Type keyword(s) to search

Give The Devil His Due: Lucifer In The Media

I think it's  more like Fox realized  it's a terrible  idea to let the show run into June when ratings generally  drop after May through summer. It could maybe be a cost saving or buying production time given they're moving shooting locations. Not buying into whole "saving them for next season thing"... so they're  tossing 4 filler episodes into the next season  just because  they had and 18 episode  arc in mind? Doubt it.  That screws with next year's pacing more . 24 and APB are already lower than Lucifer  and Gotham Fox should  just pull them, let Gotham and Lucifer return before May then burn the rest of the other two off in June/July. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 2
(edited)

Uh? Now they're showing the stand-alone episodes in May? I thought it was an 18-episode arc and they were moving the stand-alone episodes to S3. I'm confused.

Edited by CheshireCat

Frankly I am more than a little frustrated. We have to endure this long hiatus only to find out that we get just 5 epsiodes in May. You get past that only to get this promo that shows next to nothing. Not sure what is going on with this show right now. But I really am not feeling any love for the fans

So, the show runners lovingly tendered an 18-episode arc (from the comments given at WonderCon); then Fox jacked them up with an extra 4 eps; then Fox said the extra 4 should be stand-alone eps that could go "anywhere".  That sounds like a ridiculous approach.  But, based on the Entertainment Weekly article, it sounds like the stand-alone eps will be the ones appearing in S3, and they get to end their original 18-ep order as they wanted to.  That's a relief.  I can't believe it's still 3+ weeks away.

• Love 1
On 4/2/2017 at 5:52 PM, ProudMary said:

Trailer for the second half of Season 2, Spring Premiere 5/1/17.

Every time I see Timothy Omundson in the flannel shirt with the beard, I legit laugh out loud. That is both the best and most unexpected casting ever!

Spoilers about the upcoming May 1st episode from TV Guide:
http://www.tvguide.com/news/lucifer-spoilers-fired/

Spoiler

When Lucifer resurfaces, he doesn't exactly receive a hero's welcome.  In the May 1 midseason premiere of Lucifer, Chloe (Lauren German) makes it clear that the titular hero (Tom Ellis) isn't welcome back in her life by giving him the boot -- not that Lucifer listens.

He returns to L.A. two weeks after saving Chloe's life and disappearing without any explanation and, despite his insistence to the contrary, he still has deep feelings for Chloe. And so, when Chloe fires him from the case of a murdered musician, Lucifer does everything in his power to worm his way back into Chloe's life -- everything except tell her the truth about why he left, of course.

But the biggest obstacle he'll face is the mysterious woman he brings home with him -- a woman who causes as much concern for Chloe as it does for Mom (Tricia Helfer)

• Love 4

I was reading about the upcoming possible writers strike, the article  I was reading was about the possible  impact to fall  premiers since summer shows are mostly all filmed (it was about late night and soap operas -most of which are already on the brink of vanishing- being the ones immediately  impacted and then the fall shows.) I'm  kind of dreading Lucifer  returning Monday incase there's  a huge drop  in ratings from the break.  However when reading about the strike I couldn't  help but think if there is a strike, holding those 4 episodes now could  possibly  (and accidentally) put it in the best shape of any of the fall shows.

• Love 1
On 4/26/2017 at 7:02 AM, johntfs said:

Tricia Helfer looks like she's about half a second away from going into full-on neck-snap mode.

Good observation. But she always look like that. In any show she is in!  

On 5/3/2017 at 4:13 PM, Bruinsfan said:

She seemed pretty earnest and non-deadly in her Supernatural guest appearance.

She was earnest, but still pretty deadly in that appearance since she was a ghost who would appear out of nowhere, startle motorists and tend to cause car accidents.  It was the thing that attracted the boys there in the first place.

On 6/19/2017 at 8:56 PM, enoughcats said:

On an Amazon Firestick ad tonight on American Ninja Warriors, the first fifteen seconds had one guy telling another to watch Lucifer.

Can we hope that the ad is effective?

The joke is that it's a priest recommending Lucifer to a penitent making his confession.

So,  I'm thinking Maze might be a bit of a non presence in the first few episodes,  unless they use the episodes from last season first to make up for Lesley's maternity leave. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Adorable kid, many congrats!

I guess they might spread them out through out the first episodes, removing/adding scenes so continuity isn't completely screwed. But assuming they might write her light for the first in production right now and that Maze had some good scenes in the missed four then we might not notice it that much. That said I hope LAB doesn't need Maze to be written light all season because her coming in to her own was one of my favourite parts of last season and it would be a shame to dial that back (from a purely selfish perspective of course). That said if she does or even if she doesn't, they have a lot of other characters who also came into their own in S2 to explore as well.

