Type keyword(s) to search

Scream in the Media: Teens Murdered After Losing Virginity! News at 11.

New Mask: http://www.slashfilm.com/new-scream-mask-mtv/

I think they are lying about using a new mask because they wanted to, I bet it was just a rights thing.  The guy who owns the rights is a bit much, when Scream 4 was being released he kept doing interviews and it was obvious he loved the attention a little too much and was probably a jerk to work with.  I guess they could also want to preserve the mask for movies but since Scream 4 flopped so hard what's the point.  I think the new mask is way too Phantom.  Oh well.

• Love 1

That trailer contains some interesting new footage, and I think it ends up raising more questions than it answers. It also looks like a male character takes a stake to the face next episode, although it doesn't look like any of the boys we've been introduced to. Actually, on second viewing it looks a little like Will, but I can't really tell. 

And spec on my part, but I think that scene at the end of Emma saying, "It ends with you," and holding the Killer's knife, is likely a dream. We've already seen a preview of the Killer on top of her, saying the same exact thing. Unless she's actually the Killer but she doesn't realize it. And like, all these phone calls are in her head. And if that's the twist... I'll scream since it's been done to death.

After seeing that little trailer, it could very well be a dream, or Emma could pull the Sydney's card at the end of the first Scream, where she dressed up as the killer and jumped out to kill the true killer who already had revealed himself, and ended up in an unfortunate situation. 

So we see she comforting Will, who has something driven in his heart, I'm assuming he's dying somewhere down the line. 

After seeing that little trailer, it could very well be a dream, or Emma could pull the Sydney's card at the end of the first Scream, where she dressed up as the killer and jumped out to kill the true killer who already had revealed himself, and ended up in an unfortunate situation. 

So we see she comforting Will, who has something driven in his heart, I'm assuming he's dying somewhere down the line. 

I'm leaning toward her pulling the Sydney card from the first Scream, but if you notice at 00:16 of the Comic Con trailer, she's getting stabbed by the killer and she's wearing a shirt with a similar pattern as the final clip. So, I wouldn't completely rule out a dream sequence either. Maybe she's having nightmares. This is a Wes Craven production after all. Coincidentally, Emma slightly reminds me of a blonde Nancy Thompson. Anyway, some clips I assume are the final episodes where they're in an abandoned building running around. We see clips with Emma, Piper, Brooke, and Noah. There's also Will and Jake both dead, captured, or killed, but we don't see Audrey or Kieran. I guess Audrey gets arrested at some point with the DNA stuff (why would the police have her DNA?). Maybe she's in jail suspected as the killer, but does Kieran become a victim soon, or is he the killer(s)?

I just love that even with people getting murdered left and right, these people are bound and determined to enjoy their Halloween dance. No need to worry about a creeper in a mask on Halloween, am I right?

• Love 4

Thank God. They've fired the showrunners and gotten new ones: http://deadline.com/2015/11/scream-new-showrunners-season-2-mtv-1201610198/

From all reports, the show was only renewed under the condition that they showrunners were replaced. Looks like the people at Dimension were upset with how it turned out. I hope these new guys can make it into a good show. The cast needs a revamp, we need better twists and writing in general. I hope it's not a soft change, they need to drastically alter the show if they want to make it work. 

• Love 3

I actually enjoyed the show more than I expected to (I think that divorcing it in my mind from the Scream movie franchise helped), but the big reveal was predictable and a letdown, and some of the acting was horrendous (looking at you, Jake). I'm interested to see what these new guys do with it.

• Love 1

Agree. I thought it was a fun little summer show. The reveal was definitely way too predictable but I liked the question mark it ended on with regard to Audrey. And yeah the acting was questionable at times but I really enjoyed it. And frankly it was far better in my opinion than the embarrassment that is Scream Queens (okay I only watched the pilot but that was more than enough) and this show didn't have a huge marketing campaign behind and some big names. But yes will be interesting to see the new direction but sadly new doesn't always mean better.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Agree. I thought it was a fun little summer show. The reveal was definitely way too predictable but I liked the question mark it ended on with regard to Audrey. And yeah the acting was questionable at times but I really enjoyed it. And frankly it was far better in my opinion than the embarrassment that is Scream Queens (okay I only watched the pilot but that was more than enough) and this show didn't have a huge marketing campaign behind and some big names. But yes will be interesting to see the new direction but sadly new doesn't always mean better.

Scream is/was substantially better than Scream Queens. I actually gave it 5 episodes because Jamie Lee Curtis and Niecey Nash are great, but even they (who are in way too few scenes IMO) can't save the show.

I definitely prefer Scream Queens but think that this show could be decent with better writers and actors.

ETA: Neither show is scary though. American Horror Story is better in terms of being chilling.

Edited by Avaleigh

I've been watching Scream Queens, but it's not holding my interest the way Scream did. I don't care who the red devils are, and I'm certainly not going to take a day and do a marathon rewatch like I did with this show. I laugh at some of the jokes, shake my head at the things that make no sense, but don't really think about it once the episode ends.

I agree, though; neither show is scary.

I think I respond more to the humor in Scream Queens than Scream. Noah and Audrey were the only funny characters for me. In the original Scream film I think most of the characters are funny, so that was part of the let down for me with this series. In Scream Queens, even though I have issues with the show and think that it too could do with a revamp, I think that there are several characters who are really bringing the humor especially Chad, Niecey Nash's character, Chanel #3, former neckbrace girl whose character and real life name are escaping me at the moment, and Abigail Breslin's Chanel #5. I know I'm definitely in the minority on this last one re Abigail Breslin but I've laughed a few times at her character's lines like "Why do I have to be Mary Todd Lincoln?" Obviously mileage varies and all that.

I'm definitely glad that this show is going to get some new life with the changes.

Really liking the whole trust theme to the marketing campaign, and I assume the season itself.

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but, when I set my DVR to record the premiere, it also did a Talking Dead style post show that is following the episode.

Should be fun.

Scream EPs Tackle Finale's Biggest Twists, Tease Possible Season 3 Plans

TVLINE | You guys came in as the new showrunners this season. Was Kieran always Piper’s accomplice, even from Season 1?
MICHAEL GANS | It was exactly who we thought it was — and it was exactly why we thought it was — from the very beginning, when we came in to pitch our take on the show to MTV and Dimension. There was one other person we thought of before we met anybody… but I won’t say who it was.
RICHARD REGISTER | We also loved the possibility that it could have been Emma this season, that she’d completely lost her mind.

Scream Halloween Special to Answer Unresolved Questions From Season 2

As revealed during Tuesday’s Scream After Dark, a two-hour Scream Halloween special will air in October, which will clear up all unanswered questions posed by the Season 2 finale.

Well if the show runners want to say Kieran always was the accomplice I am ok with it.  I watched the pilot again and there are alot of moments that do telegraph it.   There was even a line from Emma "You have a dark mind."  Kieren "You have no idea."