Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

I don't necessarily want Derek to cheat, but I will be annoyed if the whole thing is a cop out like he lost his phone or something.

Considering "did Meredith cheat?" turned out to be her ignoring calls to jump on the bed I'm guessing you'll be annoyed.

• Love 4
I would rather see Derek go right up against a line, but not cross it, then have him just lose his stupid phone.

For me, this is the most likely scenario. Like you say, it'd be a call back to do the reverse of his marriage to Addison and not go there. 

However, I do think that it will be a 45 second explanation that will never be mentioned again. Marriage fixed!

I would be more concerned about those whose contracts are up this season (do we know anything about owen, april, jackson, arizona contracts?) or the characters who haven't had any story line or focus (especially alex, but also jo and stephanie).

I think KMK's was up last year (?) but by some rea$on, he's still there. Owen has nothing to do but I doubt it's him. Richard made sense because of the pics, and even if it was the first scene, they could shoot the last one just after. Maybe.

I wouldn't mind Stephanie. She is just consuming oxygen at this point. 

• Love 1

For me, this is the most likely scenario. Like you say, it'd be a call back to do the reverse of his marriage to Addison and not go there. 

However, I do think that it will be a 45 second explanation that will never be mentioned again. Marriage fixed!

I think KMK's was up last year (?) but by some rea$on, he's still there. Owen has nothing to do but I doubt it's him. Richard made sense because of the pics, and even if it was the first scene, they could shoot the last one just after. Maybe.

I imagine, since the line from the side mentions crossing the line "Keep going. You’re right on the line now. You’re going to cross it. Don’t stop. And this moment is so charged." that it'll be much like the April Kepner situation where some younger doctor is entranced (I know I would be ;)) and at first he doesn't notice, but as Addison said about Meredith, "She's young. That whole wide-eyed  'ooh, he's a brain surgeon' thing happening..." and he may step right up to that line. I don't believe he'll cross it, but this stuff - the medicine of it and the challenge is basically Derek's aphrodisiac. Think about how he was treated by both Meredith and Amelia before he left, and how he'll feel making medical history.

So, I think the phone is left in the lab, the resident is distracted, picks it up without even looking at it, hears Meredith's voice, and then becomes flustered. Because she has the hots for teacher, just like Meredith did years ago.

Just so you know, I am ALWAYS wrong guessing this stuff.

Edited by LakeLover

I hope they don´t  kill off  Webber just when he has found and connected with the daughter he never knew he even had. That would be so cruel!

Random thought - I´d like to see Alana Cahill again - what a pity she couldn´t stay. Constance Zimmer is such a great  actress.

Edited by Season5OwenHuntfan

On the social media some fans think Derek could be the character who dies in episode 11.21 (Joshua). Do you think it's possible ?

And if he comes back in Seattle, what will he do ? Amelia is the head of the neuro and I don't think Shonda will demote her. I can't imagine Derek will come back as a subordinate

What do you think ?

Edited by BoaGreys

They can´t kill off Derek. There are some characters you can´t touch. Derek is one of them.JMHO

Rhimes should have never called Scorsone on the show and make her regular, Amelia started the whole mess of excluding Derek out of the OR as Neuro head on the show and make him feel worthless. JMHO

The point is Amelia is in Seattle and she will stay. And we know there are never 2 doctors for the same specialty in this hospital

I just hope that Patrick Dempsey changes his mind since his divorce announcement and he doesn't wanf to leave GA anymore, not before the end of S12 anyway

I just hope that Patrick Dempsey changes his mind since his divorce announcement and he doesn't wanf to leave GA anymore, not before the end of S12 anyway

Heading to the PD thread to discuss this. 

Amelia is the head of the neuro and I don't think Shonda will demote her. I can't imagine Derek will come back as a subordinate

I honestly don't know how the writers will fix that but I don't think is a far possibility. He could return to do just that except now will suck it up because of some lame reason. Since Derek's work isn't as important, doesn't matter. So, for me, this will exactly happen. 

As for the death, who knows. I have my money on Richard. I doubt it's Derek (although I'd be thrilled in a very disturbed way as I would be able to finally quit this show) but either Richard or Jackson or Stephanie or Owen or April. With the exception of Richard, I don't like the last three so, maybe it'll be one of them. 

