Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E19: Anna's Having a.....

"Josie picking her nose while wearing a short sleeve paper thin dress and no leggings when it is snowing outside."

Poor Nosie Digger-Duggar.     She was probably hungry for something not pink or blue.

• Love 3

I thought she looked pregnant also.

But then, I looked at my own stomach (5 kids, 5 miscarriages) and realized that if I gain 5 pounds, I look very pregnant!

It wouldn't surprise me if she was and didn't reveal a thing until the very last month.

• Love 3

I saw it and I recall she said, "When Josie gets it...," meaning when Josie gets the house.  You know how this gang speaks at times! Sometimes they're hard to decipher!

Ah, that makes more sense!  :-)

(edited)

I went back and looked at my old comments. I thought Sierra looked pregnant at Jessa's wedding with another baby (like one or two months).

Jessa got married November 1st. Jill got married in June and Sierra was 8 or 9 months pregnant. It's possible having previous children could mean she looks pregnant a lot. I'm surprised she doesn't bring her baby (and/or other children) to be on the show.

Edited by Temperance

Sierra had her last baby in September, and I think she announced her latest pregnancy around the time of the Anna gender reveal party. I'm too lazy to turn my phone back on to check dates, but IIRC, I found out because she announced on Instagram, pretty much right after the pee dried. 

She's around Anna's age but has Mechelle levels of fertility, so I expect her to have at least a dozen (with no unforseen complications)

• Love 1

From the Free Jinger site, sorry no idea how to post links. Sierra is only 25? OMG, I thought she in her thirties or something. I am a bad, bad judge of ages.

Wow, I thought Sierra was, seriously, about 35. Apparently, all those pregnancy hormones don't have the same effect on her that they had on Me-chelle.

• Love 5

Smuggar should be happy with whatever help from mama and daddy he gets.  He's a grown-ass man and shouldn't be relying on other people.  Same for Ben and Derick.  They have no business getting married if they can't support themselves.

How are the mothers at that shelter much different from Josh? If you said they shouldn't get pregnant because they can't support themselves and their children, how is that different? (in principle, of course - no need to state the obvious that Josh isn't on the verge of becoming homeless) I find it interesting that Josh is getting heat for wanting more stuff from his parents because his sisters get more, yet those women at the shelter supposedly deserve more than a bear, if anything at all, from somebody they don't even know. What's more is if Josh can't support his own family, even though I don't think that's the case, there's easy justification for him not giving those women anything else. 

• Love 2

Josh was the one making the big spiel about giving back and why everyone should donate to this organization, yet he himself didn't contribute anything useful. For those of us who have been following the show for years, it's just another example of the Duggars not walking the walk.

• Love 14
At around $6 per flamingo (according to Amazon), that is $1200 on flamingos.  5 gallons of paint and paint brushes, signs, and more food than was served at either of the past two Duggar weddings would have put the cost of this stupid sex reveal at well over 2K.

I know some people *wink* who "flocked" their mother's yard at her new house with a 100 flamingos & we, I mean they, found them online for around $40 for 50 flamingos.  My gramma, I mean those people's gramma who lives with their mom LOVED it and it was worth every dime.   the 3 siblings~ heard nothing, saw nothing, and know nothing loved sneaking around the house planting the flamingos in the middle of the night.   so I heard.

I didn't mind the gender reveal party.  *on topic*

• Love 5

Who looks after Sierra's kids while she is out having this big career as an event planner?   Doesn't she even breastfeed?   She must not have a heart for children, like MEchelle.  So somehow she has figured out how not to deal with the little darlings.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't believe for a second Josh actually won that bear. I think TLC paid of the game runner.

I'm happy Kynzie gets her sister. I think she really wanted it.

I was completely stunned when Marc fell and JBoob and Mechelle did nothing, not even jerk, but laugh when he did. A NINE YEAR OLD KNEW TO PICK HIM UP AND YOU SAT THERE LOUNGING AND LAUGHING?!?! Even if he didn't cry, you could've asked if he was ok. My 18 month old niece falls all the time and I still know to ask if she's ok. Usually she's fine, but still!!!!!!

