Type keyword(s) to search

Chicago Med in the Media

• Start Topic

I think they think they've done a great job.

I think it takes a lot of confidence( or ignorance) to take a character from one show who's part of a very popular pairing - ignore the storyline he's in and try insert him into your own mediocre main show pairing as a catalyst. In general there was too much emphasis on pairings and not enough time on each character. I normally love a good ship to support but this show has proven incapable of creating one. Connor was swallowed up into the ridiculous Charles family drama, they made Will likeable only to ruin him again, Jeff a brilliant character on Fire was stripped and destroyed to service Natalie's boring ass love life - I'm sure there's lots more I've left out. 

I think the One Chicago verse excitement is wearing off and NBC are distancing themselves. All seasons in each show were pretty abysmal to this year. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Chas411 said:

I'm sure there's lots more I've left out. 

Definitely don't forget breaking up Sarah and Splendorkable for Shouldn't-Be-A-Doctor Noah Sexton, all for season 3 Sexton Family Drama and an April/Sarah rivalry/friendship/whatever they decide that week what their interactions will be like. 

• Love 5

It won't bother me one bit when this mess gets cancelled. It's been turned from an interesting show into "High School Hospital." God help me if I ever need hospital care and have to go to a place like this. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Chas411 said:

Fantastic. Hopefully that means she won't be back.

I agree I won't miss Robin; however, that means Rude Female Surgeon is going to be Connors love interest. I think I'd rather have Robin back.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Fireball said:

that means Rude Female Surgeon is going to be Connors love interest. I think I'd rather have Robin back.

If you worked there, would you be polite to this bunch of ninnys?

I only watch this show off and on (usually just for Chicago PD character cameos) but the writers need to thin the cast, in my opinion. Too many characters to try to care about. She could be a start. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Netfoot said:

If you worked there, would you be polite to this bunch of ninnys?

If I had just started working there then you bet I'd be polite. I certainly wouldn't be bringing up the fact that a co-workers mom had committed suicide or making fun that my boss had Asperger's. That female surgeon was just rude and I hope she isn't intended to be Connor's love interest, but with Robin leaving it's inevitable...

• Love 7
On 2017-07-07 at 3:34 PM, Fireball said:

I agree I won't miss Robin; however, that means Rude Female Surgeon is going to be Connors love interest. I think I'd rather have Robin back.

I didn't mind Robin although her arc was badly written and more about her father than her.  But I hate Rude Female Surgeon and if the show is going to be about her, Should-not-be-a-doctor Noah and Natalie/Will, I'm going to have a free evening next season.

• Love 6

That's awesome. I've liked her in previous roles I just really disliked her here so I'm not sad that she won't be returning full time to Med. 

I do think the obvious Rhodes/unlikeable new doctor he clashed with in the finale pairing along with the hateful Natalie/wish washy Will pairings will probably be what brings the show to cancellation though.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

That's awesome. I've liked her in previous roles I just really disliked her here so I'm not sad that she won't be returning full time to Med. 

I do think the obvious Rhodes/unlikeable new doctor he clashed with in the finale pairing along with the hateful Natalie/wish washy Will pairings will probably be what brings the show to cancellation though.

I think the Chicago "franchise" should stick to Fire and PD.  Med had so much potential with Oliver Platt and S. Epatha Merkerson (sp?), but they really are way under utilized.  

• Love 1

honestly wasn't sure where to put this - on last leg of our honeymoon in Chicago and were wondering if there's any show related sites or tours anyone would recommend seeing? Very nerdy yes but I'm a shameless fan of the franchise for years :)

On 1/4/2018 at 1:33 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Also, a major character to exit in the next few weeks

My first hope? Connor, so Colin can move on to greener pastures/go back to Arrow, but also so I can officially quit this show.

My second hope? April. 

My first thought, though? Sarah Reese. They seem to be building up to something with her, and it could be her deciding to quit. 

His wife is Anna in the Broadway musical version of "Frozen" and I think it's set to open in NYC in March... so yeah, it could easily be him.  

