Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E29: Top 2 Perform

• Start Topic

There was a Bing prediction that Clark would be eliminated I remember someone posting about. I guess that was wrong by the cold beginning of this show tonight. Wow. Who thinks of the layout of the show? I cannot think of a more kick to the curb way to get rid of her after all the fawning they did all season.

• Love 6
(edited)

Honestly shocked that Jax didn't make the finale.  That being said, I am rooting for Clark, but am ok with Nick winning.

I also read Bing's prediction of Clark's elimination, with Jax & Nick going on to the finale.  So happy they were wrong.

Don't really like the song Big Machine wrote for Clark. He obviously prefers Nick - couldn't be more obvious. Nick's song is too young for him.  Has a One Direction feel to it.

Edited by DonnaJo
  • Love 4

Bing actually predicted all 3 of them in danger at different points. It was that close.

Most boring, vanilla finale EVER. I'm really disappointed Jax didn't make it. Love her or hate her, at least she was interesting and would have added some spice to the finale. These 2 were just dull. Out of the 2, I'd say Clark won every single round over Nick, but I don't think he should win. His style is too outdated and unless modernized a bit, wouldn't sell at all today. He also seems to have a complicated relationship with Scott, I wouldn't be surprised if he got the Craig Wayne Boyd treatment and was dropped after a single release or maybe he'd get the Caleb/Candice treatment and they'd at least let him release an album before dropping him. But I don't see Clark staying with the label if he wins. The contract would be such a waste on him. It's obvious he isn't willing to take any direction or compromise with Scott, why does he want to win so badly if he can't work with the guy who will be his boss? Does he really think he's just going to walk in there and be able to do what he wants? As bland and generic as Nick is, he might do a little better than Clark and maybe have a chance of staying with the label for at least an album or 2. A lot of people wrote P2 off but thanks to Home, his career launched and perhaps the same could happen with Nick (though not with that coronation song, yuck)

As for the coronation songs, both suck. Easily the worst coronation songs of any season, including all those cheesy golden rainbows this is my now and the time of my life I believe I love you this big and you're inside my heaven 'cause I am beautiful and would change nothing 'cause there are no boundaries. Those 2 songs just had like no melody at all, or at least can't be sung live very well. Out of the 2 I'd say Clark's sounds better live and Nick's sounds better in the studio. I also heard Jax's coronation song and hers wasn't much better. Terrible songs all across the board this year. You could tell the judges tried so hard to say something nice about those last performances without being like "What the hell was that crap? Who wrote that shit? Good luck with those craptastic songs!"

Season 14 started out so promising and, even though it's said every year, I think this time it's really true: This is the worst season of Idol ever. Out of the thousands who auditioned these are the 2 best left? Zzzzzzzzz

While I think Clark easily won all 3 of his rounds, I'm going to throw my 20 votes to Nick since he's from my state and God knows he won't win anyway thanks to the southern vote. So might as well try to give him a chance. If anyone around here is a betting man/woman, you'd do well to place a bet on Clark winning. I mean… attractive southern white devout Christian male with guitar and sings outdated music? Totally up the voting demographic's alley. Congrats Clark, WGWG #50,000.

Side note: Can a girl ever win this show again without TPTB having to stack the deck so hard like S12? With 2 popular, young females in Jena Irene and Jax failing to win in the last 2 seasons, I guess that would be a resounding NO. Ugh. Hell, can even Nick, a guy from the northeast, win for once? Just anyone ANYONE but the same WGWG from the south! Enough already!

• Love 3

I almost didn't watch the rest of the show as the two finalists don't interest me all that much.  Having said that, I definitely preferred Nick.  Clark's voice has actually sounded worn out to me for the past couple of weeks.

• Love 2

So they made quick work of Jax. I'm glad. She's a sweet girl, she definitely has talent, but I was getting a little tired of the charade.

Now we're left with Clark and Daddy, I mean Nick, I mean Daddy, I mean Nick. This is probably the best-looking and evenly matched finale in AI history. I think Clark was thisclose to being send home after last week, but was saved by being the better vocalist and his "Earned It" performance that I thought was overpraised even though he did the best he could with it. "Earned It" is a good record, not a great song, and definitely not a song for which you need to compete with.

Anyway, I think Clark and Nick have what the other one needs. Clark is objectively the better singer. He has an old black man blues singer in the back of his throat that he lets do his singing sometimes, and it's pretty impressive when he's in the pocket. Clark's got a lot of charisma when he's singing, but he's a pretty big goose egg in the personality department. He has sort of a classic look and feel to him which is refreshing if he was dating your daughter, but as a pop star...dude, we have Michael Buble. We don't need another.

