Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Sunrise, Sunset

Paul sustains injuries during a daring rescue at the scene of a multi-car accident.

That's not how this works.  That's not how any of this works.

• Love 1
(edited)

What was up with Topher all of a sudden becoming a whiney little boy about TC being there, this in the middle of a terrorist attack? That's not the Topher I like. And do AT+T and Sprint now have towers in the Middle East so people can just auto-dial friends back in the States? Crazy!

Best line of the night was when TC was telling that Army guy some story and he replies something like: "Good story, Paddy, don't care." 

I guess I missed during channel changing as to whether the LVAC guy got saved or not. And what's with going to do some complex heart surgery overseas and not take any surgical instruments?

Jordan collapses. Shouldn't a doctor have access to routine tests that would reveal some impending problem? They get free scans and other expensive tests done under the radar for patients so I'm assuming they do their own tests/scans pro bono during lunch break or whenever.

Edited by saber5055
(edited)

So, last season, the penultimate episode ended with Topher in peril, after getting shot.  This season, it ends with Jordan suddenly collapsing and now might be in peril. I guess this is the show's gimmick.  Next season, it will either be Drew, Ragosa, or even T.C. himself, I guess.  I could care more, but I don't see much suspense because a) not a huge fan of Jordan and b) Jordan/Jill Flint is the female lead, so I really doubt she is going anywhere.  I guess something could happen to the baby though.

I was confused about the stuff involving Paul.  Drew was pissed at him for risking his life (and pissed at Krista for egging him which, come on, Drew.  That's a bit much.), but I could have sworn he told him to go to that car and help him.  Did I mishear or did Drew mean to try and help him, but bail if things got hairy?  I just found the whole thing silly.  Basically, it's being used to Paul to injure his hand and now we could blow his chances at being a fancy surgeon.  Uh oh!

Scott is back and not going to be charged, but did end up paying off the family, I see.  But, hey, at least he talked that boy into helping his sister out.  That said, I remember when he told a fake story in another episode to convince someone to do something risky, I wonder if that was another story.  I'd find it darkly amusing if Scott has a list of stories he fakes for everyone.

So, Ragosa is a doctor now.  And in his first act, the guy was pretty much DOA, and he had to tell the wife.  Worst first day ever!

What is going on with this sniper stuff?  I guess this is going to show back up again in the finale?

Bored with the T.C./Topher stuff.  Topher freaking out was weird.  I get this situation sucks, but he's usually about waiting till the situation has been resolved, before he starts panicking.

Of course, Rick might be moving away.  No way Drew can have a functional relationship!

Edited by thuganomics85

That said, I remember when he told a fake story in another episode to convince someone to do something risky, I wonder if that was another story.  I'd find it darkly amusing if Scott has a list of stories he fakes for everyone.

Yes! I was waiting for the kid to walk away, then for Scott to say, "Psych!"

So, Ragosa is a doctor now.

Yeah, that happened really quickly. So he goes from being the hospital administrator to some orderly to a doctor, all in one season? I guess his rotten ex-wife and snotty daughter can extort him for even more money now. Maybe now she can redo her quinceañera bigger and better.

Yeah, that happened really quickly. So he goes from being the hospital administrator to some orderly to a doctor, all in one season?

He wasn't an orderly, he was a Physicians Assistant, they can prescribe medicine and are a little more advance.  He did finish med school, just never did his internship or residency.  I still think the storyline is implausible but since I like Ragosa, I will forgive it.  I am not watching this show for reality, just escapism.  That and the prettiness that is Rick.

• Love 2

Bored with the T.C./Topher stuff.  Topher freaking out was weird.  I get this situation sucks, but he's usually about waiting the situation has been resolved, before he starts panicking.

Of course, Rick might be moving away.  No way Drew can have a functional relationship!

I love Topher, but that was weird.

And I just decided that Rick and Drew are my favorite tv couple while watching last night.  That'll teach me.

He wasn't an orderly, he was a Physicians Assistant,

Thanks Aliconehead, that does make more sense. Not a lot, but more! I guess I forgot he went to med school.

Every week one of the regulars on this show freaks and either shouts at/lectures some patient/visitor or gets physically violent with someone. What's up with that? I thought Drew rocked it this week, being in charge and all. And yeah, he and Rick are some nice eye candy. 

