Type keyword(s) to search

Shadowhunters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It was stupid of Simon to make his mother believe he was dead. He is still running all around the city, driving the same van and  performing under the same band name. Anybody who sees Simon walking around like normal will think his mother is crazy.

4 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Luke sure is a parent because he is sacrificing left and right for catastrophic clary.. Losing his pack.. Maybe his job.. While Clary is out here necromancing her bio dad ( after a very dangerous witch said it was a horrible idea)... And guess what... It was he killed a gang of clave members and let loose a bunch of  rogue demon hating shadow hunters... I assume someone will be along soon to tell her it wasn't her fault... Ugh at the anvil storm of  "Sizzy"...  we get it...  

I would think the Clave would have realized that raising Valentine from the dead was a terrible idea when Clary said she'd do it. Clary's ideas and instincts are always awful. I mean she was just interrogated about her terrible decision to use the one wish to resurrect Jace. Why would you trust anything she wanted to do?

Poor poor Luke. I love how the police think he's so dirty and follow him to one place, but like never follow him again during that evening to find out what he's actually up to. If Luke is an actual criminal, what he's doing doesn't stop being a crime because Luke turned in his badge and gun. The police are just as competent as the Clave.

Simon's story was sad and actually moving.

Magnus gave up his magic to save Jace? I don't know if that was a fair trade. If he had given up his magic for Clary, I think I could confidently say that Magnus is bad at negotiating.

• Love 4
(edited)

So the theme of the these episodes is somewhere between "parents just dont understand" and "fuck my life" with a lot of fighting in between. I thought it was actually a good midseason finale, if pretty busy with a lot going on, and the cliffhanger not being super effective. Yeah, I dont think for a second that Clary is dead, or even that Magnus wont get his magic back pretty soon. Still, I certainly want to know what happens next, so its successful in that regard.

Seriously so much angst in these two episodes! I know  I've made jokes about how crazy it is that all the characters have dealt with so much shit in such a short amount of time, but holy crap, that is a LOT of drama to handle in just the span of a few days, and things just seem to keep getting worse. I mean, at least they finally managed to save Jace and banished Lilith back to Edom, even if this clearly isnt the last we`ve seen of her (which is fine with me, she`s a cool villain), and thats something at least. 

The Simon drama was so sad, I admit to actually tearing up a little bit when his mom was screaming about him being a monster while poor Simon sobs his heart out. At least his sister was supportive, Becky is an awesome big sister. She seemed more upset that Simon went through so much awful stuff without her knowing than the fact that he sucked her blood. It was nice seeing Izzy being supportive, even if those Sizzy anvils were dropping harder than a piano on Wylie Coyote. I like Simon/Maia, but I think I could get into Simon/Izzy too if it takes awhile to build up. 

I know that Clary can be short sighted, but I do love how quick she is to call The Clave out on their bullshit. I mean, of course they have more people on death row than your average Texas State prison, and they make them get washed up, wear these ridiculous robes, get a death hairstyle, and when they execute people, they burn them alive and dump their burned corpses down a hatch! God dang! These guys are an absolute disaster, no wonder the Shadowhunters are all so uptight about the rules! They have that shit hanging over their heads every day! And I like how she has zero tolerance for her asshole bio dad. No hesitation based on sharing genes like on a lot of shows, she just wants his ass dead. And to stay dead if you don’t mind. 

I hope we see more of Magnuses dad, he seems like he could be a pretty awesome villain. And I love how he comes off as just a typical dad bugging his son about how they never talk anymore. "You never write! You never call! You never send blood sacrifices!" And he is, to the shock of no one, a total drama queen. He even seems to share Magnuses sense of style. I know Alec will be alright, but that doesn't look good. They didnt get a whole lot of couple time, but they do seem to still be in a good place, even with all the drama. I was worried Magnus would get stuck in Hell with his dad, so this is at least less sad than that. And I give them about two episodes before he gets his powers back. 