• Love 2

I really hope it isn't Richard! Can't we continue with the Meredith Grey curse and have it be Maggie?? I think the " death" is going to end up just being a lot of hype. Maybe a flash forward or dream sequence or something. This show has jumped an ocean full of sharks, but another death? Come on.

• Love 3

I tried to reply to this thread three times. I agree with you, it could very well be a FlashForward or a dream just like Meredith had in the season five opener where she dreams Derek was killed in a crash.

On the social media some fans think Derek could be the character who dies in episode 11.21 (Joshua). Do you think it's possible ?

And if he comes back in Seattle, what will he do ? Amelia is the head of the neuro and I don't think Shonda will demote her. I can't imagine Derek will come back as a subordinate

What do you think ?

My logical side wants to believe that Shonda would not kill off Derek, but things like this get me worried. What exactly is he going to do back in Seattle? The only possible scenario I can think of is he works remotely for the NiH and consults for GSMH. this would allow him to pop in and out of the hospital somewhat realistically and allow PD to have his reduced schedule/workload.

I also wonder what happened that made Patrick have to withdraw from his race this weekend. I feel like something major must be happening on set since they had to know for weeks (or even months) he had a scheduling conflict. And he would be gone what 2-3 days? It could be something simple like production delays but everything together does make me a little nervous.

Also, I don't beleive that Patrick would break his contract, but there are ways out on good terms. I don't think his quote about Grey's being his "first priority" means anything. That's just typical PR speak.

Not related to PD, I question these sides a little because it seems like "Joshua" dies in another hospital. How shitty would that be for a regular to die in another hospital. So who knows, could be one of those dummy sides where something completely different happens.

What exactly is he going to do back in Seattle?

He could be a world renowned neurosurgeon. He hated being chief so I never quite understood why he'd want to be a department head with all the admin work and not just focus on being a doctor. A facility the size of SGM could easily have 2 great neurosurgeons on staff.  If not, he could head up a research department or center. He could continue his work only at SGM. He could continue to work with Callie and others to apply what he has been working on to other areas of medicine. I guess I just don't see why department head is a deal breaker.

I also wonder what happened that made Patrick have to withdraw from his race this weekend.

Perhaps production was just delayed for some other reason? It happens.

• Love 1

Perhaps production was just delayed for some other reason? It happens.

That's my guess.  The last one of PD's races I went to (last summer), he missed the first 1.5 days of the event because he was held up on Grey's.  And he always has to leave the track as soon as the race is over so he can get back to LA for Grey's.  He always has a car waiting for him in the paddock after the race, and it's the only time I see him not stop for fans who want his attention (but he's still polite and apologizes and explains that he has to get back to LA).

In regards to killing off Derek before the series finale...  There are ways to bring deceased characters back besides ghost sex.  ER did it with Romano and Greene by putting them in an episode which focused on a current character's back story.  However, even with Shonda's amnesia, I'd be very surprised if Derek died before the series finale, given his lines to Mere about dying in her arms at 110 years old and reminding her who he is if she gets Alzheimer's and forgets him.  I actually feature the latter happening in the series finale--Mere has Alzheimer's and is remembering her life with Derek's help filling in the gaps.

Edited by KnitsWithRaceCars
  • Love 1

well just when I thought this season couldn't get any more ridiculous 

Got any information on Meredith and Derek on Grey’s Anatomy?? — Jordan
How about just Meredith? An upcoming episode will feature all hands on deck in the ER after a plane crashes in Seattle. The incident will cause Mer and Arizona in particular to suffer from PTSD once again, but they won’t be the only ones reeling from the event that took the lives of Lexie and Mark. (http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/20/spoiler-room-scoop-greys-glee-orphan-black-and-more)

Another place crash??  I wonder if this will be the car crash from the 11X21 sides?  Maybe a doctor won't die after all?

I wonder if this will be the car crash from the 11X21 sides?  Maybe a doctor won't die after all?

I think you're right and car crash is plane crash. Plane crash PTSD will be yet another wake up call for them to run and reunite with their love. Gives them 3 episodes for the reunions to be built up for the finale. 

Maybe Derek is on the plane or the plane crashes into the hospital and takes someone out (that was a joke).

Edited by windsprints

When I first saw the sides, I immediately thought of it being a dream sequence, but now I guess it could be an episode full of triggered flashbacks.

Felt like if someone was really being killed off, we would've caught wind of an actor leaving already.

Another plane crash? They aren't even bothering with creating new disasters? Lazy.

but they won’t be the only ones reeling from the event that took the lives of Lexie and Mark.

