Type keyword(s) to search

General Pilot & Shows In Development Discussion

• Start Topic

and there was also a short-lived series that followed a group of district attorney, but I don't remember the name of it right now.

Law and Order: Trial by Jury

Also Conviction, which was Dick Wolf's answer to Grey's Anatomy, and was set in the L&O universe.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 1

At the time of Law & Order dominance, NBC would also fill their saturdays with a repeat of each L&O. I hung out with a friend as she watched them. Put together I thought it was really clear how formualic the three were (though I feel like SVU has gotten more rapey since then) but she enjoyed them so I did bit my tongue. I don't understand how one can marathon it.

I don't understand how one can marathon it.

Easily.  Oh so very easily with the original.  The others?  Not so much.  I can and have but it's pretty rare and usually not intentionally.

L&O: Original Recipe is the one show I love binging the most.  The formula makes it a comfort binge.  The fact that its episodic makes it even better because there's none of the "just one more to see what happens" anxiety that I sometimes experience with serialized shows.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2

Law and Order: Trial by Jury

Also Conviction, which was Dick Wolf's answer to Grey's Anatomy, and was set in the L&O universe.

It must have been Trial by Jury since this would've been before Grey's Anatomy. I didn't actually watch the show, just remember thinking they might have stretched their brand a bit too far for me.

At the time of Law & Order dominance, NBC would also fill their saturdays with a repeat of each L&O. I hung out with a friend as she watched them. Put together I thought it was really clear how formualic the three were (though I feel like SVU has gotten more rapey since then) but she enjoyed them so I did bit my tongue. I don't understand how one can marathon it.

I renewed my love of radio during that period of time. I loved the original Law and Order, but one was enough for me.

Updates on CBS' Drew pilot:

• Sarah Shahi (Person of Interest, Life, The L Word) has been cast as the lead, Nancy Drew, who is now a thirty-something  NYPD detective (Deadline.com)
  • Other casting developments: Anthony Edwards (Goose!) is set to play Nancy's father, Vanessa Ferlito (Graceland, CSI: New York) will be playing another NYPD detective, and Felix Solis (The Good Wife, The Following) has been cast as an NYPD lieutenant and presumably Nancy's boss. (Deadline.com, see link above)

Shahi's addition makes this a "must check out" for me, however I despise soulless in-name-only adaptations, and the fact that this comes from two Grey's Anatomy writers/producers (Joan Rater and Tony Phelan) worries me that this may have too many soapy relationship shenanigans, although having the show being under the CBS umbrella might help mitigate that issue.

• Love 4

Just looking at the description for this "Nancy Drew" pilot, nearly everything in there has been done to death already:

from CBS Studios, is described as a contemporary take on the character from the books, with Nancy (Shahi), now in her 30s, working as a detective for the NYPD where she investigates and solves crimes using her uncanny observational skills, all while navigating the complexities of life in a modern world.

What exactly is the 'hook' here? It's not the Nancy Drew brand since they seem to be changing everything that defined it. The name itself might be somewhat known, but not very popular in today's culture. (Even though Elementary changed a lot of things to make it a modern procedural, Sherlock Holmes has always been popular, so it worked.) Are they counting on the lead herself to carry this? I like Shahi, but even bigger stars haven't been able to launch a series.

• Love 3

Just looking at the description for this "Nancy Drew" pilot, nearly everything in there has been done to death already:

Bet you anything that she's lost a loved one under tragic and mysterious circumstances and has been trying to solve the mystery all her life. Key clues to pursue will surface regularly during sweeps and in season-ending cliffhangers.

• Love 1

Anyone else excited about Sarah Michelle Gellar reprising her Cruel Intentions role for the new NBC sequel show?  I'm really glad that this worked out.  Sarah completely rocked the role in the original movie so glad to see her playing an adult version of the character. 

Anthony Edwards is playing Sarah Shahi's father? [Does the math] It works, barely. God, I'm old.

I feel ya on that, AfY.

From ABC:

The Second Fattest Wife in Westport could be funny if Katy Mixon's supporting cast is really good. KM was fab as Victoria on Mike &  Molly and I wish her the best on the new show. I think we have a new entrant into the Worst Title on a Rookie Show; it goes next to Terriers and CougarTown.

From Fox:

The Enforcers with Niecy Nash. They are Code Enforcement inspectors! They are working moms! It's still important!

