Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

It’s not even just the number of characters. It’s the poor job they’ve done integrating new characters into the core cast the past few years, imo. Then they don’t really work so they write them out. 

55 minutes ago, deaja said:

It’s not even just the number of characters. It’s the poor job they’ve done integrating new characters into the core cast the past few years, imo. Then they don’t really work so they write them out. 

Krista has been better at this; Koracick is the best new character they've added in ages, so I have some faith about the new guys coming on. 

Meanwhile, ABC has released the official premiere synopsis. 

15x01 / 15x02  - With a Wonder and a Wild Desire / Broken Together - The doctors vie for a new position; Meredith struggles to stay focused; Amelia and Owen try to figure out their relationship; Jo and Alex's honeymoon doesn't go as planned; Meredith bonds with a patient; Jo forms an unexpected alliance.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, anna0852 said:

That's a bizarre dream sequence right?

I absolutely believe it is. The show has done it before.

And I imagine it might serve as some sort of "sexual re-awakening" for Meredith and make her realize that she really wants to start dating again.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, GSMHvisitor said:

I absolutely believe it is. The show has done it before.

And I imagine it might serve as some sort of "sexual re-awakening" for Meredith and make her realize that she really wants to start dating again.

They need to bring Nathan back.

15x03 - "Gut Feeling" - Meredith treats a patient who happens to specialize in matchmaking; a seemingly drunk patient pushes Richard's buttons and gives him a medical mystery to solve; Maggie tries to reach Teddy after bearing the burden of her secret becomes overwhelming.

In her new TVLine interview, Camilla confirms that Alex's mom returns and we'll see "a lot more" of his family, including other members. She was also told that there's a "strong" possibility of Jo finally meeting her parents.

She also mentioned to PopSugar, "In the premiere, you're going to meet some patients that stick around for a while, too. Also, I just have to say we have some crazy medical that ends up happening this season early on. We were in table reads and turning the page, and you think it's just sort of a regular patient moment, and then you're like, 'What?'"

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 1
On 9/8/2018 at 7:47 AM, kariyaki said:

Yeah, I thought April and Arizona were written out because there were "too many characters."

tenor.gif?itemid=3871550

There's a word missing there I think. Grey's had too many female characters, so kick two out so there can be more man-eye-candy. Or something. If you had too many characters, get rid of the interns! I don't think anyone would have been upset if they just disappeared this season. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, HighHopes said:

There's a word missing there I think. Grey's had too many female characters, so kick two out so there can be more man-eye-candy. Or something. If you had too many characters, get rid of the interns! I don't think anyone would have been upset if they just disappeared this season. 

The interns are not regulars. They have nothing to do with April and Arizona. The show will always have interns, by design. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BaseOps said:

The interns are not regulars. They have nothing to do with April and Arizona. The show will always have interns, by design. 

Eh, I understand that there will be interns. But I don’t find any of them interesting or necessary. If you’re worried about a show being too full, the easiest way would be lose at least one of the Interns like they have in the past. Percy, Reid, Brookes, Leah, Stephanie, etc. were all on the show and then they left. We still have all of the new interns and maybe some will leave in season 15...but the excuse of “too many characters” to fire two regulars/fan favs doesn’t work for me when you keep a bunch of low-level characters, and then hire two new docs. 

• Love 2

15x04 - Mama Knows Best - Meredith turns heads when she shows up to work ready for a blind date later that day; Alex makes a questionable decision in order to save a patient; the burden of knowing Teddy's secret keeps Maggie up at night.

22 hours ago, HighHopes said:

Eh, I understand that there will be interns. But I don’t find any of them interesting or necessary. If you’re worried about a show being too full, the easiest way would be lose at least one of the Interns like they have in the past. Percy, Reid, Brookes, Leah, Stephanie, etc. were all on the show and then they left. We still have all of the new interns and maybe some will leave in season 15...but the excuse of “too many characters” to fire two regulars/fan favs doesn’t work for me when you keep a bunch of low-level characters, and then hire two new docs. 

But they're literally just glorified guest stars, so it's a false equiviliancy. None of the interns get the attention or screentime that April or Arizona (or any other regular) would. It's been clear the last 2 years that they struggled to find stories for Arizona. This show thrives by bringing on new characters. They're still down 5 regulars from season 13 to season 15 (Ben, Riggs, Steph, Arizona, April), which makes way for new blood without overcrowding. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, BaseOps said:

the burden of knowing Teddy's secret keeps Maggie up at night.

Ugh, so in episode 4 it's still a secret?   Teddy's baby daddy needs to be out in the open early in the season.

On 9/21/2018 at 8:21 AM, JNM5505 said:

I'm definitely on board for the polyamorous (mutual triangle) relationship the spoilers seem to be implying with Teddy/Owen/Amelia.

