Type keyword(s) to search

The Killer: Really, He's Doing Us All a Favor

Right now my guess is that there are two or possibly even three killers. 

At the moment my front runners are the sheriff and his kid. If there's a third person involved then my early guess is that it's that guy maybe named Jake?

I feel like Noah and the boyfriend of Emma are too obvious so I'm not considering them for now. No way is it Audrey.

• Love 1

I agree. The two jocks have a secret, but it's something to do with Nina's webcam. They were probably filming her without her knowledge and selling the footage or something. I don't think that either of them is the killer, and I expect them both to die before the end of the season.

• Love 1

I think they've done a good job of spreading suspicion around evenly so far, if they really wanted to be daring and throw us off the scent the killer would be a woman, but I doubt a woman has the upper body strength necessary to banister-hang Rachel.  Maybe one is cahooting with a man.

Two killers at least. One to kill Riley, the other to kill Brooke. Killer must know that Brooke is sleeping with Mr. Branson. In fact, I think Mr. Branson is one of the killers. As to his accomplice - part of me thinks it has to be one of the "main" kids because they would have to know that they were going to the police. Will seems most likely but that's too much like the first movie. My guess is Noah.

When Noah was researching Brandon James, he reached out to his brother (Mr. Branson) and they came up with this. Mr. Brandon paired Noah with Riley to keep an eye on her. If she doesn't go to the police, Noah kills her there. Brooke told Mr. Branson about the spa hotel.

I like the idea the Branson is actually Troy James, but I just do not think Noah is directly involved with the killings. He was at his job while Riley was getting killed. Working under the assumption that when he got in touch with Troy for his report, it was entirely via E-Mail, Noah could have unknowingly said something that caused the desire for revenge.

Noah can stay at the job because he doesn't have to kill Brooke. Branson's killing Riley. When Branson stabs Riley, he calls Noah to call Riley, giving him the perfect alibi.

• Love 1

I'm in the middle of watching these episodes with my mother, and so far, midway through the pilot, she has Will and Jake pegged as the killers.

I assume she hasn't seen the movie then.

My guess the killer is going to be Audrey and John.  Killing their love interests was just to divert suspicion and get to Emma and in on the chase.  

Do you mean Audrey and Noah? 

My question would be how would Noah be able to predict that Riley would be in to him enough for her to be considered a love interest of his thereby taking him out of suspicion as far as the investigation is concerned? It was just by chance that she happened to call him as she was dying. Furthermore, how would Noah have been able to control that Emma would "choose" Brooke? Not that I think Emma would want to choose at all but if forced I'd bank on her choosing Riley to live. 

I feel like Noah is being set up as the most obvious choice. 

The son of the sheriff on the other hand is super suspicious but in a less obvious way especially during the pilot episode. The focus when we're getting the backstory of Brandon James is mostly on Noah and Kiernan and Kiernan seems to be listening the most closely. 

My guess the killer is going to be Audrey and John.  Killing their love interests was just to divert suspicion and get to Emma and in on the chase.  

I take it you mean Noah, not John?  In a Strangers on a Train ("criss-cross") kind of way, where Noah kills Rachel (he'd have the upper-body strength that Audrey lacks) and Audrey kills Riley (giving Noah an alibi).

• Love 1

I take it you mean Noah, not John? In a Strangers on a Train ("criss-cross") kind of way, where Noah kills Rachel (he'd have the upper-body strength that Audrey lacks) and Audrey kills Riley (giving Noah an alibi).

Oops my bad. I think I did. Keep forgetting dudes name.

I think Emma Noah Audrey and Kieran Survive. 4 People like the original movie. But I'm torn on Kieran part of me thinks he's the Killer or one of two killers. I think Will will die saving Emma's life and I think her Mother will die along with the Killer end of the season. I also think Brooke will die by the end of the season. My choice for Killers are the Sheriff and Kieran or Mr Branson and Jake

I think the series is going to try to throw us by having three killers but I can't decide who the third should be. There are a lot of characters on this show and three killers is the only thing that hasn't been done yet IIRC. (I barely remember Scream 3 to be honest.) 

I don't think it's Audrey. Audrey, Will, Brooke, Emma, and Emma's mother are the only ones I feel fairly certain are innocent. 