So, yeah. Lots went down this week. So, maybe with the evil being temporarily defeated, Luke in trouble with both his pack and the NYPD, Magnus being in trouble with the warlocks and without power, they can drag Clary out of Hell and take that freaking vacation

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4

That is odd, why would Simon say: "I killed her, Clary is dead".?

Last time I checked, Simon was busy falling out of the window while Clary is still alive and kicking, and getting her arm grabbed  by her zombie brother.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, showme said:

Last time I checked, Simon was busy falling out of the window while Clary is still alive and kicking, and getting her arm grabbed  by her zombie brother.

Everyone is a self-obsessed monster who think every thing that happens is because of them... Even obvious situations where things aren't in your control

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Everyone is a self-obsessed monster who think every thing that happens is because of them... Even obvious situations where things aren't in your control

Well, I hope it was just confused Simon talking, but he looked pretty sober.

23 minutes ago, showme said:

Well, the whole floor exploded, and Simon only survived because he grabbed the ledge (although, maybe he would survive anyway, being a vampire), and no one else is there, so he was probably just assuming she exploded when Lilith hit him, and that made her go back to Hell in a ball of fire. I get why he would think that in the moment. 

• Love 2

So I'm not happy about the changes they made from the book. I know, no book talk. I'm not giving spoilers.  I'm just saying that I have given this show a lot of leeway and I know it's not the books, but the change they made at the end, tying Clary's life to Jonathan/Sebastian's, was annoying the hell out of me. We'll see what they do with it.

I will say a positive thing, though. This season has been a HUGE improvement over the previous. Even Catherine's acting is much, much better.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pixel said:

So I'm not happy about the changes they made from the book. I know, no book talk. I'm not giving spoilers.  I'm just saying that I have given this show a lot of leeway and I know it's not the books, but the change they made at the end, tying Clary's life to Jonathan/Sebastian's, was annoying the hell out of me. We'll see what they do with it.

I will say a positive thing, though. This season has been a HUGE improvement over the previous. Even Catherine's acting is much, much better.

Since you can't talk about the book here, could you let me know which book to read if I want to find out about it myself?

2 hours ago, showme said:

Since you can't talk about the book here, could you let me know which book to read if I want to find out about it myself?

Jumping in... season 3 of the TV show seems somewhere around Book 4 of the 6-book TMI series. I'm not one to discourage people from reading but it might easier to check on Wikipedia. LOL.

Although I will recommend the books, they are kinda awesome and like @Pixel I think the show made a lot of bad calls in the book-to-screen changes.

(edited)
On 5/18/2018 at 12:22 PM, showme said:

This last episode lines up with the end of City of Fallen Angels, and the story continues in City of Lost Souls. I was super disappointed with the choices made in this episode because I loved the books storyline. 

Edited by Pixel
14 hours ago, showme said:

Quick question: Is this season finished? That was the last episode for this season aired last Tuesday?

That was the midseason finale - the second half of the season starts airing August 14th.

(edited)

Shadowhunters Won't return for a fourth season

Freeform is closing the doors of the New York Institute earlier than expected: Shadowhunters won’t return for a fourth season, and will end after the upcoming second half of Season 3, TVLine has learned.

RELATEDCable/Streaming Scorecard: What’s Renewed? What’s Cancelled?

The supernatural drama will wrap things up in the spring of 2019 with a 12-episode run — titled Shadowhunters: The Final Hunt — that will be capped off by a two-hour series finale event.

“We are very proud of Shadowhunters, a series that broke new ground in the genre world and became a fan favorite,” the network said in a statement. “However, along with our partners at Constantin, we reached the very difficult decision not to renew the show for a fourth season. But as big supporters and fans ourselves, Freeform insisted on and championed the filming of a special two-part finale that would give devoted fans a proper ending.”

