Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast in Other Roles: Finally Out of Harlan, Dead or Alive

Saying Farewell at the Final Night of ‘Mad Men’

The cast for the “Wheel” reading was scattershot. Fred Savage, who came to prominence on television as the child star of “The Wonder Years,” a show also about the 1960s, voiced the character of Pete Campbell in a performance that felt like a playful homage to Vincent Kartheiser’s portrayal. Kevin Pollak did much the same with his take on the ever-eccentric Bert Cooper, even walking onstage carrying his shoes, a nod to Cooper’s Japanophilia. The “Mad Men” veteran Colin Hanks, who played Father Gill in earlier seasons, tackled the impossible role of Don Draper, but the true star of the show was the 18-year-old Kaitlyn Dever, who channeled Season 1 Peggy with equal parts innocence and cynicism.

Kaitlyn Dever (Loretta) is definitely going places!

Caught this movie, The Broken Hearts Club, on cable this past weekend.  It's about a group of gay friends in LA and had some very nice moments.  Tons of cute actors including Timothy Olyphant, Dean Cain, Justin Theroux and others.  Funny thing is, I don't find TO nearly as attractive in his early roles as I do now.  When he was young, he tended to look really young to me.  I prefer his middle-aged sexiness.  ;-)

Dewey Crowe (Damon Harriman) just showed up on Scorpion as a brilliant hard ass spy. Bow tie and everything. Go Dewey go!

The accent totally threw me. I was staring at him so long going, "I know that face..." Finally realized it was Dewey.

Every time this thread shows up with a new post, I'm hoping it's a role for Jacob Pitts...

• Love 1

I saw Hold Onto Me Darling on Saturday night.   This is the new play by Kenneth Lonergan, which stars Timothy Olyphant .
The play could definitely use some editing, but the performances were all good, with Jenn Lyon, who played Lindsey, the bartender in seasons 3/4 of Justified being one of the standouts.   Adelaide Clemmens from Rectify is also in it, basically playing the character of Tawney from Rectify.   I was pleasantly surprised at how well Olyphant did,and you get a good 10 minutes of him in his skivvies :)

• Love 1