Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E19: Anna's Having a.....

I can't stand Sierra! God, is she annoying.

I think the reason they have these reveal parties is because they have NOTHING else going on in their lives that cause excitement or interest, so they cling to the reveal as the last hope.

• Love 4
I am thinking that Sierra is looking for a reality show of her own...

Sierra is heinous. She's obnoxious and unfunny and just really, really bad at what she does.

Even if she did confuse flamingos with storks, which was probably the case, the party still had no theme whatsoever. Everything was disjointed. If she wanted to go with flamingos, she could have used flamingo signs along the road, flamingo decorations in the house, and some sort of flamingo thing for the reveal -- a pinata, maybe, although Jill already did that. Instead, the decorations in the house were a mishmash of everything. A real event planner would have worked to try to make things cohesive.

I loved the side-eye Johannah was giving her when she was explaining that the boys would have to paint the flamingos.

• Love 9

So freaking tired of the baby's sex announcement party. Because you know what? There are only two possible answers. And no matter which answer it is, everyone is going to jump up and down with excitement and joy.

When I had my first, I was dying to know the sex. Well, we went for the ultrasound and the baby basically turned her back on the camera. They genuinely couldn't tell. They were like, "Well, we don't see a penis, but if there is one we probably wouldn't be able to see it anyway with the angle the baby's turned. So, um. It might be a girl?" I really want the Duggars to get one like that and see how they cope in their black and white world. (To be fair, they could hardly comport themselves worse than I did. The tech is telling me, "We have a great view of the spinal cord and the brain, everything looks perfect," and I'm like, "Yeah, yeah, but is it a BOY or a GIRL?" Not my finest parenting moment, lol.)

• Love 6

I totally enjoyed this spisode. There were no seizures filmed. And no Jill and Jess. I'm on Jill and Jessa overload. 

Just snarky Duggar moments. It was the Duggars in all their glory. Plus that wacko Sierra.  And 200 flamingos. 

• Love 1

So Sierra the party planner is the new cousin Amy? Someone with a little more pizzazz than the Duggars but who I personally find extremely annoying.

Who the hell buys 200 plastic flamingos? Especially to stick in the frozen ground. Seriously what was the point of that! I will say this, I thought the Duggar men/boys were awfully good sports about the ridiculous request to paint the flamingos blue and then install them in the yard.

That being said, I really hated how they told Michael more than once that his mommy would be mad at him for getting paint on his clothes. You could tell he felt bad. And if I were Anna, I wouldn't be upset with my 4 year old about his clothes being ruined, I would be upset with the multiple adults supervising who never thought to put a paint smock or even an old t-shirt on him and then proceeded to shame him for getting messy. I'm glad (as someone pointed out above) that JD at least said something to comfort him.

• Love 14

Totally did y'all see the look on Anna's face when she discovered that her little helper Michael put the wrong detergent in the dishwasher? Umm she was ready to kill him. Not a happy smily moment----just a real one.

I was confused about this -- did Anna ask Michael to put detergent in the dishwasher? He seems awfully young to be tasked with that. Next thing you know she'll have Marcus mowing the grass.

• Love 9

I agree griping between sibs is normal but Jessa and Jill receiving nicer houses doesn't bother me. Those two put in a hell of a lot more work than Smuggar ever did, even lazy ass Jessa. The Duggar boys don't do jack shit around the house so they have zero appreciation for how much responsibility those girls had.

Regarding Michael, I remember when I was little my mother kept several of my father's old button-down shirts to use as smocks for when my friends and I did art projects. She'd just roll up the sleeves and we were good to go. There was really no need to keep ragging on a freaking three year-old about messy clothes. A little common sense goes a long way, Boob.

When Josh, Anna and the kids were touring Jessa's house, she had this look on her face like "I will cut a bitch if you leave smudges on my newly painted walls." Anna seemed to be much more good-humored about the upgrades than Josh.