His performances of "Georgia" and "Ain't No Sunshine" were some of his best, some of the best of the season, and almost totally uninspiring because we've always seen it. If you were watching for the first time tonight, you'd be into Clark. But if you've watched the entire season...eh. On one hand, I think Clark should win for being the better singer; on the other I hope he loses because I think he has the talent to make a really good album. I would love if Clark made a record of covers with a fixed band. He could include his cover of "Boyfriend" on it and I'd probably buy it. If he has to make a record where they try to turn him into somebody currently popular, it's going to sound bad. Oh, and they were trying to bus Clark a little with their comments. Harry was overtalking (as per usual) and it's like, dude, just say "good job" and shut up! Simon would do the same thing. He'd wait until they got to the finale and then tell Diana DeGarmo that he just didn't believe her singing "I Believe" because how many dreams has she had, and how many mountains has she had to climb? It's like, stop fucking with them and just keep it simple!

Nick's been pretty consistent, and that's a good and bad thing. Nick's more of a right song/right time type of guy. I think Nick might be similar to Lee DeWyze in that he's only really good when he has a band jamming behind him. I think to last, he's going to need to become a more technically proficient singer. The sound of his voice is nice, and I think he can infuse songs with a certain everyman conviction when the song works (i.e. "What Hurts the Most", "I'll Be") but he's still a little unpolished as a vocalist.

ALL THAT BEING SAID...I'm going to have swipe left on both of those bootleg Olympic Opening Ceremony-ass songs. Is this American Idol or the orientation concert at a Christian sleep-away camp? It's clear they want Nick to win. His sounded familiarly shitty, complete with #YOLO lyrics and fucking chanting. Harry's wordy candor was great because he said Nick "got lucky" in getting that song. That's a song they actually think will get play on the radio, that's why! Clark's song sounded like a reject from a Michael W. Smith album. He didn't even look particularly comfortable singing it and it didn't fit his voice at all. 

• Love 2
It's obvious he isn't willing to take any direction or compromise with Scott, why does he want to win so badly if he can't work with the guy who will be his boss? Does he really think he's just going to walk in there and be able to do what he wants?

Fair point, but I've heard people say for years that record industry people don't know what they're doing and it seems like AI is a good example of that. I think record industry people feel like this is 1999 and there's a popular chick named Britney Spears burning up the charts with her song with the video in a schoolgirl's outfit, so all they need to do is sign another young teenage girl who makes similar music and they will make tons of money. A lot of the time artists just get big by filing a niche and just making music they're good at as opposed to riding a trend. Clark's stubborn (he's a Taurus, just saying) but I'll bet he has a better sense of what kind of music he should make than Scott. Scott has Taylor Swift who's the It Girl now, but there have been others before her and will be after her. The thing about AI is that these kids get to, one degree or another, blaze their own path and their record deal is supposed to be a coronation of that. Clark has dated, very mannered sensibilities, and while that might not intrigue someone if they were just listening to his demo, making it to even the Top 3 of AI should at least give them some confidence that if they marketed him correctly his brand of blue-eyed soul could sell. Give the fans what they want to hear and they will buy it. Give them what the radio programmers want to hear and you'll get this "Champion" bullshit.

• Love 3
(edited)

I just remember someone posting about Bing saying Clark would be eliminated and how Bing had been right the last 6 weeks, anyhooo.
They will all go on to do whatever it is they are meant to do. I highly doubt this show is the defining moment anymore. Someone out there will mold Jax into the next instant success. Music is not like it used to be thats for sure. Clark will be fine whether he wins or loses. I do not think he wants the fake fame game. I think he wants to just be true to himself and spend his life making music. Nick is getting a better shot at the whole music scene then he ever had before so really they all win.

BORING!! What a

Edited by MrsMoltisanti
  • Love 7
(edited)

Nick's coronation song blew less chunks than Clark's,  It' a shame they were both written for a frickin soccer match, or they may have been more interesting. Clark is soooo old and un sexy.  Georgia.  Sittin On The Dock of the Bay. Why doesn't he try something from the Gay Nineties or the Roaring Twenties? Boooooring.  Nick looked weird at the piano making his faces and facial tics he does when he sings, but I want him to win.  He seems nice and I loved his home package.  

