Type keyword(s) to search

Dream LSB Guests

(edited)

Hmm! You guys had such good suggestions!

I was thinking Kristen Bell because she looks like Malin Ackerman, so she was on my mind during last night's episode. What about Megan Mullally vs Nick Offerman

Just all couples one season. We already have 4 good couples! But best friends work too, so Amy/Tina and then Mindy Kaling vs BJ Novak, Courteney Cox vs Jen Aniston, Matt Damon vs Ben Affleck (or Ben Affleck vs Jennifer Garner), Sir Ian McKellen vs Patrick Stewart, Cameron Diaz vs Drew Barrymore. 

Edited by BoogieBurns
  • Love 2

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. Drew vs. Cameron would be EPIC.

Donnie vs. Mark Wahlberg. Mark has to do NKOTB and Donnie has to do Good Vibrations.

I would like Joseph Gordon Levitt to come back, and do Superbass in full costume.

• Love 3

I love many of the matchups mentioned.  Tina/Amy, Pratt/Farris, Donnie/Mark, Matt/Ben, Cameron/Drew, and (mentioned in another thread) Anderson Cooper vs. Kathy Griffin.

I'd like to add a few as well.

Nick Offerman vs. Craig Robinson.

Nathan Fillion vs. Ryan Reynolds.

Rainn Wilson vs. John Krasinski.

Christina Applegate vs. Emma Stone.

Scott Bakula vs. Andre Braugher.

Andy Samburg vs. Joe Truglio.

• Love 2
(edited)

Delurking with a couple of suggestions:

Chris Vs. Liam Hemsworth

Hugh Jackman Vs. NPH

Dave Franco Vs. James Franco, because I would love to see DF doing his take on Beyoncé & Jay-Z's "Crazy In Love" with DF in drag and Zac Efron as Jay.

Dwayne Johnson Vs. Terry Crews in a "Tay-Tay" based battle. I can see TC doing either "Blank Space" or "You Belong With Me" while DW could do his version of "I Knew You Were Trouble" or "We Are Never, Never, Ever Getting Back Together," complete with horn-rimmed glasses, pajamas, fuzzy slippers and stuffed animals for the latter.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 4
(edited)

I just saw X-Men: Days of Future Past again and not only would I love to see a Professor X/Magneto battle on the show whether it's between James McAvoy & Michael Fassbender or the Sirs, aka McKellen & Stewart, it would be hilarious to see one of them do their take on "I Put A Spell On You," a song which IMO epitomizes the Charles/Erik relationship. Annie Lennox does a great version, but the original by the late Screamin' Jay Hawkins is the best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1AE_bCoPSI

Edited by DollEyes

Hugh Jackman

Jack Black

NPH

Andy Cohen

Tina Fey (I'm surprised she hasn't been on yet!)

Nathan Fillion

Scott Foley

Andy Cohen will be on this summer:

"Episodes later this summer will guest-star Justin Bieber, “Empire” leads Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson, Iggy Azalea, Alison Brie, Will Arnett, Deion Sanders, Andy Cohen, Willie Geist, Nick Young, Victoria Justice and Gregg Sulkin."  

http://nypost.com/2015/04/01/preview-5-epic-lip-sync-battle-celebrity-match-ups/

(edited)

More suggestions:

Stephen Amell Vs. Grant Gustin (or SA Vs. his cousin Robbie Amell)

Anthony Anderson Vs. Tracee Ellis Ross

David Duchovny Vs. Gillian Anderson

Bryan Cranston Vs. Aaron Paul

Peter Dinklage Vs. Nicolaj Coster-Waldau

Idris Elba Vs. Michael B. Jordan or Michael Kenneth Williams (my tribute to The Wire)

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1

Posted to Media thread, but the rest of Season 1 pairings have been released:

July 9 – Alison Brie vs. Will Arnett
July 16 - Justin Bieber vs. Deion Sanders
July 23- Andy Cohen vs. Willie Geist
July 30 - Victoria Justice vs. Gregg Sulkin  
August 6 - Abbi Jacobson vs. Ilana Glazer
August 13 – Iggy Azalea vs. Nick Young
August 20- Terrence Howard vs. Taraji P. Henson (two-part season finale)

• Love 1

Posted to Media thread, but the rest of Season 1 pairings have been released:

July 9 – Alison Brie vs. Will Arnett

July 16 - Justin Bieber vs. Deion Sanders

July 23- Andy Cohen vs. Willie Geist

July 30 - Victoria Justice vs. Gregg Sulkin  

August 6 - Abbi Jacobson vs. Ilana Glazer

August 13 – Iggy Azalea vs. Nick Young

August 20- Terrence Howard vs. Taraji P. Henson (two-part season finale)

Well I can skip July 16th, at the least.