• Love 1

I think the series is going to try to throw us by having three killers but I can't decide who the third should be. There are a lot of characters on this show and three killers is the only thing that hasn't been done yet IIRC. (I barely remember Scream 3 to be honest.)

3 was the only one that had a single killer. Three killers might be interesting.

Three killers might be interesting.

I kind of disagree, unless they can explain it in a way that makes sense. Like, adding another killer, by itself, isn't that interesting. It'll be the story behind why there are three killers and how they came together that'll make me want to learn more. 

I will say, however, that the fact that there is likely more than one killer is what makes it difficult to rule anyone out. I mean, sure, we saw Noah on the phone with Riley last night as she died, but it's a total possibility that he's in cahoots with someone. The only one who simply cannot be the killer, from what we've seen, is Emma (unless, as I said in another thread, she has insane delusions and the phone calls are in her head). 

At some point I think when people really start to suspect one or two people that we'll see those two in a scene together while a murder is going on and then that is going to throw people. That's one of the things I think would be fun about there being three killers. I also like the idea of one of the killers not knowing that their partner is in cahoots with a third. I think there are a lot of possibilities with three killers. 

• Love 2

I kind of disagree, unless they can explain it in a way that makes sense. Like, adding another killer, by itself, isn't that interesting. It'll be the story behind why there are three killers and how they came together that'll make me want to learn more.

Allow me to clearify. Three killers are interesting in concept. For it to work, it would need astronomically exceptional execution.

• Love 1

3 was the only one that had a single killer. Three killers might be interesting.

Technically, with the retcon of the poorly conceived Scream 3 (Randy's death isn't the only reason it blew), the original Scream had three killers since they made the rape son the true mastermind of the murders committed by "Bubble-Butt Billy" and "Super Stupid Stu."

Do you mean Audrey and Noah? 

My question would be how would Noah be able to predict that Riley would be in to him enough for her to be considered a love interest of his thereby taking him out of suspicion as far as the investigation is concerned? It was just by chance that she happened to call him as she was dying. Furthermore, how would Noah have been able to control that Emma would "choose" Brooke? Not that I think Emma would want to choose at all but if forced I'd bank on her choosing Riley to live. 

I feel like Noah is being set up as the most obvious choice. 

The son of the sheriff on the other hand is super suspicious but in a less obvious way especially during the pilot episode. The focus when we're getting the backstory of Brandon James is mostly on Noah and Kiernan and Kiernan seems to be listening the most closely. 

Noah doesn't have to choose anything if he's working with someone else. Under my theory if Emma "chooses" Brooke. Noah kills her and tells Branson to call her, giving him the alibi.

• Love 1

Noah doesn't have to choose anything if he's working with someone else. Under my theory if Emma "chooses" Brooke. Noah kills her and tells Branson to call her, giving him the alibi.

I thought though that the theory was that the love interests were killed in order to take suspicion away from Noah and Audrey. I was responding to the idea that Noah and Audrey had their love interests killed in order to divert suspicion. It isn't that Noah has to choose himself it's that he wouldn't be able to control Emma choosing Riley over Brooke and Riley is the one whose death would theoretically divert suspicion away from Noah. 

(edited)

I think it's safe to say there's at least two killers, both because that's regular Scream fashion and because it's really the only way to not make the killer obvious by the end of the season, so the killers have alibis for some of the murders. I think there has to be a connection to Brandon James somehow, since I don't see the point in focusing so much on it otherwise. Whether it's that he's somehow still alive and is helping (that would be too Harper's Island for me, but one of the creators was a producer so it's possible) or it's someone related to him.

My current theory is that Brandon James didn't actually commit all those murders back in the day, but it was actually Emma's father, who was stabbed that night and almost died that did it, and he stabbed himself/a partner stabbed him so he could frame Brandon James for it, a nice call back to Billy and Stu's original plan, but this time it was successful. So now the killer is either Emma's father (and someone else), or someone(s) related to Brandon James getting revenge for the murders being pinned on him. I'd have to rewatch the pilot to recall if his body was ever found, I just remember getting shot and falling into the water. I can't imagine all those cops not finding a body in a lake, but Noah did say people were trying to say it was him back from the dead.