Edited by Jacks-Son

Damnit. I just finished watching 3A and found it considerably more enjoyable than previous seasons. Apparently Netflix is to blame.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Constantin lost its output deal with Netflix, which helped to foot the bill for the pricey project. Without the streaming giant's financial backing, Constantin sought a greater cash infusion from Freeform, which sources say was unable to afford to keep the series running. (https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/shadowhunters-canceled-at-freeform-will-end-two-hour-finale-1116804)

http://ew.com/tv/2018/06/04/shadowhunters-canceled-freeform/

I can't say I'm surprised. The show was doing badly in ratings and they only have them selves to blame.  They started with a huge a built-in audience with the book fans and ended with just a few niche viewers. I don't know what drives the decision to take extremely successful source material and "improve" it by changing practically everything that made it successful in the first place - and still expect the story to be successful. I don't believe in word for word faithful adaptations but you can still take liberties with the text and remain faithful to the spirit of the story and the showrunners absolutely did not do that. 

On the plus side, maybe now that she's rich enough, Clare can buy back her rights.

On 6/5/2018 at 4:32 AM, ursula said:

http://ew.com/tv/2018/06/04/shadowhunters-canceled-freeform/

I can't say I'm surprised. The show was doing badly in ratings and they only have them selves to blame.  They started with a huge a built-in audience with the book fans and ended with just a few niche viewers. I don't know what drives the decision to take extremely successful source material and "improve" it by changing practically everything that made it successful in the first place - and still expect the story to be successful. I don't believe in word for word faithful adaptations but you can still take liberties with the text and remain faithful to the spirit of the story and the showrunners absolutely did not do that. 

On the plus side, maybe now that she's rich enough, Clare can buy back her rights.

The article states that the reason for the cancellation was purely financial. I've never read the books. I have no investment in gauging the faithfulness. I came to the show through the movie, which was terrible. And I only watched the movie because of Bilge Ebiri's review, which called it a Douglas Sirk movie only stupid. It was a line that was so eloquent that ut endeared me to the property forever. How can I not reward something that aspires to greatness and fails so spectacularly?

http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/movie-review-the-mortal-instruments.html

I liked the show despite the dreadful writing and worse acting. I've been pleasantly surprised by Alberto and Dominic. I hope they go on to bigger things. I've seen Katherine be decent in other things, but she was awful here. Matthew was terrible, but is easy in the eyes. He should stick to modeling.

watched last night's premiere, I'm surprised that no one has commented on it. I was surprised that I didn't hear multiple exclamations of "my parabatai." In every episode it seemed to me that someone had to exclaim something about their parabatai.

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Linderhill said:

watched last night's premiere, I'm surprised that no one has commented on it. I was surprised that I didn't hear multiple exclamations of "my parabatai." In every episode it seemed to me that someone had to exclaim something about their parabatai.

It was hinted at when Alex told Jace not to kill himself because he would be hurt as well. I don't know if they mentioned any other current Shadowhunters with parabatai bonds on the show. That was a nice scene when Clary got all stabby stabby.

• Love 1

was waiting for everybody else to comment but here's my thoughts:

-not enough Simon but next week looks like it'll make up for it. Swear to God Alberto can say more with one tear than most of the cast. Why hasnt he been cast in anything yet? Looks like Simon and Maia broke up but at least we got to see Raphael. Btw where's Jordan? I need my hot werewolf boy back

-Malec was awesome tonight. Glad to see Alec stepping up in the protective side of their relationship. I swear that had better be thier wedding in the preview. Next week should be fun, the two of them sparring is probably foreplay for those guys

-Figures Alaric would've figured out what happened to Clary.

-NuJonathan is ok so far. But I miss Will in the role. Anybody know why he wasnt available?

• Love 1

I just got around to watching it tonight, since it doesn't air live in Canada. I mean, it was alright, I guess. Alberto and Harry probably did the best jobs with the material that they got. 

NuJonathan is...meh. His stuff with Clary is double meh. Ok, so a way to not kill Jonathan outright is to connect him with Clary. 

Too little Simon. What Alberto did, though, was pretty fantastic. I'm glad him and Maia seem to be done for now. I'm not a fan of Maia. 