If I was Josh and Anna, I would never, ever EVER IN A MILLION YEARS cash in their crappy grandparents-babysitting coupon. Burn it. BURN IT NOW, ANNA!

(I'm really fired up about this and I watched it 12 hours ago.)

ETA: I'm officially on the Sierra-is-a-famewhore train. Who contacts someone to throw them a party for a gender reveal? Did Sierra pay for it all? Was it an actual party, or just a bunch of decorations? I didn't see any food. Not even a Kraft single or watery styrafoam cup oatmeal. As a side note, I enjoyed the peek at her family. The husband looked as awkward as can be. I don't blame him. He was probably nervous of his kids catching the stink germs. Or his wife going baby moony all over him. I cannot believe that woman is 25.

Edited by SpaghettiTuesdays
  • Love 8

Most women look their physical best in their teens and early 20s.

If you're telling me I will never look any better than I do right now, I might have to go off an live in an igloo.

I honestly don't think any of the Duggars are unattractive in physical appearance, it's mostly their personality that does it for me.

• Love 6

Until I found out that she was married with kids, I thought that she was hanging around to "get to know" JD. I thought that she was about 35, and desperate, and they thought she might be willing to give JD a chance.

Now, I've got nothing. In all the years they have been on television, we have never really seen any of their "friends" or associates except for the Bates family and TFDW. They don't appear to particularly like her, so I can't understand why she has become a regular on the show.

• Love 2
(edited)

If you're telling me I will never look any better than I do right now, I might have to go off an live in an igloo.

LOL. Well, in my experience, physically I think girls do look their best - and need the least amount of "enhancement" - in her late teens, early 20s. Fortunately though. there are lots of smart women out there who figure out how to maintain what they have as they grow older.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 2

Until I found out that she was married with kids, I thought that she was hanging around to "get to know" JD. I thought that she was about 35, and desperate, and they thought she might be willing to give JD a chance.

That is exactly what I thought! She looked Gothard-approved and no mention was made of her husband and kids, so I also thought she was early to mid 30s and hoping that a somewhat older woman would be just what JD was looking for. Now, it would appear that she simply wants a piece of the Duggar fame, to earn some extra money and get more followers on Pinterest. Well, if I had the chance to be on TV I guess I'd do it too.

• Love 1

100% agree about gender reveals. Another Hallmark 'holiday' in a sense. In fact, Hallmark probably has "congrats-we-heard-what-you're-having" cards too. Oy. I hate to be Cranky Old Lady here, especially since I'm just 58, but whatever happened to waiting? Whatever happened to patience, and anticipation? Call me when science can tell you the IQ of your future offspring before its birth. PS - bet we won't have 1000s of parties then - LOL! Anyway, until then, I can wait til the lil pudder is born to find out if it's a B or a G.

I don't have an issue with wanting to know the gender before birth. That's not really the problem, IMO. Personally, I think this whole obnoxious "gender reveal party" crap  is indicative of this generation having been raised to over-celebrate EVERYTHING. The "special snowflake" syndrome is alive and well, with many of these young people being taught that every little thing they do is awesome, unique, and worthy of constant documentation. I adamantly refuse to go to any  of these narcissistic events. 

• Love 16

They don't appear to particularly like her, so I can't understand why she has become a regular on the show.

The kids probably cringe every time she comes to the house because they know she's going to force them to do some idiotic shit, like planting flamingos in the frozen ground when it's ten degrees outside. Even Michelle's interactions with her seemed fakey-fake nice so I wonder if their relationship is being exaggerated for tv.

• Love 2

I just looked it up and apparently Sierra lives in Carthage, MO. She travelled an hour and a half to Tontitown for this party. I really don't understand this woman.

My guess is 2 parts. One she offered her services for free and the Duggars love not paying. Second, she has that character defect that people need to want to be on these shows.

• Love 5

Could Smuggar be any more bitter about Grandma's house being remodeled. He definitely threw some shade at Jessa and Ben. Subtle, but you can definitely feel the bitterness there.

