Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Y'all Come Back Now, Y'hear?

scrb
  • Start Topic

This is the only Bravo show I'm currently watching.  Only heard about it because Cameran from Real World San Diego is in it.

Some of the cast members have been a hoot.

It purports to show the elite in South Carolina (Charleston) so maybe a good pairing with Party Down South.

Or maybe not.

I converted the show request into the Small Talk thread for the show -- a social thread and not generally for specific show discussion.

Please feel free to start new threads for characters, episodes, media mentions, actors, etc.

If you (collectively) would like to change/add the name of the Small Talk thread jokey bit just figure it out amongst yourselves and then email david@previously.tv and he'll change it.

I think Shep is going for winsome. When I look at him, all I can think of is toothsome. And Nancy Kerrigan meets Blue Lagoon boy. His teeth are so distracting.

Jenna's aren't much better.  Maybe her 50 year old benefactor (I mean boyfriend) can pop for Invislign.  She's fangtastic.  Between the jacked up teeth, the drunken Edward Scissorshand hair, the Like A Virgin Madonna glove, Jenna looks like a malfunction of the Weird Science computer.

I like Kathryn despite her Raggedy Ann hair.  I do wish she'd globe trot instead of screwing every male cast member.  TRav is 52 honey - an overgrown frat boy who talks about himself in the 3rd person by a ridiculous nickname.  Live a little girl.

Cameran is very pretty.  She seems to be the announcer and not a participant.  Very smart to keep her real personal life off screen.

Whitney looks like Mickey Dolenz love child with Sonny Bono.  His mom is trying too hard.  So banal.  Isn't she from NY?  What's with the drawl?

Craig (yawn).

MJ / Danni.  I think they didn't get a copy of the script.

Loving the scenery so far.

• Love 2

You guys, I just got a call to fill in for a coworker for a trade show in...CHARLESTON!  I feel pretty sure I can find T Rav's house easily, I'll just look for the one with the half empty glass of bourbon on the windowsill.

Small talk threads are typically intended for "getting to know one another" conversations. If you're planning to talk about the show, the General Discussion thread or individual episode threads are the more appropriate area. Thanks, y'all! 

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

I was at Target by 9:30 yesterday morning (the line launch) and they were already sold out. Everyone was all frantic, "Where's the Lilly?!" I heard the salespeople saying that people were lined up outside before they opened and it was crazy.

I just saw that on the news -- the clothes are already on eBay for "hundreds". Why would you spend hundreds on eBay when you could buy the better-quality Lilly Pulitzer for that price or less? People are so crazy.

• Love 3

I really don't get what the point was of having the limited edition collection and then not replenishing it. Is that to justify having much higher prices when they do come back?

It's how Target always does these designer collections. They are a one and done thing no matter how well they sell.

Next time I'm at Target I'm gonna have to check for this Lilly Pulitzer stuff. I live in kind of a bumblefuck kind of area, so I'm not sure how well some of that stuff would sell. I don't see many chicks that fit that demographic (hell, I'm not even one, too preppy for me).

I know he's no Shep or T-Rav, but today I saw Joe Gorga from RHNJ in Dunkin Donuts. He ordered a "medium regular" and was wearing a BLK water t-shirt. He was talking on his phone and I was posting on FB how he was there, so then when we each grabbed our orders and headed in opposite directions, we almost crashed into each other. I said excuse me, and he didn't say anything but just made eye contact like he was waiting for me to request a picture or something, which I did not do, lol.

• Love 3

I am good friends with his wife's uncle and aunt, who sometimes appear on the show. I did the wedding cake for uncle/aunt and I'm pretty sure they were there. This was years ago, before this show was even thought of.

I'm excited for the cast trip to Jekyll Island. I was there for work a few years ago and fell in love. The southeast coastal areas are just fantastic. Of course I exclude Florida from that statement, lol.

• Love 1

I have a cousin who lives in St. Augustine and I found it very pretty there. We could take our dogs to the beach, even though Scooby wanted no part of the waves. I've been to Daytona once, when it wasn't race season or bikers week. It was OK. Found some beautiful starfish there.

Dad used to have a condo in Panama City Beach. It was the most over-commercialized place, with all the drunk college kids. He'd bought there because Myrtle Beach had become that way. By the time it started getting bad, he sold his. He used to rent it to a Canadian couple during the winter for 6 months, then they decided to stop coming down there due to the craziness.

• Love 1

St. Augustine is lovely! Or it was the unnamed amount of years ago I honeymooned there. I lived along the Gulf Coast area for a few years and the beaches there some of the best I've ever seen (and this is coming from a former Navy wife who's lived on both coasts and Hawaii).

• Love 2

I love St. Augustine from a historical standpoint and it really is beautiful there.  In addition its lighthouse is one of my favorites to climb.

But basically I hate the beach.  There, I said it!  I live in Florida and despise all things beach, especially the sun!

• Love 2

I stay out of the sun, a few skin cancer surgeries under my belt have caused me to stay covered or under one of those canopy tent things. That said, one of the stops on our Stalking Shep Tour is the beach. I think it's near where the summer rental house on the show is located.

