Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Kill The Boy

• Start Topic

Just some speculations (feel free to move to the appropriate thread):

I pegged Hizdar as the leader of the Son of Harpy. He worked so hard to make himself appear innocent.
I hope Danny knew this and the wedding was the setup to trap him.

They made me like Stannis which obviously meant he would be dead soon, just like Tywin

Agreed Ramsey's side needs a few burgers, that was distracting.  And it usually takes a lot to take me away from sexy scenes :(

• Love 1

The guy may be practical in most other matters but he's always been a fool for love.

This made me smile because FOOL FOR LOVE is an episode title from BTVS and describes Spike (his own words actually).  I have always thought that Ian Glen looked so much like James Marsters as Spike.

Jorah....NOOOOO!

This Season may seem slow but I think all the stories are building up beautifully thus far.  Can't believe we are at the halfway point already.  I am already going through withdrawal.

The nude scene with Ramsey and Miranda made me very uncomfortable because the actress looks incredibly young. 

I have to say that Alfie Allen is doing an amazing acting job as Theon/Reek.  I thought I would be a bit whimsical here and post a video of Lily Allen singing a song she wrote about her little bro called ALFIE -

• Love 3

What in the Walking Dead hell?

Stone Zombies got Jorah, that attack scene was creepy.

Glad Grey Worm survived and he loves Misssandei.

You better keep the side eye on Ollie, Lord Commander Snow.

Too bad that Grey Worm is a eunuch because it would have created some potentially steamy scenes between him and Missandei if he still had his manhood.

No, the theory goes that only Ned for sure knew. I think he learned the truth of whatever went down with Rhaegar/Lyanna only when finding her on her deathbed after giving birth. I now think MIA Uncle Benjen may have at least suspected the truth (and that's why he had to exit the stage in s1 too), but I doubt Rhaegar sent a raven to his great-uncle on the Wall bragging about knocking up a Stark. But it adds so much weight to Jon being mentored by Aemon if they're related without knowing it. In their first scene Aemon lamented that even Targ babies were butchered when the dynasty fell, which would be Rhaegar's kids by Elia, Jon's real half-siblings. And there's added significance to Jon's short-lived s1 friendship with Tyrion too, since Jaime killed Jon's paternal grandpa (who had his maternal grandpa burned alive, so no reason to mourn over that royal murder) while Tywin was the one who ordered the murders of the aforementioned half-siblings.

Have I ever shared my headcanon backstory for Pycelle having Lannister blood? I think he was another noble bastard trying to make his way in the world and the Maesters would be an option for finding use for bastards and other extra sons, but Pycelle's still got that bastard desperation to prove himself worthy and that's why he's such a Lannister ass-kisser. In this scenario, he'd be an uncle or older cousin of Tywin, but he joined the Maesters before Tywin even grew up and that's supposed to mean giving up all family ties, so Tywin uses that as an excuse to ignore him and never told his kids that Grand Maester Pycelle is related to them, so they might know Tywin had a bastard uncle or older cousin, but they never learned his first name and assumed he just died young. This is based on nothing but his Lannister toadyism so I don't believe in it the way I do all the R+L=J hints, and in the unlikely event we ever get a Pycelle origin story I expect to be proved wrong, but sometimes we just have to invent our own backstories for supporting characters. And that's mine for Pycelle. 

I think it's a good thing he appears trustworthy if he is going to turn on her. All the other big betrayals were by obviously shady people like LF, Roose, and Walder. Olenna was the closest to being subtle but it was still clear she didn't care for the Lannisters or Marg/Joff as a couple.

Did you not see last ep's thread? I definitely didn't start this, it's spec based on show scenes.

I do think anvil-strength hints have been dropped over the past few episodes that this might well be the way the story is heading.  

This made me smile because FOOL FOR LOVE is an episode title from BTVS and describes Spike (his own words actually).  I have always thought that Ian Glen looked so much like James Marsters as Spike.

Jorah....NOOOOO!