I didn't think it's polyamorous so much as Owen torn between his baby mama and the relationship he was building with Amelia.  Amelia and Teddy getting together would really be a swerve.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, BaseOps said:

e burden of knowing Teddy's secret keeps Maggie up at night.

I'm already dreading the number of annoying attempted cutesie Maggie-esquire spiels that well have to suffer through as part of this "hilarious" storyline. 

• Love 8
On 9/11/2018 at 4:33 AM, Chas411 said:

I'm not against it as I think it's time Meredith loosened up a bit and just had some fun. 

Me neither.  I like DeLuca, I'm over dour, wise Meredith and ready for her to be flirty and nervous.  

I agree about Maggie.  This storyline isn't going to do her any favors. 

• Love 2
On 22/09/2018 at 11:15 PM, statsgirl said:

Amelia and Teddy getting together would really be a swerve.

Now that's a story I would like to see!!!

Good, more Maggie. When will they realize no one cares?????

Edited by maddie965
  • Love 1
On 9/21/2018 at 9:11 AM, BaseOps said:

There were no interns in seasons 10 or 11. Or 6 or 7 or 8. Or 13. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Since I am one of the rare breed who likes Maggie, AND I love Station 19, I'm excited by the prospect of a crossover Maggie and Miller hookup!

Wait, is this for real? Is this confirmed somewhere? And when is this supposed to happen, because Maggie is still technically with Jackson so hopefully not any time soon.

12 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Wait, is this for real? Is this confirmed somewhere? And when is this supposed to happen, because Maggie is still technically with Jackson so hopefully not any time soon.

It's more (hopeful) speculation than spoiler ... but hope it qualifies as more than random speculation because I'm basing it on coming attractions for next week's show which is a two-hour crossover between the two shows which appeared to show a shot of the two of them from which I inferred a potential plot point (If this is not appropriate for this thread I apologize!)

I try to avoid full-on spoilers because my 45 minutes a week of GA is one of my favorite guilty pleasures but when I saw the snippet I had to check the last few posts here to see if anyone had confirmed that possible pairing!

Well....I guess we'll see tonight (thanks Canada) whether or not he's set to stick around.

My guess? He's dead by the end of the episode, effectively answering that question. No idea why I even think this, but I doubt he's sticking around.

Nooooooooooo!!!!!   I try to avoid spoilers during the season ( generally stay out of this thread during season) but just saw the Radnor news on Twitter. HIMYM’s finale ruined that show for me;  and, prior to the finale, Ted ruined Josh Radnor for me. 

Sigh, I guess in this case I’m glad to have some warning to brace myself. Sigh. 

Edited by pennben
  • Love 3

im guessing that jaggie and Jackson break up, she did her wrong by running off like that, he basically pulled a april

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:28 PM, Lady Calypso said:

I don't know if its confirmed but I would love for miller and jaggie to hook up, I don't see Jackson and jaggie lasting much longer

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I predict that Ben is going to get tired of Bossy Bailey treating him like a two year old, and he will have an affair with one of his colleagues at Station 19.   

I don't know about an affair, but I definitely think that there will be some trouble ahead for Ben and Bailey.  My hope is that it will all be on Station 19, because if Ben isn't going to be on Grey's full time, I am not interested in a storyline that tries to piggy back both shows.  I refuse to watch.

• Love 5

Bringing this over from the episode thread: 

so far I don't like linc, he seems like too much of a playa although I could be wrong, I don't want to see him flirting with Jo or her flirting with him an it wont happen if the writers do it correctly, Alex has been through a lot and I really like him, I don't want to see him hurt again

Maybe its just wishful thinking on my part, but I really don't think its going to go that way.  They seemed like long lost friends to me and nothing more.  I wouldn't mind seeing a "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" type situation though.  Jo has always had to fit into Alex's world and tolerate his friends and that caused some problems when Meredith was extra clingy.  So Alex will have to deal with someone who knows Jo from "Before" and who has absolutely no connection to Seattle Grace and all the ghosts that haunt it.  Link may know stuff about Jo that Alex doesn't know and the two will have shared memories and experiences that have nothing to do with Alex.  I can't imagine that causing huge problems, but I would be okay with Alex feeling a little left out sometimes.  God knows Jo did and Alex didn't do much to alleviate it.  

• Love 2
15 hours ago, toomuchtv47 said:

I get the impression from this piece in Buzzfeed that they're going ahead with Mandrew (not sure what Meredith and Andrew mash up would be). Don't know if it will stick but they're trying.

