Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

Amelia was my favorite on Private Practice. So this is what I'm most interested in. I hope she does not replace Cristina, but honestly out of all the females on Grey's I could see Meredith getting along with Amelia better than Callie and April. Not because of Derek, but

I think they have similar personalities.

I agree. Meredith is going to need a new BFF (even though no one can replace Cristina) and Callie and Derek work much better as friends.

(edited)

Patrick and Shonda both confirmed that the table read is Tuesday, and Patrick said it's for episodes 1 and 2. I wonder if it's a two part premiere, even though the premiere will only be one hour. So we'll get part one on September 25th and part two on October 2nd.

Edited by darkxtwisty

It isn't a two part premiere. They just decided to read both, and they're shooting 2 first for some reason. I'm guessing it has to do with someone's - probably Dempsey's - scheduling needs.

Flashbacks.  There were some more sides out for 11x01. One is for a girl Lisa. It appears to be Meredith, with Ellis waking her to take her out of town. In another scene they are at the hospital and it could be something like Ellis finding out she is pregnant or even after the suicide attempt.

I would have rather it had been Jackson all along.  I do not want another sister for Mer.  Lexie was enough (well, and the other sister that did a Chuck Cunningham). 

And Ellis again.  Hm.  I'm not sure I can see KB without thinking Yum yum, crispy piggy.  Yum Yum". 

Also...

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/08/geena-davis-guest-star-greys-anatomy/

I'm not sure if I like this yet (and not only because of what she's done to her face).  New head of Cardio?  Another past love of Richard's?  Owen's sister?  There will have to be some lame connection somewhere.

Edited by BeaVee

I'd have preferred it be Jackson as well... even Stephanie if they wanted to do a Richard lovechild storyline. Adding in a bland new character to fill the role just seems unnecessary given that half the cast already has nothing to do.

My goodness, what has Geena Davis done to her face?  I can't see her character being related to Jo - wasn't Jo some sort of street kid?  If so, it'd seem unlikely that she'd be related to a surgeon.  I wonder if it has anything to do with the casting call for amputees?  

http://www.projectcasting.com/casting-calls-and-auditions/greys-anatomy-season-11-casting-call-for-amputees-in-los-angeles/

Could she be connected to Callie's work, or maybe the amputees are veterans and connected to Owen in some way?

Filming 8/15-8/28:

Woman: Annie and Jake are in the middle of a huge fight in a waiting room. Annie is asking Jake if he's telling her that he managed to kill every pet he's ever had and expect her to be ok with getting a pet with her. A woman says hi. They look up and see that the Pet Adoption woman has come out of her office and heard their fight. Guessing its Callie and Arizona having some kind of argument while waiting to speak with an adoption counselor or lawyer. 

Steve (probably Amelia's patient): Paramedics bring in Steve Tate, dressed in motorcycle leathers, head bashed in. Paramedic says 38, thrown, no helmet, skull fracture, left side hemiparesis. Dr. Smith asks Steve his name, Steve is in pain, Dr. Smith gives him something for the pain and Steve goes out like a light.

Steve's room, post op. Dr. Smith shows the CT to Steve who is just out of surgery. There's an aneurysm that could blow or clot and cause a stroke. Needs surgery now. Its risky. Endovascular approach is the best option.

Next scene is the operation. Steve is conscious but very sedated. He tells Dr. Smith riding without a helmet is a personal freedom. She/he says its illegal in this state, Steve says that's stupid, Dr. S says "says the man with the giant hole in his head". Steve says it affects no one but him, Dr. S says someone else has to clean it up. Steve slurs and slips out of consciousness. Monitors blare as his pulse races.

Peggy: Peggy is in the ER with her son Tommy, age 11. Dr. Carter is examining and says its likely his appendix, they will figure it out and introduces himself as Dr. Carter.  Peggy looks confused and says she knows, they met 2 years ago. Dr. Carter clearly doesn't remember. Lifts up Tommy's shirt to reveal an appendectomy scar as Peggy says "when you took out his appendix".