This Season may seem slow but I think all the stories are building up beautifully thus far.  Can't believe we are at the halfway point already.  I am already going through withdrawal.

The nude scene with Ramsey and Miranda made me very uncomfortable because the actress looks incredibly young. 

I have to say that Alfie Allen is doing an amazing acting job as Theon/Reek.  I thought I would be a bit whimsical here and post a video of Lily Allen singing a song she wrote about her little bro called ALFIE -

I've been thinking for a while now that Alfie Allen is the absolute stand-out actor in the series.  I cringe for him every time he appears.  He is so deep into that character it's almost impossible to remember the arrogant jerk he was before encountering Ramsay Bolton.  Truly remarkable, to me.  

• Love 6
(edited)

I have a feeling that Ygritte will reappear through the witchcraft of Melisandre. Jon Snow rebuked her sexual offer when she put his hand on her bare breast. He told her he loves Ygritte to which she replied that Ygritte is dead. Nevertheless, he insisted he can only love Ygritte. When she left she said "you know nothing Jon Snow" and I nearly had a seizure because I never liked the Ygritte character and this is a huge hint that Melisandre will be back eventually as Ygritte to seduce Jon Snow.

04f.gif

I have to admit sort of liking the transition of Lancel, the sparrow, from a guy that looks like my aunt Rose to someone akin to a disciple of Charles Manson.

game-thrones-lancel.jpg?itok=bSxnFr-b

jqfrxn31dwmjlgx0toha.png

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 4

Too bad that Grey Worm is a eunuch because it would have created some potentially steamy scenes between him and Missandei if he still had his manhood.

Without getting to too much details, there are ways to do it without full equipment ;)  

• Love 11

While I love this site and being able to share thoughts it's frustrating that spoilers and/or speculation is allowed in the non-book thread without spoiler tags. The show has not revealed this and I for one wish I did not see this.

Season 1 Episode 9. Jon Snow (and the TV audience) learns the true identity of old Maester Aemon..

Maester Aemon: [chuckles] The gods were cruel when they saw fit to test my vows. They waited till I was old. What could I do when the ravens brought news from the South? The ruin of my House, the death of my family? I was helpless, blind, frail. But when I heard they had killed my brother's son, and his poor son, and the children. Even the little children!

Jon Snow: Who are you?

Maester Aemon: My father was Maekar, the First of his Name. My brother Aegon reigned after him, when I had refused the throne, and he was followed by his son Aerys, whom they called the Mad King.

Jon Snow: You're Aemon Targaryen.

Old Aemon knew that Jon was the purported bastard of Ned Stark...Old Aemon might also believe that Ned fabricated a cover story..Even Stannis voiced his doubts about Ned being Jon's bio-dad. So this is speculation generated in show.

Without getting to too much details, there are ways to do it without full equipment ;)  

There is, but without the sex hormones to make him want it, will it still work for both of them?

There is, but without the sex hormones to make him want it, will it still work for both of them?

Perhaps the satisfaction of "giving" would be enough for him ? It would be a step up from paying for cuddling..

• Love 3
(edited)

I remember seeing this pic of Alfie and Finn Jones and being reminded of his sister's song about him. Did anyone else find it interesting that they felt the need to show Theon's s2 misadventures in Winterfell in the previouslies? People may forget Maester Aemon is the last known Targ in Westeros, but I doubt Theon's crispy kiddie corpses have slipped anybody's mind just because he's now Reek. ("Not Theon Greyjoy anymore. He's a new man. A new person, anyway." Get it? Because only men have dicks, and the Trolltons are such cut-ups humor-wise and flaying-wise.) I thought it was a good sign that Reek showed a moment's reluctance to talk about Sansa to his master.