Josh got a house and a car lot. So the gifting seems somewhere between Jill and Jess. He also, along with JD worked on the TTH before TLC came along. He made some comment (somewhere I heard recently but it could be something old) about it that made me think he resents all the work he did on the TTH. If he feels short changed is probably because he felt he worked hard and got nothing with much equity.

- Sierra - ugh... She called a family meeting - for a family that she is not a member of!  I loved how not a single person looked excited when she was dictating her plans for the party

- It totally isn't Michael's fault that he had paint on him - why was he even part of the flamingo painting?

- Instead of the pop-up telling us that 3 grandchildren per child = 57 grandchildren (hooray for multiplication!), i wish there was one that said that Josh and Anna actually donated some money to the Angle house, instead of just that dumb bear.  That whole scene made me so angry - the two ladies staying there looked so uncomfortable :(

• Love 5

So glad I missed this mess.  I cannot stand anymore Sierra!  With all of those little kids she already has at home, she needs to be there. Not taking care of the Duggers (or as she calls it, party planning - rriiigghhhtt).

And I adore Michael so someone saying that to him would have got my goat.  I agree with the rest of you:  not one brain cell among them could have gotten an adult's old t-shirt and put it over Michael's clothes instead of lecturing him?!

• Love 6

I will say this, I thought the Duggar men/boys were awfully good sports about the ridiculous request to paint the flamingos blue and then install them in the yard.

But do they really have a choice to share their real feelings on the situation? 

And seriously now, Sierra, what the hell are you (or the Duggars) going to do with 200 pink and blue flamingos? What a waste.

• Love 5

Good point 3girlsforus.  They could build a shed on their property and that can be the Jender Reveal Shed where they keep all this crap for the future parties for all future grandkids.

What happened to just telling people "Hey we found out we are having a girl."

• Love 12
That being said, I really hated how they told Michael more than once that his mommy would be mad at him for getting paint on his clothes. You could tell he felt bad. And if I were Anna, I wouldn't be upset with my 4 year old about his clothes being ruined, I would be upset with the multiple adults supervising who never thought to put a paint smock or even an old t-shirt on him and then proceeded to shame him for getting messy.

Poor Michael. From putting the wrong soap in the dishwasher (poor little guy; just trying to help) to getting paint on his clothes because no one covered him up, this was not his episode. (And props to him for trying to help, as I guarantee his dad and grandpa have never seen the inside of a dishwasher.)

To hell with Jinger; free Michael.

• Love 14

Woodscommaelle, you're right that they probably couldn't voice any discontent about painting the stupid flamingos, but they did seem to make the most of it and try to have some fun.

I thought it was kind of odd that Jackson was sitting there listening to the story they read to Mac and Michael. He's 12, right? He almost seems the most stunted of all the kids to me, by his own choice. He comes across as one of those kids who has this whole "look at me, I'm so adorable" shtick, long after he should have outgrown it. I feel bad for Justin being stuck with him for talking heads. Jackson says something stupid that he thinks is cute, and Justin just sits there with this annoyed look.

How old was Marcus when this was filmed? I thought he was closer in age to my daughter, but he seemed really young compared to her in the footage last night.

• Love 4
(edited)

Poor Michael. From putting the wrong soap in the dishwasher (poor little guy; just trying to help) to getting paint on his clothes because no one covered him up, this was not his episode. (And props to him for trying to help, as I guarantee his dad and grandpa have never seen the inside of a dishwasher.)

And he was so cute when Anna was talking to him in the kitchen: "I did it for you." Omg my heart melted for him. He thought he was being such a good helper. I used to be annoyed by him but I think he's so adorable now. The one I can't deal with is Jackson. That kid has always bugged the shit out of me. And it seems like some of his siblings might feel the same way. Case in point: at the end of one of last night's episodes he had a TH with Justin (think it was Justin). And one of the crew mentioned 'the proof is in the pudding.' And Jackson asked if that meant he got candy. Justin seemed highly irritated.