Zoobiquity with Marsha Thomason, Peter Facinelli and Kim Raver mixing veterinary and human medicine to heal an assortment of folks? It could be fun. Even if I wonder how The Fatch's Max Lord will be handled on Supergirl.

From NBC:

Midnight Texas:  A supernatural drama based on Charlaine Harris books.

Edited by Actionmage

Zoobiquity with Marsha Thomason, Peter Facinelli and Kim Raver mixing veterinary and human medicine to heal an assortment of folks? It could be fun. Even if I wonder how The Fatch's Max Lord will be handled on Supergirl.

Looked it up...Apparently its not about doctors treating werewolves, centaurs, mermaids, and gorgons.

• Love 2

So, here comes trailer season for the new pilots. Up first is the NBC pilots.

Last season, I ended up not watching the majority of the ones that I said that I would. This season may turn out similarly, but here are my thoughts on the pilots for NBC.

The Good Place: It has potential, but I'm not quite sure how long it'll last. The premise reminds me of Dead Like Me a little bit, or at least the tone does. Kristen Bell and Ted Danson sold me on giving it a try. I'm not sure yet if I'll enjoy the humour, but it does look enjoyable enough that I might stick with it. But alas, my streak with all comedies/sitcoms have ended in cancellation. The last comedy that made me laugh out loud from the trailer alone was Enlisted, and we all know how that turned out. 

This Is Us: I'm not quite sure what the premise is exactly? I mean, it looks cute for sure, but I wasn't sold on the trailer. I like the actors well enough, but I'm not sure what the show is about, so the trailer fell kind of flat. 

Timeless: I didn't like this trailer much. It just looks like the lead female is going to be the super special girl who has a connection to the main antagonist. It has the potential to be a major failure. The only person I liked was the black male. Matt Lanter looks like he'll be the love interest, which bores me to tears. Oh no, he has a super sad backstory. I'm just not sold, but it probably will end up getting renewed for a second season. 

Overall, not a great start to the trailer season. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I will be watching The Good Place for Kristen Bell, I love her. 

What is This Is Us about? 

Timeless. The characters look generic and the time travel is going to make me dizzy. No thanks.

I hope NBC finds a spot for Cruel Intentions. I want Smidge back on my TV.

I wasn't too sure of the Nancy Drew treatment, but I'm annoyed that CBS passed because it's "too female."

Edited by Minneapple
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

I will be watching The Good Place for Kristen Bell, I love her. 

What is This Is Us about? 

Timeless. The characters look generic and the time travel is going to make me dizzy. No thanks.

We'll talk more about these in the forums they make for them, I guess, but my first big knee jerk with Good Place was "sounds like it would be really funny for 3 or 4 episodes, then get old". Honestly, it sounds like a movie idea to me, not a series. How do you sustain the concept?

I've seen it compared already to Dead Like Me, but that doesn't seem right. To me it seems more like Albert Brooks' Defending Your Life. Which is a brilliant film and I don't know how anyone would top it.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

I wasn't too sure of the Nancy Drew treatment, but I'm annoyed that CBS passed because it's "too female."

Too female? Seriously, CBS? I wasn't looking forward to the Nancy Drew reboot because it had nothing to do with Nancy Drew and it felt like an excuse and a hook to get people to watch another boring procedural (I have very strong feelings about one of my favourite childhood series), but that's just a very ignorant comment from whoever the spokesperson for CBS is.

3 minutes ago, Kromm said:

We'll talk more about these in the forums they make for them, I guess, but my first big knee jerk with Good Place was "sounds like it would be really funny for 3 or 4 episodes, then get old". Honestly, it sounds like a movie idea to me, not a series. How do you sustain the concept?

I've seen it compared already to Dead Like Me, but that doesn't seem right. To me it seems more like Albert Brooks' Defending Your Life. Which is a brilliant film and I don't know how anyone would top it.

I feel like all of these would be fine movie ideas. I think that's what the problem is. It's hard to see a long term plan with these shows. They're somewhat unique ideas, but ones that could easily be told in a two hour film. 

As for the Brooks film, I've never seen it, so I cannot comment on it. 

• Love 1
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Too female? Seriously, CBS? I wasn't looking forward to the Nancy Drew reboot because it had nothing to do with Nancy Drew and it felt like an excuse and a hook to get people to watch another boring procedural (I have very strong feelings about one of my favourite childhood series), but that's just a very ignorant comment from whoever the spokesperson for CBS is.

