Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, funnygirl said:

If this turns out to be the case, tptb are doing way too much with one character. Like it's not enough that she was homeless/lived in her car and then was in an abusive relationship. 

Maybe but when the character in question has had literally zero to do all season I’ll take it. 

I assume incest or rape by a stepfather/family friend also from the viewer discretion warning.

Camilla had teased to enjoy the Jolex honeymoon period so I think this will trigger dark times for them leading into the finale.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Maybe but when the character in question has had literally zero to do all season I’ll take it. 

I assume incest or rape by a stepfather/family friend also from the viewer discretion warning.

Camilla had teased to enjoy the Jolex honeymoon period so I think this will trigger dark times for them leading into the finale.

Yeah, this also starts trading to: "How much crap can you do to a character, even on a show like this?" Even with all the "classic" stories on series such as: Dallas, Falcon Crest, ER, Lost, ect. There was a point where the writers and producers went: "Yeah, I think we've gone too far." I'm feeling this now. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, readster said:

Yeah, this also starts trading to: "How much crap can you do to a character, even on a show like this?" Even with all the "classic" stories on series such as: Dallas, Falcon Crest, ER, Lost, ect. There was a point where the writers and producers went: "Yeah, I think we've gone too far." I'm feeling this now. 

I agree with the statement in regards to the show in general but not so much in regards to the character. I agree they’ve well overdone the backstory and if she was given as much screen time as Maggie/Amelia/Meredith I’d be like ok enough.. but she has had zero to do all season. Literally no storyline so if her backstory has to get even more absurd for her to get some screen time I’m all for it. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chas411 said:

Literally no storyline so if her backstory has to get even more absurd for her to get some screen time I’m all for it. 

That's actually what I'm getting at. They have to keep going so far with Jo just to give her screen time. They throw out whatever the hell story they want to with Maggie, even if it's 5 years too late and she adds NOTHING to the show. Jo and Alex who should have more or have had ZERO stories. They just go: "Oh hey, remember Alex's mom?" "Let's do something with her, forget his brother or his sister we have NEVER seen." Or with Jo, it's: "Well, we have just had her around collecting a paycheck." "Hey, let's reveal her origins was even more FU than she had to deal with: adoption, homelessness, abuse, lying." "It'll be story telling gold!"

• Love 1

Virtually every character on this show has an outrageous background. And, on top of that, think of all the things that have gone on during the series. Meredith is perhaps the most storied lead character of all time: her mother resented her and had an affair, her father left, her mother attempted suicide in front of her, she became an intern at the same hospital where her one-night stand AND her mother's ex-lover (who she also had a secret lovechild with!) happened to work, her one-night-stand became her boyfriend who she later discovered was married, she was nearly killed by a bomb explosion, she drowned and went to purgatory during a ferry boat accident at the same time that her mother died, her friend (who she had slept with) was dragged by a bus and killed, her other friend got cancer and then left town, she discovered that she had sisters VIA her father, one of whom showed up to work with her, they finally got close just before a horrific plane crash killed that sister, as well as Meredith's husband's best friend, and injured everyone else (Meredith included), AND OH I forgot the shooting, where she watched her husband get shot in the chest and later had a miscarriage. IS IT OVER YET!? Nope. Her husband died in a car accident, she was brutalized by a patient and hospitalized for weeks, her absentee father died in her arms, and now she has perhaps the worst punishment of all: having to listen to Maggie talk about sex a lot.

• LOL 12
  • Love 7

Stuff like that just makes me laugh (to keep from raging) reading Kristas comments on why she chose to write out april cause...cause april had already been through so much she couldn’t IMAGINE what else she could do...ish please. 

Edited by moonorchid
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

Add me to the list of people who thinks that Jo is the product of rape. If that is it I hope its left at that, no reason for her to then go looking for her father.

I forgot the shooting, where she watched her husband get shot in the chest and later had a miscarriage.

while watching her best friend operate on her husband with his gunman holding a gun to her friend's head.

Also, her stepmother died of hiccups & her father blamed her then hit her, she donated her liver, her husband moved to DC & her best friend left . Oh, and her dog died. I'm pretty sure there's more. That is why I disagree that Jo getting a dramatic story about her bio mother is too much on a character. So many of the characters have a lot on them.

