Type keyword(s) to search

Minority Report - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This episode dragged and dragged.

Second ep in a row for me where I had trouble finishing and didn't care about the characters. I had to sit down four times to finish this episode. Still like the production values overall, and I *think* I like the central philosophical point around whether a crime not yet committed is a crime, but the show wanders around too much for me to maintain interest. Don't care about Vega's boss, and the three precogs should be fascinating but they aren't. vega and the one precog are OK, but really, what he is doing is kind of nuts, given he has no training or skills beyond his murder flashes (and he is doomed to a lifetime of those, so does he really plan to keep this up?). The show needs a plot line that makes me care about someone and give them the possibility of a better future.

He reminds me of a young Kurt Russell.

Nick Zano reminds me of a young Brad Pitt!

He's like the movie Benjamin Button in human form!

Nick+Zano+Cky2YsLQjyEm.jpgbrad-pitt--large-msg-13349490743.jpg

You obviously haven't seen Laura Prepon in Orange is the New Black!

jhlipton not sure if you were being sarcastic or not.  Laura is fine on OINTB but her performance as Donna on That 70's Show is the one of the worst ever recorded on television in my opinion.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

I'm not sure what Agatha's aim is, and I'm not that interested yet. I suppose I understand her suspicion of Vega, but you would think she'd know enough to understand that Vega is yet to be shown speaking in her vision, nor does it show her directly in relation to them in the milk bath. It's (presumably) them in the milk bath, a woman's voice that doesn't sound like Vega, then Vega kneeling down to look at something. We don't see her looking at them.  She can tell Tom Cruise's cousin every possible avenue he planned, but she can't parse her vision? Okay, show.

I still suspect the show planned to go in a different direction with Arthur and Agatha, and switched gears. It makes me regret seeing the leaked pilot, because it lingers in the back of my mind when I watch.         

The early episode interaction between Arthur and Dash was intriguing, mostly because I got to see their gift in tandem. 

Blake was wasn't skeevy this episode.  Shady yes, but thankfully not skeevy.

As for Dash exposing himself by being a civilian analyst...eh, I can't feel that sorry for him.  He's been fine with Vega risking her job and livelihood by working with him illegally.  Not to mention putting himself at risk.  He wants to help people, and he's willing to risk his anonymity to do it.  They're both willingly taking the risk, so I see no coercion by either character.

I don't understand the whole civilian analyst thing, but at least it's a practical cover for them working closely together. To me, the risk of him being outed is the same - it's not like if he were caught while Vega partnered with him illegally, anyone looking to exploit the pre-cogs would be like, "Oh, you're a private citizen! We'll leave you alone then!"     

I'm glad she told Akeela, since it allows for more Lara/Akeela interaction.    

I want to love this show, but the plot keeps getting in the way of my enjoyment on the characters.  I find the idea of someone dealing with psychic visions and having to rejoin the real world having spent most of his life locked up with no real interaction with people, and I really enjoyed the opening with Dash and Arthur hanging out and acting like brothers.  But then the procedural stuff comes in and takes away from the fun character bits.  It was a better mystery than last weeks, but as soon as they showed the psychiatrist has machines that can manipulate people's brains I couldn't understand how any police officer with even a bit of intelligence wouldn't go "Gee, a guy acting out of character and overly aggressive, maybe his doctor hit the wrong button on his last brain fix" well before reaching the point of the guy trying to hang himself.  

I liked Agatha more this week, with her being creepy and the man she manipulated saying people thought she was a witch, but I'm a bit confused by the island itself.  I had been assuming it was a deserted island that the government used to hide the precogs after shutting their program down, but it's actually an island with other people who are trying to hide from the government?  The biggest problem I have with her storyline is that I think anyone who's seen or read any story with psychics ever should realize that the terrible being put in the milk bath vision she's having is either false, or since they can't see their own future, it's going to turn out the precogs volunteer to go back in because they get flashes of something major and know they need to work together to stop it.  

I am interested enough in what will happen with Dash actually working with the police, and the possibilities opened up by having Akeela in on the secret to keep watching for now, especially since if the ratings keep slipping it might not be around that much longer.

The CotW still aren't thrilling me, but I do like the interaction between Dash and Vega, so I'll stick with it for as long as it lasts. I'm also happy that Akeela is becoming more involved.

I don't understand why Dash's visions are so painful, but Arthur doesn't seem affected by them.