Watching Alison Brie vs. Will Arnett right now, and thinking that Allison Janney would probably be awesome on this. Also I imagine Tom Hanks might do this on the actual Tonight Show, but I highly doubt he'd come do this show. The bookers have put together some incredibly random shows. After the Comic-Con shenanigans, any of the Marvel TV folks would be great. Hayley Attwell vs. Clark Gregg? Yes please! 

I imagine Tom Hanks might do this on the actual Tonight Show, but I highly doubt he'd come do this show.

They managed Anne Hathaway though, didn't they?

Seems to me they've had success pulling on any connection to Emily Blunt. 

Tom Hanks co-starred with Blunt in Charlie Wilson's War.  Ergo the show has a real shot at getting him.

Watching Alison Brie vs. Will Arnett right now, and thinking that Allison Janney would probably be awesome on this. 

Oh, she would!  You've seen CJ Cregg perform "The Jackal," yes?

• Love 2
(edited)

More suggestions:

*Channing Tatum Vs. Jenna Dewan Tatum

*Ryan Reynolds Vs. Blake Lively

*Sullivan Stapleton Vs. Philip Winchester, both of whom are not only the stars of the Cinemax action series Strike Back, which is in its last season, they're also in two upcoming NBC series: SS is in Blindspot and PW is in The Player, which stars Wesley Snipes and since Spike is part of NBC/Universal, doing this show would be  great publicity.

*Mark-Paul Gosselar Vs. Mario Lopez 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1
(edited)

I just watched Tom Cruise do a Lip Sync Battle with Fallon on the Tonight Show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW1_dUBzJV8.  He needs to come onto this show, and do a proper battle.  The problem is in opponents... who would make a worthy adversary to Tom Cruise in a Lip Sync?  Jamie Foxx?  RDJ?  Ben Stiller? 

RDJ, agreed. Or a HotChris? (tm Fuggirls) Evans, Pratt, Hemsworth, Pine? Altho Hemsworth is probably the closest in status. I feel like Jamie Foxx would get ugly - they were friends but apparently Jamie and Katie got a little hot and heavy after the divorce. Ben Affleck? He needs some character rehabilitation after breaking my girl JGarn's heart.

ETA - and why hasn't Chris O'Donnell been on yet?!?!

Edited by betsyboo

Well there's a ton of baggage with Cruise, but considering his career basically started with him lipsyncing in a film, I don't see why anyone would be surprised he's good at it.

(edited)

After seeing this http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/a-complete-history-of-the-2015-dubsmash-war-between-shield-and-agent-carter?hf_campaign=TvReferral&hf_medium=RssFeed&hf_source=Yahoo

I think the Agent Carter team against the SHIELD team would be fun.  Do it as a team with Atwell and DArcy against Gregg and Bennett

Or have Atwell go against Gregg with the prize being Captain America

Edited by Aliconehead

I just thought about checking out the LSB threads this morning and jumped in here to add Chris Pratt and Anna Ferris, but I see that others already thought of it.  I love all the suggestions so far.  Here's another one:  Matt Damon vs. Jimmy Kimmel.

• Love 1
(edited)

For the Scrubs fans,  Zach Braff Vs. Donald Faison

Jake Gyllenhaal Vs. Maggie Gyllenhaal

Meryl Streep Vs. Helen Mirren

Re my Mark-Paul Gosselar Vs. Mario Lopez suggestion, the icing on the cake would be if Mark-Paul used Tiffani Thiessen in his performance while Mario used Elizabeth Berkeley in his, as a mini "Zack Attack" reunion of sorts.

My vote for Tom Cruise doing the show: "Hell, no!" Seeing Bieber there was bad enough.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 2

I just thought about checking out the LSB threads this morning and jumped in here to add Chris Pratt and Anna Ferris, but I see that others already thought of it.  I love all the suggestions so far.  Here's another one:  Matt Damon vs. Jimmy Kimmel.

That would be epic.

Wouldn't Matt Damon vs. Ben Affleck be even more logical?

The bad press Affleck has gotten might even not be a factor, because this is a controlled environment, not likely to shoot for a few months, and in fact would be a good way to distract people from his marriage problems.  Also, Bat vs Supes is gonna need some more promotion sooner or later, and this is a low key way.

