Type keyword(s) to search

Westworld In The Media

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Dame sans merci said:

It looks fantastic and ambitious, but it also looks...like a completely different show?! Hmmm. 

I personally am okay with that. I actually think Thandie and Jeffrey and Evan are good enough to create a connection to the previous seasons. And I am glad we are out of the damn park. At least I hope we are and this isn't an elaborate ruse against the robots again. Like this is just one more game world. Now that would irritate me. By this point, I need real.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, paigow said:

Maeve vs Dolores....when is Season 4....2024?????

In an interview, Aaron Paul said that he had an 18 month gap between filming seasons 3 and 4, meaning filming would begin in March 2021 - I guess they'd keep the 2 year gap between seasons airing.

8 hours ago, kokapetl said:

‘Westworld’ Season 3 Premieres Down 57% From Last Season

If I hadn’t been flicking through channels at the right time, I probably wouldn’t have watched it. I didn’t make it to the end of the last season and wasn’t planning on watching. 

Well, the country is rather distracted right now and the show had been on hiatus for a very long time.  That said I am already losing interest as the second episode didn't even feature the story line I am interested in. I don't have the patience these days for the games the writers like to play.

It will be interesting to see what the rating for the second episode are.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, magdalene said:

Ratings drop further.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/westworld-live-ratings-drop-further-for-season-3-e/1100-6475200/

Makes me wonder how they can produce another season with those numbers.

Episode 1 had a lot of streaming viewers, which bolstered the live total considerably, but I haven't seen any figures for that for episode 2 yet.

However, it IS concerning for the show: it seems to be the only one not showing gains at the moment. They can't even get new viewers when they have a literal captive audience...!

• Love 2
On 3/25/2020 at 2:19 PM, magdalene said:

Makes me wonder how they can produce another season with those numbers.

Wayne Enterprises buys Delos...Turns Stubbs Hemsworth into Batman...Destroys Incite...Restores anarchy that the world needs, but not the anarchy it deserves.

• LOL 1
On 3/26/2020 at 8:40 AM, Dame sans merci said:

However, it IS concerning for the show: it seems to be the only one not showing gains at the moment. They can't even get new viewers when they have a literal captive audience...!

To be fair, this is not a show where you can drop in and watch occasionally.  

• Love 1

On the bright side for the show, HBO doesn't rely on those live numbers for advertisers.  My understanding is that they consider repeat airings and the numbers from online platforms to count total viewers, and some of their shows grow exponentially throughout the week.  

• Love 1

With the end of the season there was a lot of comparison with the show DEVS, which I'm currently binging, in the media. I also realized how similar it is to the Film Tomorrowland, where several major characters are "hosts."

• Love 1

Costume Designers Guild Award nomination!

Excellence in Sci-Fi / Fantasy Television
The Mandalorian: "Chapter 13: The Jedi" – Shawna Trpcic
Snowpiercer: "Access is Power" – Cynthia Summers
Star Trek: Picard: "Absolute Candor" – Christine Bieselin Clark
Westworld: "Parce Domine" – Shay Cunliffe
What We Do in the Shadows: "Nouveau Théâtre des Vampires" – Amanda Neale

• Love 2

Have there been any leaks as to what's going to happen in Season 4?  Because Delores appeared to have brought the whole world to chaos at the end of Season 3, so I can't imagine where they can go from there.