Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E25: Reunion: Part 3

• Start Topic

No, he did deny it.  He made it very clear that the waitresses who work for him are not good enough for him to cheat with, lol.

But I think the important thing that stands out is that he didn't say, "I would never cheat on Cynthia because I love her and respect our marriage." Instead, he said I would not cheat on her w/ a waitress. Which means he would cheat on her w/ someone who has a significantly high status.

• Love 9
(edited)

But I think the important thing that stands out is that he didn't say, "I would never cheat on Cynthia because I love her and respect our marriage." Instead, he said I would not cheat on her w/ a waitress. Which means he would cheat on her w/ someone who has a significantly high status.

I don't think Cynthia needs to worry much if Peter will only cheat with those he mentioned (JLo, Beyonce....).  I don't think they're going to be blowing up his phone with invitations....

But, I also don't believe that Peter is faithful, at all.  I think he would and has hit anything that shakes a booty in his direction...

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 8

He actually named Beyonce as someone he would stray with, lmao.  Named off some other hot number, too.  I can't remember who.  It was Halle Berry or J-Lo or someone of that caliber.  I guess it was meant as a joke, but I still thought it was crummy of Peter to say.  He should show Cynthia and their marriage more respect than to imply he might ever cheat on her.  

Yeah, right this from the guy who told his wife he was fixin' to step out on her because of her fibroid situation.  Peter is a turd.  Nothing but a turd.  Cynthia could do so much better.  I do not know why that woman is with him.

And he rented another place without talking to her!  Again.  Why does she put up with that man? 

• Love 9

Why didn't Andy ask Porsha why she has deemed herself Queen of Thotlandia. ? That has bugged me all season. Yes, it's great she's out from under her husband's oppressive thumb, but why Queen of the Ho's?

That's quite a swing of the pendulum.

• Love 7

I am sad yet vindicated in knowing that I am not the only one who thinks Nene is a louse and twisted the reunion to make it all about her.   Yep, saved the big guns for part III.    I can see her and her publicist cooking it up; "We'll do a break-down and shut those muthas down for good!" 

I wanted to like her and cheer her success but Celebrity Apprentice sealed her fate with me.  She just walked off the show on a BS fight not even willing to give a fake celebrity crap about her 'charity'.   She couldn't even FAKE it!   No,  Nene is all about NENE and that. IS. ITTTTT!  

I wish everyone well but it's just not fun anymore.   I hate seeing women tearing each other down constantly.   Be gone and get a group with something going on in their lives or leave it be please.

• Love 5
(edited)

I wanted to like her and cheer her success but Celebrity Apprentice sealed her fate with me.  She just walked off the show on a BS fight not even willing to give a fake celebrity crap about her 'charity'.   She couldn't even FAKE it!   No,  Nene is all about NENE and that. IS. ITTTTT!  

That sealed it for me, too. She also probably realized there was a lot of work involved in that show, it wasn't going to be all about her, so she bolted. And nobody ever really called her out on it. As far as I can see, poor victim my momma didn't love me Nene has been getting a free pass with her temper and her vicious mouth for a very long time.  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 5

I try to stay current with the new slang despite my elderly age of 38, but I just want to scream like Regina George "STOP TRYING TO MAKE THOT HAPPEN!"  It sounds so stupid.  And even dumber than that, is that Porsha seems to think it's compliment.  Isn't it similar to calling yourself the Queen of the Skanks?  It doesn't seem like a powerful embracing of one's sexuality.  I did laugh when she said she was twerking her way to happiness.  Porsha is fun when she's having a good time and not fighting.

• Love 7

That sealed it for me, too. She also probably realized there was a lot of work involved in that show, it wasn't going to be all about her, so she bolted. And nobody ever really called her out on it. As far as I can see, poor victim my momma didn't love me Nene has been getting a free pass with her temper and her vicious mouth for a very long time.  

Somebody did try to call her out for it and this is how she reacted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIHswTJRWlA

Normally, I'm here all day for women asserting themselves and not suffering fools gladly but whenever Nene opens her mouth, her insecurities come pouring out.  See her mention Star's education here?  It's a sore spot with her because wasn't nobody even talking about that.  She tried the same thing at the table in Puerto Rico where Claudia shut her down.  The inability to articulate herself calmly while acting the intimidating bully does her zero favors and appears to make her less and less self image aware. 