The stuff with Madzie and Iris seemed so pointless. But the Magnus personal stuff as he dealt with being mortal was good.

• Love 1

Not really impressed to be honest. Clary was acting extremely stupid. Why not eat something first, then convince Jonathan to take her somewhere more civilized (he even mentions Paris later), lose him in the crowd and find a way to contact the others. What was she going to do in Siberia??

Also I don't like that they're demonizing Maia to set Izzy and Simon up.

Malec was definitely the best part of the episode.

Kudos to Luke for figuring what really happened to Clary, though I get why Jace thought he was delusional.

• Love 2

So, after last runs "how much drama can happen in about two weeks" everyone is doing...not great, but not as bad as it could have been, so kind of a win? 

I thought that was a pretty solid start to the midseason, we checked in with most everyone, and we do have some idea on where the season might go. So is Jonathan our Big Bad, or will someone else show up to start fucking shit up later on? Maybe the next threat will be...Bigfoot!! Hey, I am totally with Simon on that one, they could exist! I mean, scoff at the idea? Said the werewolf to the vampire? 

Poor Simon, he can just never catch a break. Now it looks like he and Maia are going to sort of just split apart quietly. Honestly, I figured thats what would happen when Maia left, but it sucks, because I liked them as a couple. At least they can hopefully stay friends or something, Simon is pretty good at staying close to his exs! 

Meanwhile, Luke actually figured everything out, but looks a little bit like he’s making a murder board, which doesent really look great as far as figuring out mysteries. 

I see Jace and Clary are as good at making life choices as they always are! Its always "Step 1, I doa super dangerous thing! Step 2...hopefully it will work itself out or one of my friends will bail me out!" Those shots in Siberia were really pretty. 

The stuff with Madzie and Iris was kind of case of the week-ish, but it was nice to get some more on Iris and Madzie and some closure from that lingering subplot. And Madzie is adorable, and Alec and Magnus in cool uncle mode is always made of win. And Alec reading Oh The Places You'll Go? Right there with the swooning, Magnus!

Speaking of, the Malec stuff was super on point all episode. Lots of angst, but also some really sweet moments, with Alec being all supportive and protective, while Magnus felt powerless and was trying to keep a brave face. It all felt very natural and in character for both of them. 

Looks like The Clave are busy doing what they love to do: Be assholes! Yeah, someone people think you might have been a hero for that whole "saving the world from the queen of hell and getting rid of that genocidal lunatic and his terrorist cell" thing you did, but I say you suck because of...reasons! I mean, maybe we COULD have helped you out with some of that crap, but we were busy sewing our super Extra execution robes! And being all magic racist and normal homophobic, of course. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Looks like The Clave are busy doing what they love to do: Be assholes! Yeah, someone people think you might have been a hero for that whole "saving the world from the queen of hell and getting rid of that genocidal lunatic and his terrorist cell" thing you did, but I say you suck because of...reasons! I mean, maybe we COULD have helped you out with some of that crap, but we were busy sewing our super Extra execution robes! And being all magic racist and normal homophobic, of course. 

Hey, Downworlders won't torture themselves.

• LOL 3
25 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Hey, Downworlders won't torture themselves.

I mean, maybe thats why they couldn't be arsed to actually help out with anything lately, they've been busy at the big "Disapproving Counsel of Judgmental Asshole Big Wigs Cabal" convention! They had to get ready for their big panel on the unlawful imprisonment and torture of people based on supernatural abilities! The guys at ARGUS from the Arrowverse were furiously taking notes and nodding their heads the whole time! And they couldn't miss the big speech given by the Elders from Charmed about how to have your heads so far up your own ass you can see your own intestinal track, while still smugly reciting rules created before the Bronze Age to justify why you cant be bothered actually fighting evil, but can still lecture other people on why they're actual attempts at doing stuff is bad because of said pre Bronze Age rules! Its been busy!