... Laura is fine on OINTB but her performance as Donna on That 70's Show is the one of the worst ever recorded on television in my opinion.

ITA. She was horrid on That 70's Show. I never got the appeal of her looks as Hot Donna either.

• Love 1

As for Dash exposing himself by being a civilian analyst...eh, I can't feel that sorry for him.  He's been fine with Vega risking her job and livelihood by working with him illegally.  Not to mention putting himself at risk.  He wants to help people, and he's willing to risk his anonymity to do it.  They're both willingly taking the risk, so I see no coercion by either character.

I think that was so they could have them work with each other more openly than before but I'm not sure why they didn't just do that from the get go.

I really like this show.  I'm glad they let Akeela in on the secret.  Arthur and Agatha both seem to be Jaded and amoral while Dash is sweet and optimistic. I like all three though and am interested to see how each one continues to play their hand.

After seeing Kyle Howard on here and Jordana Spiro last week on Blindspot I really miss My Boys.

• Love 2

That's where I know Kyle Howard! I knew he looked familiar, but I couldn't place him.

I think that was so they could have them work with each other more openly than before but I'm not sure why they didn't just do that from the get go.

I suppose to establish some conflict.  But at least they remedied this early.  I can't imagine several episodes of them sneaking around, especially if Dash kills someone again.  He doesn't have the best impulse control.  

I don't understand why Dash's visions are so painful, but Arthur doesn't seem affected by them.

I think because Dash is the empath of the twins - it's like he's temporarily placed in the body of the victim during his visions. The lurching and gasping is getting old already, though I'm sure it's tough to portray that convincingly every time.  

Not sure how Dash isn't brain damaged during the extraction, though, given how painful it looks.  That's partially why the tech's self-righteous snark annoys me a bit because HELLO, you willingly and knowingly participated in the captivity of the pre-cogs.  Who gives a damn you were nice to them while they were basically imprisoned against their will.  Shut the hell up, tech guy.  

Heh, too true.

And yeah, I'm getting really tired of the seizures. It's also pretty unbelievable to me that Dash would be walking around by himself without some aid or safeguards when he's having daily intense seizures.

At least Sands is playing Dash as a bit more collected now. He was far too childlike for my liking before.

I suppose to establish some conflict.  But at least they remedied this early.  I can't imagine several episodes of them sneaking around, especially if Dash kills someone again.  He doesn't have the best impulse control.

I guess, but it was only like 2-3 episodes anyway.

Dash joining the force as a "Hawk-Eye analyst" seems risky as hell, and it will probably end with Blake figuring out their game, but I do like that it led to Vega telling Akeela the truth.  Was getting tired of her lying and dodging her, so I'm hoping this will change things around 

next week's previews did show Akeela with everyone at Wally's lair, so that's a good thing.

I still find the cases of the week to be boring, but I did enjoy this one a little bit more, thanks to the suicide twist, and it being populated with recognizable faces like Derek Webster, David Nyki, and Jessica Camacho.

Always good seeing William Mapother, but I still find Agatha and her entire plot to be boring as hell.  Mainly because it is so obvious that her vision will end up being true on some levels, but untrue in the sense that Vega is betraying them.  And more then likely the vision will only end up happening because of her and Arthur's meddling.

I was amused at the beginning with the whole self-driving cars and stuff, because in theory that sounds awesome, but after Extant this summer, I learned that the entire concept of that could actually end very, very badly.  I guess either way, you're kind of playing with fire.  Right now, it's the chance of a regular person screwing up.  In the future, it could either be the computer fritzing out on you or some evil hacker taking over.  Driving is so hard!

Edited by thuganomics85

Meagan Goode doesn't have Resting Bitch Face; she has Resting I Smell Poo Face. That alone may overcome the Dash&Arthur hotness and make me stop watching.

I noticed this too - especially when she was getting the news about Hawkeye. Her facial read tion did not match her thought process at all.

This show succeeds at being extremely average. Everything is as cliche I've heard a thousand times before. There were a few funny moments but they rush through everything so much you never have time to really enjoy them. I would like to see more of that humour incorporated so that this can be more than just another cop procedural.