This is odd but my favorite part of the show is when Harry pulls out J Lo's chair each week.  Sometimes he gives her a hand down the stairs.  I don't know, I love that stuff.  Good old Nawlins boy.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2

I just remember someone posting about Bing saying Clark would be eliminated and how Bing had been right the last 6 weeks, anyhooo.

When I posted that I had only seen it saying Clark was in danger. It turns out at different points in the voting period all 3 of them were shown to be "in danger" because the voting was so close. They even said Jax lost by 0.4% to one of the guys (probably Nick). They were right about all the other weeks though.

As disappointed as I am that Jax didn't make the finale (and what the hell was with that ugly sendoff? I'll get to that in a second), I'm 99% sure Scott will sign her. Unfortunately for the winner, that probably means they will get tossed aside, which isn't really fair, but I could see Scott laying all his eggs in the Jax basket since she is definitely more marketable than the other 2. And I don't doubt that she has a better chance at success than whoever will win. I'd love to see Jax be more successful than Nick or Clark.

So speaking of that ugly sendoff… they couldn't even be bothered to spare her a minute or 2 to sing one last time? WTH? They show her video package and then just send her off into the arms of her parents? Cold! She seemed genuinely upset not to have made it. Scott was probably telling her BTS all this week that she was a lock for the finals. And then they just made it worse by practically shoving her off the stage, without letting her sing or even say anything. If they didn't have extra time for her to sing, couldn't they at least have let her say something like "I'm so happy to have made it this far," "I'm so thankful to my fans," "I'm so thankful to the judges," like WTF. No matter whether you like her or hate her, I think anyone can agree that was a cold sendoff. For someone that made it to 3rd place. I mean. Come on. They might as well have stuck her in the green chair and electrocuted her.

Give the fans what they want to hear and they will buy it.

I think this is only true to a certain extent. It's a well known fact that a lot of viewers of shows like Idol and The Voice stop supporting contestants once the show ends. Many people are just casual fans who want to vote every week, maybe purchase a few of their iTunes songs, but most of them don't buy albums. A good example of that is The Voice season 4 winner Danielle Bradbery (who is signed with Big Machine also). She had the most iTunes sales of any contestant to be on the show, yet her album sold less than 200,000 copies and her debut single less than 400,000. When people are just listening to contestants singing covers, they're more likely to buy the songs because they are songs they know. It's different when they release their own material and most people just aren't interested. Only the super hardcore fans of that contestant will seek out the whole album and buy it. Caleb and Candice's record sales prove that and prove that number is very small. So, yeah, maybe if Clark put out an album of bluesy Sam Smithy music (if he won) or Crowdfunded something (if he doesn't win), his hardcore fans will go out and buy it. But I'll bet most of the people voting for him this season won't be buying his album. Most people just stop caring once the show is over. Or some people may have only voted because he was "the best of the bunch" or they tried to counteract votes for Jax or other contestants they didn't like. That is just the way it always ends up. Caleb's first week sales were 11,000, Clark may be lucky to sell that much. And I don't think Nick would do much better. It will happen, no matter who wins, that the casual fans won't buy the album. It would have happened, no matter who won, even Jax. 

• Love 4

For some reason, I see Clark and Nick being extremely happy no matter what.  Nick got the chance of a lifetime at his age, and Clark has that zen - no fame hounding there, he just wants to make music and push himself.  He may find a huge following in the Christian music scene.  Remember, it's not all about glory and money for everyone.  They may have different ideas of success.  

When I see these young girls in the music industry and how messed up they get, I actually worry for Jax and how eager she seems to be molded into instant fame.  The pressure is so intense in that world.  It's not all Taylor Swift rocket ride to the top for everyone.  

• Love 6

They even said Jax lost by 0.4% to one of the guys (probably Nick).

That's not what they said. They said the difference between two contestants was 0.4%, but they didn't say which two contestants. It could have been Clark and Nick neck-and-neck with Jax trailing by a larger margin. 

• Love 5

I have a feeling Jax lost by a larger margin (although we will never know) because I think a lot of Rayvon voters went over to the two boys left.  My gut feeling tells me Jax eliminated their boy so they would eliminate her.  Just a theory though, lol.  Certainly not as accurate as some predictions, but there it is, none the less.

• Love 2

For some reason, I see Clark and Nick being extremely happy no matter what.  Nick got the chance of a lifetime at his age, and Clark has that zen - no fame hounding there, he just wants to make music and push himself.  He may find a huge following in the Christian music scene.  Remember, it's not all about glory and money for everyone.  They may have different ideas of success.  