Laughed at Scott driving not a Lexus or Beamer but a rental. How can he afford that, though? Rentals are expensive. Plus I bet his insurance premium just went through the roof. (Not that any of that matters.)

• Love 1
(edited)
Laughed at Scott driving not a Lexus or Beamer but a rental. How can he afford that, though? Rentals are expensive. Plus I bet his insurance premium just went through the roof. (Not that any of that matters.)

I'm trying to remember in one of the early episodes when he was introduced but still working someplace else, he had his car pulled up where he was waiting for Jordan.  It struck me as silly because it was where ambulances would pull up and he's just hanging out there in, I thought, an expensive car - probably a douchemobile.

ETA:  OK, that was Grace Under Fire in season 1.  Can't tell what kind of car it is

450816654-grace-under-fire-episode-103-p

Edited by DeLurker

Yeah, that happened really quickly. So he goes from being the hospital administrator to some orderly to a doctor, all in one season? I guess his rotten ex-wife and snotty daughter can extort him for even more money now. Maybe now she can redo her quinceañera bigger and better.

I just wanted to slap the show for doing that.  I mean, I like Ragosa, and if that's how they want to keep him on the canvas, fine, and perhaps it's just because this is the part of the process I'm stuck in right now, but even in magic Night Shiftland where everything happens between 9 PM and 7 AM and only in San Antonio, it's just a bridge too far.

That's just not how this works.

Laughed at Scott driving not a Lexus or Beamer but a rental.

Wouldn't that be because he probably damaged whatever car he had in the accident?

So, last season, the penultimate episode ended with Topher in peril, after getting shot.  This season, it ends with Jordan suddenly collapsing and now might be in peril. I guess this is the show's gimmick.  Next season, it will either be Drew, Ragosa, or even T.C. himself, I guess.

The Night Shift really goes OTT with the personal tragedy stories. Not only have we had Topher shot and whatever's going on with Jordan (eclampsia? whatever it is, I'm betting she loses the baby), we've had Ragosa's brain tumor, Paul's hand, Topher's wife's dramatic delivery of twins, Rick losing his leg, TC's extreme PTSD, etc., all in the span of 22 episodes and (in show time) less than a year.

• Love 1
(edited)

Wouldn't that be because he probably damaged whatever car he had in the accident?

Well, yes, but I'd take that rental-car money and put it as a down payment on an old Chevy. Unless his insurance is paying to fix his Doctormobile and is also paying for the rental. So: Never mind!

(In the episode where Jordan's stalker trashed her car, Dr. Scott was driving some bright yellow sports job, like a Corvette but it was even more racy/more expensive. I don't think he was driving that same yellow car when he ran the stop sign though, when we saw the CC replay.)

I mean, I like Ragosa, and if that's how they want to keep him on the canvas, fine, and perhaps it's just because this is the part of the process I'm stuck in right now, but even in magic Night Shiftland where everything happens between 9 PM and 7 AM and only in San Antonio, it's just a bridge too far.

Yeah, and he passed his boards without even studying! Maybe you need to move to San Antonio, Starri, and get into that time warp going on down there. LOL!

Edited by saber5055

I love Drew and Rick, so glad they got back together. Please don't go to SC Rick!! 

I like the new Ragosa, but he must be pretty smart to pass his boards without studying!

Why has Krista gotten so bitchy lately? She was way out of line with that patient. We need Chavez back!

Yeah, and he passed his boards without even studying! Maybe you need to move to San Antonio, Starri, and get into that time warp going on down there. LOL!

It's not even just that.  Boards isn't one test, it's four, and he have to have sat for and passed three of them before he could do a residency.  Boards isn't a pass/fail thing; there's a minimum score to pass, but how well you do determines how competitive of a specialty you're able to land.  And you don't simply pass the boards and get hired by the hospital you want to work at, there's a whole convoluted process that would take me most of the day to explain.

"It would take me most of a day to explain how wrong this is" is practically the writers' favourite trope on this show.

Also, I think Tragic Convergence and Topher have kissed onscreen almost as frequently as Rick and Drew have.

• Love 1