I also find the whole Hawkeye thing confusing. What is the point of civilian analyst? Wouldn't there be a huge legal battle with putting ordinary people without police training in dangerous situations (especially as they are employees receiving some monetary benefit? And why would the cop be choosing their analyst? For such a potentially dangerous job, where people with no training are doing these things, shouldn't a thorough background check and a real interview (not that lame interview we saw) be done? Furthermore how could MG's character think that's a good idea? That's only going to further raise suspicions?

This show has some potential (though not in the ratings - it's the lowest rated show currently between Fox, ABC, NBC, and cbs, and it's dropped every week) but it just isn't well-executed or well thought out.

• Love 1

Here's what I was replying to -- the cast (in other roles), as opposed to on That 70's Show itself:

I actually don't mind Fez in the role but I always thought Wilmer (along with Topher Grace) were the most talented of the cast of That 70's Show.

jhlipton not sure if you were being sarcastic or not.  Laura is fine on OINTB but her performance as Donna on That 70's Show is the one of the worst ever recorded on television in my opinion.

ITA. She was horrid on That 70's Show. I never got the appeal of her looks as Hot Donna either.

I'll just talk about the teens, since Kurtwood Smith and Debra Jo Rupp acted rings around everyone else..[NOTE that this is all opinion.  Your milage will certainly vary!].

Topher Grace -- I haven't seen anything he's been in (even though it's a lot), so I can't tell how talented he's become.
Mila Kunis -- Got raves in Black Swan.  She seems to be doing very well.
Ashton Kutcher -- Not an actor.  Never will be.
Danny Masterson -- Seems to be doing character work.  Nothing wrong with that, but doesn't show a lot of range
Laura Prepon -- Based only on OITNB, I'd say she seems to be a bit less talented than Kunis, but still very good.
Wilmer Valderrama -- I didn't realize that Blake was "Fez" until I read it somewhere.  I'd say that he's doing pretty well.

Here's what I was replying to -- the cast (in other roles), as opposed to on That 70's Show itself:

I actually don't mind Fez in the role but I always thought Wilmer (along with Topher Grace) were the most talented of the cast of That 70's Show.

Replied on the Cast thread.

Not only is he the empath, but he's the one who sees the murders.

I think you're talking about 2 completely different things though.

There's 3 elements here.

1)  Who were the most talented actors on That 70's Show at the time of the show?  My argument is Topher and Wilmer.  Mila was only 14 when she started on the show, and Laura was atrocious.  Danny was fine.  Ashton was hilarious, in my opinion, the third most talented.

2)  Who is the most talented actor of the entire cast, today?  (If their talent has somehow grown since That 70's Show).  That's up to anyone's subjectivity and they all have such a range of acting projects after to evaluate.  Some acted a lot, some didn't.  

3)  Who is the most successful , WORKING actor of the cast today?  Wilmer and Laura are on TV shows.  Mila has acted in actual films; 1 film was recognized by the Academy.  Ashton is probably the most famous of all but because of Twitter and past relationships.  The amount of projects has not that much to do with talent in my opinion.  Has to do with their agents, their desire to act above all else, their ability to self promote, to network, to get cast, etc.

Obviously, this is all subjective, but because this is how I see things, is why I disagree with you on each actor.  Because I spent 7-8 years watching That 70's Show, that's where the majority of my opinions on their talent come from.  And I say Wilmer and Topher are the most talented (it was a sitcom after all, and they both had the ability to make me laugh with every single line delivery).  Ashton next (I see that you say he's "not an actor".  But to me he is very comedically talented).  Then Mila.  Then Danny and Laura.  Laura is lucky she found a role that works for her on OINTB and I can see that she's grown in terms of acting.  But she's not great, or even that good in my opinion.  She does fine.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

This show succeeds at being extremely average. Everything is as cliche I've heard a thousand times before. There were a few funny moments but they rush through everything so much you never have time to really enjoy them. I would like to see more of that humour incorporated so that this can be more than just another cop procedural.

That about sums it up.

I love how they dress Akeela, the discordant colors and shapes.  She's eye-popping.  

I just kind of let my brain go bye-bye for a while.  The way the Massero case played out really reminded me of the way the precog visions were manipulated in the movie.  It's important that they caught the feel of that here.  

• Love 1

[Agatha] can tell Tom Cruise's cousin every possible avenue he planned, but she can't parse her vision? Okay, show.   

I believe it was mentioned (the movie? this show?)  that the precogs can't see their own future.   So Agatha must be seeing Vega's or the twins' future.   Maybe because she's a part of it, it muddies it up...