• Love 5

That was some master manipulation. Very well done, Ms. Leakes. No doubt in my mind that Nene will be back to her old self by the new season. 

Hell, Nene was back to her old self by the end of the reunion. Shit, she may have been back to form by the time she was done re-touching her war paint... ooops I mean makeup. Getting Dr. Jeff to admit to changing his cancelling session technique? Pure Nene. Shouting out all those who ran to her aid. Again, pure Nene. I wanted to throw up in my own mouth when the last 20 minutes or so became a Nene tongue bath.  

Put that "breakthrough" in quotations marks, please, lol!  Because it was no breakthrough. It was a breakdown.  Nene just cried and ran away.  I didn't see her developing any kind of sudden insight into her issues.  She's known all along she was hurt by what her mother did.  There was no epiphany, no discovery.  Hell, there was not even a discussion.  I don't know why they were calling it a breakthrough.  

In fact, to the extent Nene's diversionary tactics worked, it only inhibited the potential for any genuine breakthoughs.  It was just additional reinforcement encouraging her to use her childhood as an excuse for her obnoxious behavior.  If anything, it encouraged her to resist dealing with those issues and actually, you know ... change.

Was I the only one expecting some new development or new information from Greg about her mama situation in that hallway scene? I thought maybe she had had a confrontation with her mom or her mom had died before she could resolve some issues, but nope that sounded like the some story we heard S1/S2.

Yes on the breakdown. I do believe her emotions were real. I've seen clips of the New Normal. Nene is not a good actress. But I hate to quote Bethenny but it wasn't about what it was about. It wasn't about her mom. It was about her fall from grace this season. She has alienated a great deal of the cast and the audience. So she is feeling rejection but not from her mom. She has had a terrible season and the public has for the most part turned against her and it is all due to her actions. She got read like a cheap novel by a newbie. She has been isolated for most of the season. Her new crew isn't exactly her speed. She has no real allies on the show.  This show is her bread and butter. Cynthia is honest enough to in a roundabout way admit that it puts food on her table. Nene would never but it totally does. She wouldn't starve without it but this show keeps her in the public eye and I think the main reason she gets the other projects is because of RHOATL. The only thing Nene thirsts for above all else is a pedestal upon which to perch her big ass to look her nose down on others. That is what ATL gives her. She snapped back to her usual narcissistic self in a minute when people where giving her the accolades she thinks is her due. 

I wanted to strangle Dr. Jeff when he was going about about Nene feeling not properly appreciated and thanked by formed ATL HW for all she had done for them. Did I fall into a coma and miss the part where Nene owned NBC/Bravo and employed all the HW and wrote their checks? Why the hell is she owned anything by any HW, former or present? 

• Love 13

I'm just about over Kenya. She gets so self-righteous about everyone lying about her, but no one lies about her as much as she does: http://mediatakeout.com/273080/atlanta-housewives-kenya-moore-is-a-fraud-the-guy-she-claimed-to-be-engaged-with-just-married-someone-else.html/?partners

He was a married a week after the MM showed aired?  And poor pitiful Kenya just found out about it.  Lying huzzy. http://www.mstarz.com/articles/66948/20150512/rhoa-kenya-moore-responds-married-boyfriend-james-freeman-engagement.htm

• Love 1

He was a married a week after the MM showed aired?  And poor pitiful Kenya just found out about it.  Lying huzzy[

It also confirms something that's always been fairly clear to me: Patty Stanger and her "Millionaire Matchmaker" show is complete fiction.

I wanted to strangle Dr. Jeff when he was going about about Nene feeling not properly appreciated and thanked by formed ATL HW for all she had done for them. Did I fall into a coma and miss the part where Nene owned NBC/Bravo and employed all the HW and wrote their checks? Why the hell is she owned anything by any HW, former or present?

I had the impression he was referring to things Nene did, personally, off-camera, for former "Housewives" with whom she was friends. I didn't think he was talking about Nene being responsible for them being on the show.