They don't appear interested in giving Jo or Alex storyline other than a dramatic episode or two so I'll take it. Alex's mother should have been a much bigger story & she smelled fire & knitted a hat for Bailey so we'll have to see how this even turns out.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, BaseOps said:

Virtually every character on this show has an outrageous background. And, on top of that, think of all the things that have gone on during the series. Meredith is perhaps the most storied lead character of all time: her mother resented her and had an affair, her father left, her mother attempted suicide in front of her, she became an intern at the same hospital where her one-night stand AND her mother's ex-lover (who she also had a secret lovechild with!) happened to work, her one-night-stand became her boyfriend who she later discovered was married, she was nearly killed by a bomb explosion, she drowned and went to purgatory during a ferry boat accident at the same time that her mother died, her friend (who she had slept with) was dragged by a bus and killed, her other friend got cancer and then left town, she discovered that she had sisters VIA her father, one of whom showed up to work with her, they finally got close just before a horrific plane crash killed that sister, as well as Meredith's husband's best friend, and injured everyone else (Meredith included), AND OH I forgot the shooting, where she watched her husband get shot in the chest and later had a miscarriage. IS IT OVER YET!? Nope. Her husband died in a car accident, she was brutalized by a patient and hospitalized for weeks, her absentee father died in her arms, and now she has perhaps the worst punishment of all: having to listen to Maggie talk about sex a lot.

Fair enough, but the difference is, the vast majority of those things happened to Meredith during the show. It's been on for 15 seasons, of course the ludicrous things started piling up. But with Jo almost all those things were there before. And for a long time the writers kept piling on without ever exploring any of it. And some things were added that downright contradicted things that were established before. Like the entire abusive husband story. It just made no sense at all and was so unnecessary. It did nothing for me. I am more interested in the mom story, but I'm also sure it is already overhyped and it feels like it's all about the shock value.

Edited by GSMHvisitor
  • Love 4

I don't mind an episode or arc about Jo seeking out her birth mother. My issue is that that should be enough to tell a nuanced story without having to resort to ::insert horrible thing here:: to pile onto her already heavy past for extra dramatic effect. It tells me that the writers are losing juice and are reaching for any topical issue to pontificate about. 

As it is, these surgeons are barely surgeons anymore. For instance, we're rushed through and told that Meredith broke the longest surgical record without regard to the case itself (which is why Isaac's tumor in season 6 is still top notch vs. Deloser being her cheerleader in the OR of a surgery for a patient that never even got face-time). Meredith and Maggie are doing random research, the patient-doctor-surgical scenes all feel disconnected. It's nice to flesh out a character's backstory, but how's Dr. Jo Wilson Karev doing in her fellowship? The old show/writers used to know how to balance and weave in the personal with the professional. 

2 hours ago, GSMHvisitor said:

but the difference is, the vast majority of those things happened to Meredith during the show. It's been on for 15 seasons, of course the ludicrous things started piling up. 

This. 

• Love 9
17 hours ago, GSMHvisitor said:

Fair enough, but the difference is, the vast majority of those things happened to Meredith during the show. It's been on for 15 seasons, of course the ludicrous things started piling up. But with Jo almost all those things were there before. And for a long time the writers kept piling on without ever exploring any of it. And some things were added that downright contradicted things that were established before. Like the entire abusive husband story. It just made no sense at all and was so unnecessary. It did nothing for me. I am more interested in the mom story, but I'm also sure it is already overhyped and it feels like it's all about the shock value.

Right and that's where a lot of us are making the point. The show is called: Grey's Anatomy for a reason. We expect all this crap to happen to Meredith. As for Jo, yes it was one thing on another then they added in that Linc saw and knew about her abuse from her ex-husband. While Alex constant reaction is: "Kick their ass." It basically put Linc in the same situation which was: "Well, he was a top doctor and Jo didn't want me to do anything." Yeah, some friend. However, was it needed? No. Could Linc have known Jo and was all: "Hey how are you?" Yes, that would have been fine. However, it was just one more added on to: "Homelessness, abuse, changing name and yet no one knowing who or where she was. Her crap about why she stayed married when her ex not only tracked her down, but was more than happy to end the marriage. They kept putting that Jo had "when it rains it pours" on her even when it contradicted other things. Now, here we are going to get not only that Jo's mother doesn't want to see her, but the fact that her mother was a victim or rape. Or they could really go out of left field and have it where Jo had a twin that died and her mom was so emotional over it and she gave Jo up and her birth mother's family NEVER knew about her being pregnant. 

• Love 1

So either they listed the wrong sister in the synopsis, or we're getting two Shepherd sisters appearing in the Amelia-centric episode. Nancy is played by Embeth Davidtz and appeared in season 3. 

"Good Shepherd" - Amelia and Link travel to New York to operate on a patient with a severe spinal deformity, but they're in for more than they bargained for when Nancy Shepherd invites them to dinner at her home.