When I see these young girls in the music industry and how messed up they get, I actually worry for Jax and how eager she seems to be molded into instant fame.  The pressure is so intense in that world.  It's not all Taylor Swift rocket ride to the top for everyone.  

People who want to become stars are likely to be disappointed with their Idol journey.  People who want to make a good living playing music without having to supplement their incomes by waiting tables are likely to be very satisfied with their Idol journey.  I suspect Nick and Clark fall into the latter camp.  I wish them both well.  As for Jax--well, I'm probably prejudiced against her, because I loathe that shade of blonde hair and that silly X on her face, but I think she's more of the "I wanna be the biggest star evah!" type and I doubt she'll even come close, especially if she bought into the judges' proclamations that she's a rocker.  She's not.  My favorite song that she did all season was that Adam Sandler song.  I don't mind her quite as much when she's being whimsical.

• Love 7

Well, if it's of any interest to anyone, Clark proclaimed at his homecoming that he prays God will rain down a million dollars to him so he can donate it all to charity. Do with that statement what you will.

• Love 1

That's a very nice thing Clark said!  I actually didn't see the home coming show so it is uplifting to hear that about a young kid not wanting to go and buy a lot of bling to show off and wanting to do something to help the world.   It must have been very telling to see how everyone was in their own element.  Good for him, he has the right attitude of gratitude and not want want want like a lot of the young today.  

I really enjoyed the show tonight from start to finish.  But J'Lo's dress was a bit peeky boo and I am surprised Ryan didn't say anything about it.  

• Love 2
(edited)

That's a very nice thing Clark said!  I actually didn't see the home coming show so it is uplifting to hear that about a young kid not wanting to go and buy a lot of bling to show off and wanting to do something to help the world.   It must have been very telling to see how everyone was in their own element.  Good for him, he has the right attitude of gratitude and not want want want like a lot of the young today.  

I really enjoyed the show tonight from start to finish.  But J'Lo's dress was a bit peeky boo and I am surprised Ryan didn't say anything about it.  

I don't doubt that he'd want to donate money to charity and all, but that also implies he does want to make lots of money, even if he planned to donate some or all of it. I'm just pointing out that some people were saying he doesn't seem like the type that would care about the money, when clearly he sort of does, even if he claims he would donate it to charity. And I seriously doubt that even if he somehow made that much money he'd really donate it all. At the very least he would probably buy a nice house or car before donating the rest. Nobody is that charitable. Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with people who make a good living that prefer to spend it on things they want for themselves. They earned the money, they can do with it what they please. It doesn't necessarily make him any better than anyone else just because he claims that's what he would do with the money. A nice thing, sure. But I seriously doubt he'll ever make that much money from the music biz, or if he does, it's one thing for him to say what he'll do versus what he actually ends up doing with it. He tends to say ridiculous and over the top stuff like this a lot so I sort of take anything he says with a grain of salt. Kind of like the little kid that goes "Mommy, I'm going to grow up and be the president one day!" "That's nice, Johnny." Since I'm not much a Clark fan, I guess I'm more cynical about his statements. 

Edited by BogoGog24
  • Love 2

ITA on the way they sent Jax off.  OK, we'll do the results, you lose, go away... and then we lift the Rising Star wall so the other two get to see the big crowd.  There were three people this season who prepped songs they didn't get to sing: Jax tonight, and Maddie Walker and Adanna Duru, who were double-eliminated at 10 and 11 the week after the save and didn't get to sing their songs, either.  They could have worked a final song for Jax into the hour had they wanted.

• Love 1
(edited)

OMG...what possessed Qaasim during Nick's final song!?!    He was just as frenetic in the audience as he was while performing.  Maybe more.

Not a Jax fan, but wow,  considering she was in the final three she deserved more than that crappy send-off.

Edited by ichbin
  • Love 4

I have nothing to add about tonight's show. I'm just glad Jackie is gone. Her silver lamé superhero costume would have made Wonder Woman snicker.

Tonight's performances were so even that they might as well make Clark and Nick co-winners. Even their arthritic "coronation songs" were pathetic. And both these songs are supposed to be the rallying anthems for the Women's World Cup? Yuk! Bring back P2's overplayed song instead.

Finally, did someone pick up road kill off the freeway and plop it on JLo's head? What a mess! Just like this season.

