Type keyword(s) to search

Rosewood - General Discussion

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, terxav said:

Why has the tone of the show changed so drastically?  I mean it started off with Rosie being a pest to Villa.  She had a tough past with her husband's unexpected death.  So Rosie get all in her business for 7-8 episodes, she has a brief think with his friend MIke.  Which had Rosie acting extremely jealous, then when the chance is there he drops her for the Dr.?  And now Villa is acting like Rosie is her perfect mate.   The show goes out of its way to show Villa as a strong, intelligent , career driven woman but now she is simping after Rosie.  It would be good to give her a love interest and make the show strictly about the cases vs. creating one love triangle after another.  Oh  and it is getting tired with his mother constantly getting in his business.

Rosie didn't drop Villa, they both decided it was best not to go there even though they obviously want to. But I am annoyed by them shoehorning Erica in and it makes it worst because I don't like her.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, mommalib said:

...But I am annoyed by them shoehorning Erica in and it makes it worst because I don't like her.

I think it would help if they had cast a mother who IRL was more than 8 years older than Rosie.

(edited)
On 5/6/2016 at 1:27 AM, shapeshifter said:

I think it would help if they had cast a mother who IRL was more than 8 years older than Rosie.

Erica is the girlfriend not the mother. I'm fine with the mother I don't like the girlfriend.

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 1

I watched this show once, and then realized that it was yet another show where a black man's OTP is a non black woman.  It seems that black women can't get love on TV these days, unless she's biracial. (except on Black Sails of course)

His current girlfriend is black. Of course, Villa is the long game, but right now his current girlfriend is black. 

His sister is a character, and she's in a steady, much-featured relationship, though an interracial one. So she's getting loving, just not from a black person. (Her ex was black and made an effort to get her back.) His mother is also a character, and she has dated. I can't remember the race of that person though. The point is that there are two black women who are part of the main cast and both date.

• Love 2

Sheesh, Mitchie was not as bad as all that and yet Rosie, Pippy, and Villa had it in for him from jump. Why are they always so exclusionary with anyone that comes on the team and why is the writing always proving them right to not want outsiders. So far Rosie's so threatened by every man that comes in - Mitchie, Taye Diggs, Adrian Pasdar- that he comes off as not only insecure but a jackass. And I don't like Morris Chestnut's cute self playing a jackass. I'm glad that in the end they allowed Rosie to soften up and become a mentor and boss to Mitchie as I think the actor's played well off each other. But again it only happened after Rosie was allowed to do his victory lap. Rosie can never be wrong on this show and it's gotten old. He needs to have his arrogant balloon punctured every now and then for him to grow and be rootable.

23 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Sheesh, Mitchie was not as bad as all that and yet Rosie, Pippy, and Villa had it in for him from jump. Why are they always so exclusionary with anyone that comes on the team and why is the writing always proving them right to not want outsiders. So far Rosie's so threatened by every man that comes in - Mitchie, Taye Diggs, Adrian Pasdar- that he comes off as not only insecure but a jackass. And I don't like Morris Chestnut's cute self playing a jackass. I'm glad that in the end they allowed Rosie to soften up and become a mentor and boss to Mitchie as I think the actor's played well off each other. But again it only happened after Rosie was allowed to do his victory lap. Rosie can never be wrong on this show and it's gotten old. He needs to have his arrogant balloon punctured every now and then for him to grow and be rootable.

Rosie has shown himself to be a great guy but he is not perfect. If he was he would be boring. Rosie is usually right because the show is called rosewood.   

• Love 2

Glad Erica is out of the picture, I didn't like the character at all.  As a doctor, she should never have needed to have Rosie's mom to tell her how unethical it was for her to date a patient, period.  

I am sad at the developments between Tara & Mitchie, witnessed of course by Pippi.  It makes ~no~ sense to me.  