What they likely meant is that it skewed too female in it's expected demographic, and they apparently aren't pursuing that anymore. Which is actually kind of silly to say for other reasons than mere political correctness. Their best rated new drama last year was the female skewing Supergirl (which only didn't get renewed there because of economic reasons). The Good Wife, which always did well at CBS was female skewing. Madam Secretary almost certainly is. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Kromm said:

What they likely meant is that it skewed too female in it's expected demographic, and they apparently aren't pursuing that anymore. Which is actually kind of silly to say for other reasons than mere political correctness. Their best rated new drama last year was the female skewing Supergirl (which only didn't get renewed there because of economic reasons). The Good Wife, which always did well at CBS was female skewing. Madam Secretary almost certainly is. 

It probably is that, but it's still an ignorant comment to me that makes it sound like being too female is a bad thing. They basically said "yeah, having a female show appeal to a mostly female demographic is not good, so we're passing". It honestly sounds like they didn't want to pick it up because they also can't find another show to pair it with (which is ridiculous but ok). Looking at the CBS pilots of this year, we have three comedies, two of them centered around dads who decide to spend more time at home, a goddamn Dr. Phil inspired drama, a Katherine Heigl drama, a reboot of MacGyver, a new medical show, and a Training Day sequel. A lot of them sound like they're targeting a male demographic, which I guess I'd get if CBS had more male viewership (I'm not sure if they do). But having a female-driven procedural at least would be different, instead of another typical 'male lead discovers things about himself', or 'Look at another medical show on TV and it's different this time guys! There's a veteran doc with a TRAGIC PAST'. 

And now I realize I probably would have been fine with the Nancy Drew show. I just find it ridiculous that CBS worded their statement so poorly by calling the show 'too female' and giving that as a reason for not picking it up. 

• Love 2

I may have gotten accustomed to shorter streaming series of 10-13 episodes and U.K. imports with 3-4 90 minute airings, because I now wonder how any show can keep a premise going for 20+ episodes.

I usually try to sample all new network shows, but since NBC couldn't even get the concept across for This Is Us in their trailer, Imma have to pass on that one.

• Love 1

I'm hopeful for The Good Place.  I love Parks and Rec and Brooklyn 99 so I'm definitely giving it a chance.  I'm not sure what This Is Us is about (following the lives of a few people who share the same birthday is what I took from the trailer) but it looks like it could be super schmaltzy so I'm wary.  Timeless has a neat premise and I thought the trailer was intriguing so I'll at least check out the first few episodes.  2 out of 3 for NBC isn't bad as far as I'm concerned.

3 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

I'm hopeful for The Good Place.  I love Parks and Rec and Brooklyn 99 so I'm definitely giving it a chance.  I'm not sure what This Is Us is about (following the lives of a few people who share the same birthday is what I took from the trailer) but it looks like it could be super schmaltzy so I'm wary.  Timeless has a neat premise and I thought the trailer was intriguing so I'll at least check out the first few episodes.  2 out of 3 for NBC isn't bad as far as I'm concerned.

Well they're also adding another annoying Chicago show, aren't they? I suppose they didn't have to show a trailer for that, because everyone knows exactly what it's going to be like already.

• Love 1

The Good Place seems like it would be funny in a brilliant but cancelled kind of way.

This is Us doesn't look promising, but its from the EP of Galavant, so I'll give it a shot anyways,

I was reading about Atwell's show being picked up and have never been so freaked and then relieved that a TV actor had a twin.   I got used to Agent Carter being gone.  You can't mess with Killjoys.  But apparently there are two Ashmores.

• Love 1

This is Us reminded me of Sense8 in that it seems to be an anthology of separate lives and stories, but whether the people are ultimately linked by something other than their birthdays remains to be seen. As with all such shows, viewers are left to pick which people they respond to and either fast-forward through the stories they don't care for or figure it's not worth it altogether and bail.