Oops. Didn't see your post Jenniferbug. Same feelings about Jackson :)

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 5

Why are you meanies picking on my Jackson? I love him. It's not his fault he has to live under such ridiculous circumstances. I do agree that it was completely odd that he sat on the couch listening to MEchelle pretend to read a story to the littles. I think Jackson just doesn't know his place in that family. He isn't old enough to hang out with the older boys and too old to be hanging out with the little girls. He is a lost boy for sure. 

• Love 8

I doubt Jackson has ever had anyone read to him poor little thing and was just drawn to the story. He's the most lost of them all I think, I find him irritating but through no fault of his own so just feel sad for him really. Just lost in the middle, the child whose birth started the TLC madness and the one who is most abandoned.

• Love 7

I don't know what the deal is with Sierra, but maybe she's having a financial crisis and begged to be on the show so people would consider her a "celebrity event planner." Maybe they agreed to give her a portion of the money from the episodes she's in, too. But it's not normal at all -- she knows no more about event planning than anybody and it's bizarre that any family with so many adults would feel the need to hire a planner for a stupid jender reveal party. Which, yes, is in my opinion acceptable for baby number one, but not afterward, the same as having a shower.

• Love 2

Rember when we thought John David was going to grow up and be a hottie? That died a fiery death.

There's still a chance, IMO. Maybe it's just me, but I think men mature significantly later than females, particularly in physical attractiveness. Most women look their physical best in their teens and early 20s. Most males, OTOH, look the best they're ever going to look between 35-50. It figures that men get a longer peak - LOL. I noticed this first when I attended my 25th high school reunion and was BLOWN AWAY by the number of men who I'd last seen as short, geeky, weaselly-looking guys that I wouldn't have given the time of day - and who were now very attractive grown men. Many of the nice-but-basically-just-average guys were much better-looking too. Some of them were even significantly taller, which made me wonder if maybe some males have a final growth spurt in their late teens? Just my experience, but I think most of the boys will start to look better in their 30s. That means there's hope for you too, Josh...

• Love 5

So Sierra the party planner is the new cousin Amy? Someone with a little more pizzazz than the Duggars but who I personally find extremely annoying.

Who the hell buys 200 plastic flamingos? Especially to stick in the frozen ground. Seriously what was the point of that! I will say this, I thought the Duggar men/boys were awfully good sports about the ridiculous request to paint the flamingos blue and then install them in the yard.

That being said, I really hated how they told Michael more than once that his mommy would be mad at him for getting paint on his clothes. You could tell he felt bad. And if I were Anna, I wouldn't be upset with my 4 year old about his clothes being ruined, I would be upset with the multiple adults supervising who never thought to put a paint smock or even an old t-shirt on him and then proceeded to shame him for getting messy. I'm glad (as someone pointed out above) that JD at least said something to comfort him.

And not for nothing, but what kind of legitimate, trained, professional event planner would have the clients making and installing decorations etc etc? That's what they're supposed to be paying YOU for, dipthong! I am so tired of the Duggars plunking a title on someone who hasn't committed an ounce of his own work, time and money to actually earn it. It's not as if we don't know the truth of the situation either. I guess that's what some people do when they're uncomfortable about not having authentic credentials. Sierra is to event planners as Boob is to Donald Trump. Completely out of their leagues. 

• Love 7

Jackson looks like a young Donny Osmond - look it up!

Jill would be nothing without her eye makeup (neither would I ). Weird genes indeed. The cute boys fug out, the girls become beauties. I'm loving Jenny - cute and "doesn't give a crap" attitude.

• Love 1

Josh and Anna's idea of charity is pathetic. Sure, donate a cheap teddy bear that you wouldn't have been able to bring on the plane anyways. I guess LA has no Targets or Walmarts where you could have, you know, bought baby and household supplies and given it to the women.