Next scene: Peggy lays into Dr. Carter with Dr. Jones standing behind. They left a portion of Tommy's appendix inside him. Dr. Carter says it must have been hidden, its no one's fault, it was a complication. They have an OR waiting. Peggy tells Dr. Carter he/she is not touching her

son. Ever.  He said he was fine yet left something inside him that could have killed him. Dr. Carter says he/she is only observing, Dr. Jones will do the surgery. Peggy begrudeningly agrees saying 'maybe she won't screw it up'.

The side says "he" for Dr. Carter so it could be Alex but I think its likely its Meredith, Bailey or Richard. Even though Tommy is 11 appendectomy surgery has always been done on the show by general surgeons. Of the interns Leah spent the most time in general and she's gone now.

I'll get the last one later but quickly - its either Callie or Derek with a person with a prosthetic leg with sensors. The leg ends up not working because of nerve damage. Derek has been doing the brain mapping/sensors but Callie was applying to prosthetics so my guess is its Callie. 

Edited by windsprints

Thank you for sharing the sides, windsprints.

I agree that it's Callie and Arizona arguing in the "Woman" side, though I think it's actually their marriage counselor (as opposed to lawyer or adoption agent). Amelia's probably on the motorcycle case as I anticipate Derek being in DC, and even if he isn't the show's bound do give Amelia some stuff to do to officially bring her into the fold. I hope the missing side is in fact related to Callie and her sensor-prosthetic work as I'd love to see that evolve more this season.

I agree, it could be a marriage counselor but I'm not sure. I thought adoption because of they were planning to add to their family.

Here's the Jeff side. In parts Dr. Jenkins is referred to as a he so it may be Derek but its hard to say. IIRC, Callie spoke of working to apply the sensors to prosthetics last season so I still think it could be her.

Jeff: Dr. Jenkins sits with Jeff Dickerson (30). Jeff is in a wheelchair and missing his leg above his kness. He says 'come on, you want to give me a robotic leg. Like the Terminator?' Dr. J says more like 6 Million Dollar Man though the prosthetic costs a bit more than that. Jeff says its cool but his price-point is more broomstick glued to a bucket. Dr. Jenkins explains that the hospital is willing to do it pro bono. Jeff is appreciative but he's been through 3 prosthetics and the pain was worse with each one. Dr. Jenkins tells him the leg should be pain free but that they'd still need to run test to make sure he's a candidate. All he has to do is show up. Jeff agrees, Dr. Jenkins is thrilled that Jeff's on board.

Lab, day - Jeff is on the exam table as Dr. J is attaching the electrodes. The need the nerves and muscles to interface with the sensors.  Jeff is holding the leg, its the coolest thing he's ever seen. Asks again if its free; yes.  Dr. J repositions the sensors. Jeff says he has friends who lost limbs and they're hiking and walking, they feel like their old selves. He had to get right with the idea of staying in the chair for the rest of his life. And now Dr. J is telling him he may walk again....asks if he can take a picture of it for his mom. Dr. Jenkins smiles and tells him to go for it, keep flexing. Dr. is looking at the monitor then repositions the sensor on his own forearm - the monitor bursts with activity. He puts it back to Jeff and tells him to flex a little harder. Dr. Jenkins' face is grim, Jeff notices and asks if everything is ok. Dr. Jenkins takes a deep breath then gives Jeff the bad news. His nerves are no longer communicating with the muscles. The sensors on the prosthesis can't feel the nerve impulses so the leg will not work. Jeff asks if it can be fixed, Dr. J explains its not the sensors. Jeff says its him, Dr Jenkins tells him he's not an eligible candidate for the prosthetic, he's sorry. Jeff is crushed. Dr. Jenkins watches helplessly as he deletes the picture from his phone.

• Love 1

They switch the genders up all the time in the sides. 

The fighting could also be Meredith and Derek, since they're going to be on the rocks probably. If we take the sides literally, well, they did have a dog together that died, so it's possible. Who knows. Sides tend to mix scenarios up all the time just for the sake of being confusing (or they get changed/omitted). They can be red herrings. 

It sounds like a lot of neuro/ortho in 11.3, though. Not surprising, since there was a casting call for people with missing limbs recently, so it's probably Callie unless Derek stays since I don't think he'll be working on her research in D.C. That's entirely separate. Also, he recommended Amelia to Callie, so perhaps Amelia will work with Callie on the sensors. 