I already pre-disliked the overweight woman because I'm tired of "see the true person beneath the exterior" journeys and already watched a couple seasons of Extreme Weight Loss . Her preview also had the most crying.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, BetterButter said:

Much as I hate reboot/remake mania, that's not the worst idea ever, since it was so largely unexplored. Plus it's something maybe Smith is capable of doing. He's always claimed he would be incompetent at any kind of sci-fi production, because he's got no deep knowledge of effects/greenscreening, but if Flash helped him get over that, he certainly does love his geek stuff (although he seems like he was really soft on Batman v. Superman compared to how I thought he'd react to that movie--maybe his friendship with Affleck got in the way of him being totally honest). 

And really they haven't even found someone willing to buy the show yet. And it clearly hasn't been written. It may never happen. 

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, lordonia said:

This is Us reminded me of Sense8 in that it seems to be an anthology of separate lives and stories, but whether the people are ultimately linked by something other than their birthdays remains to be seen. As with all such shows, viewers are left to pick which people they respond to and either fast-forward through the stories they don't care for or figure it's not worth it altogether and bail.

I already pre-disliked the overweight woman because I'm tired of "see the true person beneath the exterior" journeys and already watched a couple seasons of Extreme Weight Loss . Her preview also had the most crying.

I really like all the cast involved in This is Us, but have to admit the trailer seemed a little incomplete.  I was waiting for the eventual tag that was going to show us that all four main characters were related, sort of like a dramatic Modern Family. 

We saw in one clip that Justin Hartly's character was conversing with the actress who has the overweight storyline.  Then when the black guys storyline was him being abandoned as a child, I immediately thought they were all siblings.

I'm sure the show will establish an overreaching connection between the four of them outside of them sharing a birthday.  If they don't know one another there has to be a big event that brings them together.

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Kromm said:

Much as I hate reboot/remake mania, that's not the worst idea ever, since it was so largely unexplored. Plus it's something maybe Smith is capable of doing. He's always claimed he would be incompetent at any kind of sci-fi production, because he's got no deep knowledge of effects/greenscreening, but if Flash helped him get over that, he certainly does love his geek stuff (although he seems like he was really soft on Batman v. Superman compared to how I thought he'd react to that movie--maybe his friendship with Affleck got in the way of him being totally honest).

And really they haven't even found someone willing to buy the show yet. And it clearly hasn't been written. It may never happen. 

After seeing this, I looked around and Smith hosted a film festival showing panel of Buckaroo Banzai a few years ago.  He's probably the right guy to do this because he was one of those kids that saw the movie and in pre-internet age searched/hoped for it and its sequel named in the end credits longer than any millennial could understand.  I was one of those kids.  So happy with the idea that we may finally get to see Buckaroo Banzai: World Crime League.

I do think that its very cult.  Its going to take another Gen-Xer overcome with nostalgia to get it on the air.

• Love 2

Lets chat for a minute about the horror that is the Dr. Phil origin story, picked up by CBS and starring Michael Weatherly. These tidbits from the announcement of the pilot:

And I quote...."inspired by the talk show host, during his days as head of one of the most prolific trial consulting services of all time. His character is described as having a physicality and feral intelligence that make him magnetic to women and a bruising candor"

Bull's team who provides legal strategy includes only one lawyer.  The rest of the team is rounded out by a female psychologist/ neurolinguistics expert/ licensed sex therapist and a stylist named Chunk and a former football player.

Dr Phil co-wrote pilot.  Dr Phil and his son are producers.

This is a train wreck waiting to happen.

• Love 8

So, I just watched the Fox trailers.

APB: You know, for what it's worth, they took a procedural and tried to do something different. It's actually kind of interesting. I enjoyed the trailer more than I thought I would. It's something I could see lasting a couple of seasons, and I'm interested in seeing if they do anything differently.

The Exorcist: Not really interested. It looks like it should be a mini series, if that. The mother of the girl who's possessed bugs me, and she's always bugged me. I probably won't watch unless the show gets stellar reviews.

Lethal Weapon: I never saw the original, so I doubt this will interest me, much like Minority Report and Limitless. I don't know if I'll watch. The trailer interested me JUST enough for me to consider watching the pilot.

Making History: A comedic time traveling show? I might actually watch this. It could end up being horrible, but it's a unique twist on the time traveling shows that they've had. Plus, Leighton Meester is enjoyable to watch. I just think they might have shown too much of the pilot in that trailer. They should have cut it down by a minute.

