Type keyword(s) to search

Media, Ratings and Scheduling: Open Source Intelligence

ABC drama pilot picked up for the 2015-2016 season. Written/created by Josh Saffran (Gossip Girl) and executive produced by Mark Gordon (Criminal Minds, among many others).  More details, including a trailer and/or pilot excerpts, should be available after next week's upfront presentation.

The cast includes Bollywood star and 2000 Miss World Winner, Priyanka Chopra (Wikipedia),  as well as Dougray Scott (Prince Henry in Ever After, Ian Hainsworth on Desperate Housewives, and most recently, Norman Godfrey on Netflix's Hemlock Grove), Aunjanue Ellis. (Hanna's wife on NCIS:LA, Madeleine Hightower on The Mentalist), and Graham Rogers (Danny on NBC's Revolution).

Synopsis from the ABC Press site (with IMDb links added):

A diverse group of recruits have arrived at the FBI Quantico Base for training. They are the best, the brightest and the most vetted, so it seems impossible that one of them is suspected of masterminding the biggest attack on New York City since 9/11.

“Quantico” stars Priyanka Chopra as Alex, Dougray Scott as Liam, Jake McLaughlin as Ryan, Aunjanue Ellis as Miranda, Yasmine Al Massri as Nimah, Johanna Braddy as Shelby, Tate Ellington as Simon Asher and Graham Rogers as Caleb Haas.

“Quantico” was written by Josh Safran. Executive producers are Josh Safran, Mark Gordon and Nick Pepper. “Quantico” is produced by ABC Studios.

Cast Photo:

1000x625.jpg

ABC moves it to Sundays at 10pm. My gut reaction is that this is a bad omen. 10pm is one of the tougher slots to premiere in, right?

Not necessarily. Tuesday nights the past three years in that 10PM Eastern time slot has been; 2014 - Forever; 2013 started with Lucky 7, then in the winter went to Primetime: What Would You Do?, before switching to Killer Women at mid-season, and Mind Games in the spring; throughout that season, they also ran encore programming. In 2012, they started with the final season of Private Practice, and then went to Body of Proof.

Sunday nights aren't a whole lot better to be honest, but I don't think the move really means much, besides the fact that they decided to pull Of Kings & Prophets, and wanted to have a show in place for Sunday, while figuring out what they can plug in on Tuesdays. And yeah, they've not had a lot of luck with the 10PM spot across the board on several nights, aside from How To Get Away With Murder and Castle.

The Hollywood Reporter included Quantico in their buzziest shows so far.

Quantico, ABC and Scream Queens, Fox: These two are grouped together because they represent the split-room phenomenon where a lot of people like them for what they are — fun, well-done and entertaining — while others find them rote and tedious. Given the massive amount of new programming, just being argued about is a good thing. Fox arrives Thursday, so Scream Queens' buzz could rise or fall based on the panel.
  • Love 1

Six sneak peeks from the pilot. Pretty significant stuff; between this and releasing the first 8 minutes, they are giving away quite a bit of the pilot's plot. I guess if your episode didn't leak, you might as well throw as much of it out there as reasonably possible.

Edited by Crim

Thanks for the warning. I'm not going to watch, because they also released a bunch of footage from Blindspot also, and when I finally watched that pilot I felt like I'd already seen at least half. I'll try and stay unspoiled for this one.

Thanks for the warning. I'm not going to watch, because they also released a bunch of footage from Blindspot also, and when I finally watched that pilot I felt like I'd already seen at least half. I'll try and stay unspoiled for this one.

Blindspot did have its pilot leak beforehand.

Good news on the ratings front -- overall viewership dipped slightly but the demo held up over last week.

ABC’s Quantico in Week 2 drew 6.9 million total viewers and a 1.9 rating, dipping just 3 percent in audience while matching its premiere’s demo number — one of few freshman series to do so this fall.

In fact, the Priyanka Chopra-fronted FBI thriller was Sunday’s highest-rated drama (out of six).

http://tvline.com/2015/10/05/quantico-season-1-ratings-abc/

Also, ABC knows the timeslot sucks, so they've been rerunning the show in the post-SHIELD timeslot on Tuesdays at 10 to drum up extra viewership.

Ah ha ha, this is the best ever srsly. Oh, show, stay classy! 50 photos from 1x04 and in this episode we get to see Alex doubt herself (lol) and wonder if she should leave Quantico. In a show with flash forwards, we are treated to Alex considering a decision we already know she didn't take. Truly scintillating stuff. Anyone betting on the chances of Alex actually failing?

• Love 2

Man, Li Jun Li was only just on Minority Report as a regular.  She totally got the fuck out of there, first chance she got.  Good for her, I guess.

She was the best thing on that show.

The casting on this show is really good. CarSex and Caleb are the only duds.

• Love 1

Anyone know the start time tonight? ABC should have taken a page out of CBS' book on late NFL days and tweeted the start times of tonight's shows after the president's address. All they have up is to set your DVR's late accordingly, but no specifics, so not actually helpful.

They're adding pretty decent actors to the second season. I can't help but think they're credibility is going to be lost amongst Priya and the gang with their Dawson's Anatomy in the Army antics.

• Love 1

Regarding Blair Underwood, and the description that he's "charming".... I feel like he always gets typecast into the role of "suave black man".  Need a minority character who is suave and charming?  Blair Underwood is at the top of the casting list.  The same thing happened to Billy Dee Williams after his appearance as Lando Calrissian.

Looks like Li Jun Li and Iris Chang are out.  This article calls her "Quantico alum".  I hadn't realised she had been cut, but this article suggests she has a series regular option on Chicago P.D. and therefore that returning to Quantico or being on both shows isn't even an option.  

Makes me wonder who else is or isn't returning.  

• Love 1