As far as the COTW, who was the guy strapped to the chair at the end?  Calvin Spitz was confirmed dead in the pig trough, the doctor was dead (and why had he never disclosed to his doctor/partner that they could hear everything?  And why couldn't SHE hear everything from his end?  None of that makes sense at all.)  

And after the perp told Villa he's responsible for her ex husbands death (huh?), how can she & Rosie sit there laughing together at the end?  Why did they not delve deeper?   I need help deciphering this show.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Callietwo said:

Glad Erica is out of the picture, I didn't like the character at all.  As a doctor, she should never have needed to have Rosie's mom to tell her how unethical it was for her to date a patient, period.  

I am sad at the developments between Tara & Mitchie, witnessed of course by Pippi.  It makes ~no~ sense to me.  

As far as the COTW, who was the guy strapped to the chair at the end?  Calvin Spitz was confirmed dead in the pig trough, the doctor was dead (and why had he never disclosed to his doctor/partner that they could hear everything?  And why couldn't SHE hear everything from his end?  None of that makes sense at all.)  

And after the perp told Villa he's responsible for her ex husbands death (huh?), how can she & Rosie sit there laughing together at the end?  Why did they not delve deeper?   I need help deciphering this show.  

I'm glad Erica is out too.

The Mitchie stuff made me sad and frustrated because it seems like an easy way for the writers to cause friction between Tara and Pippi.

I think the guy strapped to the chair was an old business partner of Calvin's they mentioned.  I'm not completely sure about that though.

I was confused about the perp saying all that stuff to Villa and then there not being any follow up on it at all.

I don't take watching this show too seriously but the sloppy writing bugs me the most in episodes like this. It's like parts of it that would have made the story make more sense were cut or just not written into the script.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Callietwo said:

He didn't say he was responsible for her husband's death he was just taunting Villa. He said that he did his homework on her so he knew what button to push. 

• Love 1

I too was confused by the vent situation. I rewound and the vent was in the waiting room and seemed that you could only hear from one specific spot which is where the perp deliberately sat. I find it hard to believe he showed up so early each week to hear enough of this guy's life to steal his identity. Also, why wasn't he one of the patients interviewed by the team? Wouldn't it make the most sense to look in the schedule, see who was scheduled for that window and then interview that person? Also, I was amused at the many, handsome, fit male patients being seen at a state psychiatric hospital (I think we are supposed to believe the detectives narrowed it down to people who could physically play Calvin... but how did they even do that?). Also, does HIPPA end when the provider dies? I would think not? Could they even pull in all those patients without subpoenas? Way too plot-holey for me but why am I questioning?

I also felt the Tara & Mitchie thing was a little lame but I am glad they didn't commit to the kiss. At least they both looked terrified and aware of the damage what they were doing could be. Has Tara been written as bisexual or having had previous relationships with men?

Erika was a big whatever to me but what was happening with her crazy eyes during that breakup scene?

On May 19, 2016 at 10:26 AM, petalfrog said:

Also, does HIPPA end when the provider dies? I would think not?

Well, it ends on countless TV crime shows. But maybe it's a state by state thing?

I'm surprised this show survived to another season but Limitless did not. I know. Different networks. But I'm thinking more broadly. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Well, it ends on countless TV crime shows. But maybe it's a state by state thing?

I'm surprised this show survived to another season but Limitless did not. I know. Different networks. But I'm thinking more broadly. 

I liked Limitless too and am really surprised it didn't get renewed. I think it may have done better on a premium channel where they could have done more.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, SweetTooth said:

They're currently shopping Limitless around. Here's hoping.

Man, they really tried their best to make doctor lady sympathetic, but she annoyed the hell out of me. Her personality was just way too much. Talk about not reading social cues. When you're talking every five minutes about having a future with your man, and he looks like a deer in the headlights, you need to take that as a sign.  Maybe you shouldn't rush into a proposal. Especially when everyone and their brother could see the connection between him and Villa. 

Two shows  like got rid of annoying characters this last episode, so that makes me happy.