Well I always knew Mia would be a substitute for some other more "important" love interest.. So can't say I'm surprised show has always pushed "certain " characters to the side.. Other than that was kinda meh.. The only thing left for me and this show is Luke and Izzy's mom to get together and for Clark and Luke to have a real father daughter talk.. Other than that I'll just be half paying attn

I've said it before, but I will say it again: I may give Clary shit for her bad life choices, but I do always love how she has no time for bad guy whining and victim blaming. 

Jonathan: "He was so nice to me, unlike everyone else!"

Clary: "Yeah, so thats why you kidnapped and murdered him?"

Jonathan: "But I had to kill him, he looked so mad when I locked him in a closet for months and stole his life!"

Clary: "Because you kidnapped him and locked him in a closet for months and stole his life you lunatic!" 

Alec and Magnus are so cute lately, you just know things are going to go to literal Hell any second. "Is that where you got your black belt in name dropping?" Snerk. 

• Love 6

Ugh Heidi. Why is Heidi still a thing? Why, so close to the end of the show, is this undead version of half the girls from this season of The Bachelor still here, taking up screen time?

You know who is allowed to have more sceen time? Maryse and Luke and their adorable parent romance! So if Luke and Maryse get married, wouldn't that kind of make Jace and Clary siblings again? Since Maryse is his adopted mom, and Luke is her surrogate dad, just saying. Also, Luke would be the kind of dad of every major character on this show under the age of 25, and thats hilarious to me. 

You mean the Clave is super sketchy and is torturing downworlders against the rules behind closed doors? Well, I haven't been this shocked since I found out that there was water in the ocean! 

Alec attempting to be subtle is always hilarious, as he really sucks at it. "Hmmm I will subtlety bring up eating candy...by gnawing at it with my teeth..." I really liked seeing some nice Izzie and Alec bonding, he even read AA support books for her! 

Dont go for Jordan, Maia! You can do better, even if things didnt work out with Simon!

• Love 5
8 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Dont go for Jordan, Maia! You can do better, even if things didnt work out with Simon!

Yeah the show has never really been that kind or caring about or to Maia.. Then again they weren't all that kind to Clara and simon's " friend" from the beginning of the series either... Also do y'all think the show noticed that it made the majority of the major down-worlders people of color and the opposite true of the shadowhunters.?? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Just binged this on Netflix. I pretty much agree with everyone about the bad acting but, I couldn't stop watching. 

One thing that bugs me... So, the potion Lilith gave Jace to fall out of love with Clary, that just wore off after he wasn't posessed anymore??

LOVE Alec and Magnus.

• Love 1

God, could Jonathan be any creepier at this point? I mean, hiring women to pretend to be his sister? Pretending to be her boyfriend to kiss her? Dude is about one weird camera angle from being the bad guy on an episode of Criminal Minds

Luke and Simon are always fun together. Nothing could be a bigger threat than a geek who also has supernatural powers! Hope that Luke is alright. Yeah, more Simon and Luke, less of Heidi being a pain in the ass shit stirrer. 

I knew that things were going too well for Alec and Magnus, so of course the angst train is coming! The guy who plays Lorenzo is great, he has the smuggest face you will ever see. Its also pretty rich to hear him call Alec Magnuses "little boyfriend" as Alec flipping towers over him, glaring like he wants to tear him limb from limb.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

God, could Jonathan be any creepier at this point?

I don't think so. He would be creepy even without the sister love.

Can someone remind me who Jace's parents are? I can't remember if he's related to anyone.

7 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

The guy who plays Lorenzo is great, he has the smuggest face you will ever see. Its also pretty rich to hear him call Alec Magnuses "little boyfriend" as Alec flipping towers over him, glaring like he wants to tear him limb from limb.

I think so too. I know there's going to be some problem with Lorenzo giving Magnus his powers back but I'm hoping it's not too bad and that Magnus gets to keep them. Magnus with powers is much more fun than not.

• Love 2

How stupid are the cops for pinning the murders on Luke. They had him under surveillance the whole time except for the the 10 minutes when he slipped away and they found him again at the Jade Wolf. By the time Luke got there the bodies had been dead for hours.