Edited by darkxtwisty
  • Love 1
The fighting could also be Meredith and Derek, since they're going to be on the rocks probably. If we take the sides literally, well, they did have a dog together that died, so it's possible. Who knows. Sides tend to mix scenarios up all the time just for the sake of being confusing (or they get changed/omitted). They can be red herrings.

My money is on Callie/Arizona. It follows up from 11x01 with the surrogate/adoption falling through. Them meeting with another agency/counselor/lawyer to pursue another avenue makes the most sense IMO. 

Thank you for sharing the sides, Windsprints. :)

You're welcome, its not a big deal.

• Love 1

@Windspirits - Maybe it's because I don't want it to be Calzona, but I think the pet adoption side is Jackson & April. Shonda had said they were still going to do the 'learning more about each other/exploring their differences' angle with them. Callie and Arizona know each other, for better or worse. ;) But seriously, I think they'd know the basics re: each other's backgrounds at this point.... that side read more like a couple in the 'still learning about each other' phase. 

I agree. Meredith is going to need a new BFF (even though no one can replace Cristina) and Callie and Derek work much better as friends.

While I understand that Mer needs a surrogate (for lack of better words) to Cristina, I'd rather see more Mer/Alex. They are the two last standing and I've alays loved their sibling-ish relationship. One of the things I regret from last season is that we didn't get enough Mer/Cris/Alex interactions.

But Amelia will need to be mixed to the characters in one way or another and indeed Meredith is the best suited to be this anchor.

• Love 1

I am really looking forward to his scenes with Meredith. I just hope that the writers don't take the angle of "Alex will never be her person, so let's force a friendship with one of her new sisters."

While Alex can never replace Cristina I have always thought that their friendship was as deep and healthier than the one with Cris. I don't want it to get shoved to the side to make room for some kind of insta-family.

Edited by Deanie87
  • Love 1

Summary of 11x04 sides.

Nadia - She’s 10-years-old and is writhing in pain on the bench outside of Grey Sloan. A crowd has formed. Dr. Hall parts the crowd to check her out. Nadia is in a lot of pain. Dr. Hall takes her into the hospital and examines her. Nadia tells her that she’s 10 and that her stomach has been hurting for a long time. Dr. Hall explains that Nadia needs to be prepped for surgery.

Ana - (Described as the woman with the little girl) - Is in the waiting room. Dr. Smith comes out and tells her that Nadia is okay and that Child Protective Services has been called. Dr. Smith realizes that Ana is actually Nadia’s mother. Dr. Smith asks her when Nadia got sick and tells her that she’s coming to talk to the police. Ana is terrified. Her ex cannot know that they are there. He’ll find us…Dr. Smith says that that’s no reason to abandon your kid. Ana tells Dr. Smith that it’s happened before. He finds them and then he beats them. She was terrified to even bring her daughter to the hospital. What’s the life of one of her children versus all of her children? If he’s drunk enough he’ll kill them all.

The next scene, Nadia is post-op and Dr. Smith comes to speak with her. He has two official looking people with him. He tells Nadia that they’re lawyers and that they’re going to help her. They’re going to make sure that her ex-husband can’t hurt her or her children ever again. But Ana needs to bring Nadia to the hospital for her treatments.

Roy Pepper - 65 - He’s in the OR/Cath lab being prepped for surgery. He tells the doctor that he really likes the mattress. Dr. Kelly asks Roy to wiggle his toys. He can’t do it. An intern pokes his foot with a needle and he doesn’t feel it. He says that he can’t feel his legs. Dr. Kelly tells him that it’s possible the blood to his spinal chord is inhibited, but that he’ll do everything he can to stop it now.

Dr. Martin Vance (60s), Chief of Surgery - Dr. Rogers knocks on his door. Dr. Vance has asked to see her because her new approach (The Rogers Approach, she interjects) has been placed on the short list for the New England Journal of Medicine. She’s thrilled. He tells her that no resident has published as sole author before. She’ll have her pick of fellowships. The board would like to see her…

ND Doctor - Hospital ER Entrance at night - Two paramedics carry a male patient, blood seeping through bandages wrapped around his head as a little boy follows. The Doctor intercepts the little boy and tells him that he’s very resourceful and might have saved his dad’s life.