I loved he beach scene from the week before. Him and Villa being close and seeming like they were best friends. These two have great chemistry.

I also liked that they gave Villa's mom a real scene. She was turning into a caricature. The romance between her and the captain was really sweet.

Can we talk about that kiss? What the heck? I couldn't even watch, it was so awkward. He has zero sex appeal. Like, there are some people with so much sex appeal, they wind up appealing to both sexes, just by their sheer magnetism. This guy is the opposite.

I really hope they nip this in the bud.

Oh, also, I think someone asked if TMI had a relationship with a man, and she did. He appeared in an episode where he tried to win her back, but that wound up being her mom's doing, in that she pushed him, because of her disapproval of TMI.. The ex wasn't aware she was in a relationship. He started out seeming smarmy but wound up being a good guy.

Also, the guy tied to the chair was an ex business partner of the victim who did him dirty. 

And yes, the bad guy just taunted Villa and blamed her for her husband's death in order to throw her off her game.I wish the last scene with Rosie had been her going to him for comfort, because it's clear it affected her.

I agree with your whole post until that last bit that I bolded. I don't think this show is well enough written to have a plot point like that without it coming off as cheesey or damsel in distress-ish.

(edited)

Damn I knew they were going to find a reason to throw a roadblock in front of Rosie and Villa. I thought Villa was a little harsh, she knows Rosie well enough to know that he wouldn't intentionally try to hurt her. I understand being upset but she spoke to him like he's been a cancer on her life when it's been the total opposite. She knows it's basically his job and his life to figure out mysteries.

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 3
(edited)

If this were real life, I would expect Rosie to either ask permission first, or at least tell Villa what he was doing, before investigating the closed case of the death of her husband.

Also, I would expect him to succumb to her bedroom eyes and spill the beans later--if ever, or maybe at least after he had done some more investigating--like maybe hire someone besides Villa to investigate her husband's death.

TMI's drama is not really helping the show, IMO.

Edited by shapeshifter
missing preposition
  • Love 2

Boy they really cleaned house tonight - 3 characters gone - Probably a bit of reconfiguration for next season which I'm still surprised they managed to get. 

Of course, in real life, someone would talk first before doing what he did but then where would the drama be and/or the extra ridiculous roadblock to "happy everafter" - I can't believe writers still believe this kind of crap is necessary when writing (or trying) a romance for two adults.  So stupid.

Felt bad about the captain (if that was his rank) - I liked the character but if it means seeing less of Villa's annoying as hell mother, then it's fine.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

If this were real life, I would expect Rosie to either ask permission first, or at least tell Villa what he was doing, before investigating the closed case the death of her husband.

Also, I would expect him to succumb to her bedroom eyes and spill the beans later--if ever, or maybe at least after he had done some more investigating--like maybe hire someone besides Villa to investigate her husband's death.

TMI's drama is not really helping the show, IMO.

Rosie didn't want to say anything to Villa because he wasn't sure of anything and didn't know what he would or wouldn't find, how would it have worked out if he alerted her about something possibly being fishy with her husbands death without any kind of proof. All he had was a hunch and Rosie did what Rosie does which is dig. Villa knows this about him so I don't know why she would try to turn it into something else. The way she talked to him was almost like watching somebody kick a dog because Rosie is not what she was saying he was. I give him props for telling her because he knew it would throw a monkey wrench into their date and  any other potential perks for the night if you know what I mean.  But i'm guessing the husband is probably alive which annoys me to no end because he will probably be around for most of season 2 as the latest roadblock to Rosie and Villa. The writing for this will they won't they is juvenile and predictable.

It;s ironic that a show that so fun and flirty ends with everybody miserable.

Edited by mommalib

I don't know if we've lost the captain. We might have lost him AS the captain -- unless Rosie can sweep in and clear him -- but even if they want to bring in a different captain for more drama (because god forbid anyone get along with their boss), I expect Ira will become a detective or something. My prediction, though, is we have an interim captain, and he's back in place by episode 3.

