Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
David T. Cole

Stupid Movies We Watch Over and Over and Over...

I really like "The Net", which is like Sandra Bullock's version of that movie, kind of, LOL.  Like I know it's kind of a stupid movie but I like it anyway.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I really like "The Net", which is like Sandra Bullock's version of that movie, kind of, LOL.  Like I know it's kind of a stupid movie but I like it anyway.

I'm also fond of that one.  As big a cliche as it is, it succeeds because Sandra is just so damned likable.

And they got most of the computer stuff wrong, but did nail the easy of identity theft and the increasing social isolation that comes from doing everything online.

• Like 7

I had posted a long long list of 80s classics that I watch over and over again..

I omitted a franchise very important to me: Jackass.

I've been a fan since the first season was airing on MTV. The movies just kept getting better and better.

I don't know if it was the camaraderie of the guys. I don't know if it was the variety of "talents." I don't know if it was just the dick and fart jokes. I just know as a 41 year old woman, something still cracks me up today everytime I see Bam losing it behind Ehren, who simply thinks a. He's getting a good bit in the second movie b. That that is fake hair they're gluing to his face.

Am I alone in this?? Also, is there a PTV Jackass forum? I've tried searching every which way I could think of over the years and always wound up frustrated.

Edited by punkypower · Reason: Grammar is important.
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 9:32 PM, starri said:

The way Hackers portrays computers is laughably stupid, but I still find the cast really appealing despite all of that.

The soundtrack was also a terrific gateway drug into mid-90s electronica.

I love Hackers! I used to have a pretty big crush on Jonny Lee Miller because of that movie

• Like 4

Armageddon is a guilty pleasure. So, so dumb. Also it's like it came about because Michael Bay was watching Apollo 13 where Mission Control geeks were the heroes and he was like:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

12 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

Armageddon is a guilty pleasure. So, so dumb. Also it's like it came about because Michael Bay was watching Apollo 13 where Mission Control geeks were the heroes and he was like:

giphy.gif

Ben Affleck's DVD commentary point about Armageddon always sums up the stupidity of the movie, for me - Wouldn't it be easier to train astronauts how to drill into a rock than it would be to train oil drillers to be astronauts?

But it definitely fits perfectly into Michael Bay's anti-intellectual theme.

• Like 6

The Devil's Advocate is a terrible movie, and its treatment of women is even worse. But I still watch it every few years. There's something about a expressionless yet likable Keanu Reaves and an over-the-top Al Pacino that gets me every time. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

1 hour ago, topanga said:

There's something about a expressionless yet likable Keanu Reaves

So you like Keanu Reeves movies.

1 hour ago, topanga said:

an over-the-top Al Pacino

Probably one of the most watchable hams in the history of cinema.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I thought Keanu was a scumbag in that movie. 

When his wife Charlize Theron was upset, he went, “Stop! Reset!” Yeah, he was kinda the worst. 

7 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

So you like Keanu Reeves movies.

Basically. LOL 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Empire Records.  I know objectively it's not good, but I don't care.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, starri said:

That is a case of the cast making the movie. The story was weak but the cast really had great chemistry together and were so much fun to watch. I low level love that movie. 

• Like 5

The Rock, with Nick Cage and Sean Connery.

There may be movies that match its level of pure testosterone, but it will never be exceeded.

• Like 4

On 2/6/2021 at 9:59 PM, starri said:

I watch Empire Records every Rex Manning Day, without fail.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

7 hours ago, xaxat said:

The Rock, with Nick Cage and Sean Connery.

There may be movies that match its level of pure testosterone, but it will never be exceeded.

Michael Bay's best movie, and it's not close.

• Like 3

I've watched Clay Pigeons more times than I care to admit.  It still tickles me for some reason.  Joaquin Phoenix gets setup, big time.

Clay1.jpg.0e6f9f1313d22555be2cb6e876957336.jpg

1 hour ago, AimingforYoko said:

Michael Bay's best movie, and it's not close.

I agree it's his best, but I guilty pleasure the first three movies he directed. Bad Boys, The Rock and Armageddon

Then he decided to make movies about robot talking cars. 

• Like 1

"Bad Boys" is my favourite Michael Bay movie and one of my favourite movies ever.  I think it's great, and honestly very well directed.  I love every shot of it.  I don't even find it a "guilty" pleasure just a pleasure.

• Like 3

Aw, Les McKeown, the lead singer of the Bay City Rollers has died and in honor of his memory, I give you a fun scene from So I Married an Ax Murderer-a stupid movie that was funnier than I expected it to be:

• Like 7

On 4/22/2021 at 5:53 PM, Shannon L. said:

Aw, Les McKeown, the lead singer of the Bay City Rollers has died and in honor of his memory, I give you a fun scene from So I Married an Ax Murderer-a stupid movie that was funnier than I expected it to be:

I associate that song with that movie and it makes me smile everytime.

• Like 4