• Love 2

Add me to the list of folks who are so glad that Kandi did not act all fake and start kissing Nene's butt. She stayed respectfully quiet and away from the tomfoolery. I don't doubt that those were real emotions for Nene but at the end of the day she is a narcissist and always goes right back to her true self. The doctor seemed like he was there for Nene and nobody else. He was  there to facilitate the ass kissing that was going on. He apparently is the chairman of the "All Hail Nene" club. Nene feels like she is the Queen Bee and that all comers should bow to her. It would be exhausting being her friend... she can say whatever she wants to you but don't you dare ever say anything back to her. 

• Love 3

I hate this constant narrative (and it *always* comes up in shows that are mostly women) that *everyone* is struggling in some way, and *everyone* has pain in their past, and *everyone* that is acting horribly is doing so out of some deep trauma that they haven't dealt with and are throwing onto someone else. This corny pop psychology. No-some people are just assholes. Case in point-Nene Leakes.

And I honestly would be shocked if Nene actually left the show. She has no skills. She has little going but this show and what little she has going on outside of it (sporadic TV and stage appearances) are directly because of the show. She leaves the show, those opportunities dry up. And her finances are seemingly so weak (or her spending is so uncontrolled) that she has not been able to buy a home. In Atlanta-which is not the most expensive part of the US. 

I have seen this in my own life-people who cannot handle hearing the truth about themselves resort to weeping to hold the truth at bay and hoover up sympathy. God bless Kandi for not falling for it-my opinion of her (I have actually always liked her) went up even further.

Hallelujah!  I could not agree more with you.  Thanks for reading my mind and posting. 

(edited)

Lastly, since when did the producers change the name of the show from the Real Housewives of Atlanta to "Here's NeNe Leakes and  Friends"? 

Yes, I could not agree more.  She is the only one who can over talk people, and has to constantly be front and center.  I am done, so done.  Did I say done, cause I am DONE!

Edited by Maccagirl
  • Love 3

I try to stay current with the new slang despite my elderly age of 38, but I just want to scream like Regina George "STOP TRYING TO MAKE THOT HAPPEN!"  It sounds so stupid

Sounding stupid must be a prerequisite for new slang because "bae" happened hard, and I'm not buying its backronym bullshit.

I wish everyone well but it's just not fun anymore.   I hate seeing women tearing each other down constantly.   Be gone and get a group with something going on in their lives or leave it be please.

This, so much!  Non-stop arguing, name-calling, and backbiting do not a fun or interesting show make.  The petty negativity has reached critical mass and I need Bravo to step up its HW game instead of manufacturing and rehashing a ridiculous amount of drama just for drama's sake.

Yes on the breakdown. I do believe her emotions were real. I've seen clips of the New Normal. Nene is not a good actress. But I hate to quote Bethenny but it wasn't about what it was about. It wasn't about her mom. It was about her fall from grace this season. She has alienated a great deal of the cast and the audience. So she is feeling rejection but not from her mom. She has had a terrible season and the public has for the most part turned against her and it is all due to her actions. She got read like a cheap novel by a newbie. She has been isolated for most of the season. Her new crew isn't exactly her speed. She has no real allies on the show.  This show is her bread and butter. Cynthia is honest enough to in a roundabout way admit that it puts food on her table. Nene would never but it totally does. She wouldn't starve without it but this show keeps her in the public eye and I think the main reason she gets the other projects is because of RHOATL. The only thing Nene thirsts for above all else is a pedestal upon which to perch her big ass to look her nose down on others. That is what ATL gives her. She snapped back to her usual narcissistic self in a minute when people where giving her the accolades she thinks is her due. 

Rolling on the floor at that first part!  And what you said makes a lot of sense, that it wasn't about her mom, it was about her fall from grace.  She needed some excuse for her breakdown so she used the tried-and-true mom issue (not to sound insensitive toward all you non-assholes dealing with mom issues).

Also, I fixed this for you:

She snapped back to her usual narcissistic self in a minute when people where giving her the acculades she thinks is her due.

• Love 1
(edited)

Why didn't Andy ask Porsha why she has deemed herself Queen of Thotlandia. ? That has bugged me all season. Yes, it's great she's out from under her husband's oppressive thumb, but why Queen of the Ho's?