I think Audrey will be the leading suspect later in the season and leading up to last episodes, but will end up not being one of the killers. Based on nothing but the fact that I think it would be a nice parallel/reference to the original while not being totally predictable, I want to think it'll end up being both of Emma's love interests, and Will and Kieren are actually working together somehow, for some reason. At least then the dumb triangle would have a purpose and be over after the first season.

Edited by colorbars
  • Love 1
(edited)

I have to agree with Eve's hunch on the EHG podcast - it feels like it's the sheriff and son to me. Which is kinda awesome because the sheriff, aka Colin from 90210, looks to me like he's had a tad bit of IRL work done (ALLEGEDLY), which makes it kinda perfect if he's Brandon James and his face has been surgically repaired to normal!

This week's "why would the killer be so low-tech as to send snail mail, when he's been very techy?" question seems like a very strong nod to an intergenerational killing team.

We've not seen much of Kieran yet, but his dad is sketch as hell. They seem to be hinting at an eventual romantic entanglement with Emma's mom, aka Daisy, which would be perfectly creepy and perfectly in keeping with Brandon's origin story...

Edited by actnormalbitch
  • Love 1

Extra Hot Great - click the "EHG" tab at top right on this site, or follow through iTunes.  It's Sarah Bunting, Tara Ariano, and Dave Cole, plus a guest (another Previously.tv writer/contributor) talking all things TV. One of my very fave podcasts around!

• Love 1

I'll have to check that out. I'm usually here on my phone, so I don't have the usual banners and such.

One thing popped into my head about this past episode about the killer. Audrey, at the very least has a voice changer app on her phone that was the same voice as the killer when he's harassing Emma.

An app that costs $2, and literally anyone can have, and that we know for a fact Audrey does.

An app that costs $2, and literally anyone can have, and that we know for a fact Audrey does.

Some apps are IOS or Android specific, so maybe not anyone can have it.  <grin>

I gotta say, the intergenerational theory seems valid. It's good, but I'd dig deeper.

Scream's genius is the deconstruction of the slasher movie cliches, which have been engrained into our psyche, because it reinforces many of our cultural realities and ignorances. My favorite horror movie established it, and Scream turned it on it's head. One of the reasons why I've always been intrigued by it. I'm giving Wes a lot of room with this one. It's MTV, not expecting too much to be honest, but if we dig deeper, we might see things a little clearer.

Would you be surprised if there's more than one killer? No. Not at all, but what if I told you some of the killers aren't even working together?

There is not doubt the situation is generational and we've already been clued into that. I find it odd how many have not suspected Emma's mother, Daisy the coroner. Maybe she hasn't killed anyone......recently.      

Everyone's a suspect. A good whodunit imo.

Anyway, just remind yourself this is potentially a series, and not a mini-series like Harper Island. MTV's desire is to keep this thing going, so that only means the plots we're being introduced to are not concrete for resolution or relevant to murders/situation at hand to this particular first season.

• Love 2

I am still suspicious of Noah, BUT I remember that either Kiernan or his sheriff dad (I can't remember who right now) asked Noah if he had every met anyone from the Brandon James family when he did his research on the crimes.  I remember Noah saying "no", but I thought the question was fishy.  So basically I am suspicious of 3 people so far.

• Love 1

I am still suspicious of Noah, BUT I remember that either Kiernan or his sheriff dad (I can't remember who right now) asked Noah if he had every met anyone from the Brandon James family when he did his research on the crimes.  I remember Noah saying "no", but I thought the question was fishy.  So basically I am suspicious of 3 people so far.

This is one of the main things that got me to pay more attention to Kiernan. It *was* an odd question, I thought.

I gotta say, the intergenerational theory seems valid. It's good, but I'd dig deeper.

Scream's genius is the deconstruction of the slasher movie cliches, which have been engrained into our psyche, because it reinforces many of our cultural realities and ignorances. My favorite horror movie established it, and Scream turned it on it's head. One of the reasons why I've always been intrigued by it. I'm giving Wes a lot of room with this one. It's MTV, not expecting too much to be honest, but if we dig deeper, we might see things a little clearer.

Would you be surprised if there's more than one killer? No. Not at all, but what if I told you some of the killers aren't even working together?