The only time I've ever liked Villa's mom was in episode 21 (I think), when she had the honest discussion with Ira about why she stood him up.

I don't think Pipp is gone either. If TMI had quit, I would have agreed, but Pipp is family. She'll find a way to stay involved. 

Can't wait to find out the details on Gerald.

On May 9, 2016 at 1:47 PM, Neurochick said:

I watched this show once, and then realized that it was yet another show where a black man's OTP is a non black woman.  It seems that black women can't get love on TV these days, unless she's biracial. (except on Black Sails of course)

Who on black sails ?  I thought  Jessica Parker Kennedy is biracial .

42 minutes ago, terxav said:

Who on black sails ?  I thought  Jessica Parker Kennedy is biracial .

I wasn't talking about Jessica Parker Kennedy, I was talking about Zethu Dlomo, who plays Madi. 

On June 3, 2016 at 10:10 AM, Neurochick said:

I wasn't talking about Jessica Parker Kennedy, I was talking about Zethu Dlomo, who plays Madi. 

Has it ever been disclosed what Villa's husband did for a living ?  The smackdown of Rosie was expected , Villa moved from NYC back to Miami because she coukd not deal with the memories .  And it took her months to unpack - establish Miami as her home again.  Dropping the murder bomb at the time Villa has been the most open since she moved to Miami was ill advised .  Thanks for the heads up I only watched the first season of black sails where the only lady of color was Jessica Parker Kennedy.

Has it ever been disclosed what Villa's husband did for a living ?  The smackdown of Rosie was expected , Villa moved from NYC back to Miami because she coukd not deal with the memories .  And it took her months to unpack - establish Miami as her home again.  Dropping the murder bomb at the time Villa has been the most open since she moved to Miami was ill advised .

This. So much of this.

I was disappointed in the Pippy and TMI thing, because I really liked them together. 

14 hours ago, terxav said:

Has it ever been disclosed what Villa's husband did for a living ?  The smackdown of Rosie was expected , Villa moved from NYC back to Miami because she coukd not deal with the memories .  And it took her months to unpack - establish Miami as her home again.  Dropping the murder bomb at the time Villa has been the most open since she moved to Miami was ill advised .  Thanks for the heads up I only watched the first season of black sails where the only lady of color was Jessica Parker Kennedy.

I don't think there ever would have really been a good time to drop the bomb. Her being mad is one thing but I don't think Rosie deserved what she said to him.

17 hours ago, SweetTooth said:

Like I said, I think that Villa's reaction comes more from guilt than anything else. She said as much. I think that's what drove her to say those things.

Guilt because Rosie is telling her she didn't catch the signs something was wrong with him medically.

Guilt that someone might have murdered her husband, and she didn't catch it. She is a cop after all.

Guilt that she nearly took another man to bed. 

All of that guilt, and she couldn't deal with it, so she took it out on Rosie.

We like I said earlier I have a feeling the husband is alive and and I predict Rosie being treated like crap in favor of said husband at least for a while.

On 9/2/2016 at 6:51 PM, shapeshifter said:

I didn't know about this until I saw him on the show tonight. Will be interesting to see if he kills this show too. That article says Brian Austin Green was supposed to be the original replacement captain. That would have been kinda weird too.

Edited by Jaded
21 hours ago, doram said:

I love the new season already. I am ready to put money on the table now that the new Chief killed Via's late husband and there's a larger conspiracy (or a serial killing reason) for it. 

I'm glad that Rosie and Via are not in the outs but are actively working together to solve her husband's murder. Initially when she stepped into the house and saw his wall of crazy, I was holding my breath, waiting for her to explode. (Meanwhile, I had spent the whole episode wondering why she got 'over' her anger from last season so quickly). Then when she said, "ok, I've checked out those two so you can take them off your wall!", I screamed with happiness. It was just so... sensible and mature and it didn't mess up the Rosie/Via dynamic.

