The cliffs remaining hung

And songs still left unsung

Will be resolved next year on Galavant!

Soon! we'll see another journey start out

So prepare to sing your heart out!

Gee!

There's so much more to see!

So thank you, ABC

For bringing us more GAAAAAAAAALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!

Just thought I'd warn you:  I tweeted your lyrics on Twitter just now, and the showrunners apparently love them.  Don't be surprised if Jester gives them a shout-out at some point!  ;-)

• Love 5

Just thought I'd warn you: I tweeted your lyrics on Twitter just now, and the showrunners apparently love them. Don't be surprised if Jester gives them a shout-out at some point! ;-)

Did Ben later say the show runners loved them? I thought he was just going to share them. Either way, huge compliment!

Edited by HighQueenEB

Even if they don't keep the "Suck it, Cancellation Bear" in the title (but it would be hilarious if they did!), I hope there's still some symbolic bear slaying in the show.

Also, please don't end on a giant cliffhanger.

Even if they don't keep the "Suck it, Cancellation Bear" in the title (but it would be hilarious if they did!), I hope there's still some symbolic bear slaying in the show.

You know, the only bad thing about the giant cliffhanger ending last season was that none of us had any idea if we'd get a second season.  Apart from that, which was, when you think about it, the REAL cliffhanger, the S1 ending was pretty much perfect.  I loved that we were left with all these questions and wondering what would happen.  If the show hadn't been renewed, then the endings would have been left to our imagination and I suspect that we could have come up with some pretty fantastic fan-fic to explore in that void.  And, since the show was renewed, it gave the writers some new, unexpected relationships and situations to explore.  Who would have ever expected, when we embarked on this epic, wild, butt-clencher of a journey with our Galavant, that he and King Richard would wind up in a bromantic journey of their own?  Sure, we knew pretty early on that Madalena was destined to turn evil but none of us could have anticipated that Gareth would be at her side with Sid as their prisoner.  And we never ever ever would have predicted Isabella would find herself captive in a pretty, pink prison, in part thanks to her parents and their straight family tree that has no branches.  I'm excited to see where S2 takes us and am perfectly fine if they want to end this one with some more giant cliffhangers.

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Love 1

Not to worry.  The producers have promised that they have learned their lesson and won't be ending Season 2 on a giant cliffhanger again -- just in case Cancellation Bear decides to take revenge for being defeated.

• Love 2

I don't need all the storylines wrapped up in a bow, but last season everything was up in the air, and I don't know if I can handle that twice!

Fair enough.  So, who do you want to see some sort of happy resolution for?  I'd be fine if #Galabella had a happy ending, though with just enough of an open ending to give us a good start for S3 (presuming we get a S3).  Beyond that, I'm open to anything.

Yeah, Galavant and Isabella ending up together would be my top priority, then Madelena getting some sort of comeuppance, and maybe Sid and Chef getting some reward for putting up with these crazy people.  ;-)

• Love 2

This is 100% baseless speculation on my part, but I have a suspicion that after Isabella takes back her kingdom she'll take Richard's as well because he's accepted that he's just not good at kinging and doesn't want to do it anymore. And then he'll join the singing monastery.

This is 100% baseless speculation on my part, but I have a suspicion that after Isabella takes back her kingdom she'll take Richard's as well because he's accepted that he's just not good at kinging and doesn't want to do it anymore. And then he'll join the singing monastery.

Oh, come on over to the S2 Spoilers and Speculation thread!  I can't really comment here because I'm as spoiled as any Galavant fan can be. :-)

• Love 1

I just lost part of my afternoon to watching the first 3 eps on demand and had to tear myself away. My reward for doing all of my chores will clearly be watching the remaining eps tonight. They were a joy to rewatch! A delight! I forgot how frickin hilarious chef is - and this is before Gwynne! 

I can't wait!!

Edited by betsyboo
  • Love 1

Where?  I have it On Demand but I'm more likely to just turn on a rewatch if nothing else is on.

It's only half of the S1 episodes - Ep 1 "Pilot", Ep 4 "Comedy Gold", Ep 6 "Dungeons & Dragon Lady", and Ep 8 "It's All in the Executions".  But, I believe those are the 4 best choices to hit the highlights/points of the 1st season's adventures.

Can I just reiterate how stupidly excited I am for the return of this show? I watched 3 episodes on demand the other night, and will dvr the ones on Saturday as well. Love the single for the season 2 intro that was released.

• Love 3