That's quite a swing of the pendulum.

He thought it was cute.  He was playfully teasing her about it.

He was a married a week after the MM showed aired?  And poor pitiful Kenya just found out about it.  Lying huzzy. http://www.mstarz.com/articles/66948/20150512/rhoa-kenya-moore-responds-married-boyfriend-james-freeman-engagement.htm

I wonder what Mrs. Freeman thinks about all of this?  Somebody has some 'splainin to do.

Thot and bae have both been around for years. Bae especially. And that stupid acronym is what happens when white people make entries in Urban Dictionary.

You know you aren't right.  I had to look it up.  So people are calling their significant other poop instead of using an extra syllable.

Edited by ToukieSmith

But, I also don't believe that Peter is faithful, at all.  I think he would and has hit anything that shakes a booty in his direction...

I can't edit my last post properly but I wanted to add that I cosign this.  And Jamaican men, especially those from Kingston (is Peter from Kingston?), are stereotyped as being super sluts.  In my limited experience, I've found that to be absolutely true, so I feel like the odds are against Cynthia on this one.  Plus, doesn't Peter have like a football team's worth of kids running around?  And he uses strip clubs for business meetings?  Add to that his non-denial of infidelity and, to quote a D-list mortician/esquire:  "Something in the buttermilk just ain't clean."

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm surprised that Kandi stated that she didn't understand Nene's breakdown when Kandi herself breaks down and cries almost every episode.  But then Kandi doesn't see any of these women as real except herself.  She's starting to be the most self absorbed of the bunch to me.  I just really can't stand her anymore.

But, I also don't believe that Peter is faithful, at all.  I think he would and has hit anything that shakes a booty in his direction...

I don't believe for a moment that Peter is faithful either.  And I'm not a waitress but I kind of saw his remark about how he would rather jack off than mess around with a waitress very offensive.  What an unconscionable butthole he is! 

Edited by swankie
  • Love 7

I can't edit my last post properly but I wanted to add that I cosign this.  And Jamaican men, especially those from Kingston (is Peter from Kingston?), are stereotyped as being super sluts.  In my limited experience, I've found that to be absolutely true, so I feel like the odds are against Cynthia on this one.  Plus, doesn't Peter have like a football team's worth of kids running around?  And he uses strip clubs for business meetings?  Add to that his non-denial of infidelity and, to quote a D-list mortician/esquire:  "Something in the buttermilk just ain't clean."

It's not just the Jamaican men; it's all the Caribbean men.  My friends I, both male and female and all Caribbean, joke about how all our dads cheated constantly and that we have droves of siblings out in the world we don't know!  So there is no question as to whether Peter has cheated.  The question is with how many women! 

• Love 4

I love how Peter positions himself as the one with the choice in the matter.  Yes, I'm sure he'll hit whatever waitress deigns to go with him.  And no doubt there are some, because there's no accounting for taste.  But it's not like women (even what he considers lowly waitresses) are lining up for a piece of Peter.

He and NeNe definitely flirted.  I think the problem is that they don't understand the concept of flirting totally in a spirit of fun, with zero intention to follow through.   Kenya tried to make that point (to cover herself in her far more questionable flirting with Apollo), but it's a valid point.  I recall us all commenting on it at the time, but  only really remember NeNe's comments about the dark berries having the sweetest juice, or whatever.  And she seemed just to be having a good laugh over it.  I never questioned that Cynthia was her friend, and I never thought she had any intentions of making a move on Peter.  So it's just silly and self serving for her to feign disgust instead of saying "we were all friends and we joked around a lot.  Period."

• Love 5

That's exactly what Peter said.  He said he'd cheat on Cynthia with someone like JLo or Beyonce.  The fool actually said that.  What a creep.  Who'd sleep with him anyway?  There's not that much liquor or money in the world for that shit.

• Love 7

Kandi and Todd were on the Rickey Smiley show this morning:

Kandi said she and Phaedra were not talking; she had not spoken to Phaedra

She said she didn't get up and run over to Nene because she was confused as to where this "breakdown" was coming from and she & Nene had been arguing throughout the whole reunion so it would've been fake for her to jump up and run over to Nene.