There is not doubt the situation is generational and we've already been clued into that. I find it odd how many have not suspected Emma's mother, Daisy the coroner. Maybe she hasn't killed anyone......recently.      

Everyone's a suspect. A good whodunit imo.

Anyway, just remind yourself this is potentially a series, and not a mini-series like Harper Island. MTV's desire is to keep this thing going, so that only means the plots we're being introduced to are not concrete for resolution or relevant to murders/situation at hand to this particular first season.

One idea I've pondered is that the relative of Brandon James (assuming there is one) won't be one of the killers. Like, we'll be suspicious of some person when we find out that they're a relative only to have that person turn out to be a victim or possibly even a hero. Maybe somebody finds out that x character has been lying about the connection and it makes the other characters turn on the person only to find out that x person was never involved in any of the murders.

• Love 1

This is the theory I feel strongest about at the moment, mostly because the victims up until now have been sort of random. Although Nina was the HBIC and there are a number of people with a motive to take her out, Rachel's murder didn't make a ton of sense. She wasn't even someone who was going to Lakewood High, but was only tangentially connected to the school via Audrey. Riley's death was also kind of out of left field, although it makes more sense as someone close to Emma. But, yea, so far it's pretty difficult to find any kind of coherent explanation for these first three (four, counting Tyler) deaths. 

So, yea, my guess is that there are multiple killers on the loose, each working without anyone else. It'd be an interesting twist, at least.

(edited)

I would get a thrill if it is Noah and Audrey for my own reasons. Reasons I can't really put into words that make sense but I would love it to be them.

I can't imagine it's them working together, based on everything we've seen. We saw them both comforting each other, when they were alone and weren't playing along for anyone else's benefit, after Rachel and Riley were killed. That'd be pretty hard to explain if they were the killers. I always tend to suspect characters that haven't had many, if any, alone scenes. Billy/Stu, Mickey/Debbie, Jill/Charlie, I don't think any of them ever had moments alone. Which is why a Jake/Will duo is highly unlikely, but could be one of them working with someone else, same with Audrey/Noah. Which reminds me, though, for some reason when Will/Audrey were teamed together and they looked at each other in class, yet they were the only pair we didn't really see working together/talking to each other was interesting to me.

This is one of the main things that got me to pay more attention to Kiernan. It *was* an odd question, I thought.

Kieran also mentions Emma's "perfect life" in their scene at the party, and how she "seems" to have it all together, then questions if she even likes her friends. And exposing Emma's fake perfect life was something the killer zeroed in on in their calls to her.

One idea I've pondered is that the relative of Brandon James (assuming there is one) won't be one of the killers. Like, we'll be suspicious of some person when we find out that they're a relative only to have that person turn out to be a victim or possibly even a hero. Maybe somebody finds out that x character has been lying about the connection and it makes the other characters turn on the person only to find out that x person was never involved in any of the murders.

I could see this. If someone is related to him, I think it'd end up being Audrey, which would explain her picture of him on her wall in the Pilot. There's also very very vague parallels there, being outcasts and publicly humilated. And they made such a point to show that she came to school depite the video, she went to the party despite knowing people would stare and talk, that she's able to ignore the comments and everything, which is basically the exact opposite of Brandon James, who hid away in his house because of his face.

Rachel's murder didn't make a ton of sense. She wasn't even someone who was going to Lakewood High, but was only tangentially connected to the school via Audrey. Riley's death was also kind of out of left field, although it makes more sense as someone close to Emma.

I think both Rachel and Riley were a way to get to Emma. The killer is obviously into everyone knowing they're out there (considering the gif they sent to everyone), yet staged Rachel's death to look like a suicide. Since it wouldn't be hard to figure out she didn't actually die that way, I'd assume the killer made it look like that to make Emma feel responsible for her death, even if just until the truth comes out. Emma thinking Rachel killed herself because of that video would have and did really upset her, which is clearly something the killer is going for. Same with Riley. No matter who died between Brooke or Riley, the killer was playing with Emma and shifting the blame to her so she feels directly responsible for their death, to hurt her in more ways than just killing her friend would hurt her.