So the only scene that really bugged me was yet again BriPod, when I first saw Pod with his luggage I thought he was somehow going to infiltrate Winterfell and then I was disappointed to see he was just with Brienne at another grungy inn. To whoever said Sansa should have known Ramsay's mistress wasn't from Winterfell, I'm sure she did. I assume Ramsay killed all the original Winterfellians killed when he sacked the castle (at least I hope they were butchered the regular way by soldiers since we know how he treats his prisoners), so the castle now has a mix of Dreadfort veterans and new hires. There's been no indication cryptic old housemaid has ever actually met the Starks before. And now that we have confirmation Myranda was the Dreadfort kennelmaster's daughter, I can assume that most of their servants are deranged. That Maester Walken Roose mentioned must be giving Qyburn a run for his money just to keep Reek around, when he should have died from sepsis several times over. 

Confession1: I find myself agreeing with Daario again, taking out the Queen's top protectors sounds like a great reason for a martial law crackdown to me. (Dany is basically just playing an intense game of fuck, marry, kill at this point.) Confession2: I now kinda wish Tyrion had forced himself on Sansa, since that would be way less creepy than her possibly being deflowered by Ramsay and a consummated marriage would have prevented this one in the first place. But of course Tyrion could never know this was going to happen so he did the right thing by saying no to rape.

Calamity Jane, yes, I've lurked and seen them arguing over R+L=J on the other side of this board's Wall, so I feel pretty safe discussing the theory here. (I haven't really bought Jon as Ned's son since their goodbye back in 1.02, so I think his paternity has always been up for debate.) paigow, I still think the idea was Stannis was just refuting Jon as the son of "some tavern slut". Stan probably thinks of himself as a stand-up man who'd only cheat on his wife with the right chick (which for him is the one who births killer shadows instead of regular bastards), and thinks Ned being more like Stannis than Robert when it came to womanizing, must have also been reluctant to cheat with just any common chick (which is exactly what his cover story about Wylla always evoked for me, some commoner he had a ONS with without King Bob ever knowing more than her name, which strikes me as unlikely). If Jon is Lyanna's then the babymama did mean a lot to Ned, just not in the way Stannis thinks (since Ned's not Jaime or Theon, to commit incest knowingly or unknowingly) and not the way Cat insecurely feared.

Edited by Lady S.
  • Love 1

One thing that was confusing to me was how certain Tyrion was that none of the stone men touched him. Even if they meant on the skin he was draged down by one of them and blacked out. It made me think we were supposed to think he was lying too. But maybe not.

• Love 2

I thought Sansa should legitimately ask for a more convenient messaging system. "You see, very helpful and loyal maidservant, if I am really in trouble it isn't as though I can ask permission to travel privately to an abandoned stand-along tower with a large candle and means with which to light it."

• Love 4
(edited)

The stoneman dragged Tyrion down by his boot so as far as he knew his skin was never touched. Of course, the stoneman could have somehow touch his skin when Tyrion was unconscious.

If Hizdahr is not involved with the Sons of the Harpy, he must have strong suspicions about who is capable to the brutality and is spending the money to pay these killers,. After all, his family has ruled Meereen with the other wealthy and privileged families for generations and have long alliances with them. The one thing that is not believable to me is that hired killers would give up their lives to go to war with Daenerys. Only true believers dedicated to a cause would sacrifice themselves like we are seeing.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
(edited)

Can someone tell me where the "flayed man" is displayed as the Winterfell sigil in the opening?  I can't find it.  Thankyouverymuch.

It's the red X in the righthand wheely thingymabob.

newWinterfell.gif

Team Dragonstone continues to be a surprising highlight. Stannis is finally dressing for the weather in his snazzy new fur cloak, and he now knows how to kill the white walkers. Liked the background info of Sam's dad being the only commander to defeat Robert in battle, and Stan being surprised he produced a fat bookworm son but seeing Sam's value anyway and telling him to keep researching. (Back in 1.03 Robert says his first battlefield kill was a Tarly soldier in a great victory, now we know what happened with his next contact with House Tarly's army. And we already knew the Tarlys fought for the Tyrells, who besieged Stannis at Storm's End.) And we finally got more Onion Knight/scaled little princess cuteness, with Selyse showing her crazy side again by saying Davos was scary.

Edited by Lady S.
  • Love 2

Perhaps the satisfaction of "giving" would be enough for him ? It would be a step up from paying for cuddling..