Thank you stefandlenaadamsfoster (tumblr) for sharing the summary of the 11x04 sides.

Edited by PatrickSwi

Two more sides came out - Tara and Greg:

Tara/Greg - Tara's patient room. Tara's lover and coworker Greg are with Tara and they are looking over a formal offer of employment from a Paris (later its NY) law firm as Dr. Smith draws blood. 

Greg tells her its great that they offered her the job, unbelievable.  Tara confidently says 'what's not to believe?' then says 'it's amazing'. Greg sees the responses Tara sent on her laptop. He's seems surprised she's asking for that much money and says its a little audacious. She says she is an audacious  person and that's why they want her. Greg says he's afraid she's going to ruffle some feathers. Tara tells him to stop being afraid. No one will give you anything, you need to take it, hold onto it and fight off anyone that tries to take it from you. Greg is stunned by her vehemence.

Tara asks him to come with her but Greg says he has his own projects here. She tells him they aren't as good without each other and they are meant to do this together. He knows that, doesn't he? Imagine them living in NY and practicing law. Greg, in agony, tells her she has a family, he has a family. Tara says to rip the bandage off and let the light in. They deserve to be happy. Greg realizes they do. He looks at Dr. Smith who is pretending not to listen. He sounds forceful and decisive, like a new man as he tells Tara they do. Tara says tonight, Greg says he'll tell his family tonight, she says she'll tell hers.They kiss. She says her heart is racing. There's a knock at the door. Jack says 'Hello? Tara?" Greg is stricken. Caught. Whispers, damn it, its Jack, God --

Tara tells him to stop panicking and to stand by the door. Greg is obscured as Dr. Smith opens it, there is Jack, their boss. He tells Tara he got a call from the NY firm. They are going to give her everything she asked for. She's elated. Jack tells her that the partners would like to talk to her tomorrow to go over details. Tara silently looks at Greg, he feigns excitement but as she turns to Jack is face is falling.

Lobby, Day - Tara is pacing until she sees Greg walking towards her. He's hard to read. Tara tells him she did it, they are free! Greg says he couldn't. Tara cannot believe this, says he promised. Greg tells her she has a husband and he made a vow. Tara tells him that he made a promise to her and he has to do it. He says he can't, he won't, he's sorry. He can't do it to his wife and kids. Tara says its what they agreed upon but he says he can't. She says he can't leave her, he turns and walks away. She desperately calls after him but he keeps walking. Tara tries to compose herself and starts repeating "I have to go home". Tara is reeling as she heads off.

What´s ND doctor,please?

I don't know if there's any real definition but in the sides its always been a generic doctor so I thought it mean non-descript.

Edited by windsprints
The Tara/Greg lobby scene reminds me of the Ellis/Richard merry-go-round scene.

You might be onto something. It also reminded me vaguely of what Meredith and Derek are going through right now (aside from the fact that they're married and there's not a third party involved), though Meredith did say she'd go to D.C. with Derek and then went back on her decision. Though, there have been parallels between the Meredith/Derek and Ellis/Richard storyline throughout the entire series. Meredith and Derek are basically what Ellis wanted her and Richard to become. 

She tells him they aren't as good without each other and they are meant to do this together.

"We can be extraordinary together rather than ordinary apart." 

Edited by darkxtwisty
  • Love 1

I agree, it does remind of the Ellis/Richard scenario. I don't think its for MerDer though. I think its a light bulb moment for Maggie. Perhaps she finds out why Ellis left Seattle/Richard is her father around this time. Seeing these people going through it and seeing how it can just end could help her see what Ellis was feeling when she left Seattle.

• Love 1

I agree, it does remind of the Ellis/Richard scenario. I don't think its for MerDer though. I think its a light bulb moment for Maggie. Perhaps she finds out why Ellis left Seattle/Richard is her father around this time. Seeing these people going through it and seeing how it can just end could help her see what Ellis was feeling when she left Seattle.