I am glad Clary beat the snot out of that stuck up Shadowhunter, of course she would whine about Clary being out of control when she was the one pushing for it.

• Love 5

I know the show was trying to make a point about how far Maia went to stop Heidi, buuuuuuuuuuuut I just don't care. Literally everyone has been criminally stupid when it comes to Heidi. The senior vamps attack the wolves based on Heidi's words, but she doesn't join them in the attack. Heidi goes to the Institute to rat out her fellow vamps and Alec is too stupid to detain her in case the Clave has questions. Heidi arrives at vamp central and they conclude that a vampire narc'ed on them, they don't know where Heidi has been, and no one makes the connection.

It's actually too bad that Maia didn't have a witness because Maia was actually above board. Maia told Heidi to turn herself in. Maia put up a legitimate fight. It's not like Maia sat there taunting Heidi to bite her. The fact that Heidi chose to bite Maia is on Heidi. Whatever. It's a dumb show that's nearly over.

24 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

How stupid are the cops for pinning the murders on Luke. They had him under surveillance the whole time except for the the 10 minutes when he slipped away and they found him again at the Jade Wolf. By the time Luke got there the bodies had been dead for hours.

It's so dumb. Unless they're going to try to claim that Luke used his nuclear powered Deloreon to go back in time and murder these people, they need to try to hold him as a material witness or an accessory after the fact because he sure as shit didn't kill anyone during those 10 minutes.

• Love 4

"Its Simon. The Daylighter..." *Snicker* 

Ding Dong, Heidi's gone! I was so sick of her shit, and her constant shit stirring, I cheered when Maia got rid of her nasty self! Maybe its a bit questionable, but its understandable why she would want to get rid of her. They already sent her away once, and a lot of good that did! The vampires really need to invest in new leadership, if they're getting lead around by a Laguana Beach reject. Everyone becomes an idiot around Heidi apparently, so her being gone is for the best. On the other hand, I think this is the first time that Maia, Simon, and Alec had a plot together, so thats something at least. 

So, how exactly do the cops think that Luke committed all of those murders? With the superpowers they dont know that he has? 

Loved Magnus getting all jealous about Alec talking to his "handsome" friend, and Alec just finding it all hilarious. And that he apologized later for being silly, because yeah, he can talk to his friends about their problems, within reason, we all know that Magnus does. I mean, Alec has like two friends he isnt related to. But of course, the two of them have just been too cute and doing too well as a couple, so something HAD to happen to angst it up. 

• Love 2

Did it seem like Izzy may have slipped Raphael a message or something as they were taking him away?  It wasn't until that scene that I remembered her investigation into the torture accusations, and it suddenly occurred that she might have recruited him to be her inside man.  Seems cold, but Raphael has been torturing himself with his whole atonement thing (burning himself with holy water, etc.), so maybe it's up his alley.  Or is this just me wanting a way to keep him involved in the story?

• Love 5

Season 3: Episode 16: Stay With Me  Airdate: April 1, 2019

I kind of liked this episode just for the fact that it managed to wrap up so many loose threads within a single episode. Who knew Jonathan was so powerful, it almost seemed like the special enhancements that Valentine gave Jace and Clary were no match for the ones he gave to Jonathan. I was thinking that if Clary wanted to find an Angel sword, maybe she would have tried contacting and Angel, but she thought a demon would be a better choice.

So, maybe raising the Queen of Hell wasnt the best idea ever? I mean, yeah Jonathan is dealt with for now, although he lives to creepily lust after his sister another day, but its a bit of a trade off I suppose. We are certainly keeping that plot moving, which is much appreciated. 

Even Jace was shocked when Clary snapped at poor Simon! Him biting on Jonathan was pretty awesome, but also gross, like he drank straight tar out of the guy. Yesh. 

Oh my God, the giant painting of himself that Lorenzo stuck on his new wall! While dropping references to how he totally owned Mozart! I swear, Warlock parties must just be wall to wall historical name dropping, like an entire society of immortal Tahani Al-Jamils. 