I thought that whole interaction was awkward. Actually, every time I see Jessa/Bin interact with Josh/Anna, the conversation feels forced and awkward, like they don't even like each other.

• Love 5

I thought that whole interaction was awkward. Actually, every time I see Jessa/Bin interact with Josh/Anna, the conversation feels forced and awkward, like they don't even like each other.

I get that too. And you know, it's not that surprising. In a group that large, some of them will inevitably not like each other. And didn't we kind of agree that none of the kids, except Jinger, seem to like Jessa much. I think Josh may resent Jessa specifically because he expects, or did expect, to be the Golden Boy forever. Jessa's kind of reaching Golden Girl status, with what has to look to Josh like a lot less work. I don't necessarily agree that Jessa isn't working hard in her way, but that's another topic. I think he resents Jill less because he thinks she's more deserving.

I get that too. And you know, it's not that surprising. In a group that large, some of them will inevitably not like each other. And didn't we kind of agree that none of the kids, except Jinger, seem to like Jessa much. I think Josh may resent Jessa specifically because he expects, or did expect, to be the Golden Boy forever. Jessa's kind of reaching Golden Girl status, with what has to look to Josh like a lot less work

Hmm...good point, and now it makes me wonder if it's Ben that Smuggar could resent.  After all, Smuggar did put in his time at Casa Crazy.  Ben did not.  Yes, Ben does have to clean toilets, etc., but he wasn't there for the years of building the TTH, not to mention living in that circus.  Now Ben shows up and gets a remodeled home, luxury honeymoon, and as you say, the Golden Girl, Jessa. 

I don't think the Duggar boys care too much for Ben. 

• Love 4

I don't think the Duggar boys care too much for Ben.

You just put your finger on something that's been niggling at me for a while. Bin did just kind of stroll in there and scoop up the prizes, didn't he? Plus he's taller and better-looking (or at least, more conventionally attractive) than any of them.

• Love 7
How are the mothers at that shelter much different from Josh? If you said they shouldn't get pregnant because they can't support themselves and their children, how is that different? (in principle, of course - no need to state the obvious that Josh isn't on the verge of becoming homeless) I find it interesting that Josh is getting heat for wanting more stuff from his parents because his sisters get more, yet those women at the shelter supposedly deserve more than a bear, if anything at all, from somebody they don't even know. What's more is if Josh can't support his own family, even though I don't think that's the case, there's easy justification for him not giving those women anything else.

A young and pregnant teen is different than Josh, a grown man.  Teenagers do all kinds of stupid stuff, including having unprotected sex.  Helping these young girls is essentially helping the babies who did not ask to come into this world.  It's trying to help give kids tools to become responsible adults so that they can take care of themselves and their baby.  Sometimes we have to give someone a hand to help mitigate what's been done.  Josh is a grown man who willingly took on the responsibility of having a family, so he should be able to make a life for himself without his father's help--just like Jim Bob did, and as much as I don't agree with everything that family does, I've got to give to Jim Bob and Michelle--they've aced self-sufficiency.

• Love 9

- Instead of the pop-up telling us that 3 grandchildren per child = 57 grandchildren (hooray for multiplication!) :([interviews/quote]

I'd be more interested in knowing how many of the 19 victims of Duggar homefooling could get the correct answer.

• Love 7

Josh was never really allowed to make mistakes as a teenager. Even to think about them meant an accounting to his parents. No wonder he had no way of relating to the young women in the group home. (Not saying he hadn't made mistakes by our accounting, just saying that by theirs, he's been put on a leash I doubt most of us could have handled very well. I can say with certainty that I did not.)

• Love 2
(edited)
Josh was never really allowed to make mistakes as a teenager. Even to think about them meant an accounting to his parents. No wonder he had no way of relating to the young women in the group home. (Not saying he hadn't made mistakes by our accounting, just saying that by theirs, he's been put on a leash I doubt most of us could have handled very well. I can say with certainty that I did not.

Oh, agreed! I'm sure he looked at those teenagers the way we look at the Littles and the Howlers when they're walking on counter tops and and licking those same counter tops--like they have 3 heads, and wondering "Where are the parents??"