Big hat, umbrella, long-sleeved swim-shirt and SPF 100....that's me at the beach! I do love the beach and I love to swim but the sun and I do not get along and I look ridiculous covered head to toe. I'm so pale I glow. I've told my husband I need a swim burka. On the plus side most folks think I'm about 10-12 years younger than I really am...on the minus, I have insanely low vitamin D levels, have blood tests every 6 months and take ridiculous amounts of supplements. Total love/hate affair with the sun.

• Love 1

On the plus side most folks think I'm about 10-12 years younger than I really am...on the minus, I have insanely low vitamin D levels, have blood tests every 6 months and take ridiculous amounts of supplements.

We must be twins as I'm often thought to be 10 - 12 years younger than I am and I have a severe vitamin D deficiency, and take a prescription 50,000 IU caplet of it weekly.

• Love 1

Wow, I don't have nearly the issues with sun that you guys do-I just avoid it in order to keep myself from resembling a fine leather handbag when I'm older.  I like the beach okay, I guess, I don't really plan beach vacations at all-I'm into historic and educational activities on vacation-Europe, etc.  Sitting on a beach, even if I'm reading a great book, is boring to me after a day, and I'm not a huge fan of being in the water, so snorkeling and scuba are not appealing to me either.  I like being on boats, though.  THAT is awesome.  LOL

• Love 3

Question for you Southern Charm fans: If we at PTV sold a t-shirt or something, and you'd want one with a saying on it that embodies this show, would you buy one? What would you like it to say?

"I'm a Shameless Strumpet!" or "I (heart) Shep!"

Give me your ideas!

I don't really plan beach vacations at all-I'm into historic and educational activities on vacation-Europe, etc.  

That was me in Ireland last June.  Oh, and that pub crawl I did my first night in Dublin was very educational :)

• Love 3

I would buy a t-shirt that said "Shep took me to pork city."

"I Ate Shep's Hotdog"

Question for you Southern Charm fans: If we at PTV sold a t-shirt or something, and you'd want one with a saying on it that embodies this show, would you buy one? What would you like it to say?

"I'm a Shameless Strumpet!" or "I (heart) Shep!"

Give me your ideas!

I'm a Hillbilly Debutante"

or was that trailer-trash debutante?

• Love 1

"I Ate Shep's Hotdog"

I'm a Hillbilly Debutante"

or was that trailer-trash debutante?

Hillbilly Femme Fatale?

You guys I love this show SO MUCH. Behind on the eps but just saw the one where Cameran and Shep visit a dog shelter. Hearing a cast member say she doesn't care about breeds and would gladly take one who is in most need of adoption made my heart sing!!! This show has just the right mix of sweet, funny, ridiculous and wtf.

Will ya'll post photos from the Stalking Shep Tour?

• Love 2

I have so many photos on both my phone and my camera, it's going to take me some time to get them all loaded. I'll probably do a photo album with a clickable link.

One thing my sister noticed, which I didn't, is that Shep's place has no bottled beer. Just cans. I don't drink beer, which is probably why I didn't notice. And they are little cans, like those small cans of Coke. Who doesn't serve bottled beer?

• Love 1
(edited)

Must have change their beer menu because there are several pictures on yelp of beer bottles and the picture of the menu shows several beers that are only available in bottles.

For what it's worth hipsters tend to love cans but many brewers actually believe cans are better for beer than bottles, tighter seal, light can't penetrate, minimal breakage, allowed more places, cheaper material costs and lighter for shipping. The reason only big crappy beers used to be in cans was because it was cost prohibitive for small craft brewers to can their beer. However, in the last decade a new machine has made it cost effective and more and more craft brews are switching to cans, though others are not because bottles beer is still perceived as "better."

Edited by biakbiak

I didn't watch the finale yet because I watched The Bachelorette last night. And I am dying over here wanting to read this board--but then I also don't want to spoil myself. If it was any random episode, I would just go ahead and read the threads, but I want to savor the finale. Ahhhh! Hopefully I can see it soon.

I didn't watch the finale yet because I watched The Bachelorette last night. And I am dying over here wanting to read this board--but then I also don't want to spoil myself.

As soon as you do watch it, come sit by us!

• Love 1

Lindsay Graham announced he's running for president. *yawn*

Maybe Thomas should give him that "flush 100-dollar bills down the toilet until you change your mind" advice.

• Love 1

Next time I'm at Target I'm gonna have to check for this Lilly Pulitzer stuff. I live in kind of a bumblefuck kind of area, so I'm not sure how well some of that stuff would sell. I don't see many chicks that fit that demographic (hell, I'm not even one, too preppy for me).

I'm an out and open crazy prepster. Lucky to be near a Lilly P store and around smaller stores that carry Lilly clothes. They are my favorite with J.Crew runner up. It's also more typically a Southern thing because the colors are made for warmer weather. When I'm up North I don't wear Lilly in the winter or I would look like an idiot to the people around me! Lilly doesn't really work when it's 25 degrees! The preppy style is cyclical but not for me! I also like outdoorsy style...Ralph Lauren, Sundance, Tory Burch and eeeeek (cover your ears Patricia) Ann Taylor. I'm sorry but unless your dressing to impress mid priced clothing is common in Charleston...Pat is not the norm. Most mothers are like Camerans mom...reasonable.