She was shown to be very good at seeing the immediate future in the movie, during her abduction/escape with Detective Anderton.

Of course it's all a mess anyway because they said the precogs see murders and not suicides because of the "quantum nature of the murderer / victim" technobabble, but they seem to see other stuff anyway (Arthur getting the name of the female jogger and his whole betting racket, Agatha and ... everything she sees....)

Edited by jcin617

I thought it was Dash that couldn't see his own future, but maybe that applies to all of them. 

I just watched the film again last night, and you're right, she was good at seeing the immediate future. Agreed that the precognition gift is as muddled and plot contrived in the film as it is on the show. 

I thought it was Dash that couldn't see his own future, but maybe that applies to all of them.

I just watched the film again last night, and you're right, she was good at seeing the immediate future. Agreed that the precognition gift is as muddled and plot contrived in the film as it is on the show.

I thought so too since Dash was supposed to be the weakest of the 3, but the tv show pretty much muddles up the precogs for the procedural elements.

Oh gods, that bit where they had Dash explain to his brother that they were both drug babies and that he saw the crimes while his brother got the names. In case Arthur had forgotten. Ouch. That was the worst piece of lazy, awkward exposition I have seen in years.

The writing on this show continues to suck. I really want to like it. I love the future stuff. Loved the 'if you were in your sixties, this would be called a midlife crisis' line. But something is still not quite working here.

I can't remember such a combination of my thinking "ooh, this show sounds interesting" and critics just absolutely savaging it.  I still checked out the first ten minutes of the pilot, wondering "how bad could it be?" and found that I didn't think it was so bad!  But then I read the AV Club review in which it is said that this is the only good part of the show, so I guess I will probably just give up given that it's DOA anyway.

I would totally watch a highlight reel just of the future tech, though--I love that kind of stuff.

Oh gods, that bit where they had Dash explain to his brother that they were both drug babies and that he saw the crimes while his brother got the names. In case Arthur had forgotten. Ouch. That was the worst piece of lazy, awkward exposition I have seen in years.

That opener almost made me turn off the computer - good thing I didn't, because the rest of that scene turned out to be the most well-acted scene of the entire show up to that point.

The "introduction of Hawk Eye" sequence, however, was the exact opposite:

Vilmer Valderrama was delivering his lines as if he has no concept of the natural flow of the English language whatsoever. There were mid-sentence pauses and nonsense accentuation that sounded exactly like EFL/ESOL students who have to sight-read a text that's well above their current skill level. Since his English is fine when he speaks as himself, he either needs to rehearse with a dialogue coach before taping, or his MR lines need to be rewritten into something he can actually deliver in a way that make it conceivable that this guy is a retired USMC officer and a police lieutenant.

Meagan Good was overacting throughout the scene, but worst of all in her medium close ups and close ups during reaction shots. That was a throwback all the way back to leaked-pilot levels of bad performance.

On the other hand, there were a handful of scenes where she absolutely, positively surprised me - Vega's little rant at Dash about no seeking psychological treatment regarding her father's death was very well done. I'm starting to think that Good is best when the emphasis of a scene is firmly on the dialogue.

And while I'm handing out deserved praise - it was an almost negligibly tiny moment, but Dash's reaction to Artur telling him about Agatha's vision was a superb bit of acting on Stark Sands' part.

In the space of about ten seconds and while Zano's got the dialogue, you can see his face go through a seamlessly natural transition from the initial angry scepticism of 'is this guy trying to manipulate me again?', through injured betrayal while questioning his own trust in Vega and finally, while his brother is throwing his own thoughts in his face - "your new 'friend' is gonna betray us!" you see him make the decision to put it all aside for the moment and side with Vega for the time being - tentative at first ("no way") and then visibly determined ("Vega wouldn't do that.") while still clearly grappling with the doubt his brother just put in him.

That little moment was great - no underacting, no overacting, no dramatic hand gestures and FOR ONCE on this show no unnecessary dialogue - just a well-executed close up.Good to see the actor's still got it. On the other hand, he gave what was arguably the best performance of his career to date in a show where the only way to safely tell 20 buff, young white male actors apart was their faces, seeing how they were all constantly dressed in a veritable mountain of identical battle gear, radio head sets and helmets...