ETA: in the case of the counter tops and kids, the parents were right there!

Edited by zenme
  • Love 4

A young and pregnant teen is different than Josh, a grown man.  Teenagers do all kinds of stupid stuff, including having unprotected sex.  Helping these young girls is essentially helping the babies who did not ask to come into this world.  It's trying to help give kids tools to become responsible adults so that they can take care of themselves and their baby.  Sometimes we have to give someone a hand to help mitigate what's been done.  Josh is a grown man who willingly took on the responsibility of having a family, so he should be able to make a life for himself without his father's help--just like Jim Bob did, and as much as I don't agree with everything that family does, I've got to give to Jim Bob and Michelle--they've aced self-sufficiency.

Saying they're teenagers is an assumption, and one that is being used to minimize responsibility on their part. I thought those women looked about the same age as Anna. I get that the babies didn't ask to be born, but that doesn't automatically shaft responsibility to anybody but their parent(s). I'm not saying they shouldn't get donations, but nobody is obligated to donate or get shit flung at them for not doing so. It's also an assumption to say the mothers' conception of their children was done out of naivety or stupidity. For all we know, the baby was fully planned and/or wanted and their partner left them/they left their partner. How old was Josh when he had his first kid, 22? How old were Jim Bob and Michelle, like 19 and 18, respectively? Those women at the shelter are probably somewhere in their 20s, which is according to you, grown enough to take on the responsibility of having a family. They either did it willingly by trying for a baby before their relationship fell through, or by not using birth control/adoption/abortion, which is still willful inaction. I don't see how Josh is all that different.

I'm not saying they shouldn't get donations, but nobody is obligated to donate or get shit flung at them for not doing so.

I think the main issue here is that Josh and Anna made a big song and dance about donating a giant bloody teddy bear that they won, but nothing that would put them out in any way or be actually useful (at least from what we saw on the show). If Josh simply hadn't gone to that place, hadn't donated a stupid toy, had kept his mouth shut and hadn't been showing off his big ole' charitable self on television, no one would have slung any shit what so ever. Instead he did go to that place, donated something that is ultimately useless and drew attention to himself and his "good deed" in order to look like a generous and charitable Christian (while really being nothing of the sort). At least for me, the shit flinging is about Josh acting like a Pharisee and worse, blowing his horn so that everyone can see how good he is without actually doing anything good.

As for the rest. If people need help, you help them. If parent's are not capable of helping their babies, you help them help their babies. It's not about minimizing responsibility or shafting or whatever. Everyone makes mistakes, sometimes with serious consequences, that doesn't mean that it's alright to abandon them with a shrug and a "you should've known better". I also have a strong feeling that many of those mothers-to-be wouldn't even be in that home if they had had better access to a decent sex education in school, affordable contraception or abortion without religious guilt-mongering. All those things that Josh and his ilk wants to ban entirely without paying for the consequences. ...So actually I kinda do think that Josh is obligated to donate to homes like that, morally obligated if nothing else. You want to ban abortion and ban or severely limit access to contraception while at the same time cutting down on government social programs? Then put your money where your mouth is and pay up.

• Love 21

I always thought the only reason they remodeled the house for Jessa was because it was kind of little dumpy place compared to the really nice place Jill got to move into, and they basically did it to make things more even between the two girls. 

I don't think it had much to do with how anybody felt about Josh.  

• Love 5

I always thought the only reason they remodeled the house for Jessa was because it was kind of little dumpy place compared to the really nice place Jill got to move into, and they basically did it to make things more even between the two girls. 

I don't think it had much to do with how anybody felt about Josh.  

I thought so too. I also wondered if they pretty much had to remodel the place anyway - weren't there mold complaints even from previous tenants?  So they probably had to remodel it before they could either rent it out or sell it. I guess they could've let Jessa and Ben live there in the moldy house, but if they had to fix it anyway might's well do it before one of your "blessings" is going to live there right?

• Love 2

There was mold in the bedroom, I remember Jessa pointing it out.  You have to fix something like that ASAP or it just spirals out of control fast.  