Josh giving the huge bear to the residents of the home for mothers. WTF? What are the moms supposed to do with that? How about prying open your wallet, Josh, and giving them some cash? It irks me that the pro-lifers who are out to save babies ignore the fact that it takes a lot of money to raise the babies they saved. 

The old "damned if they do, damned if they don't" with the Duggars strikes again. The women at that shelter are pregnant/have babies while homeless with literally nothing, seem to be getting room and board for free, and because Josh didn't make it rain, he's a prick. Yeah, the whole scene looked incredibly shoehorned in and fake ("well as a matter of fact, I have a giant kids' toy in my car"), but at least he gave something. Josh's own kids likely would have loved the bear, and probably would have been mature enough to say thank you, too.

• Love 1

To hell with Jinger; free Michael.

You should not get mad at a little boy or expect any little kid to stay clean. I worked in daycare and parents would get mad all the time at this! So crazy. This makes me not like Sierra at all. Ugh. How can adults be so stupid to not understand little kids abilities especially when they have a million effing kids!

• Love 7
(edited)

If Sierra is having financial difficulties maybe she should stop popping out babies.  Evidently she is expecting her 5th.

Don't think Josh ever actually owned the car lot- there was a lot of talk about it being registered to Jim Bob a few years ago. I think Dad just gave him a job. He never seemed very into it anyhow- always delegating to the other employees and taking off for trips and "family time".  I don't know if Jim Bob pulled strings to get him his job at the FRC or if he got it himself, but it was probably the best thing that ever happened to him.

Edited by 3 is enough

You should not get mad at a little boy or expect any little kid to stay clean.

Most sane people don't, but you're talking about people who believe in blanket training.  They expect a 6 month old not to move unless told to do so.

• Love 2
(edited)

I agree about Free Michael. The poor kid was trying so hard and just couldn't catch a break.

Regarding Jackson, he reminds me of a has-been child actor trying to stay relevant by doing the cutesy shtick that made him famous and it just ain't working anymore. I don't think he's a bad kid, he's just in no man's land in terms of fitting into the sibling cliques in his family.

Right now Jer and Jed seem to be making their way through puberty unscathed. I think both are really nice looking kids. I hope it doesn't all come crashing down the day they turn 18.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7

I can't stand Sierra! God, is she annoying.

I think the reason they have these reveal parties is because they have NOTHING else going on in their lives that cause excitement or interest, so they cling to the reveal as the last hope.

Nothing they can show on their, only positive images of the Duggars, like the nature of Josh's job.

• Love 2

Michelle and Bob can still rot, but, I honestly didn't see anyone being mean to Michael. I thought Jim Bob (ugh) was actually being very calm about the paint thing. He was just telling him to be careful with his dirty hands. Although it is silly to think such a young child can keep clean around paint. I just didn't think Jim Bob was mean about it at all. 

• Love 1

So freaking tired of the baby's sex announcement party. Because you know what? There are only two possible answers.

Not necessarily.  1 in every 1500-2000 babies is intersex.  : ) 

Join me on the train to Hell.

• Love 5

Its gonna be hard painting pink and blue stripes on all those flamingos if that happens.    

• Love 8

You know, I did actually think of that, but it's not something they usually pick up on the ultrasound. But I've been on that train for a while now... :-)

So freaking tired of the baby's sex announcement party. Because you know what? There are only two possible answers. And no matter which answer it is, everyone is going to jump up and down with excitement and joy.

Actually there are other possible answers, and I think it'd be awesome - totally! - if one of the Duggars one of these days had one of those rare kids. Although I don't know that they can see the other possibilities (i.e. intersex) on an ultrasound, so it probably wouldn't make a difference in the whole reveal party thing. I also suspect such a child would not be treated well by the family, but wow would I love to see their eyes opened to other possibilities in the world.