All in all though, the atrocious writing is what ruins the show in my opinion. I'm wondering if and how they'll be able to wrap up the plot with three episodes less to work with, now that the series order has been cut from 13 to 10. Fox also seems to start airing episodes out of order again, as what is now scheduled to be aired as the 6th episode is titled 'Fiddler's Green' - which according to the production notes is actually the 7th episode, while the title of the original 6th episode was 'Honor Among Thieves'.

Edited by Pointer

Yes, that's why I'm hanging in there with the show.  It has its problems, and unfortunately, the ratings aren't there.  But I wish it were doing better in the ratings so it could find its footing.  A show set in the future with a diverse MAIN cast is rather uncommon. Who knows when I'll see that again. I liked that, in the scene with where they explained Hawkeye, we saw how much of the police staff was diverse as well.

• Love 3

In addition to the precogs' captivity, was there a secret government program that took unsuspecting young Vega and transplanted Gigi Hadid's eyebrows onto her face for nefarious reasons?  I saw someone mention them in a previous post and now it's all I can see.  

Other than that, I like large swathes of this episode. I wish the show was just about Dash, Arthur and Agatha's lives, with some government agenda mythology in the background, rather than crimes of the week. 

Other than that, I like large swathes of this episode. I wish the show was just about Dash, Arthur and Agatha's lives, with some government agenda mythology in the background, rather than crimes of the week.

It would've made more sense to focus more on the precogs.

• Love 1

Ah, the first episode after the announcement of it more or less being canceled!  I always enjoy those moments because I know that it is doomed, and it really doesn't matter at this point.  No need to get my hopes up or anything!

Even all cleaned up and shaved, I totally saw a lot of The Walking Dead's Gareth in Andrew J. West's character.  The dude is just always going to be that creep to me. But, hey, that worked here.  I can totally buy that an arrogant billionaire would have similar qualities to a cannibal cult leader.

This episode sure did double down on Meagan Good eye-candy.  Not only was she showing as much cleavage as possible at the party, there was even that shot of her pouring tea, where the camera was practically zooming in on her breasts.  Not that I'm complaining.  

I guess Dash's awkward charm can work on some women.  Even if the woman ends up trying to kill someone for what he did to her sister.  Still counts!

Akeela and Wally meeting up did make me sad, because I was kind of digging those two interactions, and I am slightly bummed that will probably not be much of that left.

Still bored with Agatha, although Arthur was a bit more fun in this one.

Yeah, I'm super-interested in cold-blooded Agatha. I couldn't have cared less about Dash's new girlfriend and her dead sister and whatever else transpired in that plot.

• Love 2

I couldn't have cared less about Dash's new girlfriend and her dead sister and whatever else transpired in that plot.

Dash seemed really stupid, she basically handed him a motive for murder and he was entirely blind to that.

Yeah, Dash is kinda dumb, but very cute. He's like a golden lab puppy. I just want to take him home.

I actually really liked this episode, I'm sad that this is essentially dead in the water.

Wow, Meaghan Goode looked amazing in that dress.

• Love 1

Tonight's show was just straight up boring. The only thing that was semi interesting was Agatha's scheme.

Meghan looked gorgeous though and at least Dash had sex. Was that his first time? The way he was acting, completely dumb, made me think so.

I really can't blame FOX for leaning towards certain cancellation on this. The show is just lukewarm, barely an okay watch. I don't know what they could've done to draw more people in besides better writing because it seems as if there wasn't a whole lot of people even tuning in to see what it was about to begin with. Perhaps they waited too long to do a TV show about this?

Anyway, I'll probably stick around until the proverbial ax falls.

• Love 1

To bad about the certain cancellation because out of the three procedural premiers - Quantico, Minority Report and Blindspot - I like Minority the best. Blindspot bored me to death and Quantico is just a bad "who's done it" mystery that has barely any character development outside shock value and a Marie Sue for a lead.

For me Agatha continues to slay. She is one cold-hearted bitch. I agree with the sentiment that the show should have centered on the precogs more.

Edited by tanita
  • Love 3

I have no strong feelings on Lieutenant Fez one way or the other, but I think might be interesting if it turns out he's actually a rogue agent opposed to Precrime/Procogs/Hawkeye from a moral perspective and is out to destroy Big Brother from the inside.  Who then is the hero of the story?

Is it appropriate for me to ask somebody in this thread to explain the Agatha stuff to me?  But really slowly though.

