Type keyword(s) to search

Shadowhunters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Considering how few episodes they have left, it was a complete waste to show Jonath-ugh and Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil Clary farting around until they finally decided to attack the Seelie Queen in the last 5 minutes. And considering the cancellation, I don't know why they dialed back Jonathan's incestuous agenda, which might have actually added more interest and pathos to the Jonath-ugh and Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil Clary scenes and relationship.

This is a dead show walking and their failure to use their time well explains why.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 5
On 4/23/2019 at 2:21 PM, HunterHunted said:

Considering how few episodes they have left, it was a complete waste to show Jonath-ugh and Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil Clary farting around until they finally decided to attack the Seelie Queen in the last 5 minutes. And considering the cancellation, I don't know why they dialed back Jonathan's incestuous agenda, which might have actually added more interest and pathos to the Jonath-ugh and Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil Clary scenes and relationship.

This is a dead show walking and their failure to use their time well explains why.It's 

I mean...true on all of this, but technically, they got cancelled AFTER they filmed all of these episodes. Hence why they got a 2 1/2 hour movie to wrap things up.

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Useful 4

Obviously I'm sticking with this to the end since there are only a couple of episodes left but this has got to be the worst acted show ever!! 😂😂😂

The Clary actress is so bad I can't even bring myself to catch up on Arrow. 

They better have a plan to bring Alec and Magnus back together before the end. They're literally the reason I watch. 

• Love 3

I know this is a stupid thing to nitpick since the entire show is basically crap, but didn't the whole "you must stay conscious for the seelie ring to work" already bite them in the ass only an episode or two ago?  It's pretty bad when you are recycling plot points within the same month.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 4

I genuinely like this show in a mostly guilty pleasure kind of way, but the worst parts are always the bigger plot stuff, it just gets plowed through so quickly, with so many plot holes and weird contrivances that I cant even keep up with them. 

I usually like the scenes most that have nothing to do with the bigger plot (like Becky and her magic crash course last week, or Alec and Magnus babysitting Madzee and being cute AF) or are just one off stories and some of the world building details more than whatever macuffin is threatening Clarey this season. You know, I know that Clarey is the main character and all that, and some shit is pretty much always going on with her and her crazy family, but it would be nice if the show could have one major story where everyone isnt frantically trying to rescue or help her?

Come on Magnus, your supposed to be the one with some common sense! Like, your boyfriend who loves you and always goes on about how he thinks your the best thing ever, who gives you this weird out of nowhere break up (and Alec is a truly AWFUL liar), and then your evil demon dad pops up and gives your your magic back, when your conveniently reeling from a break up with your true love? What a series of coincidences! Yeah, this shit better get fixed ASAP, they need to have a damn conversation, and then get back to being all cute and what not. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5
(edited)

Oh thank God for Maryse, she is like "come on Magnus stop moping, put two and two together, and start getting ready to give me grandchildren damn it I am already looking at adoption information!" I do now wish that they had brought in Asmodeus in early, he would have been a fun big bad to have around. Honestly, all I want to see happen before the show ends is Magnus and Alec getting married and going on a long ass honeymoon. I am a simple person with simple needs. 

*snerk* Lorenzo crossing the Delaware. What an amazing tool. 

Maia, you could do better anyway. 

"Sorry I`m late. Traffic was Hell" You just know he thought of that line decades ago, and has had it in his pocket waiting for the perfect time to use it, and was psyched for the opportunity.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I am surprised that Meliorn is at the wedding instead of down in Seelie land since the  Seelie Queen just got killed, the place must be in turmoil.

Both Lilth and Jonathan was taken down too easily, I wanted more of a battle. What happened to Cain, Lilth's protector.

How can Luke just walk around like he is the "King of the Shadowhunters" wasn't he a member of Valentine's crew, or did everybody forget that.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I am surprised that Meliorn is at the wedding instead of down in Seelie land since the  Seelie Queen just got killed, the place must be in turmoil.

Both Lilth and Jonathan was taken down too easily, I wanted more of a battle. What happened to Cain, Lilth's protector.

How can Luke just walk around like he is the "King of the Shadowhunters" wasn't he a member of Valentine's crew, or did everybody forget that.

Luke actually opposed Valentine. IIRC Valentine was responsible for Luke becoming werewolf. But I agree that the way he just strolled into the institute like it was no big deal that he magically transformed from WW to SH was silly... But honestly - who cares?

Izzy might implode when she comes into contact with demons. What does she do? Go to hell... Sounds legit.

Meliorn trolling Jace was gold.

I think I would prefer it if the price for killing Jonathan was something more permanent...

