Type keyword(s) to search

The Catch-all, a place for Legends of, Specials and one-offs

• Start Topic

I really hope the daughter's allegations are untrue.   I don't want another reality show derailed by scandal.   Plus I like Sig the best of all the captains.   I hope what he says about wanting to reunify with a structure are true.   I hope the daughter isn't just graspy and greedy.   I want to believe Sig would have helped with law school.   He has stated multiple times that Mandy needs an education not just fishing, so I can't see him not supporting another child who wanted an education.   But I can also see him not just writing a blank check.   

The truth is though, we don't know these people.   We know what they show on tv.   But I really really really hope this is just a messed up family situation.

• Love 1

If the allegations are false, it's still possible that the daughter thinks they're true. If she's been told since she was 2 years old that she was molested, she probably wouldn't know the difference between truth and fiction at this point.

• Love 2

This is terrible no matter how you slice it. The allegations are so damaging, there are some who never believe he is innocent.  If he is guilty then wow, his poor family.  The divorce was a long time ago and by it's very nature, likely to be acrimonious. I don't claim to know the details but there seems to have been very little contact between Father and Daughter but really, I have no idea.  I do know that if I suddenly became rich and famous there would be relatives who come out of the woodwork with their hands out. They may even be full of threats if I were not generous enough to suit them.  It's pretty common.

• Love 1

Child abuse is about as low as you can get. OTOH falsely accusing someone of abuse knowingly would have to be just as low. At this late date, I don't see any possibility of proving the alleged abuse, so don't see why the case should have been reopened judging by what is in the articles. What I read seems to indicate there was not enough evidence at the time to substantiate the charges. So now, decades later, pieces of the (closed) file have been selected and released to resurrect the charges - not the whole file, just selected pieces of evidence. Unless there is new evidence, I have to agree this is at best wasted effort, or worse attempted blackmail.

ITA with Stampiron that it is entirely possible that the daughter believes she was abused. For those who are too young to remember, or have just forgotten, this alleged incident took place not long after several celebrated cases where young children were coached into believing they had been abused. Child protective services bought the alleged abuse, and people were sentenced to long long prison terms, only to be exonerated after years of prison. Lives were ruined, and no matter that the convictions were later overturned, these people, and the children, will be forever haunted by this sad affair.

One of the more infamous cases took place in my home county.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kern_County_child_abuse_cases 36 people were convicted. 34 convictions overturned after long appeal. The other two people died in prison. Part of why the CPS workers bought the sordid story was a best seller, Michelle Remembers, which tells a story of a woman with repressed memories of abuse. For awhile the book was accepted as gospel, and the author became an expert witness testifying in several big time abuse cases. Problem with the book is that almost as soon as it came out many of the supposedly repressed memories were disproven  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Remembers#Criticism_and_debunking  Just to make it worse, the author continued to be viewed as an expert, married his psychiatric patient, the woman with the "repressed memories," and appeared on Oprah and  20/20 - all years after the inconsistencies in the "memories" written as fact in the book had been pointed out.

Edited by SRTouch
Wording changed
  • Love 3

I was shocked by this too. I did not know Sig was previously married and had a daughter. I did know he had adopted Mandy and Nina when he married his second wife. This can all be verified via Court records. While the Court dose not release such records, Sig's attorney at the time when have the records regarding this.  Sounds like a money grab to me. Yes, the McMartin case in LA was one of the biggest cases for false accusations where the owners of the preschool went to jail, served long jail terms, and than found to be innocent of the charges.

Has anyone heard any news on Jake Harris and how he is doing?  I had also seen via a FB post that Zach Larson was on the Breanna A.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 1

I have personal experience with a sister who decided she needed to "explain" why she had made a mess of her life.  She went to a hack "therapist" who used "regression therapy" to help her "remember" being molested.  Happily, the events she claimed around the actual molestations were very clear in my, and my siblings', memory.  They simply did not happen as she now insisted.  There is no way to 100% disprove her allegations.  But, when she realized we had clear recall and were perfectly willing to testify to such, she dropped that latest, greatest, attempt to avoid personal responsibility.  There have been other ridiculous efforts, but none involving something so serious.

I have NO independent knowledge of the Hansen situation.  I hope that nothing happened and this is just a cash grab.  If he really did do this horrible thing, I hope it costs him dearly.  

• Love 5

Just watched The Legend of Wild Bill.  We finally see Zack's Mum.  Far from being some shrieking harpie or flake, she seems like a nice lady.  The way Bill has carried on, constantly throwing barbs at Zack about being "just like his mother", spoken with such vitriol & venom, she isn't at all what I expected.  Wild Bill sure has a big ole chip on his shoulder just because she raised her son under her maiden name ... the divorce must've been ugly.

• Love 5
(edited)

Well, I never thought she was the problem.  Zach is such a nice guy and she apparently did a good job raising him.  I agree, I think it was a real nasty divorce - especially since she gave Zach her last name.  I can see that Bill must have been a really difficult person to live with.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 3

Well, saw the Wild Bill special and have to say he must have been one difficult guy to live with. Funny his brother says he is just like his father - stubborn and difficult to get along with. I sure could not live with someone like that - lol !  I have a feeling he had that same wild side like Phil did when he was younger. Only difference appears to be that Zach was raised by a good mother unlike Josh and Jake who were stuck with a physically abusive mother and a father who was high/drunk the one or two months he was home.  I have always liked Zach and felt he should never have taken the verbal abuse from Bill and gone back to being an EMT or chosen another occupation. It was sad watching those clips of the verbal abuse Bill flung at Zach from those old shows.  It looks like they have a long way to go before their relationship is ever repaired.

• Love 3

yes, the Wild Bill special really re-affirmed my opinion of him.  He's an ass that can not and will not admit that he screwed up with his family.  It was interesting to hear Zack say that his uncle said that Bill was behaving the same way their father did.  

• Love 3