To quote Monica Geller, "He could be there for her."

Ask Jon Snow, it's the one thing he seems to know.

• Love 2

One thing this ep underscores is what a chancy thing hospitality is Westeros and Essos.

We already know that receiving a wedding invitation is something to be dreaded, but dinner invitations aren't exactly harbingers of joy, either. You get invited to dinner in Meeren, and you may become the dinner, if you have the wrong raffle ticket, and in Bolton Winterfell, you're lucky if tension is all that's served up. Dinner parties at The Wall are likely to have cutlery used any way but for the meal. 

I was relieved that the "entertainment" to which Myranda invited Sansa was not as vicious as I'd initially feared. I also wondered, if Sansa ever does decide she's in enough peril to warrant the candle-in-tower maneuver, how she's supposed to be able to execute it, since the top of the ruined tower is a rather far piece from her living quarters, and I can't imagine either Bolton just letting her wander around free.

I thought the camera work on the beach scene where Mormont and Tyrion were ready for their "picnic" was just stunning, but I also wondered if making a small bonfire wouldn't be an invitation to Drogon to snack on something other than zombies.

• Love 2

I had the feeling that when Dany went to touch Hizdahr's back, she may have felt something that clued her into him much more.  She seem to want to start pushing him forward up until the moment of her touching his back shoulder area. 

I liked the turn Jon took this episode... doing what he knows is the right thing regardless of what would make people happy.  And the Master's interruption to DO IT even before Jon could state his case was pretty cool.

How much did I skeeve with Ramsay and Poppa?  Effing a... two peas in one sick-assed pod. 

Speaking of Pod, the whole Brienne/Pod thing is dragging for me.  Yeah, glad she established herself - without fear of retribution - that she's a Stark loyal and all, but damn... a waste of talents right about now.

Can't say as I missed Lannisterville one bit.  I, too, thought it was the end of the episode with Tyrion going black in the water, but was still feeling First World Slighted when the credits did roll.  There's no way Tyrion would know if he was touched.  Man was pulled from the waters having passed out.  Even *he* wouldn't have a moment to cop a gratuitous yet.

Happy with this episode, even though I needed a long hot shower afterward.  Eeewwwww!

• Love 2
(edited)

I was relieved that the "entertainment" to which Myranda invited Sansa was not as vicious as I'd initially feared. I also wondered, if Sansa ever does decide she's in enough peril to warrant the candle-in-tower maneuver, how she's supposed to be able to execute it, since the top of the ruined tower is a rather far piece from her living quarters, and I can't imagine either Bolton just letting her wander around free.

I wondered that too, but if Sansa can't climb the tower and light a candle, she can ask the loyal washerwoman to do it for her.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 1

Season 1 Episode 9. Jon Snow (and the TV audience) learns the true identity of old Maester Aemon..

Maester Aemon: [chuckles] The gods were cruel when they saw fit to test my vows. They waited till I was old. What could I do when the ravens brought news from the South? The ruin of my House, the death of my family? I was helpless, blind, frail. But when I heard they had killed my brother's son, and his poor son, and the children. Even the little children!Jon Snow: Who are you?Maester Aemon: My father was Maekar, the First of his Name. My brother Aegon reigned after him, when I had refused the throne, and he was followed by his son Aerys, whom they called the Mad King.Jon Snow: You're Aemon Targaryen.

Old Aemon knew that Jon was the purported bastard of Ned Stark...Old Aemon might also believe that Ned fabricated a cover story..Even Stannis voiced his doubts about Ned being Jon's bio-dad. So this is speculation generated in show.

My frustration was more around saying Jon Snow IS a Targarayen. We certainly don't know this for sure based on the show alone. I guess I'm used to TWoP where speculation had its own thread and episode threads were just to discuss the episode. Spoiler or speculation tags would help. Perhaps it's best to not read the non book episode board.

• Love 3

While I love this site and being able to share thoughts it's frustrating that spoilers and/or speculation is allowed in the non-book thread without spoiler tags. The show has not revealed this and I for one wish I did not see this.

