowell's life for Blaine's. Liv was right. Even if she had killed Blaine, she wouldn't have made anything any better. He has underlings hungry (sorry!) to take his place, and Liv doesn't know enough about the extent of his operation to effectively dismantle it. Is Blaine even the top of the chain? We've never seen him report to anyone, but unless he figured out how to create a zombie outbreak all on his own, someone must have turned him, and someone must have a grander plan than he does. (Max Rager? How do they fit into this?) Killing Blaine would have only created temporary chaos, and the resulting disruptions to the "food chain" would have likely lead to even more violence and death.

But it really SUCKS that Lowell is gone. Bradley James will be sorely missed from this show.

Upside? Ravi is probably NOT turning into a zombie rat!

Seriously Liv has been holding the Idiot Ball since she met Blaine. She never asked who turned Lowell, she never bothered to see what the drug dealing zombie who turned her was up to since she discovered him associated with presumed drug dealers and she didn't put any effort in helping Major find those dead runaways.

Liv is an idiot. There is a third option between killing someone and letting them wander free without consequence for mass murder it's called neutralisation. Aang a 12 year old pacifist protagonist in The Last Airbender did it with energy bending, the humans in Xmen 3 did it with the Cure Weapons and Book (a shepherd aka priest) did it to Niska's security personnel in Firefly . Liv it's called kneecapping... Shoot him in the knees, he's immobilised you can interrogate him about all the zombies he's created and how many people he killed for his menu and you can spend the rest of the season trying to dismantle the network of zombies he created.

You don't have to kill people to take out a villain, typically that's a fast direct method but incapacitating them will do if you have moral qualms about murder or if their absence would be problematic.

Really really stupid. UGH. If that wasn't bad enough she saw her lover shot in the head and hid behind a wall afterwards. No attempt to even injure Blaine. Moral pacifism in these circumstances often comes across as extreme selfishness... It comes across more like I don't want to get my hands dirty with murder than a deep moral stance.  It's like Liv is saying "I would really like to stop all those teenagers getting killed but I don't want to pull the trigger because it'll make me feel icky inside..."

Edited by wayne67
  • Love 6

Awwwww, Lowell! I am going to spend the next week in denial. If the Candyman can survive three bullets to the chest then I am going to keep telling myself that Lowell could survive one to the head (this is my first zombie show so I am unclear on how to kill a zombie and I am content with believing that Lowell is still alive until I am smacked in the face by th show explicitly telling me that he is dead).

ITA that Liv should have stuck with the sniper's mantra. Killing Blaine is the lesser of two evils because what is the other option? Let him live and keep killing innocent people to feed the zombie clients he created? There was a similar dilemma about the metahumans on The Flash because they (and Blaine) can't be dealt with by the justice system. The solution for the greater good is to keep them from hurting other people. On The Flash, they locked them up. Liv's choices were: kill Blaine, lock Blaine up and hope he doesn't escape, or let him go about his business aka killing homeless teenagers for profit. And hey, does it really count as killing someone when he's already undead? Okay, fine, it does, but still.

I know that killing Blaine wouldn't solve everything because they would still have to figure out what to do with all of the other zombies who will get all grrrrrrr without their brain deliveries. Should Liv kill them all? Share her morgue brains with them? Get them all hired at funeral homes and hospitals? Step one after killing Blaine should be getting his client list. How is it that none of these other zombies are making other zombies?

While I understand Liv being upset that Lowell was Blaine's client, she really jumped to some big conclusions without considering Lowell's dilemma or how easy she had it because of her job. I was so glad that Ravi point blank asked her how she would get her brains if she didn't work at the morgue with him. It's easy for her to think that she wouldn't resort to buying Blaine's meal plan, but not everyone has the background to get a job like that. It worked out great for her since she went to med school, but how many of Blaine's clients are in that position?

Side note: I am glad that the show was very specific about Lowell saying that not all of the brains he ate were from young people, only a few of his visions included violence, and he never saw Blaine kill anyone in his visions.

Damn it, Wallace, you are supposed to be a good guy!

• Love 1

ITA that Liv should have stuck with the sniper's mantra. Killing Blaine is the lesser of two evils because what is the other option? Let him live and keep killing innocent people to feed the zombie clients he created? There was a similar dilemma about the metahumans on The Flash because they (and Blaine) can't be dealt with by the justice system. The solution for the greater good is to keep them from hurting other people. On The Flash, they locked them up. Liv's choices were: kill Blaine, lock Blaine up and hope he doesn't escape, or let him go about his business aka killing homeless teenagers for profit. And hey, does it really count as killing someone when he's already undead? Okay, fine, it does, but still.

I'm still annoyed with Flash not sedating the prisoners so they wouldn't have to endure the tedium of empty cells with no sanitary facilities. Damn lazy set designers/producers.

It really would have been better if Liv went to some effort to create a plan other than get Blaine to her bf's place and shoot him in the head. That wouldn't have solved anything because she should know that Blaine isn't alone... *sigh* such a frustrating plot.

• Love 1

I'm wondering: Blaine doesn't change his personality at all.  Is he a different kind of zombie, or what?

I think Lowell explained this when Liv asked about what memories he got from the Blaine-brains. Liv investigates the crimes of her meals- so she's looking to trigger memories. 

And we know that a person doesn't change fundamentally- no matter what brains they eat. Blaine was a bottom dweller before and he is now. Liv was a person committed to saving lives so she couldn't take the shot. 

(edited)

Shots to the brain is the only way to kill a zombie. Lowell's dead. I liked him and had hope he'd stick around but I figured he was a goner when he joined in on Liv's plan. That and the actor has a lead role in another show. 

I think my issue with this show is, Blaine became way too evil way too quickly. At that rate he should be dead at the end of this season. Liv is supposed to be the hero, I get her having qualms over killing someone (she should've eaten more of the sniper's brain before leaving for that mission), but she should not have thought of him as a person. He's a zombie. Now if she had thought that killing him would leave who knows how many zombies he made hungry for brains. That I could understand.

No one is a bigger idiot than Major and he still gets to live. 

This was my favorite 

Ravi: "After the boat party when you woke up in a body bag, how did you know you were a zombie?"
Liv: "The craving brains didn't really speak to werewolf."

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5
in these circumstances often comes across as extreme selfishness... It comes across more like I don't want to get my hands dirty with murder than a deep moral stance.  It's like Liv is saying "I would really like to stop all those teenagers getting killed but I don't want to pull the trigger because it'll make me feel icky inside..."

Exactly.  But you also wondered why Liv didn't shoot Blaine afterward.  She dismantled the gun before Blaine shot Lowell. She had no effective weapon by that time.  But, yeah, stupid and selfish.  I expect more from my heroines.

• Love 2

Bradley James killed it

And vice-versa!  Too soon?

I think Lowell explained this when Liv asked about what memories he got from the Blaine-brains. Liv investigates the crimes of her meals- so she's looking to trigger memories. 

And we know that a person doesn't change fundamentally- no matter what brains they eat. Blaine was a bottom dweller before and he is now. Liv was a person committed to saving lives so she couldn't take the shot. 

They've been a bit inconsistent with this. Lowell changed when he ate gay-brains, but hasn't too much otherwise.I'll have to think on it some more and see if there's any pattern with the two guys. 

• Love 3