Edited by Featherhat

One (the only?) good thing about having the four "character-driven stand-alone" episodes already done is that it allows for the Comic-Con trailer to have all-new content, which is really rare this early in the filming season. I'm assuming that other than the shots of winged Lucifer, most of the rest of the scenes in the trailer are from those held-over eps. And the teasers they showed make me optimistic that those episodes are going to be worth the wait.

As for those episodes (spoiler'd for those who avoided the trailer):

Spoiler

Here's how I interpreted what I saw, in terms of the possible stand-alone episode plots:

• A drunken night at Lux with the gang making fun of Luci in absentia (though that could be part of the season premiere, too).
  • Amenadiel regaining (more of? all of?) his angelic nature -- surviving gunshots, going toe-to-toe with his brother.
  • The misadventures of Mazikeen Smith, Bounty Hunter (at a ski lodge? Cold day in hell...).
  • The Untold Story of Ella in Las Vegas.

Any different interpretations? Anything I missed/forgot?

Spoiler

"Any different interpretations? Anything I missed/forgot?"

The trailer (I think? or some preview anyway) showed Dan kissing Chloe while they're at work. When quizzed about it, one of the actors suggested it's either a flashback or a whole episode set in the past. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, wilnil said:

One (the only?) good thing about having the four "character-driven stand-alone" episodes already done is that it allows for the Comic-Con trailer to have all-new content, which is really rare this early in the filming season. I'm assuming that other than the shots of winged Lucifer, most of the rest of the scenes in the trailer are from those held-over eps. And the teasers they showed make me optimistic that those episodes are going to be worth the wait.

As for those episodes (spoiler'd for those who avoided the trailer):

Reveal hidden contents

Here's how I interpreted what I saw, in terms of the possible stand-alone episode plots:

• A drunken night at Lux with the gang making fun of Luci in absentia (though that could be part of the season premiere, too).
  • Amenadiel regaining (more of? all of?) his angelic nature -- surviving gunshots, going toe-to-toe with his brother.
  • The misadventures of Mazikeen Smith, Bounty Hunter (at a ski lodge? Cold day in hell...).
  • The Untold Story of Ella in Las Vegas.

Any different interpretations? Anything I missed/forgot?

Just based on the feel I got from the scene, I'd say that 

Spoiler

the scene where Lucifer is dressed in a white suit walking down the street is a flashback to when he first arrived in Los Angeles.

• Love 1

@retrograde, right, I forgot that scene. Thanks.

Spoiler

I'm inclined to go with "flashback/episode set in the past" as well, because IIRC, Chloe is in uniform in the scene.

@ProudMary, that could be. But oddly I got the opposite feel from that scene.

Spoiler

To me, it looked like present-day Luci being overjoyed to have his wings back, to the point of being (for him) giddy, and that's why he "flashed" them at the homeless man on the street.

Gonna be tough waiting until October to see which way they go!

and my worst nightmare for this show is now reality. A fucking love triangle? I wish Maz, Linda and Amendiel would spin off to their own show so I don't have to watch the stupid angst of Lucy in love.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

and my worst nightmare for this show is now reality. A fucking love triangle? I wish Maz, Linda and Amendiel would spin off to their own show so I don't have to watch the stupid angst of Lucy in love.

I'd like Lucifer to join the spin-off, too. I'd miss him if he weren't there. And Trixie, too.

Commenting on the first kiss Lucifer and Chloe shared, Henderson was claiming he likes to do things differently. Giving Chloe and functioning marriage with Dan and letting Lucifer be the fun, careless playboy that he is, now, that would have been different.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

Commenting on the first kiss Lucifer and Chloe shared, Henderson was claiming he likes to do things differently.

That's adorable that he thinks that, because really, there is nothing different about Lucy and Chloe. It's just a supernatural version of Castle. And now that we've suffered the standard OMG they bicker but they are totally in love storyline, we're going to get the whole she's with another guy and now he's super jealous storyline. Yay (but not yay)

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

That's adorable that he thinks that, because really, there is nothing different about Lucy and Chloe.

He was saying it because they went there that early and usually, shows continue with the will-they-won't-they for a few seasons. I'm not sure how one kiss this early and now a love triangle makes it any different though. If the two had taken up a relationship that early, then I would have seen his point.

Edited by CheshireCat
  • Love 1