• Love 1

The fact that they seem to be getting serious with Linc/Amelia and making them rootsble makes me think (hope) that Owen will leave with Teddy st the end of the season. I know we haven’t heard that either are leaving but I legit can’t see where they can go from here. They’ve been dragging out his characters stay for seasons now and while I don’t think he deserves either woman as he’s an asshole I just want him gone so will take it however it happens.

• Love 2

I just wish they hadn’t bothered with the Betty story full stop. The actress playing Betty was awful. I suppose it helped me like Amelia which I wouldn’t have seen possible this time last year but I think there was enough material there with just Leo and Owen there for that anyway.

• Love 6

The S15.E19 title, "Silent All These Years," does suggest that Jo was conceived by rape, and that her sire was her mother's classmate or a trusted adult: a teacher, doctor, coach, or family friend. And that this -- along with his stature, now or then -- is why her mother never sought out Jo.

I realize that this reiterates the Harper Avery story from last year. That wouldn't surprise me, since the Me Too movement has since also illuminated abuse outside of the workplace.

• Love 3

One thing I'm glad about with Krista is that she doesn't seem to be stuck on the idea of every couple being 'MFEO'. Amelia and Linc are a breath of fresh air - the endless back-and-forth with Owen grew tedious seasons ago, and now that Amelia is a more enjoyable character post-tumor, it's nice to have her in a relationship that isn't so dire all the time. That said, I have no clue what the plan for Owen could be at this point. I really don't want him to reunite with Teddy - her tell-off of him last season in Germany solidified exactly why they're better as friends than as lovers. Teddy has always loved him and he has already treated her as second-fiddle.  

• Love 3

Confirmed for the Amelia-centric episode: Embeth Davidtz as Nancy Shepherd, Amy Acker as Kathleen Shepherd and Tyne Daly as Carolyn Shepherd. 

Nice to see they got Mama Shepherd back. That should be interesting after they all skipped Amelia's wedding. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

Well that won't end well.....

I think it will... They said that Amelia will have deep healing. She probably will reconcile with her family and with a help of mother and sisters will understand that she's in love with owen or linc. I hope it will be linc but i have this sick feeling that i'm wrong... 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, askasza said:

I think it will... They said that Amelia will have deep healing. She probably will reconcile with her family and with a help of mother and sisters will understand that she's in love with owen or linc. I hope it will be linc but i have this sick feeling that i'm wrong... 

Given that Linc is the only regular character featured in Amelia's episode, it seems like the PTB really do want to at least explore them as a couple and give them a shot. Otherwise, there'd be no real reason for this diversion. That doesn't mean they're endgame, but the response has been overwhelmingly positive based on social media / comment sections - certainly more so than the reaction to Jackson/Maggie, for example. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, askasza said:

You think she'll tell them about the baby she lost? Even Maggie and Meredith don't know about Christopher. 

• Love 2

Camilla spoke to Cosmo about how the encounter with her mom will alter Jo: 

How will having these answers change Jo going forward? This changes her drastically. What viewers will witness is how this encounter completely takes over her life. We have yet to see Jo react to anything in this way before. It’s devastating and raw.

Do you think she will ever tell Alex what happened? I would like for her to tell Alex. I’m not sure she can avoid telling him forever, but that’s a very very painful thing to disclose to someone. I don’t think she’s fully processed it herself yet. I think even saying the truth out loud to him would break her right now.

Jo and Alex talking about starting a family someday was actually why Jo looked for her mom... Will this change the game for "Jolex"? I think it will derail a lot. You will see the ripple effect through the rest of the season. “Jolex” has been unshakable all season, but this does end up shaking them.

What can you tease about the rest of Jo's story this season? I’m not sure if “look forward” is the right way to describe viewing what’s to come. You’ll see a person slowly lose sense of themselves. You’ll watch a person implode.

11 hours ago, BaseOps said:

Camilla spoke to Cosmo about how the encounter with her mom will alter Jo: 

How will having these answers change Jo going forward? This changes her drastically. What viewers will witness is how this encounter completely takes over her life. We have yet to see Jo react to anything in this way before. It’s devastating and raw.

Do you think she will ever tell Alex what happened? I would like for her to tell Alex. I’m not sure she can avoid telling him forever, but that’s a very very painful thing to disclose to someone. I don’t think she’s fully processed it herself yet. I think even saying the truth out loud to him would break her right now.

Jo and Alex talking about starting a family someday was actually why Jo looked for her mom... Will this change the game for "Jolex"? I think it will derail a lot. You will see the ripple effect through the rest of the season. “Jolex” has been unshakable all season, but this does end up shaking them.