The Mick: I think I've seen this type of show before....oh yeah, in quite a few shows. It may not be exactly the same, but there's always this fun, irresponsible nanny/sister who has to take on a bratty teenager, a cute but annoying kid under ten and a middle child who probably is the most likeable. The sister/mother of these kids is usually rich or seemingly perfect but then something happens and they need the irresponsible woman to take care of the kids. It just feel rehashed. I don't quite see how this is going to interest me if the other twenty shows, both comedies and dramas, didn't. I probably won't tune in.

Pitch: This looks like an interesting show. I'm not really interested in sports, but I do appreciate that a sports show is about a female, and a woman of colour no less. I do hope they do this justice. I'll tune in to check it out.

Shots Fired: Well, this looks interesting. I know it's a limited series, so I'll definitely check it out. 

Son of Zorn: It doesn't look like my type of show, mostly because the half real half CGI thing doesn't work for me. It just looks corny. I do appreciate the uniqueness of it, though. If people say it's better than how it looks, I'll give it a shot. 

Star: Eh, I wasn't impressed nor was I unimpressed by the trailer. We'll see if I'll watch it. Right now, I don't know if I'm interested enough.

Overall, there's a couple I'll definitely watch, a couple I'm willing to watch, and others where I'm not interested in now. 

Okay, Compare/Contrast between NBC's time travel show and FOX's.... I think I'm more on board with FOX's.  I laughed a few times during that preview.  And frankly it's take on black vs. white perceptions of history seems like it will be played with a wittier hand.

• Love 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Dr Phil co-wrote pilot.  Dr Phil and his son are producers.

This is a train wreck waiting to happen.

What could possibly go wrong? ;-)

Edited by Moose135
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Lethal Weapon: I never saw the original, so I doubt this will interest me, much like Minority Report and Limitless. I don't know if I'll watch. The trailer interested me JUST enough for me to consider watching the pilot.

There is so much in that trailer that Is lifted directly from the movie. It makes me think that they show can't sustain itself.

40 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Limitless the series was good though (although perhaps people who only saw the pilot wouldn't be totally on board). It was in the same universe as the movie and had one reoccurring character in common, but was really quite different. That said, it was also a lesson in how not to get an audience, because the movie had no drawing power and thus not enough people watched the show.  Whereas Lethal Weapon won't have that problem, they're supposing--people know it. The downside is that people will be comparing it to the movie and likely find it wanting in comparison. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kromm said:

That said, it was also a lesson in how not to get an audience, because the movie had no drawing power and thus not enough people watched the show.  Whereas Lethal Weapon won't have that problem, they're supposing--people know it. The downside is that people will be comparing it to the movie and likely find it wanting in comparison. 

I think scheduling did Limitless* in more than the fact that the movie wasn't a draw.  (*In that I don't think it could sustain it's week on, week off, two weeks on, two weeks off random scheduling as well as procedurals will.)  The trailer for Lethal Weapon did feel lifted from the movie but I don't think that necessarily dooms it.  A lot of adaptations have had their early issues of being too beholden to the source material before finally developing into their own thing.  That said, I don't have much interest in the Lethal Weapon series.   I think Lord & Miller must speak to me because I really enjoy Last Man on Earth and the promos for both of their new shows made me laugh.  In fact, I was a little surprised just how much Making History made me laugh. Pitch also looks intriguing. 

Otherwise, I'll wait for the reviews.  But maybe I should just give up. It feels like everything I watched this season got cancelled. I can handle one or two but not the bloodbath of this season.

• Love 1

It's so depressing to see a new show's cast list full of actors you really enjoy....Steven Pasquale, Laverne Cox, Dreama Walker...and then realize that the lead is Katherine Heigl. 

• Love 6

For reference, regarding the Nancy Drew pilot that CBS passed on, here's the Deadline article where the "too female" quote comes from:

Drew is not going forward at CBS but is being shopped to other outlets by CBS TV Studios. I hear the pilot tested well but skewed too female for CBS’ schedule. In the end of the day, I hear the network had no 8 PM or 9 PM slot available.

(emphasis added)

The "no slot available" is just an excuse, because if they actually liked the series, it could have been saved as a mid-season replacement, to launch in February, or even earlier, if one of the Fall shows bombed.

It's disappointing, but on the other hand, I was never enamored with the heavily modified premise. I would have preferred a more "iconic" Nancy Drew, which as a modern interpretation, would probably be an independent recent college graduate, who is an entrepreneur of some sort. Or, if they went with an older Drew, then give her a teenage daughter who takes up the amateur detective mantle. Either way, both premises would probably be best suited for the CW or FreeForm (formerly ABC Family).