Oh,  Windsprints, you are too good, hard to beat, the way you are able to read the sides, hats off!

Sides for 11x05 - Grey's Anatomy

Barista – Dr. Jenkins stares down the barista and wants to know why they don’t have extra-large coffee cups. She explains that they’ve always only had three sizes. Dr. Jenkins asks her if she knows who he is. She doesn’t and explains that she’s new. Dr. Jenkins reluctantly takes a large.

Emily – Dr. Willis examines Emily’s arm, which still has a fresh burn on it that he treated a few days ago. She’s hysterical because he said that the pain would stop. He corrects her and says that he didn’t say it would stop, but that it would be more manageable. Emily tells him that she can’t do it. She can’t eat or sleep. She gets these little shocks two or three times a minute. She’s a chef. How is she ever going to cook again? Dr. Willis apologizes. He’s run every test and isn’t sure what he can do. Emily demands that he do something. She can’t live like this. If she’d known…In the next scene, it’s post-op and Emily is sobbing. Dr. Willis runs in and tells Emily to hold her hand, take a deep breath and tell him how bad the pain is. But Emily is crying because she’s happy. The pain is finally gone. Emily tells him that when her car hit that tree she was almost happy because that meant that the pain would finally stop. She wanted to stop hurting and crying all the time. And now? She’s still crying because she’s happy. Emily thanks Dr. Willis.

Graham – He’s a resident. He walks through Amanda, a neurological patient with an intracranial aneurysm. She’s nervous but he tells her not to be, that Dr. Kelly has made them the go-to hospital for neurological intervention, and the only doctor on the west coast performing this procedure. In fact, Dr. Kelly is why Graham is there, to learn from him. Dr. Rogers pops up and says that he’d be happy to assist. But Dr. Kelly explains that Graham is assisting on this one, that Dr. Rogers needs to watch his hands and be ready for the next one. Dr. Graham says that the only thing his hands will be doing is attempting to emulate Dr. Kelly’s. Dr. Kelly stops him and tells him one more word and they’ll head straight to plastics in order to surgical remove Dr. Graham’s lips from his ass. In the next scene, Dr. Rogers enters the skills lab to find Dr. Graham practicing on one of the models she brought from home. She then says isn’t Dr. Graham assisting HER on the next procedure? He says right, isn’t that what was supposed to happen last time, but you weren’t ready? He’s a former boy scout. Always be prepared.

Jaclyn - Dr. Driscoll is with Jaclyn, who’s pregnant and ready to give birth. She sent away Jaclyn’s husband because the last time he fainted when Dr. Driscoll mentioned needles. Dr. Driscoll explains that after delivery they’ll be performing surgery on the baby. Jaclyn is nervous. Dr. Driscoll explains that they are the go-to hospital for pediatric cardiac intervention. She’s in good hands.

Kate and Pete Franklin – Parents of Logan, a one-day old infant, who’s in an isolette, covered in tubes. Dr. Barrett explains that he’s suffering from esophageal atresia. Pete wants to know when they are going to fix it, because Logan can’t eat normally until it happens. And he’s so tiny. Dr. Barrett explains that she can still operate but it’s complicated. For the surgery to work, Logan needs to be extremely still – they’ll have to put him in a medically induced coma.  Pete turns to Dr. Vara and asks her why she isn’t doing the surgery. She explains that she’ll oversee the procedure, but she trained Dr. Barrett and Dr. Barrett is awesome. Later, Dr. Barrett is explaining that there was a minor complication with the procedure. Logan has been in a coma for weeks now and they are going to have to start over. It sounds like Dr. Barnett has made Logan worse. Dr. Barrett tries to apologize but Pete turns on Dr. Vara and tells her that she’s the one who should be apologizing. She’s the one who said that Dr. Barrett was “awesome.” Forgive Pete for not sharing that opinion.  Next scene, Dr. Barrett explains that the surgery was a success. In a few hours they’ll extubate Logan and they’ll be able to hold him. Kate and Pete are grateful and go to hug Dr. Barrett.