• Love 1

I was very happy with tonight's show even though I can't take any the top 3. Jax was resolutely kicked off the stage after all those tongue-baths, boohoo, LOL. And Idol gets to show once again why exactly it's getting cancelled--choose your flavor, vanilla white guy A or vanilla white guy B. Neither will be a star, both sounds are dated and irrelevant.

I'd guess Clark's won. South beats the North again (on this show, the Confederacy never lost the war).

Btw, JLO has no idea what they wanted when they started this show, because Nick was definitely NOT what they had in mind.

• Love 3
(edited)

Jax looked like she aged 15 years.  She was so frumpy and dumpy in that silver mess of an outfit.  It would not surprise me in the least if she claims illness.

The best thing of all is that Bore-chetta does not get to produce Jax on a 19E subsidy.  He might could get stuck with Clark.  Boy, would I enjoy that.

Nick got David Cook's "The Time Of My Life" Vol. II.   This is one of the least cheesy and toady coronation songs I've heard.  It's still ridiculous.  It finally hit me whose voice of which I am most reminded when he sings:  Neil Diamond.

Good on Clark for going out on his shield.   Win or lose, he is one of the very few who told 19E to pound sand and made it this far.  I wish him all the best.  I will never buy any recording nor pay to see him perform, though.

No coincidence that a female who was demonstrably better and more interesting than her male competitors got the boot tonight on Dancing with the Stars.  Males have a significant advantage on any and all talent reality shows. 'Twas always thus.  Biblical, even.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 3

Both coronation songs sounded waaay too similar, they could easily have been swapped between the two guys. That was a terrible reflection of what kind of music that Clark would sing, it did not suit his voice at all. That song also reminded me a lot of "You're the Voice" which is dated and not good. Nick got the more current sounding song, it did sound like a reject off a fun. album, but you could see that his experience really helped him embrace such a new song so quickly.

So weird that they're starting auditions tomorrow! It's going to be a very bittersweet finale....

• Love 1

Both coronation songs sounded waaay too similar, they could easily have been swapped between the two guys. That was a terrible reflection of what kind of music that Clark would sing, it did not suit his voice at all. That song also reminded me a lot of "You're the Voice" which is dated and not good. Nick got the more current sounding song, it did sound like a reject off a fun. album, but you could see that his experience really helped him embrace such a new song so quickly.

I think that both songs would have fit Nick, that's why they seem interchangeable, while neither fit Clarks style. 

• Love 3

Oh yes JLo's comment about Nick being what they "had in mind" when they created the show was laughable. Up until season 7, contestants weren't even allowed to play instruments. And for the first few seasons the upper age limit was 25. In the early seasons most of the contestants were diva singers, not alt rockers with guitars. The type of person TPTB imagined for the show was someone like Jennifer Hudson, or Tessanne Chin of The Voice. Nick is about as polar opposite of that as you can get.

Good on Clark for going out on his shield.   Win or lose, he is one of the very few who told 19E to pound sand and made it this far.

There is something nicely settling about this comment.  That's how I feel too.  Clark will be fine, he is grounded.

I wish the entire group had been better though to be honest.  I would have loved to cheer on a girl, had there been one that was really worth cheering for hard.  The season left me sighing.  Last night was good but I wanted better.  I wanted the days of American Idol when I was smiling from ear to ear when a contestant sang.

• Love 1

IMO these Last 3 (i can't even write "Top") will disappear into the ether in 6 months.  The Idol Tour will be cut short for poor attendance again because at the end of it all no one cares about this show or its contestants 

• Love 1

Wow.........what a boring show.

I have to admit I was shocked that Jax was eliminated (glad, but shocked).

Whoever picked out that ugly, ill fitting "gown" really must not like her very much. It really made her look frumpy and dumpy and, though I don't like her all that much, she is a pretty girl when she has her hair color toned down and dresses attractively.

As for the singing, nothing stood out as great to me and I really don't care who wins.

JLo continues to not know how to dress, except kind of sluttily and not classy at all.

I wish they would bring Paula Abdul back for the final season judge in her place.

(edited)

Im so very glad Jackie is gone, but she didn't even get a curtain, or a singoff, or a last word? As the number three placer, anyone deserves that much. That dress was hideous and I was afraid she would step on it and do a header into the audience....had there been one - which I didn't realize til the curtain actually opened after the elimination. Do they normally send off the bootee directly into the arms of immediate family? What was the point of doing the dismissal behind the curtain? I'm a little lost. However, to me, Jackie looked like she knew she was toast. Surely they dont' tell the person (?)  Anyway, not a fan, but they should have let her mew and whisper through a swan song. imo. Nick and Clark are fine with me. I do miss Tyanna.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 2

Nick definitely is peaking at the right time.  I said he'd win way back in the semifinals, and I stick to that prediction.  Plus, he was terrific last night, and the original song, while cheesy as hell in fine AI tradition, is definitely something I could hear on the radio.