Edited by colorbars
  • Love 1

I could see this. If someone is related to him, I think it'd end up being Audrey, which would explain her picture of him on her wall in the Pilot. There's also very very vague parallels there, being outcasts and publicly humilated. And they made such a point to show that she came to school depite the video, she went to the party despite knowing people would stare and talk, that she's able to ignore the comments and everything, which is basically the exact opposite of Brandon James, who hid away in his house because of his face.

I got the impression that Brandon James' being locked away in his home was more the doing of his parents than anything else, but I guess social stigma like Audrey's make out session going viral is a lot easier to ignore/soldier through than a physical stigma that required several surgeries to attempt to fix.

The victims seem random, but they could each be somehow related to the victims of Brandon James' murder spree. I don't think we know enough about that yet to put anything together. That would be fun, though, because if the characters figured it out, they could predict the next target and give the show sort of a Final Destination feel.

The victims seem random, but they could each be somehow related to the victims of Brandon James' murder spree.

You mean like how in Scream 2, Gail realized that the first three victims shared a name with the first three victims in Woodsboro?

Doesn't have to follow the same pattern, but to use an example.

• Love 1

I just re-watched the fourth episode and realized the yearbook situation is fairly reminiscent to Prom Night (1980). The killer cuts out each victims' yearbook picture and hangs them in their lockers, which reminded me of Randy's quote "The police are always off track with this shit!  If they'd watch Prom Night, they'd save time!  There's a formula to it—a very simple formula!"

• Love 2

I just re-watched the fourth episode and realized the yearbook situation is fairly reminiscent to Prom Night (1980). The killer cuts out each victims' yearbook picture and hangs them in their lockers, which reminded me of Randy's quote "The police are always off track with this shit! If they'd watch Prom Night, they'd save time! There's a formula to it—a very simple formula!"

Thus creating the greatest Brick Joke in all of fiction.

• Love 1
(edited)

The victims seem random, but they could each be somehow related to the victims of Brandon James' murder spree. I don't think we know enough about that yet to put anything together. That would be fun, though, because if the characters figured it out, they could predict the next target and give the show sort of a Final Destination feel.

This could explain the randomness. I wonder if Emma would play the part of her mother or father. I guess it's hard to say without enough knowledge of the past victims. I also have a feeling the Brandon James story is not the truth. Maybe he wasn't even the killer like Cotton, but was framed and now a family member/friend who knows the truth is taking revenge.

Not sure if it's been discussed already, and if so, I apologize. The Comic-Con clip seems to cast Audrey in a suspicious light, but I think at some point Emma is the one wearing the Ghostface mask. In the Comic-Con clip it ends with her holding a knife over someone, but in the ending clip of MTV "Coming This Season" it shows Ghostface in the same position with the knife. Is she wearing the mask as a trick against the real killer, or is she the killer? Then again, I can't trust any of those clips.

Edited by Paradox

I got the impression that Brandon James' being locked away in his home was more the doing of his parents than anything else, but I guess social stigma like Audrey's make out session going viral is a lot easier to ignore/soldier through than a physical stigma that required several surgeries to attempt to fix.

Yeah, the situations clearly aren't exact or comparable, but a very loose parallel. Like even just in a "could be worse" kind of way.

Not sure if it's been discussed already, and if so, I apologize. The Comic-Con clip seems to cast Audrey in a suspicious light, but I think at some point Emma is the one wearing the Ghostface mask. In the Comic-Con clip it ends with her holding a knife over someone, but in the ending clip of MTV "Coming This Season" it shows Ghostface in the same position with the knife. Is she wearing the mask as a trick against the real killer, or is she the killer? Then again, I can't trust any of those clips.

I only watched it once, so I might be remembering details wrong, but to me, it seemed like a dream/nightmare sequence. Like Emma feels so responsible for all the killings, she probably sees herself as the killer in a nightmare or something similar. But it could always be something like Sidney wearing the mask a tthe end of the first movie or something else.

I have a few assumptions and a few observations.

Assumptions:

1) The killer(s) appear in Episode 1-2.  It would, in my opinion for a series such as this, be cheating for the killer to crop up as a character introduced later.

2) If there is more than one killer, the "pair" shouldn't openly discuss how bizarre the killings are or whatever.

3) The more we see someone alone, the more innocent they become (again, as said above... kudos).

4) Acting shady doesn't absolve you in the Scream-verse (especially when you consider the "Plan A" for Scream 3).  Stu, Billy, and Mickey were are super obvious suspects.