And said that if SHE had broken down, Nene wouldn't have jumped up and run to her.

She & Todd said while Gregg was very good about reaching out to them/attending Miss Sharon's funeral and while they appreciate Nene tried to attend, that has nothing to do with what went down at the reunion and she stands by her decision to not run over to Nene.

• Love 7
That's exactly what Peter said.  He said he'd cheat on Cynthia with someone like JLo or Beyonce.  The fool actually said that.  What a creep.  Who'd sleep with him anyway?

The same woman who stayed with him after he told her that she needed to get the fibroid problem fixed or let him loose to sleep with other women?  On national television?  That woman.

• Love 3

Listen, the only person Kandi sympathizes with is Joyce. The only person whose tears move her is Joyce.  The only person who can be an asshole to her is Joyce (and Riley and Doc Martin or whatever that dude's name is)

• Love 8
(edited)

Yes, I could not agree more. She is the only one who can over talk people, and has to constantly be front and center. I am done, so done. Did I say done, cause I am DONE!

I don't know if you've heard, but she was on Broadway. I feel like maybe her being on Broadway was mentioned a few times, almost as though by being on Broadway she would be legitimized as an actress by people who aren't on Broadway realizing she was on Broadway -- not just a housewife but a Broadway actress on Broadway.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 7

And these other housewives who are no longer on the show - did I understand right that Nene's issue with them was that they didn't properly thank her?  For what exactly?

Nene may be a douche, but she is the one who got Sheree and Kim on the show.  They were all friends at the time.  Kim admitted it but Sheree still says she got on the show on her own by way of her upbeat personality.  Lol!  Ever the self serving diva! 

• Love 2

I thought NeNe's tears were real. It wasn't about her mom, but how disliked she has become among the cast. It had to hurt, deserved or not.

How could anyone be hurt by anything "bitches not on her equal" say? Nene has said more nasty things, (your clit has left the bldg) (Doctor head) (your little girlfriend in his red pajamas) just to name a few. How could she expect anyone to like her and more so why would she expect anyone to?

• Love 3
(edited)

Nene may be a douche, but she is the one who got Sheree and Kim on the show.

Haven't you ever recommended someone for a job? simply because someone was needed and you knew somebody.

Does that mean they owe you their  first born? That they should show their gratitude by kissing your ass?

That they should be happy,forgive and forget when you disrespect them.?

It's still the employer who is going to sign the pay checks. It is still the employer who's gonna fire, demote or promote.

If they are  gonna be kissing ass, that's the ass to kiss, this is who they should be Thanking.

Someone had to recommend NeNe for the job.

Edited by coloradoqt
  • Love 3

How could anyone be hurt by anything "bitches not on her equal" say? Nene has said more nasty things, (your clit has left the bldg) (Doctor head) (your little girlfriend in his red pajamas) just to name a few. How could she expect anyone to like her and more so why would she expect anyone to?

I think it is the same as the counseling session. When you realize everyone is against you, deserved or not, it's hard and upsetting. She talks big, but I think she does care about Cynthia and Kandi.

phaedra_meme.gif

I just rolled off the bed laughing. Fix It Jesus!

• Love 1

I thought NeNe's tears were real. It wasn't about her mom, but how disliked she has become among the cast. It had to hurt, deserved or not.

I felt it was a little bit of both.  She prides herself in not using her past problems and childhood become a crutch.  It was fun when it was just her and the others throwing lighthearted shade at each other and still be able to enjoy each other's company.  However, now the jabs are getting personal and being used to just stay on the show; one trying to outdo the other.  And, yes, they are actually gunning for Nene because she is the veteran on the show and the last of the original group.  No more I shade you; you shade me, we go have a drink and shade the others.  Now it is just blind hatred and in fighting all the time.  I don't think Nene signed up for that and really don't know how to handle this new kind of debasement which instead of looking like she is just one of the girls, she is considered the most hated on the show.  Basically, if you really look at what she has been doing, she really haven't changed.  The show has.

• Love 3

Well, that's true to an extent. But the comments NeNe made to Claudia about "losing her clit" were really underhanded and uncalled for. I think that was the beginning of the "Get NeNe" campaign, because she dished out a LOT in that one episode. The whole "You're right, I'm wrong" campaign backfired.