Not sorry that Jax was eliminated, but they could've at least allowed her a sing-out.  I wanted to know what song that outfit was intended to go with.

As for the coronation songs, both suck. Easily the worst coronation songs of any season

Nothing will ever be worse than No Boundaries.  Not even Inside Your Heaven.

• Love 2
(edited)

Nick definitely is peaking at the right time.  I said he'd win way back in the semifinals, and I stick to that prediction.  Plus, he was terrific last night, and the original song, while cheesy as hell in fine AI tradition, is definitely something I could hear on the radio.

Not sorry that Jax was eliminated, but they could've at least allowed her a sing-out.  I wanted to know what song that outfit was intended to go with.

Nothing will ever be worse than No Boundaries.  Not even Inside Your Heaven.

Agreed about Nick and frankly I'd like to see an older (older with an asterisk, heh) person win.

And as for that silver monstrosity ensemble ...that did not look, to me, safe to walk in (much less perform in.... in front of people), I'll guess Benny and the Jets, or Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds as a song it was meant to go with. :) Someone in wardrobe was in a very bad mood. Yikes.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 1

Inasmuch as this kind of music is perfect for doing taxes, I think that Nick had the better overall performance of the night. Being an idol is much more than singing ability, and I feel that it will take teams of people to get Clark anywhere near marketability.

• Love 1

And as for that silver monstrosity ensemble ...

My guess is an ABBA song, or perhaps Boney M? 

Did the show just give up and let their toddlers plan the agenda?  I was never a big fan of Jax but the beginning of the show was not necessary at all and seemed cruel.  No fan fare, just tell her she is gone and let her go into group huddle with her parents to comfort her.  The only explanation I can think of is that the show wanted to demonstrate just how fickle the music industry is -- one day you're loved and the next day you are kicked to the curb and the next thing is ushered in.  Bittersweet, no rhyme or reason, they owe you nothing, that's show biz baby. 

• Love 3

Zzzzzz.

Nick set a new record this season by giving 20 nearly identical performances back-to-back. I can't decide if that's better or worse than having the personality of a sandwich.

MMV about who's "deserved" to win the last 8 seasons, but the fact that it's been a white male 7 of those times is an issue. It's not really a competition when only one type of person has a chance to win (without stacking the deck, of course, a la Season 12). I was originally sad to hear the news about AI's cancellation, but I think last night's result proves that it's run its course.

• Love 4

Even if Nick wins at least he is from the north. That's a slight improvement over yet another southerner. Why does the audience keep wanting the same people to win every year? And then not even buy their albums on top of it?

All around the internet I see people are tired of the same people always winning, yet somehow they keep winning. Makes no sense.

Also I find it a terrible double standard that the audience decided to "punish" Quentin for his "attitude" a few weeks ago but they reward Clark for doing the same. In any other season had a contestant talked back to the mentor the way Clark did to Scott, they'd have been voted off.

• Love 2
(edited)

Even if Nick wins at least he is from the north. That's a slight improvement over yet another southerner. Why does the audience keep wanting the same people to win every year? And then not even buy their albums on top of it?

All around the internet I see people are tired of the same people always winning, yet somehow they keep winning. Makes no sense.

Ok.

Imo, southerners are not all the same. People from every region are individuals. "The same people"? Wow.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 2

Double WOW!  I thought the Civil War was over!  

• Love 3

Also I find it a terrible double standard that the audience decided to "punish" Quentin for his "attitude" a few weeks ago but they reward Clark for doing the same. In any other season had a contestant talked back to the mentor the way Clark did to Scott, they'd have been voted off.

Was this recapped or relevant to this episode? Because if so, I missed it

• Love 2
(edited)

Nick set a new record this season by giving 20 nearly identical performances back-to-back. I can't decide if that's better or worse than having the personality of a sandwich.

I agree.  I miss the days when they had to sing a country song, or do a song from a year they were born. 

I don't pay attention to where the singers are from that much to be honest, does it matter?  I mean, do we have to have winners evenly dispersed?

Edited by MrsMoltisanti
  • Love 5