Oh yeah, Alec and Magnus were clearly way too happy, we needed some extra angst in here. I just imagine Alec coming back from his boyfriend almost dying, and finding out that, after leaving his friends alone for five freaking seconds, they went and summoned the Hell Queen that said boyfriend lost his magic in the first place to get rid of! After all of this, they really deserve a nice vacation together. Maybe a very long honeymoon? 

• Love 4
Just now, tennisgurl said:

I just imagine Alec coming back from his boyfriend almost dying, and finding out that, after leaving his friends alone for five freaking seconds, they went and summoned the Hell Queen that said boyfriend lost his magic in the first place to get rid of! After all of this, they really deserve a nice vacation together. Maybe a very long honeymoon? 

The only good thing was, I think Lilith went straight back to hell to hide from Jonathan.  At least she is not topside running around loose.

• Love 2

I'm ready for the Jonathan plot to be over. I just don't care about him at all, and nothing against Luke Baines, but the previous actor was better at playing creepy/unhinged.

I'm also, quite frankly, having a hard time feeling sympathetic towards Magnus. Iris's anger at being "cured" of her magic was way more interesting than Magnus's moping. I need him to have a new plot point.

I don't usually like Simon, but his plot was my favourite in this episode! His confused face when Jace patted him on the shoulder was great. I liked the new half-Seelie Shadowhunter, too.

• Love 2

No Maia.... No Luke.... No really care... This Jonathan is a bore... Clary  and Jace have been as exciting as a Ken burns  documentary  on glue since the first season... And magnus is just mopey... Simon and Izzy's lives still seem to exist only in a relation to clary... Had they not been looking for this heavenly fire would they have really noticed this downworlder genocide before it was too late.... Im sticking around because I don't like to quit on shows... Especially if I can  see the finish line.. But this is an increasingly heavy chore 

• Love 1

I love how Izzie and Alec basically have the exact same plan to be the distraction. Smile, bat your eyelashes, and let the person talk about themselves! Almost as much as I love how Alec plans his engagement with almost the same intensity he plans his military strikes. 

It was cute how excited Jace was for Alec to ask Magnus to marry him, as was his whole engagement lay out, but oh yeah, that did not end well at all. Oh the angst! So now its inevitable that Alec will go off and do something super dangerous to try and get Manguses magic back, especially after he basically said that he could NEVER be happy without it, no matter how much Alec loved him, and thats going to lead to even more angst. A circle of angst!

The Jonathan stuff is alright, I can at least get why he is so crazy and seems to think that having a massive crush on his sister isnt that weird. Growing up in Hell will probably do that to a person. 

Simon is such a sweet guy. Nice seeing he and Raphael again working together, and that Raphael might end up getting a happy ending. 

• Love 2

Oh God, Alec, the drama. The self sacrificing, the guilt complex, the brooding, the questionable deals with demons, what, did he become a Winchester or something lately? I mean, this was pretty inevitable after last week, but they better sort this shit out soon. I mean, Alec wasnt exactly super subtle about his plans anyway. "Who are you meeting" "Oh, just NOT YOUR FATHER WHY WOULD YOU ASK?!" "So, if you had to sacrifice your relationship NOT THAT THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH MY CURRENT SITUATION!" Izzie will probably spill the beans is no one else puts two and two together. 

I would totally watch a whole episode thats just the hijinks of the Shadow World during Halloween. Simon and his sister hanging out while she gapes at all the craziness around her was hilarious, as was the whole thing about all the supernatural using Halloween as an excuse to look like they really do in public. Loved Becky geeking out over all the supernatural stuff (scary dancing fairies! Demon horns! Drunk werewolves!) and how everyone was just getting a big kick out of it. Except for the Shadowhunters, who treat it like I imagine real world cops treat Halloween: like a big pain in the ass that makes their job way harder. So is wearing a vampire costume to a bar filled with actual supernatural people considered kind of...gauche?

• Love 3