A “Grey’s Anatomy” Showrunner Said Meredith And Derek’s Relationship Would Look Different In Light Of #MeToo And Time’s Up

LOL, Mandrew is the only one that works (Anddith just sounds weird)

• Love 2
20 hours ago, toomuchtv47 said:

I get the impression from this piece in Buzzfeed that they're going ahead with Mandrew (not sure what Meredith and Andrew mash up would be). Don't know if it will stick but they're trying.

A “Grey’s Anatomy” Showrunner Said Meredith And Derek’s Relationship Would Look Different In Light Of #MeToo And Time’s Up

That pic of Derek and Mere staring longingly at each other is just---powerful --  in a god they were so dynamic back then kind of way. Those two actors had some of the best chemistry I have ever seen. I remember....

Somehow I don't think the actor who plays Deluca is going to cut it.

• Love 4

Who wants to bet the final scene of the first half of season finale next week will be Teddy either blurting out she's pregnant, or collapsing at Owen's feet before telling him about his little bundle of joy?    Then, someone will run to help her, and announce she's pregnant.   All this will happen when everyone is waiting outside the surgery on Catherine, so it will be a double cliff hanger.   Isn't Debbie Allen a producer?  I can't see them writing her out, so I'm sure Meredith will come up with a solution, and maybe it will be Jo's cancer treatment she's working on. 

And I'm guessing Jackson's friend will show up, and it will turn out she's not going to be a threat at all.    Maggie is the most juvenile person that I've seen in years, and she's being written like she's a toddler throwing a tantrum most of the time.       In my view. April talking to Jackson about religion is only part of his life, and she's married to someone else now, and that's not a threat to his romances.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

The promo for next week shows Meredith & DeLuca getting VERY close to a kiss. Promos are often misleading, but I wouldn't be surprised. I don't think it will be so clear-cut though, given the fact that they also just started pushing Linc / Meredith. Also, Vernoff said that Meredith's blind dates will continue into the next part of the season.

8 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I think it's just another dream sequence to illustrate that Meredith is horny.

I hope so. Meredith getting involved with a man who had sex with her sister seriously skeeves me out.

• Love 2

I wonder if a highlight of the wind storm on next week's show will be some intern who just gleefully said that there will be a lot of impaled patients, gets impaled two seconds later?   That would be funny to me, but I do have a rather bizarre sense of humor.  

I wonder if the writers are borrowing plot ideas from General Hospital?    The next step is an endless coma for some guest star.  

My big question is since the poor nurse is now gone, and had no relatives, who will take care of the baby?   Please tell me it's not Owen and Amelia.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wonder if a highlight of the wind storm on next week's show will be some intern who just gleefully said that there will be a lot of impaled patients, gets impaled two seconds later?   That would be funny to me, but I do have a rather bizarre sense of humor.  

I wonder if the writers are borrowing plot ideas from General Hospital?    The next step is an endless coma for some guest star.  

My big question is since the poor nurse is now gone, and had no relatives, who will take care of the baby?   Please tell me it's not Owen and Amelia.     

I'm glad they're doing a wind storm rather than something totally outrageous. We joke a lot about what the next disaster could possibly be, but I like that at least with Krista steering the ship we've had them be slightly less ridiculous (the hacking last year, a wind storm this year). I fear that if Stacey Mackee was still in charge we really would be getting frogs falling from the sky or zombies or something ridiculous. I hope that them doing a storm now also means that we'll get another finale in the vein of last years' where it's character-focused rather than a big disaster. Vernoff also has a great way of making these 'event' episodes feature big moments for all the characters like they did in the early years (bomb episode, ferry boat, ambulance crash, shooting), whereas with Stacey at the helm they were almost always ridiculously-plotted and struggled to give material to several characters (see: the season 13 finale). 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 2

What I hate about a Jackson/Maggie breakup will be when there is endless whining about how they don't want to see each other, and since their parents are married they will have to see each other.    Since no one on this show seems to go to work, then they won't see each other there very often.

• Love 4
On 11/9/2018 at 7:26 PM, SimoneS said:

I hope so. Meredith getting involved with a man who had sex with her sister seriously skeeves me out.

Yeah. That is problematic for me as well. But the thing that skeeves me out the most is the fact that Meredith is his superior -- she is in a position of power and he is her subordinate. It's just all kinds of wrong.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, taanja said:

Yeah. That is problematic for me as well. But the thing that skeeves me out the most is the fact that Meredith is his superior -- she is in a position of power and he is her subordinate. It's just all kinds of wrong.

Happens all the time on this show.  What about Alex and Jo and Meredith and Derek and on and on.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Happens all the time on this show.  What about Alex and Jo and Meredith and Derek and on and on.

It’s not new but the showrunner is talking about how merder would be sexual harrassement and would never fly in 2018 so it’s noteworthy to be bothered by this when the showrunner is saying to be bothered by it.

• Love 3