Laurie – Dr. Hall stands with Forrest’s wife, Laurie (30s). Through the window we can see Forrest, with an external fixation device on his hip. Dr. Hall explains that she removed the tumor and a decent infection had sent in, so they placed several antibiotic beads. So right now he has no hip and can’t get out of bed. Laurie’s upset, Dr. Hall said that she did this procedure all of the time. Dr. Hall feels terrible but explains that the important thing is they got the tumor and caught it in time.  Laurie wants to be with her husband.

ND Mom – It’s chaos in the delivery room. Dr. Martin lifts the baby out of the abdomen. Mom asks if she’s okay and Dr. Martin says that she’s beautiful.

Susan – In the trauma room, Dr. Farley examines Susan, a pregnant car accident victim who is 26 weeks along. Dr. Farley conducts an ultra sound and tells her that they’ll make sure everything’s okay.

Thank you calzonafan2014 (tumblr) for sharing the sides.

Edited by PatrickSwi

Lots of babies. Now I'm wondering if Geena's character is an OB-GYN. 

Definitely a Neuro case involving both Derek and Amelia. 

Dr. Kelly has made them the go-to hospital for neurological intervention, and the only doctor on the west coast performing this procedure.

Seems to describe Derek, not Amelia. Amelia's great, but it's Derek who was the main Neuro attraction at GSMH. 

Dr. Kelly stops him and tells him one more word and they’ll head straight to plastics in order to surgical remove Dr. Graham’s lips from his ass.

Yet that doesn't sound like Derek, IMO. It sounds like something Amelia would say. 

Edited by darkxtwisty
  • Love 1

Thanks for posting PatrickSwi (and thanks for typing all that up calzonafan2014!)

I'm thinking that Dr. Willis might be Jackson because burns are often treated by plastic surgeons (see the S3 patient who Mark treated after the pt. lit a cigarette while using oxygen and severly burned his face).

Agree, Jackson was my thought as well. I think Laurie could be Callie's patient. Kate/Pete/Logan could be Alex and Arizona's patient. Whoever it is, I'm curious why Dr. Vara isn't doing the surgery herself.

Not sure who Dr. Kelley is but Graham saying Dr. Kelley wasn't ready for the surgery before so whoever it is may be struggling.

• Love 1
When to Watch: Thursday, Sept. 25 at 8 p.m.

What to Expect: Filling in the huge, gaping void Sandra Oh left when she departed Shonda Rhimes' long-running medical drama at the end of last season is Oscar winner Geena Davis, who booked a major guest arc on the upcoming 11th season as a new Grey-Sloan Memorial surgeon. Plus, Rhimes has revealed that we can expect this season to be all about Meredith and how she's coping with losing her person, potentially losing her husband and discovering yet another half-sister who shows up to work at Grey-Sloan Memorial. Thankfully Alex steps in to be her new person...but Jo won't be too happy about her beau's close friendship with Mere.

http://uk.eonline.com/photos/13351/2014-fall-tv-spoiler-rama/407610

That's a nice description! I really hope Rhimes commits to the heavy focus on Meredith because I think there's some potentially great stuff in there for Pompeo to work with. I'm going to miss the hell out of Cristina/Oh, who was definitely my favourite character on the show, and the most consistently good actor on the show by a wide margin. However, I think the career/marriage troubles and losing Cristina could be interesting for Meredith, and Meredith and Alex have always had a fun dynamic and the show should really exploit that now that they're the only original interns still around.

Y'know, I'm actually going to miss Leah Murphy too. I didn't take much notice of her in season nine, because all my intern love was being taken up by Heather/Mousey, but Leah's particular brand of crazy entertained the hell out of me in season ten. I'm still a little sad we didn't get to see her full on snap, but I genuinely thought the show did some fun things with her;  I liked her sliding scale comment regarding her sexuality, and I really liked the understated way that she was written out of the show in the finale. I just can't see Jo or Stephanie holding my interest in the same way. I don't particularly dislike either of those characters but I kind of zone out if they aren't on screen with another of the more established characters on the show. Jo potentially having problems with Meredith and Alex being closer with Cristina gone probably isn't going to endear her to me much, either.