Plus the house is only like 950 square feet or something.  I bet it didn't really cost that much to redo it.  Not much flooring, only one bathroom.  Smaller kitchen.  

Speaking of size, Jessa's bedroom furniture is WAY too big for that little bedroom of theirs.  But I guess it was an investment, something they can use for many years in a much larger house.  Plus who knows when they will be permitted to actually buy something new again, so I guess they grabbed as much as they could! 

Hey, did anyone notice if Ben and Jessa were using that sad little curtain Anna sewed for them to cover the window on the front door?  Maybe they at least hung it up while they were visiting to be polite, lol

• Love 1

Sierra needs to wear a cheerleader's outfit everytime she is on.

If anyone is watching this season of Survivor, Sierra reminds me of Shirin.  Their facial expressions are so outrageously animated (in my opinion).  Shirin seems so effing happy to be on the jury.  Just as Sierra seeming to be so happy just to be around the Duggars.

If I'm not mistaken they did do some cosmetic work on the house before Josh moved in, but he didn't get a total gut job and redo the way Jessa did. Boob definitely seems more inclined to make life cushy for his daughters, now the kicker will be to see what kind of place the family pariah Si ends up in.

• Love 2

We don't know if Josh donated money to that charity or not.

If he donated cash on camera, he would look like he is bragging. Being a smuggar!

If he gave a teddy bear, now he looks cheap and heartless.

If they brought used clothing, some people would say that is gross.

If they bought new clothes, some people would say it's a waste...buy used and save the difference.

I tend to think that a lot of well known people donate to a lot of things and keep it private because they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Josh has many faults but I think the teddy bear was meant to be funny and part of some lame humor plot that a producer cooked up. Or maybe even Josh because he has a dumb sense of humor like that. Plus they drove there with the bear strapped in...kinda obvious it was a set up.

• Love 5

She bought all pink ones like the ones in the link, and they painted half the pink ones blue. 

That's what they want you to believe. I imagine they painted a few for the cameras. When you look at pics of the lawn, too many of the  blue ones were perfect. 

We don't know if Josh donated money to that charity or not.

If he donated cash on camera, he would look like he is bragging. Being a smuggar!

If he gave a teddy bear, now he looks cheap and heartless.

If they brought used clothing, some people would say that is gross.

If they bought new clothes, some people would say it's a waste...buy used and save the difference.

I can't speak for anyone else but a monetary donation towards a specific cause, say a renovation or an outreach program or filling up the pantry or linen cupboard and then encouraging others to do the same, would not have looked like bragging to me, that would've looked like they genuinely wanted to help. The problem is that the Duggars we see on the show have a history of talking big about charity but not actually doing much except handing out cookies, candy and bibles (and of course gracing the unfortunate with their presence). The teddy bear rather confirmed that image.

• Love 12

The duggars can make a big fuss and donation to prevent gays, transsexuals, and women having abortions. Look at all the political stuff on JoshAnnas social media. They love attention so why not donate baby supply? A teddy bear isn't going to do shit.

• Love 5

I can't speak for anyone else but a monetary donation towards a specific cause, say a renovation or an outreach program or filling up the pantry or linen cupboard and then encouraging others to do the same, would not have looked like bragging to me, that would've looked like they genuinely wanted to help. The problem is that the Duggars we see on the show have a history of talking big about charity but not actually doing much except handing out cookies, candy and bibles (and of course gracing the unfortunate with their presence). The teddy bear rather confirmed that image.

Wasn't there an episode where they "folded" laundry at a Laundromat for charity? Michelle just stood there holding clothes in her hand but did no actual work (surprise,surprise ). Jim Bob, IIRC, made some snarky comment about how poor people can't afford washers and dryers so they must use the ebil, socialist Laundromat. OK so I exaggerated a bit, but that was the gist of what he said.

• Love 1

I honestly don't think any of the Duggars are unattractive in physical appearance, it's mostly their personality that does it for me.

Different people peak at different times in regards to levels of attractiveness, but I agree that the simple fact of youth and few responsibilities make most people attractive from their late teens to mid20s. I don't think it's the ONLY attractive time, but that post-adolescence, young adulthood time is when everyone is more attractive. A few years down the road, some will be less, some will be more, I agree that it isn't as difficult to appear attractive at that age.