They shouldn't be the only ones. Derek & Callie lost Mark as well. 

Maybe Derek is on the plane or the plane crashes into the hospital and takes someone out (that was a joke).

It would be so cool though. Too morbid to find it cool?

Edited by AnitaM86
  • Love 1

And we know there are never 2 doctors for the same specialty in this hospital

With all due respect, that's no longer true.  It was true through season 5, then changed at the start of season 6 when Bailey became an attending.  Now there's Richard, Bailey, and Mere who are all general surgeons and Owen and April who are both trauma surgeons.

It would be so cool though. Too morbid to find it cool?

Kinda morbid to me, but it wouldn't bother me too much as long as it's not Derek who dies.  And I might laugh at the irony if it's a character that I don't like, because I'm just mean like that when it comes to fictional characters I dislike.  It also seems kind of contrived, but I doubt it would be worse than ER's "Helicopter: 2, Viewers: 0."

The incident will cause Mer and Arizona in particular to suffer from PTSD once again, but they won’t be the only ones reeling from the event that took the lives of Lexie and Mark.

I don't remember Meredith having PTSD. She struggled somewhat after the crash but I thought less than most people. She'll probably remember the sister she barely gave the time of day to when she tells Maggie about her. 

The promo makes it clear to me that Derek didn't cheat so now we'll probably the rest of the season with Meredith talking to her friends about how she can't trust him. 

• Love 3
we'll probably the rest of the season with Meredith talking to her friends about how she can't trust him.

Again. Like she did on S4. She'll throw everything in his face, again. Addison, Rose, when he finished her shampoo. How to trust the person who finishes your shampoo without telling you? 

But being self-aware and see her role? No. So dreading this. 

I don't remember Meredith having PTSD. She struggled somewhat after the crash but I thought less than most people.

I don't believe she ever really struggled at all. Not after drowning, not after the shooting, not after the plane crash. She only kinda flipped when Mark was dying and decided on a whim to go to see Cristina and couldn't sit in the plane. Other than that...I really can't tell ifs he had any PTSD. 

It also seems kind of contrived, but I doubt it would be worse than ER's "Helicopter: 2, Viewers: 0."

I'm honestly surprised the show hasn't gone helicopter yet. Kuddos for not trying to copy this, yet, GA. 

• Love 4

I really think that Derek is going to reveal to Meredith that he did not do anything and that the girl tried to come on to him and kiss him and he stopped it and walked away (regarding the flashback scene shown in the promo), this is what I hope really happened anyway. I have watched the promo a couple of times and Meredith says something to the effect of "I really want to believe you but I don't know if I can". My concern is that Meredith will not realize the role she played in all of this...the role her attitude played in pushing him away in the first place. She will once again digress into "old flighty Meredith" and say she cannot trust him and that she wants time apart to sort it out in her mind. If this happens I am going to be so aggravated because it is: 1. Way overboard to act this way towards your husband who never actually did anything wrong AND thought enough of you as his wife, and his family, to come home and work through the problems with you! And 2. It is sooo repetitive! We have seen Meredith act this way before in season 4 (and in every episode leading up to that season) and it would be such a regression to see MerDer reduced to this once again! I'm not saying they don't have problems to work through, and that could be very interesting to watch, but there are better ways to do it than to have them "split". Even if it's for just a few episodes I won't be happy!

• Love 2

But being self-aware and see her role? No. So dreading this.

In this one sentence, AnitaM86 , you have made me realize why Meredith and Callie are so damn chummy this season.

• Love 1

I guess MerDer will have similar scenes like Crowen did in S8 when they discussed Owen´s cheating  - talking it out at home with flashbacks.

Do the writers remember they are copying themselves???

Give them a break. They're on S11. They have no other SLs to play with and have to go with the same all over again. ;)

Yup, just like they are copying Crowen scenes this season especially the moving ones from S5 and S10 and shoot them again only now the woman is Amelia. There have been several prominent reshots. Aren´t they embarrassed for such lousy work? 

I´m expecting a remake of the magic Crowen vent scenes from S5 soon -  if they do THAT, I will lose whatever respect I have left for all those writers and directors on this show. 

• Love 1

In this one sentence, AnitaM86 , you have made me realize why Meredith and Callie are so damn chummy this season.