I'm worried about Pippy and TMI. 

Mitch continues to be redundant. Is he there for tokenism or something? He adds absolutely nothing to the show and I wish he'd just leave.

Obviously something is going to end up being wrong with the new captain. They didn't keep Hornstock around for nothing. Glad Villa got over her anger at Rosie and they are back to their dynamic. And they don't need any more significant others for distraction. 

On 10/7/2016 at 4:15 AM, SweetTooth said:

The Rosie/Villa chemistry was off the charts this episode. Loved everything about them being together. These two and their obvious caring for one another really give the show its heart.

So at least now I know why they showed a pic of the hubby. He's a known actor who would be featured prominently. I felt they did a good job in making us care for him with those few scenes he was in. I like that he really is deceased, and Villa got some closure. This should leave the path wide open for them to be together, now that everything is out there, and Rosie has shown the lengths he'll go to in order to help her. 

Gabriel Luna is also doing a good job as Ghost Rider on Agents of SHIELD.

So, new chief wanted to push old chief to do something that was against the rules. It just wound up being a situation he didn't set up. According to what he said last week, he didn't want Hornstock to always abide by the rules. He wanted someone who would get the job done no matter what. That Hornstock punched out the wrong guy didn't disturb him a bit. It was the part where he snitched on himself that was the problem.

I'm curious to see where this is going, because I have a feeling new chief is going to do something way over the top bad that he'll assume Hornstock won't tell anyone about, since he now knows both of them aren't above roughing up a suspect to get what they want and keeping quiet about it. I think that's what they're building up to. 

I am also glad that Eddie is really dead. I thought he was gonna be a huge roadblock for Rosie and Villa.

• Love 2

Really enjoyed the episode tonight. I was a little annoyed by all the med students in the beginning, but they ended up being pretty interesting, and I thought the storytelling was well done. I loved how they figured out Gerald was innocent -- and how it wasn't Rosie coming up with the magical, obvious solution. I'm looking forward to the resolution of the case. I hope they don't drag it out too long.

• Love 1

2.7: Lidocaine and Long-Term Lust

When Miami's most glamorous model dies the night after a beachfront photo shoot, Rosie and Villa are plunged into the glitzy and cutthroat world of one of the city's favorite pastimes - plastic surgery.

Kudos for mentioning the Gerald situation.

Who is the guy Villa did or did not sleep with?

Sherlockian twist on the whodunnit.

Did Villa not take off her spike heels to run after the perp because she was afraid they wouldn't be there when she went back? Or was she thinking she might step on something like broken glass? Since they focused on the shoes at least twice, I guess someone just thought running in heels is a superpower. 

Edited by shapeshifter
8 hours ago, Court said:

I kept waiting for the reveal that the waitress is conning Rosewood.

That didn't occur to me, but you might be right. Or was it already revealed and I slept through it?

2 MINUTES AGO, JADED SAID:

The lighting this season is driving me crazy. Something about it is different from last year.

It looks like a yellow filter is being used to convey the high temperatures there rather than having their sexy lead characters running around with sweat stained clothes.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1
On 11/16/2016 at 7:50 AM, Jaded said:

The lighting this season is driving me crazy. Something about it is different from last year.

Please, please lose the yellow filter!!!!

Kinda like the blue filter that was overused on CSI: NY

• Love 1
On 11/15/2016 at 2:29 PM, SweetTooth said:

He's the new medical examiner who'd been flirting with her earlier. 

Gosh, I hate the direction this show has taken. I fast-forward any and all scenes with Rosewood's new lady. The ex-husband drama did not endear me to her. I'd really been hoping she was tossing him off. 