There is tons of speculation in all the non-book threads; speculation is part of the discussion. The Jon stuff is purely (at this time) speculation on my part, but based on evidence we've actually seen on the show. Part of the fun is trying to figure out what is or will be important to the future story...I sure didn't think grayscale was important in the past but obviously it is. Obviously Shireen being featured as much as she is means SOMETHING as well.

The recent strange behavior of several characters when talking about Rhaegar and Lyanna has caused the increased speculation and recall of the specific and ambiguous phrasing Ned used when he talked to Jon about his Stark blood.

• Love 3

I wish they hadn't used the photo of Tyrion seeing the dragon in the mist as the main series photo this season on HBO Now because I felt like that really spoiled the Valyeria (sp? Don't be mad at me Stannis) scene. The dragon coming out of the dark to eat that guy was terrifying! I really wanted Tyrion to say to Jorah the next day "So what about that dragon man??!"  They were really far from Valyeria--he swam pretty far!

Not only was it kinda dumb for Sansa to walk into that kennel alone at the urging of a stranger (and seeing said stranger gone when she looked back) I also thought she was copping way too much of an attitude at that dinner, especially when she made the barf face in regard to her upcoming nuptials.

Lenny Kravitz Lite, soon to be Mr. Khaleesi, step-father of dragons: "Naaaaah I didn't say valar morghulis I said no valar morghulis!"

• Love 1

I had the feeling that when Dany went to touch Hizdahr's back, she may have felt something that clued her into him much more.  She seem to want to start pushing him forward up until the moment of her touching his back shoulder area. 

Hizdahr was the only house leader left standing after the dragons rip that 1 guy in half.  The others knelt in fear.  That was one huge clue

Lenny Kravitz Lite, soon to be Mr. Khaleesi, step-father of dragons: "Naaaaah I didn't say valar morghulis I said no valar morghulis!"

Hahaha!  Or... "I said, 'No soup for you!'"  ;-)

• Love 1

Hizdahr was the only house leader left standing after the dragons rip that 1 guy in half.  The others knelt in fear.  That was one huge clue

I hadn't even caught that part of it.  Speculation on my part:  he knows his harpys are close enough at hand to save him?

(edited)

"Thankfully a suitor is already on his knees." Forcing him to be your consort, great intimidation tactic Dany, I'm sure he really hates having to bow to and have sex with the Mother of Dragons.

Jorah is probably such a fool for love he'd be afraid a missing hand would diminish his already minimal appeal to Dany. Too stubborn and proud to reveal his affliction and just ignoring it until he can't hide it from Dany and she has to banish him again? Yeah, I guess I'll buy that from a guy who sold men into slavery to give his wife an unreasonably expensive standard of living and was so desperate to get straight back to Dany that he thought taking the route known to scare pirates was a good idea.

Fine, I'll go back to calling Jon a secret Targ with strikethrough tags, but that moment definitely felt like another anvil of Rhaegar/Lyanna as well as a hint to Jon and Dany teaming up. 

Edited by Lady S.
  • Love 2

Also, more important than the gold, Roose's marriage to Walda cemented his alliance with the Freys, a child makes that alliance made even stronger. With the Lannisters' weakened and losing their grip on the throne and with Stannis heading for Winterfell, Roose needs Walder Frey and his men even more than he did before.

True Simone. Yet I wonder how strong any tie with the Freys will be—they're not the loyal ally sort.

• Love 2
(edited)

I hadn't even caught that part of it.  Speculation on my part:  he knows his harpys are close enough at hand to save him?

My speculation: either he was brave enough to face the dragons as the consequences for his actions or he was ready to become the SotH martyr.

Edited by DarkRaichu
  • Love 2

"Thankfully a suitor is already on his knees." Forcing him to be your consort, great intimidation tactic Dany, I'm sure he really hates having to bow to and have sex with the Mother of Dragons.

