Type keyword(s) to search

I'd Like To Thank the Academy... Someday: Awards, Nominations and Recognition

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Aren't these all fan picks though?  PCA Teen Choice most of these click bait  awards shows are mostly a bunch of fans that can spend 24 hours a day voting endlessly.  If Jared or Jensen or Misha or whoever isn't nominated it's because their fans didn't think it was a big enough deal to vote. So basically it's an award for the most fanatical fans.

I don't know the extent of producer interference in the PCA's (im sure there is some), but voting for the TCA's is pointless since regardless of votes, winners are allegedly picked by producers. 

It wouldnt' surprise me if the winners are already chosen.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

I don't know the extent of producer interference in the PCA's (im sure there is some), but voting for the TCA's is pointless since regardless of votes, winners are allegedly picked by producers. 

It wouldnt' surprise me if the winners are already chosen.

Yes, it depends on who the higher-ups want to push. No idea if WB want to push say a Riverdale actor more at this point. It's by far the most popular CW show in a certain demographic.

I remember when Supernatural won the BEST DRAMA - note, not fantasy/sci-fi, on the PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS and they didn't mention it on their TV show. But, of course, they mentioned the BEST COMEDY show. The fans were, rightly, highly insulted that Jensen or Jared was not on the show nor the show award shown/mentioned. This was in the early years, perhaps S4-S5?

• Love 1

Jared won the TCA for Choice SciFi TV actor. 

Choice Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actor (#ChoiceSciFiFantasyTVActor)
Aubrey Joseph – “Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger”
Bob Morley – “The 100”
Dominic Sherwood – “Shadowhunters”
Harry Shum Jr. – “Shadowhunters”
Jared Padalecki – “Supernatural” – WINNER
Ross Lynch – “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina”

• Love 1
9 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Jared won the TCA for Choice SciFi TV actor. 

Choice Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actor (#ChoiceSciFiFantasyTVActor)
Aubrey Joseph – “Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger”
Bob Morley – “The 100”
Dominic Sherwood – “Shadowhunters”
Harry Shum Jr. – “Shadowhunters”
Jared Padalecki – “Supernatural” – WINNER
Ross Lynch – “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina”

With the exception of Harry Shum Jr., who I know from Glee, I have literally never heard of anyone else on that list. I'm old. Get off my lawn.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 6/20/2019 at 1:33 PM, FlickChick said:

I remember when Supernatural won the BEST DRAMA - note, not fantasy/sci-fi, on the PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS and they didn't mention it on their TV show. But, of course, they mentioned the BEST COMEDY show. The fans were, rightly, highly insulted that Jensen or Jared was not on the show nor the show award shown/mentioned. This was in the early years, perhaps S4-S5?

It was during S7 and the next year the J's were presenters at the PCA's, mostly because of fan outrage.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

With the exception of Harry Shum Jr., who I know from Glee, I have literally never heard of anyone else on that list. I'm old. Get off my lawn.

Whereas I don't know who that is. Haha. I do know Bob Morley and Ross Lynch because I watch the 100 and Sabrina respectively.

The TCA are chosen by the producers, though, even if voting resulted in something else. I believe it even says so on the website.

edit: I see they pushed Riverdale in the "Drama" category.  Oy. It used to be Vampire Diaries that Warner Bros/CW pushed for the TCAs. Ian Somerhalder can build a small house from his. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Whereas I don't know who that is. Haha. I do know Bob Morley and Ross Lynch because I watch the 100 and Sabrina respectively.

The TCA are chosen by the producers, though, even if voting resulted in something else. I believe it even says so on the website.

edit: I see they pushed Riverdale in the "Drama" category.  Oy. It used to be Vampire Diaries that Warner Bros/CW pushed for the TCAs. Ian Somerhalder can build a small house from his. 

I guess even the teens know these awards are pr/producer driven. Ratings were an all-time low, not even 1m viewers. https://tvline.com/2019/08/12/teen-choice-awards-ratings-2019/

ETA: There's a comment on that article that makes sense. Their target audience doesn't watch tv, not when they have such access to the celebs through social media.

Wipeout!

Fox’s broadcast of the 2019 Teen Choice awards on Sunday night mustered just 721,000 total viewers along with a 0.2 demo rating, dropping 30 and 50 percent from last year to mark all-time lows for the serving up of celebrity surfboards.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
8 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I guess even the teens know these awards are pr/producer driven. Ratings were an all-time low, not even 1m viewers. https://tvline.com/2019/08/12/teen-choice-awards-ratings-2019/

ETA: There's a comment on that article that makes sense. Their target audience doesn't watch tv, not when they have such access to the celebs through social media.