Clary's hair at the end were absolutely horrid. Jonathan OTOH looked much better as a blonde.

I will miss Malec.

And that's all I got.

• Love 6

I don't get why Simon couldn't be a part of Clary's life still? She knew him before the whole shadow world thing. He just has to keep it a secret that he's a vampire. Same with Luke, he's her dad, he didn't see her for the entire year??? Anyway, whatever, it's over and I got what I wanted: Alec and Magnus and Simon and Isabelle. 

• Love 5

The trip to hell, er... Edom, whatever, was hilarious. I've always found that one male elf to be sex on a stick, so I was rolling every time he and Jace interacted. In general, I like the first hour better than the finale. I'm thankful to Freeform for ordering them two more episodes in order to conclude the series in a satisfying way.

Speaking of which, that was a nice send off, though I did find it a little cheesy they everyone got a happy ending pairing. Outside of MAlec, I really didn't realize just how much gay and lesbian representation this show had until everyone started pairing up at the wedding. Of course, I've never read the books, so I don't know how much this show or finale followed established canon.

The only thing that really irked me was them ripping of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Oil slick Jonathan looked like the oil slick that killed a main TNG cast member. Then they stole  TNG's series finale episode title: "All Good Things..." Also wasn't too happy about them going through the the whole Clary/Isabelle parabatai bond thing, only for them to not follow through with it by erasing her runes and Shadowhunter status. Jonathan was also disposed of rather too quickly and easily.

Overall, an enjoyable 2.5 hours with a decent finale. There have been better series finales, and there have been much worse. I was pleasantly entertained, and that's all that matters.

• Love 4

So, Supernatural really called one thing: Angels are dicks

I mean, weren't they the ones who gave Clary her powers in the first place? Its not like she was just using them to take trip to the mall or whatever, it was pretty much for savings lives/the world purposes. But it seems like her memories/powers are coming back, so maybe even they realized that they were being dicks and reversed their dumb ideas. Or Clary is just super stubborn, either way could work. 

Solid finale, especially considering how they were clearly trying to shove tons of plot into two episodes. It is nice that they gave them the 2 and 1/2 hours to try and wrap things up, even if a lot of it was still rather rushed. I wish it would have been tougher to take down Jonathan after all of this, but I appreciate them spending time trying to give the characters closure. Really, this show has always been better at character stuff than plot stuff, so I was cool with it.  

I was just super happy that Alec and Magnus got married (and live in Alicante running the place!) and Izzie and Simon got together and it might have been super fanservice-y, but its a series finale, they can indulge in that a bit,  and everything seems to have actually chilled out for three seconds in the time jump so everyone can finally take a second to finally breath. And everyone gets a happy ending, especially as Clary seems to be getting her memories and powers back, so I am pretty happy with it. And it really is nice to see a show ending with an gay couple having a big celebration of their love and being together and no LGBTQ people being killed for shock value and nobody dying pointlessly while the show runners wax on about how people dying is super realistic and blah blah blah I AM CLEARLY NOT BITTER!

"How attractive do you think I am?"

"Solid 9"

Jace not being able to lie was hilarious, I was dying. He even had to finally admit that he liked Simon!

• Love 8

Yeah, where was Cain anyway? I do hope Alec and Magnus postponed the wedding by at least a few days to accommodate the burial and mourning of scores and scores of dead shadowhunters. Will Alec and Jace be expected to provide stud service to fill their ranks back up? Close your eyes and think of Alicante, boys.

• Love 2

Comic Con is going to be free online this year due to COVID-19. This panel hasn't been assigned an official timeslot yet so be sure to check the Comic Con website in the next week or so!

LGBTQ Representation on TV
Featuring Jamie Chung (Once Upon A Time), Jamie Clayton (Roswell: New Mexico), Wilson Cruz (Star Trek: Discovery), Tatiana Maslany (Perry Mason), Anthony Rapp (Star Trek: Discovery), J. August Richards (Council of Dads, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), Harry Shum, Jr. (Shadowhunters) and Brian Michael Smith (9-1-1: Lone Star), moderated by TV Guide's Jim Halterman.  

Hi, I just made a petition about the show and I was wondering if you'd like to sign and share it. https://secure.avaaz.org/community_petitions/en/netflix_hulu_and_every_other_channel_available__bring_shadowhunters_the_mortal_instruments_series_back_/?fTFJMib&utm_source=sharetools&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=petition-1125654-bring_shadowhunters_the_mortal_instruments_series_back_&utm_term=TFJMib%2Ben&fbclid=IwAR2MClPSByQsxS8_40PBQHUiswKon2NoP3ZkJeYzub566KLhJIuezxR526k