• Love 1

OK, thanks to everyone that rightly called me out on this. Intersex children are born all the time and shouldn't be excluded from the conversation.
  • Love 2

Also, note to Jim Bob:  If I am Anna, or Grandma, or whoever is stuck doing the laundry, I would most definitely NOT be mad at sweet, little Michael.  However, I would drag the idiot who let him play in paint without putting him in a paint shirt into the laundry room and tell him to get to work!

But seriously, he told Michael not to get paint on him, Michael accidently touches his pants without realizing he's getting pant on them, and all JB does is give him an awkward-this-is-the-first-actual-conversation-I've-had-with-this-grandchild talk saying, "Hey, you're getting paint there on your pants. Try not to." Then walks away and expects him to listen at that age? I mean, really? Pay attention to the poor boy!!

I don't understand what exactly Sierra did that the Duggars couldn't have done on their own. There was decorations, balloons and a few bowls of snacks/candies. That's pretty standard party fare. It hardly required an "event planner."

I also thought it was odd that they did the gender reveal literally as soon as they walked in from the airport. Let them at least take their coats off, play a game, eat some food, etc., like a normal party! But I do admit, I don't get into gender reveal parties (I'm 24, most people my age do), especially when it's your fourth child.

PS - I know a few people mentioned that it was nice not having Jill or Jessa in the episode. I saw Jessa there, obviously, but no Jill. I'm wondering if they edited her out because she hadn't had the baby yet. First, it was snowing in Arkansas. Jill had the baby in April. I'm from the North and we haven't had any snow since Jill's baby, so I can't imagine Arkansas has, either! Also, Jessa made that comment when walking around the house how their guest room wasn't a baby room yet. However, they were all 3 pregnant at the same time together, and they all knew it, thanks to that picture they posted. I realize they were trying to show Jill's birth last week because of Mother's Day, but wouldn't finding out Anna's baby's gender also constitute as a nice mother's day episode as well (being facetious here)???? :) Anyways, a pretty minute detail and just something I noticed while watching the episode. I can't imagine that even if Jill had had the baby, she wouldn't try to make a bit of an appearance.

• Love 2
(edited)

I get headaches trying to keep these timelines straight. Was the jender reveal filmed in Feb/Mar? That would explain why Jessa was barely showing in this epi but had a noticeable baby bump in Jill's Special Delivery. To make matters worse Jessa's pregnancy hasn't even been revealed on the actual show, so now we're going to have to sit through another totally staged family gathering where Benessa makes a "surprise" announcement. Gag me.

At this point I'm over Jessa, Jill, their husbands and their blessings, bring on Josiah and Marjorie already.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3
(edited)

Dear TLC, NO MORE SIERRA. She's incompetent and looks crazy with those bugged out eyes. As much as I appreciated dialects, colloquialisms, etc., she says Y'ALL way too much. It's annoying and does not sound natural. If she's grown enough to have FIVE babies, she also needs to cut off about a foot of that hair. How on earth does anyone with five babies have the time to dry and curl those mops, which are disgusting hanging in their faces and around all that food prep. (Side note: I have had several elderly family members who kept their hair long enough to wind into a very graceful, stylish chignon or braided bun. None of them would dare have it hanging loose in the kitchen. It's gross.)

Also, all these Jender reveals - No1CURR. It's really only of interest to the parents, and after the first couple of babies, No1CURR. Boring.

Also, also, poor little Michael. That kid looked crushed when he was scolded for doing exactly as he was told - to paint flamingos. He's only three or four. He's going to be a little messy. If Dumbass Sierra and all of the rest of them didn't have the sense to put old clothes on Michael and monitor him closely, then it is not his fault. He looked scared to death that his mom would be mad, and that's just not fair to him. 

Also, also, also, I wanted to smack the smug, smarmy look off of Josh's face when the women in the shelter/home were explaining how they got there. Anna looked like she sincerely cared that they were getting some help getting back on their feet, while Josh looked like he was examining some sort of heathen orgy. The only circumstances we knew were that the women were previously homeless and pregnant. No indicated if they were crack hos or just had some bad luck. However, Josh was almost leering. Asshole.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 10

Anna did prison ministry with her dad. She probably has heard a lot of stories unlike Josh who only knew how to be in the horse and pony show.