This actually made me laugh because it implied that Arizona and Derek have accepted their parts in the mess of their relationships and that is simply not the case.

• Love 2

Either 11x21 does have a car crash or the plane crash hits cars. Maybe its a small plane that crash lands on a roadway or something like that since cars were banged up during the filming.

wanderlust_xx_
35 minutes ago
Yesterday on set was pretty wild to say the least. Shot the most intense stunt sequence in the show so far. Got to witness some pretty gorgeous cars get banged up in the process too. Can't wait to see S11E21 when it's all done! #greysanatomy #iwannabeastuntdouble

Credit/source: http://calzona-ga.tumblr.com/post/114863065305/wanderlust-xx-yesterday-on-set-was-pretty-wild-to

Edited by windsprints

PD posted a couple of pics with him in a car, so probably Derek will be among those treating the injured in the car pileup. They're still shooting 11x21, correct?

Arizona and Derek have accepted their parts in the mess of their relationships and that is simply not the case.

But they are the only ones who end up having some sort of consequence. Meredith and Callie? They're never wrong. 

• Love 4
They're still shooting 11x21, correct?

Yes, through 4/1. If the sides are correct there is a doctor at an accident site who helps get people out and treats them. Its seems (guessing) that he goes to the hospital (not SGM) with the patients. Probably Derek since the neurosurgeon being paged is 30 minutes away so he could end up operating.

Its confusing though because there's also sides where the paramedics and fire are there and the fireman tells the doctor to go home so he may leave the scene and not be at the hospital. An ambulance brings in another patient later (they say they are full, driver says they need to make room) so that could be the patient on the table too. I'm not sure how it works but if the hospital is nearby maybe they call for assistance if their neurosurgeon is not available.

Edited by windsprints

But they are the only ones who end up having some sort of consequence. Meredith and Callie? They're never wrong. 

I think every character has been punished for their mistakes -- Meredith and Callie included. And I think each one have been proven wrong in both professional and personal cases.

However, it would be impossible to deny that the writers clearly angle the couples' stories from these two characters' perspectives. In other words, Meredith and Callie's points-of-view are given more coverage when they find themselves in conflict than their respective other halves. It boils down to one of this series' weaknesses: regulars with disparate amounts of development and complexity. 

Arizona and Derek were primarily created as love interests, and thus, they're more thinly drawn. Although Derek is an original, he has never been (or allowed to be) as complex a character as Meredith, and this has become more evident with Dempsey's decreased screen time over these past five years. Arizona, meanwhile, hasn't had any stories independent of Callie -- aside from mentoring doctors and learning from Dr. Herman. (I, personally, still feel like I don't know her as well as I should, because she hasn't been consistently crafted.)

So Meredith and Callie, who was initially a love interest for George but became a "de facto" original when he was being phased out in Season Five, anchor their stories. Arizona's cheating becomes about Callie. Derek's cheating becomes about Meredith. 

But I don't blame Callie and Meredith (because I don't think the show presents them as faultless). I blame the writers for not giving us more fully realized portraits of Derek and Arizona, whom I ultimately end up resenting more -- because of the show's shortcomings and inability to make them as dynamic. 

Edited by upperco
  • Love 10

Absolutely agree with everything you said upperco.

Not once has the show indicated that Callie or Meredith are faultless.  They are given more dimension and thus more understanding.

Arizona finally got a storyline that was all hers with Herman and we have learned nothing new and the character has gained nothing from it save for the fact she is a Fetal Surgeon now.  She started opening up a little and then once the story was over everything went back to the norm.

This is the reason a lot of fans cannot warm up to Arizona.  If the writers took the time to give her the same kind of writing they give to Callie and Meredith there would be a lot more understanding and forgiveness for the character.

Derek is McDreamy and hence is supposed to be this perfect person for Meredith, yeah he screwed up but realized Meredith and the kids were his everything. But nothing deeper than that.  Why did he need or want the DC job so much that he was willing to leave his wife and kids behind?  Ambition?  Unhappiness?  Doesn't matter because it's not Meredith's story. 

Its confusing though because there's also sides where the paramedics and fire are there and the fireman tells the doctor to go home so he may leave the scene and not be at the hospital. An ambulance brings in another patient later (they say they are full, driver says they need to make room) so that could be the patient on the table too. I'm not sure how it works but if the hospital is nearby maybe they call for assistance if their neurosurgeon is not available.

Are we supposed to assume it's the same doctor? I mean, is it a neurosurgeon in particular?

