Type keyword(s) to search

Westworld In The Media

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Did anyone see this whole trailer during the game?  Because what I recorded off the air at around 8pm Central was about only 15-20 seconds of this.  I played it more than once because I thought "Is that all there is after all the buildup?"  And what I had only said April, nothing more specific. 

I ended up seeing it during broadcast. The aired version is edited (as some have said, probably due to content and time).

• Love 1

The music was a really creepy instrumental version of Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana I was like I totally know that song why does this sound familiar.  I love this show I cannot wait to visit Shogun World.  

(edited)

Do you guys know about the YouTube channel Alt-Shift-X, which does in-depth analyses of many shows including -- now in season 2 -- episode-by-episode analyses of Westworld?  (They also cover Game of Thrones, with comparisons to the original books -- something I enjoy very much.)  With a show as twisty as Westworld I find their analyses very entertaining and they make for a nice complement to the viewer discussions I find here.  Here's the link to the analysis for the latest episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbvkP31mMKE

I'm also a fan of the summary they did for season 1 as a whole, which you can find at that same website.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 5
(edited)

And without people worth caring about, whether born or built in a lab, all the technical wizardry on display and debates about reality and time and existence don't amount to enough to make it worth trying to sort through the show's narrative shenanigans. You can probably make a linear timeline of all of this season's events if you put your mind to it. Maybe in the process you can explain, for instance, why everyone in the premiere was so surprised to see all the dead hosts in the valley when a bunch of Delos employees watched them seemingly walk over the cliff in the finale. But what's the point? The game is not worth the candle, even if Season Three promises to spend much more time in the real world as Dolores, Bernard and the Charlotte-bot begin their quest to topple humanity. 

"You haven't understood at all," Dolores complains to Bernard midway through the finale. I understand just enough of what's going on to know Westworld is no longer a place I need to visit. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/westworld-season-2-alan-sepinwall-w521778

WW plot construction is great for the WW sub Reddit, where people can decrypt the easter eggs and all the little "narrative shenanigans" but maybe not so much for storytelling.

Edited by scrb

Full list of Emmy nominations for Westworld:

Outstanding Drama Series
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series - Ed Harris
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series - Jeffrey Wright
Lead Actress in a Drama Series - Evan Rachel Wood
Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Drama Series - Thandie Newton
Outstanding Guest Actor In A Drama Series - Jimmi Simpson
Outstanding Production Design For A Narrative Period Or Fantasy Program (One Hour Or More) - Akane No Mai
Outstanding Casting For A Drama Series
Outstanding Cinematography For A Single-Camera Series (One Hour) - The Riddle Of The Sphinx
Outstanding Fantasy/Sci-Fi Costumes - Akane No Mai
Outstanding Hairstyling For A Single-Camera Series - Akane No Mai
Outstanding Creative Achievement In Interactive Media Within A Scripted Program - Chaos Takes Control Interactive Experience
Outstanding Main Title Design
Outstanding Makeup For A Single-Camera Series (Non-Prosthetic) - Akane No Mai
Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup For A Series, Limited Series, Movie Or Special - The Riddle Of The Sphinx
Outstanding Music Composition For A Series (Original Dramatic Score) - Akane No Mai
Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music - Akane No Mai
Outstanding Sound Editing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (One Hour) - Akane No Mai
Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (One Hour) - Akane No Mai
Outstanding Special Visual Effects - The Passenger
Outstanding Stunt Coordination For A Drama Series, Limited Series Or Movie

• Love 2

Sad, just saw this. Terrible, awful week for the whole community around Ventura County, Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, Malibu and Calabasas.

They did film a lot of Westworld exteriors on the set that burned, I think most of the shots with characters in front of old Western buildings.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Comic-con trailer:

Something to genuinely look forward to, I just hope the eternal delay bears more fruit than the wait for GOT! I couldn't cope with two crashing disappointments.

• Love 2
On 7/20/2019 at 2:00 PM, AimingforYoko said:

Comic-con trailer:

Wow. It looks really good. Vincent Cassell? Yes, please. ("Read My Lips" is one of my fave films.) I hated most of season 2 but this has me excited for the next chapter.

• Love 2