Colin Donnell ‘Excited’ for What’s Next for Rhodes on ‘Chicago Med’ After Finale Cliffhanger

By Emily Longeretta  May 16, 2018

“One of the things that I always love is when

Spoiler

Rhodes is able to come back down to the emergency department and be around his people, really. He’s been up in Cardiothoracic with Dr. Bekker and Dr. Latham (Ato Essandoh) for a couple seasons now, and I have heard that maybe he’ll be spending some more times downstairs for now on,”

Donnell, 35, told Us Weekly at the NBC Universal Upfronts on Monday, May 14. “So, I’m excited. I think [the writers] have got some really cool stuff up their sleeves.”

It hasn’t been an easy road for Rhodes, but that’s only made him stronger – and clearly, it’s paid off at work. “The guy can’t seem to catch a break but I love it. It’s one of the best parts about playing the character, he’s continually growing, he’s continually being pushed to his limit and tested work-wise, personal life-wise,” Donnell added. “It’s all part of him becoming a better person, I think.”

There is one thing that the actor has no idea about: Rhodes’ romantic life.

“He tries,” he told Us, laughing. “That’s one of the things that he learned in the experience with Robin (Mekia Cox) was that he was capable of being in a relationship, it just wasn’t the right one. Then he sort of had his time of being a cad. I don’t know, I like him when he’s in a relationship, I just think he’s gotta find the right one.”

TVLine article about Reese’s departure and the premiere. 

“She had such a close relationship to Charles, and she feels betrayed by him and just can’t stay,” executive producer Diane Frolov explains. Adds EP Andrew Schneider: “[After] the trauma of her father doing such terrible things, she feels like she needs to go someplace else.”

That said, “we would welcome Rachel coming back,” Schneider continues. “We love the actress. She did a great job in the premiere. And if we can find, down the line, a storyline that would involve her, we would bring her back.”

Damn the MML house is going to miss her! I wish Reese and Splendorkable would star in a new series where he uncovers criminal etc secrets in the pathology lab from surreptitious samples she obtains from suspicious situations. They solve the issues, save the world, and have fun sex on every single episode. It could run right after the Alan Cumming show Instinct instead of being part of the boring Chicagos.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Damn the MML house is going to miss her! I wish Reese and Splendorkable would star in a new series where he uncovers criminal etc secrets in the pathology lab from surreptitious samples she obtains from suspicious situations. They solve the issues, save the world, and have fun sex on every single episode. It could run right after the Alan Cumming show Instinct instead of being part of the boring Chicagos.

Not gonna lie....I'd probably watch it.

I'd watch it too.  As far as I'm concerned, breaking up with Splendorkable was the start of The Fall of Reese.

Ad rates for 30 ads for the shows in this season are out.

Show Day/Time                                      2018 Price ($)   2017 Price          ($)% Change

Chicago Med  Wednesday   8 p.m.            161,561              134,463                20%

Chicago Fire   Wednesday  9 p.m.              147,689              138,698                  6%

Chicago P.D.   Wednesday  10 p.m.            130,206              139,869                -7%

I find it interesting that not only is Chicago Med charging the highest rates for a 30 second ad, it's the only one of the Chicago shows that has gone up substantially.   Does that mean that it's considered to be doing the best of the show?

As a comparison, Law & Order SVU is charging $105,030.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I find it interesting that not only is Chicago Med charging the highest rates for a 30 second ad, it's the only one of the Chicago shows that has gone up substantially.   Does that mean that it's considered to be doing the best of the show?

May also be a factor of being on at 8 now, I would think.

• Love 1

Alas, I fear we might not see Dr. Latham again.  I just saw the actor in a promo on CBS in a new show called The Code.  I wish him well in the new show, but I hope he's at least mentioned before the season ends on Chicago Med.  

Now I'm also wondering if the actor who plays April's doctor brother has a new show.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I hope they're not leaving as a couple.

I agree but I’m not planning on watching so I guess it won’t matter to me either way. I’m happy CD is leaving and hope he has a better show lined up. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, TimetoShine said:

I agree but I’m not planning on watching so I guess it won’t matter to me either way. I’m happy CD is leaving and hope he has a better show lined up. 

Yeah, I hope he has a better show lined up too. 

I don't give a rat's ass about her though, and I hope I never see her and those clenched teeth ever again.  

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I hope they're not leaving as a couple.

I am hoping that Chicago Med brought Robin back to usher Connor off screen. He is clearly still in love with her, so HEA wraps it up nicely. Maybe he follows her when she leaves. 

• Love 6