• Love 3

I agree that it's dipped to levels that are no longer fun or lighthearted.   Disagree that they're gunning for Nene.  I don't think they come at her any harder than each other and certainly not because she's a veteran, that doesn't mean any more on this show than their own status does.  I think they give her what she gives them but Nene is their common denominator - each of them have their individual issues with each other, but theirs with her is the exact same - her refusal to be accountable.   Now this is just my personal opinion but if 7 other people don't like you, all for the same reason, the problem is you.

• Love 12

if 7 other people don't like you, all for the same reason, the problem is you.

Exactly. And if they can all get along well without that person, it tells me the person is the problem causing strife.

• Love 6

I think they also would have been responsive to ANY kind of remotely genuine (even for show purposes) expression of regret over whatever individual disputes they had with her.  After all -- it's a paycheck and you have to accept apologies and pretend to move on or the show can't work.  Even Phaedra's butter wouldn't melt in her mouth fake ass "I'm sorry if what I said offended you" qualifies as an acknowledgement of the other person -- Nene's response to any mention of a personal shortcoming is to bellow denial, followed by a sound effect/gesture of dismissal.    When directly confronted about her homophobic slurs against Brandon, her response (to her boss, mind you) was  "yeah, I said it.  Next?"

Kandi laid it out for her -- the condescension is out of control.  Somebody in your peer group disrespects you, you get pissed off.  Then you start commiserating with the other peers she's disrespecting and pissing off.  Then she disrespects the BOSS, who does not act pissed off, so now you're doubly pissed off because it sets her apart as an employee who has absolutely no boundaries and no help will ever be forthcoming from the boss on your account, so you're screwed.  So now you're angry at the boss for putting up with it, and the work environment, however toxic already, really goes downhill.

That's what they've got now.  Hopefully they got a glimpse in the Philippines that they could pull back from the edge, but I doubt they will.  

• Love 5
Kandi immediately got on the defensive when asked if Joyce apologized for her insensitive comments about Todd's mother post mortem, making sure it was known that during the season, the woman was still alive, like it was OK then to continue disrespecting her.

I noticed that too! Kandi. Girl. Your mother called your husband’s mother a whore and his father a pimp. There is no spin that makes that OK – none. I agree that it’s worse to speak ill of the dead, but that’s like saying it’s worse to be shot than it is to be stabbed. They’re both bad.

I don't think Cynthia needs to worry much if Peter will only cheat with those he mentioned (JLo, Beyonce....).  I don't think they're going to be blowing up his phone with invitations....

But, I also don't believe that Peter is faithful, at all.  I think he would and has hit anything that shakes a booty in his direction...

Completely agree that Peter has cheated, is cheating, and will continue to cheat - and not just on Cynthia, I'd bet there was some overlap between baby mamas. He just looks and acts shady. Hell – he flat-out told Cynthia that he wanted a little place to go to just for him, and admitted in the media that he'd have cheated if Cynthia hadn't gotten her fibroids under control (and again, I'm sure he was already cheating). When she was suffering from them, his only concern was their sex life and her weight - not about her discomfort, not worried about her health, just "You look fat" and "We're not fucking." Ugh.
  • Love 7
(edited)
: But that Nene James Brown walk-off was reality gold. 

My exact reaction, too.  The only thing missing was Cynthia throwing a cape over NeNe's shoulders as she staggered offstage. 

3X4aH0.gif

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 8

I don't swear in real life (truly) but FUCK OFF NeNe. Eff off and take your brown nose pseudo therapist with you (I am a Bachelor of Behavioural Science, Psychology, and I do NOT condone his 'therapy'. To me, he is acting like a TV whore and not a therapist. I did not see any bonfide group therapy. Instead, he was a NeNe apologist. He couldn't even pretend to be a therapist who was interested in each of the women's perspectives, which is what a group therapy session (and the subsequent reunion) should have entailed.

I DO NOT KNOW how Kenya kept it together given her own mother abandonment issues. Kenya actually articulated support to NeNe . Wow. Good on you Kenya.

Take away message from this episode: therapy should not be on camera. When we know a camera is on us we act differently.

• Love 9