What can you tease about the rest of Jo's story this season? I’m not sure if “look forward” is the right way to describe viewing what’s to come. You’ll see a person slowly lose sense of themselves. You’ll watch a person implode.

Yes ,but Alex is her husband who had dealt with a lot of crap himself. He had an abusive husband and a scizo mother and brother. Yes, his father never raped his mother or anything, but the show falls into the same trap as any other show. No one TALKS to anyone. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, readster said:

Yes ,but Alex is her husband who had dealt with a lot of crap himself. He had an abusive husband and a scizo mother and brother. Yes, his father never raped his mother or anything, but the show falls into the same trap as any other show. No one TALKS to anyone. 

In the case of trauma like this, it's actually common to shut your loved ones or spouse out. Grey's had a bad habit for years of not having characters just talk about their issues, but here it makes sense. Jo has been internalizing a lot of stuff for many years and clearly never properly dealt with her trauma. Between finally meeting her mother, discovering she is the product of rape, revealing her abortion, and then dealing with a patient like Abby who was brutalized and raped, it isn't surprising to me that Jo would be dealing with depressing and shutting people out. In her post-episode interview, Krista was very clear that Jo will be dealing with depression throughout the rest of the season. 

Alternatively, Krista also said that the Amelia-centric episode is completely different tone-wise and called it a romantic comedy. So it seems Linc & Amelia are a go. 

• Love 2
On 3/26/2019 at 8:17 AM, askasza said:

with a help of mother and sisters will understand that she's in love with owen or linc. I hope it will be linc but i have this sick feeling that i'm wrong... 

I have no beef at all with Amelia getting to explore things with Linc and I'm all for anybody getting tossed out of Owen's caravan of judgemental misery.   However, if she' decides she's "in love" with Linc I'll roll my eyes so far it might cause permanent blindness because like I mean they've had a couple of nice moments.   

• Love 3

15x22 - Head Over High Heels - Meredith debates how to handle an unexpected situation in her personal life; Richard has an untimely reunion with an old friend; Jo has a hard time at work; Owen tries therapy.

4 hours ago, BaseOps said:

15x22 - Head Over High Heels - Meredith debates how to handle an unexpected situation in her personal life; Richard has an untimely reunion with an old friend; Jo has a hard time at work; Owen tries therapy.

Honestly, how many unexpected situations in her personal life can Meredith have left? She's already gone through most of them.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Honestly, how many unexpected situations in her personal life can Meredith have left? She's already gone through most of them.

Ha, for real! We're left with male triplets that Meredith forgot Ellis had when she was 10 at this point. It can't be pregnancy so my guess is something related to Derek's sisters and/or mother since we know they will be making an appearance. There's been no mention of her staying in touch or keeping them in the kid's lives so I can see a repeat of her being stressed that Derek's mother may be coming. 

Owen tries therapy.

I wonder what the trigger to get him to go will be. All of them need therapy but any that actually go generally have been driven there by some event. I really hope its not the baby dying or something really tragic.

Richard has an untimely reunion with an old friend

I'm interested in this one.

I'm very interested in Jo but I think the last episode made it obvious Jo is going to have a hard time through the rest of the season so the description doesn't add much.

Edited by maasa

Interesting that Krista's original plan for Jo's birth mother was totally different and then Camilla pitched the idea that Jo was the product of rape. I wonder what Krista originally had in mind and how much it changed the course of the end of the season.

8 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Oh? Where does it say that.

Camilla and Krista mentioned it in several post-episode interviews. Basically, Krista had a story planned, that Camilla knew about, but then the Blasey Ford testimony happened and Camilla emailed Krista saying, 'What if Jo was the product of rape?'. Unbenknownst to her, also spurred by the Ford testimony, Krista had already approached the writers about doing a consent-themed episode. So it fell together. 

This is one of several interviews where Camilla discusses it. 

On 3/31/2019 at 4:37 PM, maasa said:

Ha, for real! We're left with male triplets that Meredith forgot Ellis had when she was 10 at this point. It can't be pregnancy so my guess is something related to Derek's sisters and/or mother since we know they will be making an appearance. There's been no mention of her staying in touch or keeping them in the kid's lives so I can see a repeat of her being stressed that Derek's mother may be coming. 

I hope it is something to do with MEREDITH having to deal with the She Shepherd's, not just Amelia. They all cannot be happy with her, even after all this time. They were not called to rush to their only brother/son's side. Amelia had to come to terms with that resentment, so should they. Plus, have they seen Derek's children? Like AT ALL? Mama Shep is their only living grandparent, now. 

