Type keyword(s) to search

Grey's Anatomy in the Media: Incident Reporting

• Start Topic

In Canada Grey's will be airing on Wednesday nights at 10 beginning October:

5.    How to Get Away with Simulcast
When the U.S. networks began revealing their schedules, CTV was clearly in a jam thanks to Grey’s Anatomy and The Big Bang Theory both changing timeslots come September. The solution? Air them both out of simulcast at a given point. When The Big Bang Theory returns, it will be in a pre-release at 7:30 p.m. Monday nights, leading into the inaugural season of Gotham. Grey’s Anatomy, meanwhile, will occupy the simulcasted slot (8 p.m. on Thursdays) until the end of October. At that time, Grey’s flips to a pre-release Wednesdays at 10 p.m., and Big Bang settles back into its Thursday night home. Confused? You can thank football.

Fuck sake - stop with the overcrowding. If they were going to do that they could have easily ejected another intern.

That's exactly why they do it, they keep replacing the ones that leave.  I think we'll also get Richard's daughter as well.

I guess its not a surprise after last season but I'm fairly Meh on this. I don't hate Amelia but she never really appealed to me either on GA or PrP (her "drug relapse" eps on PrP were ridiculous). They were struggling to find her something to do last season. I guess she's there to cover a bit for Derek and may even be an attempt to give Meredith a new "person" to bounce off for a while, though I'm not holding out much hope of anything meaningful as part of the Shepherd family, since they always shy away from that and its something I gave up on many seasons ago.

I think we'll get Richard's daughter as well, but they might try her out with being recurring this season and if she sticks (or even if she doesn't) then give her a contract next season.

(edited)

I'm very excited to hear Amelia is a regular. She was my favorite on Private Practice. She's by far an improvement to any of the interns. Amelia is an interesting character all by herself. Very smart move in adding her to the cast, IMO. 

Now, NO MORE additions, I hope. Down three, up one, so the cast is the same size it was in season eight. That was manageable. Plus, Amelia already has a background. Viewers already know more about Amelia than Stephanie and Jo combined. 

I hope Richard's daughter is only temporary. The Head of Cardio position is jinxed anyway. Shonda herself has said it's the DADA position of Grey's Anatomy.

Edited by darkxtwisty

They do need more single males on the show. I say single because I don't think adding someone like Bailey's husband as a regular would make any difference. Literally the only male character left who can have a love interest next season is Owen. The rest are all already paired up. He's probably gonna end up with Cristina in the series finale anyway. There's countless female characters (Amelia, Stephanie, Maggie presumably) who they'll need to set up next year. 

I still think they should have made the Maggie character a man. It just makes more sense. It adds more variety to the cast, and wouldn't feel like as much of a Lexie redo.

Well it is mid July, I am hoping we get some news soon about casting and perhaps a few spoilers as they will be filming the first few episodes pretty soon. Actually I would think all the cast and crew would be back by now. I might start trolling Twitter and Facebook for some news tomorrow.

Grey's Anatomy starts filming on the 25 July 2014

http://www.wetpaint.com/greys-anatomy/articles/2014-07-09-season-11-filming-july-25

SEASON PREMIERE MEREDITH MOVES FORWARD AS HER MARRIAGE IS ON THE ROCKS AND BAILEY FIGHTS ALEX FOR A SPOT ON THE BOARD, ON THE SEASON 11 PREMIERE OF ABC’S “GREY’S ANATOMY”

Guest Starring Academy Award Winner Geena Davis (“Thelma and Louise”), Kelly McCreary (“Dr. Emily Owens, MD”) and Jason George (“Mistresses”)

“I Must Have Lost It On The Wind” – With Cristina gone, a new doctor, Maggie Pierce (Kelly McCreary), making the rounds and Derek wanting to move to Washington DC, Meredith struggles to regain a sense of normalcy both at home and in the hospital. Meanwhile, Callie and Arizona come to a decision about surrogacy, Amelia overhears a big secret, Bailey realizes she will have to fight Alex for Cristina’s board seat and a freak accident causes two teenagers to be caught in a very compromising position, on the Season Eleven premiere of “Grey’s Anatomy,” THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 25 (NEW TIME 8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Grey’s Anatomy” stars Ellen Pompeo as Meredith Grey, Patrick Dempsey as Derek Shepherd, Justin Chambers as Alex Karev, Chandra Wilson as Miranda Bailey, James Pickens, Jr. as Richard Webber, Sara Ramirez as Callie Torres, Kevin McKidd as

Owen Hunt, Jessica Capshaw as Arizona Robbins, Jesse Williams as Jackson Avery, Sarah Drew as April Kepner, Caterina Scorsone as Amelia Shepherd, Camilla Luddington as Jo Wilson, and Jerrika Hinton as Stephanie Edwards.

“I Must Have Lost It On The Wind” was written by Stacy McKee and directed by Kevin McKidd.

