Type keyword(s) to search

Supergirl Scheduling and Ratings: Circulation Audits

• Start Topic

It doesn't matter for renewal, but the show has fallen off significantly in the back half; although it's still one of the top shows for CW. This site has a chart: https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/supergirl-season-five-ratings/

----

Ratings for 5.18:

Batwoman ... and Supergirl (600K/0.1) were steady in the demo with their penultimate episodes, though the latter dipped to a new audience low.

https://tvline.com/2020/05/11/tv-ratings-rookie-season-2-finale-renewed-or-cancelled/

Makes sense to delay Supergirl.  The main star is pregnant, don't exactly want to rush her back and say "You've gotta shoot this now."  Push shooting back so she can give birth, and take a month or so to recover.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Jediknight said:

Makes sense to delay Supergirl.  The main star is pregnant, don't exactly want to rush her back and say "You've gotta shoot this now."  Push shooting back so she can give birth, and take a month or so to recover.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figure the reason is, and it's smart. Since they have to hold off on shows that wouldn't typically air for spring but now they have to, Supergirl was always going to be the frontrunner to help out their lead. And I'm glad they are. Melissa doesn't need to rush back to work, and they can still film scenes until she gets back, but they also don't need to rush on production/post production to get it out for January. And, they also don't need to find a way to have Kara missing from episodes OR having her in limited fight scenes for a few episodes. 

So... does this screw over the annual crossover? I imagine not only will it be harder to shoot because of health precautions, but scheduling might be more complicated too.

• Love 1
(edited)

According to TVLine the crossover this year is only two hours and involves Batwoman and Superman and Lois. But it will likely feature characters from other shows. We'll see if they are actually able to shoot it. 

Mark Pedowitz claims that the shows will get the same episode orders and just air into summer with a small break between seasons. I am not confident this will actually happen for all of the 20 or more episode shows, especially in the case of Supergirl since it will start production later. If Covid-19 restrictions result in episodes taking longer to film they will probably have to cut down episode orders. 

Edited by Oreo2234
On 5/14/2020 at 3:36 PM, Oreo2234 said:

According to TVLine the crossover this year is only two hours and involves Batwoman and Superman and Lois.

This makes me very cranky. I want the Supergirl-Batwoman crossover, not the Superman-Batwoman crossover!  (Honestly, what I really want is a scene in the Batcave where Mary and Luke are yelling at Mary about bringing in a reporter, and then Mary's face when Kara whips off her glasses and the costume happens....)

• Love 2

Have any of the spoiler accounts (like YVRShoots) reported seeing Melissa in Vancouver yet?

With Supergirl not having an announced premiere date before June, and Legends moving into her Sunday spot alongside Batwoman, I wonder if they'll pair Supergirl with Stargirl in the summer.

40 minutes ago, Oreo2234 said:

TVLine has the spring schedule for the CW and Supergirl isn't on it. The latest date on it is June 14th. 

34 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

With Supergirl not having an announced premiere date before June, and Legends moving into her Sunday spot alongside Batwoman, I wonder if they'll pair Supergirl with Stargirl in the summer.

I don't want to have to wait until fall for the final season, but I also don't really want to see it fizzle out in a late summer slot either. I'm guessing a lot of the shooting schedule has been around Mel, but it's kind of a bummer that there's so little news/promo around the final season. 

• Love 2