Yes, I think fans of those actors rather follow them on twitter or insta instead of watching such shows. And fans of characters binge-watch the Seasons once they hit streaming. 

Yeah! That's my boy! 

Dean Winchester wins Favorite TV Character for Canadagraphs Awards.   Sam was 2nd and Castiel was 4th

https://canadagraphs.weebly.com/polls-and-awards-blog/best-of-tv-awar

ds-2019-winner-favorite-tv-character

The 2019 Best Of TV Awards winner in the category of Favorite TV Character is - DEAN WINCHESTER (portrayed by Jensen Ackles) "SUPERNATURAL".

This years winner for Favorite TV Character is Dean Winchester "Supernatural" with 146 votes. This is the 3rd consecutive, and 7th total wins for this character, and 4th consecutive, and 8th total for the show in this category.

Runner up is Sam Winchester "Supernatural" with 102 votes in his 9th finals appearance, this was his highest finish, previously finishing 4th on 4 different occasions in 2010, 2011, 2017, and 2018.
Third is Raymond Reddington "The Blacklist" with 87 votes. This was his best finish, after back to back 9th place finishes in 2018 & 2018 being his best previous finishes in his 5 consecutive finals appearances

Fourth is the 2016 winner Castiel "Supernatural" with 72 votes, up slightly from last years 5th place finish. This is his 10th consecutive finals, becoming only 1 of 2 characters to achieve this, along with Dean Winchester

Supernatural wins Favorite TV Show

• Love 7
7 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Hot fucking damn! Jensen wins Critics Choice  Award for Best Actor in a Horror or Fantasy show. Gotdam ,  I am so proud of our guy!

OMG me too! And so totally deserved after having to "take it or leave it" in the final season. Now this is called living one's best life. Congratulations Jensen! And the show he's moving onto cleaned up in their categories, which I was also happy to see.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, PAForrest said:

OMG me too! And so totally deserved after having to "take it or leave it" in the final season. Now this is called living one's best life. Congratulations Jensen! And the show he's moving onto cleaned up in their categories, which I was also happy to see.

What's cool is this is the inaugural event for these awards. Jensen will always be the 'first recipient' of his category. And he was the only winner from the CW. I believe he was awarded for his body of work as Dean Winchester, not this abomination of a season. Suck it, Andre Badd.

• Love 16
12 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Warner Bros posted congratulations on their Facebook page for Jensen and the other WB winners (Lovecraft, Kaley Cuoco). 

Same as this Tweet 

It appears the CW finally got off its ass to tweet congrats after the WB posted this. So, that's something.

• Love 4

I was glad to see that "Carry On My Wayward Son" won for best opening song. 😃 Also, Dean's death won 👿 for "Whaaaat! Are You Effing Kidding Me?: Biggest Plot Point Letdown." NO SHIT!!!  However poor Baby lost out to an imaginary chess set. 😥 Well, we won't have to worry about these next year for Supernatural.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, FlickChick said:

I was glad to see that "Carry On My Wayward Son" won for best opening song. 😃 Also, Dean's death won 👿 for "Whaaaat! Are You Effing Kidding Me?: Biggest Plot Point Letdown." NO SHIT!!!  However poor Baby lost out to an imaginary chess set. 😥 Well, we won't have to worry about these next year for Supernatural.

I nominated Dean's death in a few other categories as well, but a least it won this one (appropriately). It should've won saddest, too. 

• Love 3

Is anyone watching or voting in TVLine's "Best CW Show"? They have voting each day until the finale. I suspect the "final four" (like basketball) will be: Supernatural, Smallville, Vampire Diaries, Arrow. It should be a real competition for the title. Many posters think that Supernatual has it hands down, but I think that Smallville will give it a run for its money.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, FlickChick said:

Is anyone watching or voting in TVLine's "Best CW Show"? They have voting each day until the finale. I suspect the "final four" (like basketball) will be: Supernatural, Smallville, Vampire Diaries, Arrow. It should be a real competition for the title. Many posters think that Supernatual has it hands down, but I think that Smallville will give it a run for its money.

Voted...

Supernatural of course.

• Love 2