I'm actually pretty excited for this season to start out of sheer curiosity. How are they going to continue without Sandra Oh/Cristina Yang? Should be interesting to see what they do with Meredith and her new sister. I actually loved Meredith's initial hostility when she found out about Lexie. I loved their relationship and felt a little disappointed when they pretty much put it on the backburner after season four. Presumably Meredith will be a little more welcoming this time, but the whole thing could end up being a retread (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, Teddy/Henry was basically Izzie/Denny 2.0, but it worked for me).

Jo potentially having problems with Meredith and Alex being closer with Cristina gone probably isn't going to endear her to me much, either

I don't know, Jo has grown on me especially given how supportive and caring she is towards Alex. I think if written correctly it could make for a good storyline, possibly funny as well as Alex tries to juggle them both.

I can't understand why Stpehanie is still there or what she'll do this season. While the actress is actually pretty good, the character is as bland as they come. They should have given the half sister storyline to her if they were going to do it at all. At least we kind of know her and she's been around a while. I'd have bought they'd actually been planning the storyline had they done it that way. Instead we have another random character inserted to the fold of an overcrowded cast.

• Love 1

I think if written correctly it could make for a good storyline, possibly funny as well as Alex tries to juggle them both.

Yeah, I really think that they are going to go the comedy route rather than Jo actually being jealous or resentful. Similar to Derek's annoyance at Cristina's always hanging out. It sounds like Meredith will be coming to Alex with "girl talk," and him not quite being comfortable with it. Im really looking forward to it and I hope they don't portray Jo as some kind of insecure, jealous harpy because she has never been that way before.

You know what I'd like to see?  Meredith growing up and being her own damn person.  Or, if she's incapable of standing on her own (emotional) two feet, turning to her husband.

(Even though I mostly think Derek is a jerk, she chose him, so...)

It sounds like Meredith will be coming to Alex with "girl talk," and him not quite being comfortable with it. Im really looking forward to it and I hope they don't portray Jo as some kind of insecure, jealous harpy because she has never been that way before.

Exactly, I appreciate Alex/Jo together because asides from Alex coming on too heavily at times they mostly seem to have a mature relationship. Her suddenly getting jealous over Meredith of all people just wouldn't ring true.

So what's everyones storyline so far in season 11?

Meredith: Derek/loss of Cristina angst/another sister angst

Derek: Meredith angst

Alex: Meredith/Jo juggling

Owen: Missing Cristina

Richard: Long lost daughter

Callie: Baby drama

Arizona: Baby drama

Jackson: April/Baby drama

April: Jackson/Baby drama

Jo: Alex/Meredith drama

Stephanie: ??

Amelia: ??

I think Amelia will get some brother/career drama, especially if Derek ultimately remains in/returns to Seattle. She agreed to take over his practice and could find herself very much in her older brother's shadow, in a new city and having recently broken up with her financee/boyfriend. Not to mention she *is* in recovery and could find herself struggling with it.

via TVLine:

The matter of Derek and Meredith's seemingly at-odds career paths will continue to intensify. "Derek is not wrong for wanting what he wants, and Meredith is not wrong for wanting what she wants," explains series creator Shonda Rhimes. "It doesn't make him a misogynist because he wants to follow his career. And it doesn't make her wrong for wanting to stick to her guns and fight for what she wants to do. It puts them in a difficult position." Between the marital woes, the "very interesting" complications triggered by the reveal of her surprise half-sister Maggie and the recent loss of her "person" Cristina, Mer will be on the prowl for a new shoulder to lean on. Enter Alex. "They've always had a very close relationship that didn't need a lot of work because they had a million other people there," she notes. "Now it's just the two of them; they become closer out of necessity." Callie and Arizona's foray into surrogacy "brings up some issues," while April and Jackson brace for their own new arrival later in the season — although how much later remains in flux, in light of Sarah Drew's real-life pregnancy. "[sarah] is more pregnant than April, so we have some math we're trying to figure out," shares Rhimes. "But we are not accelerating [April's pregnancy]. We already have the first part of our season planned, and nobody's giving birth in the first nine episodes."
BONUS SPOILER | Rumor has it sparks will indeed fly between Owen and Amelia (newly-minted series regular Caterina Scorsone).