5) The killer will not be in two places at once (Wes has a fixation on this, which he previously discussed...)

6) The same "tricks" might be used, but not in the same ways if production can help it (Billy's fake death/Roman's fake death/Charlie's fake death).  I'm also struck by the idea that Wes mentioned after Scream 3- being upset he never got his female/female combo he wanted in Scream 2.

Based on these:

EMMA: Innocent.  Just stopping there.

NOAH: Innocent.  Too many alone scenes.  Alibi during Riley.  Too many alone scenes with others.  And he's the voice of the show.

BROOKE: Innocent- too many alone scenes, visible alibi during Riley's death

BROOKE's DAD: Innocent- didn't appear soon enough.

WILL: (probably) innocent.  Too many alone scenes with too many characters and as of E6, it would be a repeat of the fake-out.

JAKE: Suspect.  First real suspect, though again couldn't be paired with Brooke or Will.  IMO, he's had the most shady lines.

MOM: Suspect.  Though I believe one killer must be teen.  We know so little of her, but it would be awkward for her to stalk her daughter.

PIPER: Suspect.  Another character we know little of.  This would be the cheapest option of those from episodes 1-2.

TEACHER.  Suspect.  He's appeared surprisingly little for as much suspicion as he draws.  Still, Billy's Mom and even Rowan barely appeared at all in their films and were the killers.

AUDREY: Suspect.  So many people she can't be paired with... but they're all in my "innocent" category. 

COP: Suspect.  Probably the most recurring character tied into things with means who we know little about.

KEIRAN: Suspect.  This guy is managing to fill the role Billy so much while also having little alone time and so many reasons for us to suspect.  His absence for a bit seems like production wanted us to forget him.  And his dream disappearance bothers me, because I feel it was a meta-way for us to suspect him less.  That said, him being the killer would be disappointing.

One fear I have does go back to Harper's Island... (the spoiler is for that show)...

Will the killer once again be the MOST OBVIOUS SUSPECT (Henry/the offspring of a famous killer)
+
someone who didn't appear in a single episode until they started openly killing? (the famous killer)

I guess I am afraid that there isn't a satisfying answer that is both logical and unexpected.

Edited by Azgard12
  • Love 2

I have a few assumptions and a few observations.

Assumptions:

1) The killer(s) appear in Episode 1-2.  It would, in my opinion for a series such as this, be cheating for the killer to crop up as a character introduced later.

2) If there is more than one killer, the "pair" shouldn't openly discuss how bizarre the killings are or whatever.

3) The more we see someone alone, the more innocent they become (again, as said above... kudos).

4) Acting shady doesn't absolve you in the Scream-verse (especially when you consider the "Plan A" for Scream 3).  Stu, Billy, and Mickey were are super obvious suspects.

5) The killer will not be in two places at once (Wes has a fixation on this, which he previously discussed...)

6) The same "tricks" might be used, but not in the same ways if production can help it (Billy's fake death/Roman's fake death/Charlie's fake death)

Based on these:

EMMA: Innocent.  Just stopping there.

NOAH: Innocent.  Too many alone scenes.  Alibi during Riley.  Too many alone scenes with others.  And he's the voice of the show.

BROOKE: Innocent- too many alone scenes, visible alibi during Riley's death

BROOKE's DAD: Innocent- didn't appear soon enough.

WILL: (probably) innocent.  Too many alone scenes with too many characters and as of E6, it would be a repeat of the fake-out.

JAKE: Suspect.  First real suspect, though again couldn't be paired with Brooke or Will.  IMO, he's had the most shady lines.

MOM: Suspect.  Though I believe one killer must be teen.  We know so little of her, but it would be awkward for her to stalk her daughter.

PIPER: Suspect.  Another character we know little of.  This would be the cheapest option of those from episodes 1-2.

AUDREY: Suspect.  So many people she can't be paired with... but they're all in my "innocent" category. 

COP: Suspect.  Probably the most recurring character tied into things with means who we know little about.

KEIRAN: Suspect.  This guy is managing to fill the role Billy so much while also having little alone time and so many reasons for us to suspect.  His absence for a bit seems like production wanted us to forget him.  And his dream disappearance bothers me, because I feel it was a meta-way for us to suspect him less.  That said, him being the killer would be disappointing.