(edited)
Wouldn't Matt Damon vs. Ben Affleck be even more logical?

It's a running joke at the end of every Kimmel show that he "apologizes" for bumping Matt Damon due to time. Actually having them on the same stage would be inherently funny.

ETA: quoting original post

Edited by Lovecat

It's a running joke at the end of every Kimmel show that he "apologizes" for bumping Matt Damon due to time. Actually having them on the same stage would be inherently funny.

Do we really think that they'd invite Kimmel (or he'd accept) on a show that was co-created by his direct Late Night TV competitor, Jimmy Fallon?

Not that the two are hostile (they're no Leno/Letterman or Leno/Conan or Leno/Joan Rivers for that matter), but I'm sure with all their choices for bookings, Kimmel wouldn't be near the top of the list.

(edited)

Do we really think that they'd invite Kimmel (or he'd accept) on a show that was co-created by his direct Late Night TV competitor, Jimmy Fallon?

Not that the two are hostile (they're no Leno/Letterman or Leno/Conan or Leno/Joan Rivers for that matter), but I'm sure with all their choices for bookings, Kimmel wouldn't be near the top of the list.

Oh, I have no idea--I wasn't the one who made the initial suggestion.  I was just clarifying for another poster why Damon/Kimmel was suggested in the first place, rather than Damon/Affleck.

ETA:  And in retrospect, I see that I didn't quote the post I was replying to, which would have had it make more sense.  Pre-coffee interneting FTW!

ETA2:  Oh lord, now I see that you *were* the original poster, so you probably don't need that [wo]man'splained!  Nvrmnd, folks, nothin' to see here... 

Edited by Lovecat
  • Love 1

maybe it's too soon after Glee, but I'd kinda like to see Darren Criss vs either Chord Overstreet or Jane Lynch. If nothing else just to see how far Darren would take it.

Or, how about Matt Bomer vs Evan Peters for the AHS fans?

• Love 3

Having Darren Criss on the show is a great idea. He could not only compete against Chord Overstreet or Jane Lynch, I can also see Chris Colfer, Matthew Morrison or Lea Michele as potential opponents.  

Matt Bomer and/or Evan Peters on the show would also be awesome. Other AHS picks would be Lily Rabe, Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett and Finn Wittrock.

More suggestions:

Matthew McConaghey Vs. Woody Harrelson

Colin Farrell Vs. Jeremy Renner-with LL there, it would be a mini S.W.A.T. reunion

Craig Robinson Vs. Rainn Wilson

Keegan-Michael Key Vs. Jordan Peele

Ian Ziering Vs. Tara Reid

Bryce Dallas Howard Vs. Jessica Chastain, proving once and for all that they're two different people.

ETA more suggestions:

Live Schrieber Vs. either his brother Pablo or Liev's GF Naomi Watts

Andrew Lincoln Vs. Norman Reedus

Chris Hardwick Vs. Zachary Levi

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 2

Probably not--I didn't think of that when I suggested it.  Since the thread is called "Dream" LSB Guests, I just thought I'd throw it in the mix because I bet it would be hysterical, especially after the "I'm $#%^ Matt Damon", "I'm %$#& Ben Affleck" videos.

• Love 1

How about Riki Lindhome vs Kate Micucci (aka Garfunkel and Oates)?

These days (to cross promote "Another Period"--presumably a Season 2 of that will be coming around not too far from when we see Season 2 of LSB) you could also do Riki Lindhome vs Natasha Leggero.

I need Michael Buble to do this. He would have no problem making a fool of himself. Pit him against Blake Shelton! They have a bromance - and Blake could use some good press right now.

I need Michael Buble to do this. He would have no problem making a fool of himself. Pit him against Blake Shelton! They have a bromance - and Blake could use some good press right now.

Why? Blake is doing fine right about now having his P.R. people pull strings to make Miranda be the one who looks bad.

Even though it's owned by ABC/Disney, a Star Wars-themed episode would be awesome. The participants could be either Mark Hamill Vs. Carrie Fisher, John Boyega Vs. Daisy Ridley or Oscar Isaac Vs. Adam Driver, which could also be a mini Inside Llewyn Davis reunion. If Driver or Isaac did a song by their former co-stat Justin Timberlake, even better.

Would a Mark Hamill/Carrie Fisher match-up go over well with a 64 yo Mark? (and Carrie didn't look that good on her Big Bang Theory appearance)

IMO, yes, it would. When it comes to a LSB, what matters to me is how the contestants bring it, not how old they are nor how "hot" they're supposed to be.

Edited by DollEyes