So many speculations on my part, maybe we need a thread ;) Lets just say I hope Danny is wiser than that and she actually has a plan this time

True Simone. Yet I wonder how strong any tie with the Freys will be—they're not the loyal ally sort.

I know this author loves to turn convention on its head, but I do so long for both the Freys and the Boltons to get kicked to the moon and back.  Or beyond.  Whichever gets rid of them decisively and forever.

• Love 2
(edited)

Seriously. The Boltons and the Freys (most of them at least, and old Walder in particular) need to DIE before this series is done.

I am just worried that old Walder will die of oldness before someone can kill him in revenge. Man, would I love it if Arya -- once she's an assassin <spec not spoiler> -- ghosts her way into his bedchamber and lets him know why she's killing him just before she does, and tells him she's going to kill every last one of his bloodline...whether or not she does kill all Freys, I'd like Walder to die thinking his house will end because of what he did to the Starks.

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 3

Seriously. The Boltons and the Freys (most of them at least) need to DIE before this series is done.

Just not Fat Walda because she's one of the three or four decent Frey's around...and clearly the only remotely human Bolton.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think Ramsay is going to kill Walda, no?

I would only think he'd pull that if Roose was already dead. He's a crazy little bastard (literally) but he's not stupid, certainly not enough to cross the second hardest man in the North.

Edited by Philbert

I would not say that the Freys are not a loyal ally. It was the Starks who broke the alliance with the Freys when Rob reneged on the marriage. As things stand, the Freys are in the same leaky boat as the Boltons. They both are northern families in alliance with the weakened Lannisters, surrounded by clans who despise them. With Stannis marching north, the Boltons and Freys need each other more than ever.

• Love 1

I thought Sansa should legitimately ask for a more convenient messaging system. "You see, very helpful and loyal maidservant, if I am really in trouble it isn't as though I can ask permission to travel privately to an abandoned stand-along tower with a large candle and means with which to light it."

Isn't that highest window of the broken tower the same highest window of the tower that Bran was pushed out of and broke all his bones? Maybe that's why the old lady referred to it as the 'broken tower'?  Anyway wouldn't a little bell to ring, or maybe a white flag to wave out a window of her bedroom be more convenient?

• Love 1

I thought what made her pause was him saying, "all men must die." That's when she stopped her hand on his back.

(edited)

Isn't that highest window of the broken tower the same highest window of the tower that Bran was pushed out of and broke all his bones? Maybe that's why the old lady referred to it as the 'broken tower'?  Anyway wouldn't a little bell to ring, or maybe a white flag to wave out a window of her bedroom be more convenient?

When Bran climbed it back in season 1 it already looked busted and abandoned.  I think that's why Jaime and Cersei snuck up there in the first place. (If that's the same tower.)

A white flag or a bell would be too obvious, and you can't see a white piece of cloth at night from a distance.  A candle is subtle, quiet, but can be seen at night from a long way away.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 1
One thing that was confusing to me was how certain Tyrion was that none of the stone men touched him. Even if they meant on the skin he was draged down by one of them and blacked out. It made me think we were supposed to think he was lying too. But maybe not.

Even if Tyrion wasn't lying, isn't he in trouble too since Jorah apparently pulled him out of the water? He might have gotten infected by his contact with Jorah.

I also don't believe Sansa is that dumb that she'd walk in there. I get why they wanted her to find Theon but it just didn't make sense.

Yeah, I guess she didn't spend quite enough time under LIttlefinger's tutelage. She really came across as too stupid to live and is making it really hard for me to keep pulling for her.

• Love 1

Congrats, Hizadahr!  You are getting married!  To a queen!  Who is hot!  And... well, might feed you to her dragons if you don't please her, perhaps.  Not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing.

It's funny, because my first thought was, "Yeah, good deal," but, when I look at it from his perspective, she's a foreigner who sacked his city, nailed his dad to a post, and burned some guy alive just to make a point. I probably wouldn't want to marry her if I were him -- she'd look just as bad as any of the other rulers on this show. And yet, because she's so pretty, part of me still goes "Score! You got so lucky marrying ths volatile murderess!" Why is that?