I don't think any of them, except maybe Jinger and Jordyn, like Jessa the rest tolerate or fear her. I can't blame Jessa for resenting or disliking Smugger, either. 

The difference, Josh and Anna, or anyone shouldn't actively try to get pregnant and have babies they can't financially or emotionally support. I don't think the women in the shelter were actively trying to get pregnant. More like they found themselves in unplanned circumstances, and because they were pregnant, a resource to help them have the babies, instead of abortion, and get on their feet is available. He is actively planning his lifestyle. The women there were not, and are trying to ammend bad circumstances and probably some unwise choices.

Josh getting heat for wanting more from his parents because his sisters get more is not the same as us saying the women at the shelter deserve more than a useless stuffed animal. The women show no indication asking for presents, resenting their siblings, or wanting gifts from someone they don't know.Josh does appear to be bothered that his sisters got better housing from their parents than he did. 

Josh didn't have to give the women anything or show up. But he did. And the gift he gave them was stupid. He showed no compassion, although Anna did, leered at them, and gave them a group gift of something impractical. The women didn't ask him for anything or criticize his gift. I admit I did that. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I agree, they could've come with a lot of diapers.

And the Duggars look like they don't do much with charity. On Camera. The soccer balls in El Salvador and didn't they do some fish fry thing? Somone mentioned a laundry event. The giant garage sale wasn't too bad. They certainly have been filmed doing some lame charity events. We all know they are out of story lines. The bear was some corny joke.

In real life, we just don't know the full story. For all we know, they could be very charitable with money. I always hesitate to assume too much with money and donations.

I have often been surprised. The ones you expect to be cheap and the ones you expect to be charitable...sometimes they don't match up.

Edited by Marigold
(edited)

At least for me, the shit flinging is about Josh acting like a Pharisee and worse, blowing his horn so that everyone can see how good he is without actually doing anything good.

As for the rest. If people need help, you help them. If parent's are not capable of helping their babies, you help them help their babies. It's not about minimizing responsibility or shafting or whatever. Everyone makes mistakes, sometimes with serious consequences, that doesn't mean that it's alright to abandon them with a shrug and a "you should've known better". I also have a strong feeling that many of those mothers-to-be wouldn't even be in that home if they had had better access to a decent sex education in school, affordable contraception or abortion without religious guilt-mongering. All those things that Josh and his ilk wants to ban entirely without paying for the consequences. ...So actually I kinda do think that Josh is obligated to donate to homes like that, morally obligated if nothing else. You want to ban abortion and ban or severely limit access to contraception while at the same time cutting down on government social programs? Then put your money where your mouth is and pay up.

Whether or not they actually make useful donations off camera, whether or not they are smug and self-righteous, I think this incident on this episode reinforced the opinion propagated by the show that they do not make useful donations and they are smug and self-righteous. If any of them had a smattering of media savvy, they might see that. The fact that they allow this sort of thing to be shown on television with an "aren't we wonderful for looking after the little people," especially when the little people are young underprivileged women, just reinforces the optics that they have zero compassion and empathy. I am deeply grateful that political candidates who get the Duggar endorsement never, ever win.

Vaysh, I want to like your posts 100 times.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 9

My church supports a local home for women and children. A lot of the women who live there are young, unmarried, and either had home situations in which they had to leave or they are young adults who have aged out of the foster care system. I believe the majority are ages 15-24. They live in efficiency apartments and we give donations of new clothes for the moms and babies along with new bedding, linens, toiletries, etc. Also money for bus passes, things like that. The home runs strictly on donations, no government funding and it is out of the larger cities around here so transportation can be a problem...luckily it is near a bus line.

They do accept toys, but I don't know what the home would do with an enormous bear like the one we saw. It's almost too big for a toddler to even play with it and if several children were around, they'd probably fight over it. Better to give half a dozen smaller teddy bears. Hopefully Josh and Anna saw that there was a need for homes such as this one and made a contribution of their own.

• Love 2