“Got to Be Real” – Owen introduces Callie to the Veterans Hospital patients in hopes that she will help them with her robotic limb lab, Jo becomes jealous of Alex and Meredith’s friendship, and Maggie continues to confide in Richard. Meanwhile, Alex and Bailey prepare to go in front of the board, on “Grey’s Anatomy,” THURSDAY, OCTOBER 9 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Grey’s Anatomy” stars Ellen Pompeo as Meredith Grey, Patrick Dempsey as Derek Shepherd, Justin Chambers as Alex Karev, Chandra Wilson as Miranda Bailey, James Pickens, Jr. as Richard Webber, Sara Ramirez as Callie Torres, Kevin McKidd as Owen Hunt, Jessica Capshaw as Arizona Robbins, Jesse Williams as Jackson Avery, Sarah Drew as April Kepner, Camilla Luddington as Jo Wilson, Jerrika Hinton as Stephanie Edwards and Caterina Scorsone as Amelia Shepherd.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/09/greys-anatomy-episode-1103-got-to-be.html

Has anyone read the below article with Shonda?

By all accounts, Rhimes runs a tighter ship today.

Although her perfectionist tendencies coupled with Scandal's breakneck story pace can wreak havoc on deadlines — "We're always behind," she admits — the operation runs smoothly and the cast is tight-knit. "There are no Heigls in this situation," she says, choosing her words carefully. She adds later of her "no assholes" policy: "I don't put up with bullshit or nasty people. I don't have time for it."

I think it's safe to say that Izzie will never return to Grey Sloan whateveritscallednow...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/shonda-rhimes-opens-up-angry-738715

Has anyone read the below article with Shonda?

I think it's safe to say that Izzie will never return to Grey Sloan whateveritscallednow...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/shonda-rhimes-opens-up-angry-738715

LOL yes, seems doubtful. Can't let go of an actor saying they didn't get good writing yet no issue bringing back one who slammed a co-worker into a wall and disparaged another (my definition of asshole doesn't match hers). Its been so many years I don't want Izzie back. Alex has moved on and I just want his story to continue and not go back to the past.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 2

Thanks for posting that interview with Sarah Drew.

"April is going to connect with Maggie [Kelly McCreary] and Amelia [Caterina Scorsone] for reasons that will be revealed as the season continues," she says.

I'm curious to see how this happens..

• Love 1

So would that mean Arizona wallows in No FriendVille again? That would disappoint me.

Geena Davis is there for a SL that's actually legitimately about Arizona is my S11 mantra.

As a fan of Heigl I don't have a problem with Rhimes not wanting to bring her back on the show, even though Izzie was my favourite character and I would love to see her again. However, I don't really see why Rhimes needed to mention her specifically after so many years. I mean, if Rhimes was asked about Heigl in particular, that would be fine, but it didn't come across that way in the article to me.

• Love 1

Heigl was so awkward though - she got involved in behind the scenes drama, was way too over opinionated on the storylines and then there was that big drama when she went on maternity and refused to come back to set. She's the prime of example of an actress who's fame went straight to her head. She ended up being such an unprofessional asshole that it doesn't surprise me that Hollywood eventually saw through her and the people she's worked with aren't exactly singing her praises.

• Love 1

I always gave Heigl the benefit of the doubt because people did praise her when she spoke up about Isiah so it made sense to me she would do it again. She really lost me with the Maternity drama and the comments she made about Knocked up. I remember hearing there was drama on one of her movie sets.

She really lost me with the Maternity drama and the comments she made about Knocked up.

She took it too far. The Isaiah incident was one thing because it was wrong of him and she was close friends with TR Knight (though part of me thinks she just has a massive mouth and would have started up no matter who was involved). The rest was just ridiculous. Her maternity crap was so disrespectful - to the show and to her fans. The Knocked Up controversy - her argument may have had grounds had she not gone on to make that ridiculously sexist Ugly Truth movie. Her credibility was just shot to shit by the end of it. It's a shame to be honest because she did bring it all on herself.

She took it too far. The Isaiah incident was one thing because it was wrong of him and she was close friends with TR Knight (though part of me thinks she just has a massive mouth and would have started up no matter who was involved). The rest was just ridiculous. Her maternity crap was so disrespectful - to the show and to her fans. The Knocked Up controversy - her argument may have had grounds had she not gone on to make that ridiculously sexist Ugly Truth movie. Her credibility was just shot to shit by the end of it. It's a shame to be honest because she did bring it all on herself.

Yeah I agree the town I am from is right near the town she grew up so I was really rooting for her. She really did bring a lot to Grey's IMO and it is sad she burned all of her bridges. It must of been a big slap in the face to Shonda and the writers a few years later she wanted to come back when her career fizzled out.

Edited by choclatechip45

Camilla Luddington was on KTLA this morning. Luddington is lovely and I think it's obvious she really enjoys her role on the show.

http://ktla.com/2014/10/09/camilla-luddington-explains-why-another-isnt-her-favorite-word/

The piece includes a sneak peek of Jo earwigging on Alex and Meredith talking in his shower. Stephanie is also in it. It's a funny little scene and it makes me forget about what a non entity Stephanie usually is as a character.

Edited by Chas411
  • Love 1

I'm not a huge fan of Jo when she's practicing medicine because I never quite get why she's there or where the writers are going with her but I do love her as a girlfriend to Alex. I also think that Luddington's personality makes me like or at lease want to like Jo more.

• Love 2