I think you have an excellent point upperco, however, my point was more to add to what you stated, very well. It's not only that Arizona and Derek are poorly explored, but also that even so, Meredith and Callie are usually portrayed with the angle that they were the wronged ones regardless of how they may have pushed and pulled Derek and Arizona. It's them the ones to have to repent. 

Are we supposed to assume it's the same doctor? I mean, is it a neurosurgeon in particular?

The side says they are waiting for a neurosurgeon who is 30 minutes away. We know from pictures that they filmed at a different hospital and they seem to be casting some doctors. Something has to happen after Derek (assuming its him) helps the people at the accident site for them to show us inside the hospital. So, since they have people saying they are waiting on a neurosurgeon I thought Derek or Amelia could be called to save someone. Other reasons we could be seeing scenes in another hospital: one of the patients is someone we know or a doctor we know is temporarily working at this other hospital. Any other thoughts on why else they would be following the action inside this other hospital? I'm just guessing. I find this episode intriguing since there will be action taking place elsewhere.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 1

Perhaps Derek does end up operating at the other hospital like you suggested. This could become a good way to explain more of PD's absence in the show for Season 12. Assuming PD wants time off to race next year just like he did this year, they will need to explain his absence. I thought they might just send him to DC again (which they might), but since they're playing up the whole Shepherd sibling rivalry AGAIN (zzzzzz) maybe Derek will end up taking a neurosurgeon job at a different hospital. That way he could pop into GSMH when needed, perhaps have a few scenes with Mer at home, but still not have to be seen much....

But other than that, after reading the sides I had assumed the patient that the doctor's are working on is a character we know. And since the patient isn't being casted, isn't that actually a given? That we know him or her? If so, and if the doctor dies or is brain dead (like in the sides), I'm assuming this might be some sort of alternative universe episode. They haven't done one yet this season...

Oh, ok. Thank you windsprints, that solves my confusion in terms of the doctor. Whatever it is, seems big. A lot of press tweeted that they were on set while filming this episode, so seems it will be something.

Assuming PD wants time off to race next year just like he did this year, they will need to explain his absence.

They have managed to work this in the past. Derek would have a 30 second scene in the hospital, another one at home and done. I don't think they'll send him to another hospital, especially knowing that SGH is ground zero of the most amazing surgeons in the history of modern medicine.

• Love 1

I think you have an excellent point upperco, however, my point was more to add to what you stated, very well. It's not only that Arizona and Derek are poorly explored, but also that even so, Meredith and Callie are usually portrayed with the angle that they were the wronged ones regardless of how they may have pushed and pulled Derek and Arizona. It's them the ones to have to repent. 

I get what you are saying but ultimately, that is on the writers, not on Meredith and Callie and there seems to be a lot of hate and anger directed towards them from Derek and Arizona fans because of it.  Point of view is the big thing.  You see the pain that Derek and Arizona's actions have on Meredith and Callie, but you don't see how the decisions they made affect Derek and Arizona.  You don't see the remorse or any of it, because the writers have made the decision that it's not important.  It's unfortunate.

Ultimately, this discussion would probably be better in another thread since it's not really spoiler or speculation.

Edited by North
  • Love 1
And since the patient isn't being casted, isn't that actually a given? That we know him or her? If so, and if the doctor dies or is brain dead (like in the sides),

Usually, but sometimes its a name actor that they got to come on but that doesn't happen that often.

I have no desire to speculate about PD's contract and will leave that for the PD thread but I'll say I agree with anitam86 that its likely the other hospital is just for the episode. Whenever we've seen a character go elsewhere its been temporary because 90%+ of the show is set at SGM. If an any actor on the show plans time off they could just have a line of dialog to explain the absence. Its not that hard - any of them can be off to a medical conference to speak, off to a relative's wedding or a slew of other explanations. If its for a longer period they could prefilm as anitam86 said. Shows do this all the time for pregnancies, etc. As a viewer I'd prefer some prefilmed scenes rather than some lame story. I'm not at all a MerDer fan but had the Derek/Renee scenes been sprinkled throughout the episodes Derek wasn't in I would have found the story much more balanced/interesting. The speech followed by a reunion was always a given but at least there would have been more buildup instead of just showing some flashes in the same episodes.