I'd love to explain it, but I've no idea what they're trying to convey.  I mean, for all of the "Don't trust Vega" stuff, I'm wondering if I'm supposed to see Agatha as the ultimate culprit to their eventual milkbath return? That's kind of where I am at the moment. 

I don't mind the procedural aspect of the show so far because it's not gotten repetitive - yet.  I actually think the show has gotten a little better with each episode, but I also think there are two serious miscasts that disrupt the cast chemistry. One of them being Valderrama - it's like he's on another show, and keeps stumbling onto this set. His line readings are commonly off, and he's unnecessarily skeevy towards Meagan Good (as Lara).  Surely, that can't be intentional.  

The other one is Nick Zano. He has that Christopher Lambert gaze going on, and it's not at all appealing. And for someone who is supposed to be the more socially developed brother, the "bad boy," his opening scene with the woman was the epitome of awkward. I see nothing sexy about the guy, and in truth, Stark Sands is more attractive to me, especially when he's not doing the bug-eyed, "I have socially arrested development" schtick. To me, his best moments are more subtle.  It makes me wonder what he would have done as Arthur. 

Thank goodness for the wrist thingie - we don't have to be subjected to the OTT convulsing as much.  That's probably 50% of the reason I liked this episode. I enjoy the Akeela, Lara, and Arthur, and Wally interactions and chemistry. I especially appreciate Akeela's antagonism towards Wally, because he annoys me.  We also got clued into why she has the tattoo, which was interesting.

Edited by ribboninthesky1
To bad about the certain cancellation because out of the three procedural premiers - Quantico, Minority Report and Blindspot - I like Minority the best.

ITA. I really like the chemistry of the characters on this show. This show also seems to be trying to actually tell a story instead of just throwing around stupid plot points for the shock factor. Agatha is cold blooded, but I like it.  Dash is very adorable and I hope he took the lenses out while he was doing the deed or that Vega at least looked away, but somehow I don't think either happened... 

• Love 1

I'd love to explain it, but I've no idea what they're trying to convey.  I mean, for all of the "Don't trust Vega" stuff, I'm wondering if I'm supposed to see Agatha as the ultimate culprit to their eventual milkbath return? That's kind of where I am at the moment. 

The other one is Nick Zano. He has that Christopher Lambert gaze going on, and it's not at all appealing. And for someone who is supposed to be the more socially developed brother, the "bad boy," his opening scene with the woman was the epitome of awkward. I see nothing sexy about the guy, and in truth, Stark Sands is more attractive to me, especially when he's not doing the bug-eyed, "I have socially arrested development" schtick. To me, his best moments are more subtle.  It makes me wonder what he would have done as Arthur. 

I love the idea that Agatha will eventually get them re-milkbathed despite (or because of) her efforts to prevent it.  The other possibility is are we (or Agatha) sure that the three people in the milkbath are her and her brothers?  Maybe it's attempt to re-do the program with three new subjects?  Or some people who want precognition and this is how they plan to get it (presumably without staying in the milkbath)?

I really enjoy Nick Zano's Arthur. I've never seen NZ in anything before, but I'm liking his marginally adult fratboy vibe in this role- because I can see how that would be an easy persona for fresh off the island Arthur to observe and mimic. I actually thought the extremely awkward sexytimes scene was a great character touch, especially the mumbled "sorry." He's got a patina of social skills but he's still a dysfunctional mess. It must be exhausting to keep up the appearances of fitting in while never having the time or security to actually learn or develop anything deeper.

It's a shame I'm just discovering this show and its possibilities just before it's cancelled.

• Love 1

I love the idea that Agatha will eventually get them re-milkbathed despite (or because of) her efforts to prevent it.  The other possibility is are we (or Agatha) sure that the three people in the milkbath are her and her brothers?  Maybe it's attempt to re-do the program with three new subjects?  Or some people who want precognition and this is how they plan to get it (presumably without staying in the milkbath)?

I've also wondered if it's actually the three precogs in the milkbath, since the image is obscure. Still, the show (and film) went out of its way to distinguish these three as special, so I'd be surprised if there are other precogs out there. I like the theory of people wanting precognition, but I don't know how the show would get there.     