I was holding on to hope that this show would not follow the formula of every other show where two attractive leads obviously have the hots for each other, but then:

1. They deny it.

2. Other possible love interests are brought in

3. They go away, only to be replaced by another complication, or first one person gets a love interest, and then the other

4. One or both find other relationships that turn more serious than the previous relationship

5. Eight hundred seasons later, they finally get together, and you realize all of the time and energy they wasted trying to get you to care about the alternate love interests.

This episode turned it into a soap opera, with putting a character in jeopardy I totally don't care about. I know this drama is not going away, because threatening an abuser never works. This means I'm going to get more of Rosie's boring love interest and the drama surrounding her, and I'm so not looking forward to that.

But it will be the catalyst for them breaking up, either because Rosie is forced to push their relationship along too fast or because the drama is too much for her to handle. Possibly she'll move away.

And all of it I could not care less about if I tried. 

I totally agree with you that the will they/won't they  thing is so exhausting. I was hoping this show would do things differently but I guess not. It's so weird both Rosie and Villa sitting up here supporting these new relationships as if they weren't about to get together not too long ago.

Edited by mommalib

Rosie's current girlfriend was acting really weird about his casework this week. I actually started to suspect she was involved with the case somehow, like maybe she was the murderer or something, from how exasperated she looked, and how she was snooping into his laptop after sending him to bed. They didn't take it anywhere, but they spent enough time on it that it seemed like it had to mean something.

I like Villa's current love interest, but I 100% agree that the "almost getting together and then breaking them apart" thing is super annoying. This show seems to be particularly phobic about this subject. They broke up Pippy and TMI also.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, possibilities said:

Rosie's current girlfriend was acting really weird about his casework this week. I actually started to suspect she was involved with the case somehow, like maybe she was the murderer or something, from how exasperated she looked, and how she was snooping into his laptop after sending him to bed. They didn't take it anywhere, but they spent enough time on it that it seemed like it had to mean something.

I like Villa's current love interest, but I 100% agree that the "almost getting together and then breaking them apart" thing is super annoying. This show seems to be particularly phobic about this subject. They broke up Pippy and TMI also.

First she heard Rosie calling out Misty's name in his sleep/nightmare. Then he explains she's part of a case and (I think) uses stuff on his laptop to illustrate/prove it. So it looks like she is still skeptical/jealous when she looks more closely at his laptop, which could hint at future jealousy of Villa, or it could be what you were thinking: that she's snooping for ulterior reasons. Anyway, maybe they ship her off to WITSEC to arrive at the Rosie/Villa OTPing.

10 minutes ago, Court said:

Am I supposed to hate the girlfriend? Because I do. It has nothing to do with her being an obstacle. There's just something off about her.

I'm pretty sure we are supposed to hate her and to want Rosilla to be a thing.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I'm pretty sure we are supposed to hate her and to want Rosilla to be a thing.

I like Villa's boyfriend. Don't care Rosilla never happens. I like their friendship.

• Love 1

Called that the girlfriend was shady! Also, in this day and age,the bank would have notified Rosie asap. I mean, they called me when I went out of town to make sure I was the one making purchases.

Edited by Court
  • Love 1

I hated the voice over, too. But I think we were supposed to hate it, because the girlfriend was awful. It was like a reverse fake out: goopy music? sentimental narration? soft focus fuzzy lighting? I'm supposed to be all mushy about this, but I hate it! Something is going on here....

I also hated the hostage negotiator and how suddenly Slade was a defensive asshole cop instead of his usual "man of the people" attitude. But I liked that they showed how not listening is bad, and being TOO tough can be counterproductive and a way to cover up for laziness, incompetence, and prejudice.

The writers are still hacks, though. Everyone thinks Rosie's committed, so Villa goes for Other Guy. Now Rosie's single and they will start the cycle again, where they are never available at the same time and blah blah blah. And villa being all wounded that Wounded Dude pushed her away, when clearly he was trying to keep her safe, was a rare moment of utter dimness for Villa, who is usually more savvy than that, and at any rate is not the sort to get all emo during a police crisis.

• Love 1