Anyway, I think 11x21 is going to be a big episode. There were various media outlets there and that is usually for the bigger episodes. Derek in the car, news of a crash, a doctor helping could end up not being the big issue. I think there will be something at the end. Could be something like someone getting in an accident just when we all think its over. I'm not convinced yet that anyone will die but we'll see. We may get a few more spoilers to get more clues to what's happening for sure but its fun to guess.

As for it being an AU episode, anything is possible. I hope not though. Its fun and all but I would rather see the last 5 episodes all driving the story forward and not off on some tangent.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 2

I saw people on tumblr saying its probably Derek who causes the accident (then dies) because a victim says that it was a Porsche that hit them and Patrick tweeted the photos of him in a Porsche. Are there any real spoilers that have anything like that?

As an Alex fan I am hoping with all my might that Derek lives so Meredith can go be happy with him and return to forgetting all about Alex.

• Love 1

Why would the show kill a major character, let alone Derek, in the 21st episode of the season? Why not save something that dramatic and emotional for the finale?

I don't think any of the main players are going to die. But it could be possible that Derek's reckless driving, that he's known to do, causes the big accident. Or maybe he's on the road when it happens and stops to assist.

I could see them killing off a character in 21 because everyone expects a death/tragedy in the finale. A few episodes earlier gives the surprise factor.  Or, the death leads to something big in the finale.  

I agree with you funnygirl, I don't Derek (or anyone) will die either. I know the sides hint strongly at a death but it could easily be someone injured badly. If they are in another hospital and their ID is unknown it could also be someone missing for an episode or two.  What added to the dying speculation was the gossip site that published there will be a death in Shondaland. Personally, I'm 98% convinced it will be on Scandal (I watch both but spoiler free for Scandal) but JMO.

a victim says that it was a Porsche that hit them

Unless the side has been updated since I read it does not specify the model of car.  The person says "rich guy in an overpriced mid-life crisis car".  

Edited by windsprints

To be fair, Derek has an SUV with seats for his kids, so I doubt that is the over-priced midlife crisis car. My guess is that he's among those who either got into the accident or stops to help. Definitely not dead guy walking.

the surprise factor.

Many shows do this but I don't think GA will. TGW killed Will in episode 15. GoT kills everyone all the time but usually important ones go in episode 9. GA seems to have their major death reserved for SF. Whoever dies. If someone dies. 

Or perhaps it will just be terrible injuries that will collapse in the SF. Maybe not death but not a good recovery. Who is due to have their NDE? Jackson? April? The interns? Tic toc!

To be fair, Derek has an SUV with seats for his kids, so I doubt that is the over-priced midlife crisis car.

Didn't Patrick post pictures with Derek driving a Porsche?

Again, I am not saying Derek dies, in fact I said the opposite.

Edited by windsprints

To be fair, Derek has an SUV with seats for his kids, so I doubt that is the over-priced midlife crisis car.

Derek drives a Porsche Cayenne (or has, in previous episodes). It's an SUV. I don't think of it as an "over-priced midlife crisis car," but YMMV.

Edited by Tuleh2

I clearly left out the Porsche part of the sentence, my bad. But like Tuleh2 said, the Porsche Cayenne is an SUV but I highly doubt that is a mid-life crisis car. I wouldn't expect one of those cars to have back seats and since Bailey is still a baby, he must still have a car seat. Not sure how it goes for kids at Zola's age. 

Point is, if sides are correct, I don't think it's Derek or anyone with his car to cause the accident as PD's pics had him drive the SUV. I also don't know if he has the rich guy kind of type. I'd expect someone in a suit with a douche Bluetooth (sorry if anyone wears them, I hate those). But that's just a guess. 

Edited by AnitaM86

Thank you for the answers about the car everybody.

with a douche Bluetooth

Many people use Bluetooth when driving where I live (CT) because its illegal to use a handheld phone while driving. It may be different in your state or in WA, I do not know.

• Love 1
It may be different in your state or in WA, I do not know.

No clue. Where I live people usually use their iPhones as radio as well, so they just put it on speaker. Truth is...I had a professor that I really disliked that used Bluetooth the whole time, even during class. It's why I have such a disgust for them, nothing personal. :) I was a picturing a Wall Street guy with that. 

Pretty sure it's illegal in most US states to talk or text while driving. My aunt lives in CA and enforcement is really tough in her area. It's even "illegal" here in Latin America but laws here are joke, so no biggie.

I think the episode itself may be worth just to see if anyone dies.