I really enjoy Nick Zano's Arthur. I've never seen NZ in anything before, but I'm liking his marginally adult fratboy vibe in this role- because I can see how that would be an easy persona for fresh off the island Arthur to observe and mimic. I actually thought the extremely awkward sexytimes scene was a great character touch, especially the mumbled "sorry." He's got a patina of social skills but he's still a dysfunctional mess. It must be exhausting to keep up the appearances of fitting in while never having the time or security to actually learn or develop anything deeper.

Thing is, why wouldn't Arthur have the time? He's presumably wealthy and hiding in plain sight.  He doesn't appear to be empathetic, so he doesn't have to worry about suffering the equivalent of a Grand Mal seizure while going about his day.  I thought his personality juxtaposed against Dash's, not so much a persona for him. Still, it's interesting to read a different take on Arthur.  

• Love 1

I don't think you are far off from thinking that it's all going to be Agatha's fault or that she is somehow behind it. The woman clearly has a God complex and I can understand why - Arthur sees names, Dash sees bits and peaces but she gets everything, a very clear picture. She can apparently see different futures based on you choices (the people that guy would visit fro help in the last episode), from simple day to day stuff, to very specific events like murders. That must make her feel very superior. She is very confident and very manipulative. She likes to be in control.

As for Arthur, I think part of the persona he gives of is a front. I don't think he has it all so put together as he likes to present.

The main problem is the female lead. We know next to nothing about her or her as a person except that her dad died and that is why she anted to be a cop.

Edited by tanita
  • Love 1

I've also wondered if it's actually the three precogs in the milkbath, since the image is obscure. Still, the show (and film) went out of its way to distinguish these three as special, so I'd be surprised if there are other precogs out there. I like the theory of people wanting precognition, but I don't know how the show would get there.     

Thing is, why wouldn't Arthur have the time? He's presumably wealthy and hiding in plain sight.  He doesn't appear to be empathetic, so he doesn't have to worry about suffering the equivalent of a Grand Mal seizure while going about his day.  I thought his personality juxtaposed against Dash's, not so much a persona for him. Still, it's interesting to read a different take on Arthur. 

I meant time in the sense that most people develop their personalities and how they present themselves to the world over the course of years, while growing up and through all their experiences while Arthur (and Dash, although he seems to be taking a different and probably emotionally healthier route) had to decide on and present an adult face to the world as soon as he left the island. And security in the sense that he's as terrified as Dash and Agatha of going back, so making mistakes in social cues or otherwise leaving himself vulnerable to being found out is not something he would want to do, although making mistakes and learning from them is how normal people do learn and grow.  That said, I agree with you that he and Dash have fundamentally different personalities, which informs how they've interacted with the world.

The main problem is the female lead. We know next to nothing about her or her as a person except that her dad died and that is why she anted to be a cop.

We also know she has a little brother, born when her mom turned 60! And that she thinks Beyonce is classic, in terms of music, heh.  

Agatha was the most gifted of the three in the film, and is apparently the strongest precog on the show.  But her gift also seems to be the most inconsistently portrayed.  As I mentioned in an earlier thread, if she's powerful enough to perceive a person's future based on a myriad of choices a person COULD make, then what's the big mystery behind the milkbath vision? It was reiterated in this episode that Dash can't see his own future, but it's yet to be clarified if that holds true for Agatha.   

As an aside, I wonder who the hot "Councilor" was at the rich dude's party? I'm okay with seeing more of him, show. Please and thank you. 

I do think an episode misstep was Lara seemingly let Dash slide on the Freddie/Ricki escape.  No, she didn't murder the rich kid, but she still shot him.  She should have been in handcuffs right along with him.  But alas, Dash Jr was apparently making the decisions in this episode. 

I meant time in the sense that most people develop their personalities and how they present themselves to the world over the course of years, while growing up and through all their experiences while Arthur (and Dash, although he seems to be taking a different and probably emotionally healthier route) had to decide on and present an adult face to the world as soon as he left the island. And security in the sense that he's as terrified as Dash and Agatha of going back, so making mistakes in social cues or otherwise leaving himself vulnerable to being found out is not something he would want to do, although making mistakes and learning from them is how normal people do learn and grow.  That said, I agree with you that he and Dash have fundamentally different personalities, which informs how they've interacted with the world.

Oh, I understand your point now.  I can't remember how long it's been since they were released, but I got the impression that Arthur had been...re-assimilated, sort of, to society for a while before Dash made his move back to D.C. 

Edited by ribboninthesky1