Anna also has a sister who had a child out of wedlock and the Kellers did not shun her so it's harder for Anna to pass judgement on an unwed mother. Boob Jr. not so much he is just an entitled ass.

• Love 4

What a waste of time and resources to paint all those stupid flamingos! They probably spent more on those things than they did on a Diuggar wedding!

• Love 2

Anna also has a sister who had a child out of wedlock and the Kellers did not shun her so it's harder for Anna to pass judgement on an unwed mother

I thought the Kellars partially shunned that sister, or shunned, then halfway came along. I also remember the Duggars kind of shunned her too, and freaked out when her little baby boy was swaying to music. They had rules for how she was to behave around them. How Christan.

• Love 1
(edited)

Michelle and Bob can still rot, but, I honestly didn't see anyone being mean to Michael. I thought Jim Bob (ugh) was actually being very calm about the paint thing. He was just telling him to be careful with his dirty hands. Although it is silly to think such a young child can keep clean around paint. I just didn't think Jim Bob was mean about it at all.

Boob didn't yell at Michael, but he told him repeatedly that his mommy would be upset with him. For a sensitive little boy, that's harsh.

Emotional intelligence is not Boob's strong suit.

I thought the Kellars partially shunned that sister, or shunned, then halfway came along. I also remember the Duggars kind of shunned her too, and freaked out when her little baby boy was swaying to music. They had rules for how she was to behave around them. How Christan.

I crept on Susannah's social media, and she's posted recent pictures of the whole family. She and another sister are wearing pants. (And she had a girl, so I'm not sure about the swaying-to-the-music thing.)

I'm sure the Kellers aren't pleased, but it doesn't look as though anyone is being shunned. Maybe you're right and they initially shunned her, then rethought their decision.

Edited by Literata
  • Love 3

My 12 year old daughter said it best: 

"that's a huge waste of money to buy 200 flamingos"

A few flamingos would've been funny. 200 is bat shit crazy. 

Sierra might want to get a weather app.  Melting ice cream at a wedding and frozen ground for flamingo insertion. Not too bright of an event planner. 

• Love 12

If Sierra is having financial difficulties maybe she should stop popping out babies.  Evidently she is expecting her 5th.

Don't think Josh ever actually owned the car lot- there was a lot of talk about it being registered to Jim Bob a few years ago. I think Dad just gave him a job. He never seemed very into it anyhow- always delegating to the other employees and taking off for trips and "family time".  I don't know if Jim Bob pulled strings to get him his job at the FRC or if he got it himself, but it was probably the best thing that ever happened to him.

This was my understanding too, that Josh was managing the car lot for Boob. Since he's such a knob, I can't believe that Boob would actually sign over the business to Josh, to do with as he pleased. But who knows? Maybe he did - maybe it was a wedding gift.

In the scene where Michelle is sitting on the couch next to Mckynzie, Michelle is trying to tickle Mckynzie's feet or legs. Mckynzie is giving Michelle the biggest "Who the fuck are you and why are you touching me?!" look.

Could Smuggar be any more bitter about Grandma's house being remodeled. He definitely threw some shade at Jessa and Ben. Subtle, but you can definitely feel the bitterness there.

• Love 5

Random aside... you know those ads that show up mid-thread on the PTV forums?  Almost every time I view this episode thread I am getting ads for GMC Sierra trucks. Is the fact that Sierra is mentioned several times in this thread causing me to get these truck ads? I haven't seen it on other threads so it's kind of cracking me up.

And yeah, I agree - event planner, really?  Sheesh if she's a professional event planner and actually getting paid for it, I think I need to become one too. I don't have the cool accent/colloquialisms, but I could run circles around her when it comes to planning, decorating, catering, etc. I suspect most of us could.

• Love 1