So didn't infected Jorah touch Tyrion?  Isn't that going to pass the infection to him?

I don't see how the candle in the tower window is helpful. 

For the greyscale, I think this is one of those things where we just have to believe what they tell us instead of looking for ways to make sense of it. So, Tyrion says they didn't touch him with their grey scales, and we believe him. Stannis says it got passed through a doll and we believe that, too. But, yeah, as others have said, from a sense-making perspective, there's no reason Tyrion should be so sure he isn't infected. As for Jorah, maybe you're not contageous until you turn all scary. Who knows?

For the canle -- this plan actually makes sense to me. I don't think it's intended for an immediate emergency, like calling 911; I think it's more like, if Sansa feels like things are going downhill and she needs an exit strategy, then the candle in the abandoned tower signals to Brienne that it's time to intervene (even though she doesn't know it's Brienne who's watching for the signal). The last time Brienne talked to Sansa, Sansa seemed to think she had the situation under control, so this actually makes sense to me as a way of signalling, at a distance, that things are no longer under control. It does depend on Sansa knowing which way's up, and not being taken by surprise, but I think she can probably do that.

• Love 5

When Bran climbed it back in season 1 it already looked busted and abandoned.  I think that's why Jaime and Cersei snuck up there in the first place. (If that's the same tower.)

A white flag or a bell would be too obvious, and you can't see a white piece of cloth at night from a distance.  A candle is subtle, quiet, but can be seen at night from a long way

I was kidding about the bell and white flag

• Love 3

For the poster upthread who is upset with speculation- I'm fairly sure they are doing the exact same thing over in the Unsullied. You see, in both threads, the discussion is encompassed by what took place within the TV show. Period. The difference between the two threads is that the Unsullied take it one step further- not only do they not read the books, they also don't watch trailers, read interviews- absolutely no outside media. But oh yes, there is speculation. That's the whole reason we have these threads- so groups of people can connect thru the internet and talk about what happened and what it means. Specifically to Jon, there have been a TON of clues dropped this season about who his parents might be. Of course we are going to discuss that.

Here's a speculation of my own:

I think Maester Aemon has known who Jon's parents are since his birth. I don't
think it was an accident he ended up at the Wall. And I have speculated for a
while that I think, based on the clues that have been given, that Jon Snow is
the Song of Ice and Fire- the child of Winterfell (mother/ice) and
the dragon (fire). I think that he is going to be integral to the story. I
think Maester Aemon casting the deciding vote for Jon and teaching him has not
been an accident. Maester Aemon knows what it is going to take to win the war. I
also think that Sam's reading of all the old books and all the old answers and
that he is the only one to actually kill a White Walker is going to make him the
greatest consigliore since Robert Duvall in the Godfather.

And here's a very long game spitball:

Stannis showed Jon a great amount of respect for the decisions he made. It would not surprise me to have Stannis take the Iron Throne and then, when things become much more than just men, bend the knee to Jon on how to fight the White Walkers. I also think there has to be some connection between Shereen's face and the dragons but I haven't figured that out yet.

Of course, I've been wrong before. (Smile)

• Love 4

His prostate should still be there, hard to say if stimulating it would work.

Oh, Jorah, don't die. I knew Tyrion would be okay, but Jorah getting greyscale was unexpected. So Drogon is flying around Valyria.

Daenarys burning the guy was pretty entertaining. I hope she plans to spend time as well as feed her dragons in person from now now. She was right to open the fighting pits to free men only, but I don't think the marriage is a good idea. How will she rule Westeros at King's Landing when she has a husband in Meereen?

Who are you to tell a Targaryan how many husbands she can have?

• Love 5

Even if Tyrion wasn't lying, isn't he in trouble too since Jorah apparently pulled him out of the water? He might have gotten infected by his contact with Jorah.

I was wondering about that too. I would be willing to believe that the greyscale had to touch someone's bare skin in order to infect them if not for the story about Shereen getting it from a doll.