One fear I have does go back to Harper's Island... (the spoiler is for that show)...

Will the killer once again be the MOST OBVIOUS SUSPECT (Henry/the offspring of a famous killer)

+

someone who didn't appear in a single episode until they started openly killing? (the famous killer)

I guess I am afraid that there isn't a satisfying answer that is both logical and unexpected.

Great post. I suspect they go the route of leaving some plots unanswered since we might have multiple seasons. Some killer(s) will get caught and some will end up pulling strings, which will ultimately be revealed later down the line. I really hope they work the kinks out of this season and improve next season. This show has so much potential. Or maybe not. We're screwed sticking it out aren't we? With our luck, this is what will end happening:

Kieran snapped after his mother's death and now he's wrecking havoc across Lakewood, but why?

Revenge of course.

Kieran's directly related to Brandon James, and hates how Riley, Tyler, Nina, Brooke, Emma, and the whole snobby crew treated his kin, Audrey. 

His dad, Hudson, is sending clues about Brandon's truth and framing to Emma and Daisy, since HE is actually Brandon James, and possibly Emma's REAL dad.

Yikes!

He was once hooked on pain meds from all the surgeries, but now he's doing so much better as the town sheriff, where he was once framed. 

Except for his troubled ex con son, who he doesn't suspect as the homicidal maniac doing all the killings under his name. 

Hilarity ensues. Cue the Benny Hill theme music.

FML

Forgot Mr. Branson, so I've added him.  Okay, now I'm just going to think about how these pair up- I don't really know that it is possible for there to be just one killer.  However, I somewhat believe that if two killers are on our list... outing one pretty much pins the other one down.

IF there are two killers and we've seen both, I would hope they share scenes together (Scream 1, Scream 4).  That said, they might not (Scream 2).  I really think in a TV format with way more time, there's just too many opportunities (and too few characters, in this case) for us not to see our killers together.

I actually typed out every combination of the people I said were suspect above and really, only Cop/Keiran/Teacher combos feel like they work with Audrey being an interesting addition at times.  I really like the 2 separate killers theory.

Forgot Mr. Branson, so I've added him.  Okay, now I'm just going to think about how these pair up- I don't really know that it is possible for there to be just one killer.  However, I somewhat believe that if two killers are on our list... outing one pretty much pins the other one down.

IF there are two killers and we've seen both, I would hope they share scenes together (Scream 1, Scream 4).  That said, they might not (Scream 2).  I really think in a TV format with way more time, there's just too many opportunities (and too few characters, in this case) for us not to see our killers together.

I actually typed out every combination of the people I said were suspect above and really, only Cop/Keiran/Teacher combos feel like they work with Audrey being an interesting addition at times.  I really like the 2 separate killers theory.

His dad, Hudson, is sending clues about Brandon's truth and framing to Emma and Daisy, since HE is actually Brandon James, and possibly Emma's REAL dad.

This however does not work with the time line given. The Brandon James stuff happened a minimum of twenty years ago (possibly twenty-two years) I can't remember from the information Noah gave. So either Emma is extra stupid and has been left back a lot (Yes. I recognize that a strong case can be made for her being this dim) or there is is no way her mom was pregnant by Brandon with Emma at the time. If Brandon is her father, that means the mother knew he was alive and hiding him for years. I agree with others that Brandon was scapegoated and it will be revealed that Emma's never seen, but oft spoken of father is the real culprit.

Based on the timeline given, the most likely Brandon James child conceived during that timeframe is Piper. However, since he was crushing on Daisy and had the facial thing going on, who could he have been having sex with, unless it was Daisy and Piper is their child, this would explain her honing in on Emma (it could also explain why Emma's dad went psycho killer and framed Brandon, he knew Daisy was cheating, it would also explain why Daisy's family moved away right after, because the protecting her identity story makes no sense as that would make people wonder why they left and cause the townsfolk to reflect on the fact that Brandon would mostly likely crush on someone he saw all the time, and who better than the girl ne t door). You could believe that Brandon survived and possibly had facial reconstruction, then any of the kids could be his (would explain Audrey having his picture pinned on her picture board).

Edited by Happytobehere