• Love 1

I was surprised when a saw a promo photo for ABC's Still Star-Crossed; for some reason I thought this was going to have a contemporary setting, but it's a period piece.

ABC Fall trailers are up now!

Designated Survivor: I mean, it has Kiefer Sutherland, Kal Penn, and Maggie Q. I don't know whether a Cabinet member could actually become President overnight, even with everyone dead. Maybe a temporary one until they can elect a new President, but whatever. I don't love the idea, but I'll tune in to the pilot for the actors.

American Housewife: I'm not that impressed. I didn't laugh at the trailer, but thank god they changed the name. I probably won't watch. It doesn't look hilarious, but I'm also open to be surprised.

Conviction: I'm planning to tune in just for Hayley Atwell alone. The trailer looked fun and I'm definitely looking forward to this. I did laugh at the "From a producer from Grey's Anatomy". Just a producer, who cares who?

Downward Dog: It's something that looks cute, but I don't quite know what it would be like in its second and third season. This is an idea that could end up working really well, or it'll crash and burn by the second episode. I was fairly impressed, though. It looks funny, but in a sweet way. 

Imaginary Mary: It doesn't look good. A hard pass for me. Honestly, the imaginary friend is something that creeps me out. 

Notorious: Well, there's another Graceland actor on a new show. I don't hate the idea, but I'm not sure about Piper Perabo. I haven't seen Covert Affairs, but I've seen some of her other works and I haven't been impressed. It's a show I can see lasting at least two seasons, but I don't know. I'm going to wait for reviews to decide.

Speechless: I actually thought the trailer was good? It's probably the best new comedy so far on any of the networks who posted their trailers. I actually laughed at the wheelchair ramp scene with the principal. It looks like it'll be good fun. I do think a couple of characters will be annoying, but I might actually look forward to this. But I also know that I probably could skip the pilot, as they gave the entire thing away....besides maybe some other jokes they're saving for the episode.

Still Star-Crossed: I am surprised it's a period piece. I'm actually interested in this series. I wasn't sure I would be, but the trailer was good. I'll give it a try.

Time After Time: I think it looks good too. Jack the Ripper and HG Wells in the modern era? Plus, it's from Kevin Williamson, so I'm in. 

• Love 1

Designated Survivor: I mean, it has Kiefer Sutherland, Kal Penn, and Maggie Q. I don't know whether a Cabinet member could actually become President overnight, even with everyone dead. Maybe a temporary one until they can elect a new President, but whatever. I don't love the idea, but I'll tune in to the pilot for the actors.

This is real. There is a designated order of succession and if everybody above him is dead, he fills out the presidential term. I imagine there would be enormous pressure from his party to pick someone 'Presidential' as his Veep and then resign, but he's under no obligation to do so.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Downward Dog: It's something that looks cute, but I don't quite know what it would be like in its second and third season. This is an idea that could end up working really well, or it'll crash and burn by the second episode. I was fairly impressed, though. It looks funny, but in a sweet way. 

The part about Cats being evil seems cool, but this could get old really quick.  When someone has to steal from "Dog With A Blog", that's kind of a shoddy idea.

• Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

This is real. There is a designated order of succession and if everybody above him is dead, he fills out the presidential term. I imagine there would be enormous pressure from his party to pick someone 'Presidential' as his Veep and then resign, but he's under no obligation to do so.

Yeah, it's funny that would "legitimize" a President more in some people's view, but the flip side is that least the lower level cabinet member was appointed BY an elected official (whereas the appointed VP would have been appointed by a non-elected one). 

Edited by Kromm
11 minutes ago, Kromm said:

The part about Cats being evil seems cool, but this could get old really quick.  When someone has to steal from "Dog With A Blog", that's kind of a shoddy idea.

The writeup says it's based on a web series.

(edited)

ABC's pilots look pretty solid, no wonder they canceled everything on their schedule. Even the stuff I probably won't watch looks pretty good.

Anyway, Still Star-Crossed looks surprisingly good. I'll give that one, plus Conviction (because Hayley Atwell) and Time After Time a try. Time After Time looks like the most charming of the time travel shows to me. Although I still think the time travel will make me dizzy.

Edited by Minneapple