• Love 5

I suspect that if Jo does run, she'll end up -- sooner, or later? -- at the home of Helen Karev.  (That would also explain Helen's baffling sojourn in Seattle this season: it was a future "previously..."). This would give Helen the chance to help Jo gain some perspective on a mother who couldn't be a mother to a child she loved. To Jo, Helen can be the mother that neither she nor Alex ever had. 

• Useful 2

May 2nd is another Station 19 crossover.

15x23 - “What I Did for Love” - Maggie treats one of Station 19’s own, and Jo learns a hard lesson. Meanwhile, when working with a family seeking asylum, Meredith makes a call that could jeopardize her career. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

15x23 - “What I Did for Love” - Maggie treats one of Station 19’s own, and Jo learns a hard lesson. Meanwhile, when working with a family seeking asylum, Meredith makes a call that could jeopardize her career. 

Another social justice issue front and center. At this point they're just bashing us over the head with them and don't even try to be subtle anymore.

And what have they done with Meredith? She's Supersurgeon, Superwoman and supposedly also Supermom, even though we never see the children. I miss when Meredith used to be flawed and relatable. It's great that she's such a good surgeon now, but why does she have to be a flawless and perfect one? She's winning awards, breaking records and apparently is beyond screwing up or even just making mistakes at this point. She's become overly confident in everything she does. The only thing that jeopardizes her career these days is being a good person who cares about asylum seekers. Sure. Great.

But maybe this is still better compared to what they did with her in s11-13. She was pretty unlikable duting those seasons, but it was never properly addressed and she got away with it.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, GSMHvisitor said:

Another social justice issue front and center. At this point they're just bashing us over the head with them and don't even try to be subtle anymore.

And what have they done with Meredith? She's Supersurgeon, Superwoman and supposedly also Supermom, even though we never see the children. I miss when Meredith used to be flawed and relatable. It's great that she's such a good surgeon now, but why does she have to be a flawless and perfect one? She's winning awards, breaking records and apparently is beyond screwing up or even just making mistakes at this point. She's become overly confident in everything she does. The only thing that jeopardizes her career these days is being a good person who cares about asylum seekers. Sure. Great.

But maybe this is still better compared to what they did with her in s11-13. She was pretty unlikable duting those seasons, but it was never properly addressed and she got away with it.

They've had undocumented patients seeking treatment before. Izzie dealt with one in season 1. It's not just a social justice issue, it's real life.

• Love 7

"Meredith makes a call that could jeopardize her career". LOL, no. Who are we kidding here? I was about to say that she could set the hospital on fire and it wouldn't jeopardize her career, and then I remembered that it... ACTUALLY happened on this show. And no, it didn't jeopardize that person's career. And neither did the tons of absolutely crazy decisions various characters (including Meredith herself) have made over the years. So, short of going on a random shooting spree and killing a bunch of people, nothing is going to ruin her career. And perhaps not even that. 

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, BaseOps said:

They've had undocumented patients seeking treatment before. Izzie dealt with one in season 1. It's not just a social justice issue, it's real life.

That case from s1 is actually a good example of how the storytelling used to be so much more subtle - and better IMO - when it comes to the pressing issues of our time. There was also a rape case in s1 that was so much more poignant to me than what they did 2 weeks ago. Grey's has always addressed social justice issues, the difference is they didn't hit us over the head with them like they do now. That approach and also the fact that they always make the doctors appear like superheroes/saviors just makes me not care.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, BaseOps said:

They still aren't going to get me to watch Station 19.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Given the awful ratings, it seems likely that Madam Secretary will be canceled this year. I wonder if Krista will be able to lure Sara Ramirez back for an episode or arc next year once she's out of work. I feel like it'd be tougher to get Jessica Capshaw back given how things ended, but I'd love to see Callie return even if it's just for one episode. Krista seems to love callbacks/bringing back old characters. Over the past two seasons, she's brought back Thatcher, Mama Shepherd, Nancy, Olive (Richard's sponsor), Nurse Olivia, Ellis (multiple times), Matthew, Teddy, etc. 

There’s some weird vibes from the situation between Ramirez and grey’s. Honestly what would they even do with her in this iteration of grey’s? Callie is such an iconic character for the show she would immediately take up a lot of space, it’s a lot like when Addison would make visits. 

• Love 1
On 3/23/2019 at 10:26 AM, BaseOps said:

^^^This is amazing! and why I love Meredith Grey so much. Poor darling IS a soap opera all by herself.

• Love 1
On 4/15/2019 at 5:46 PM, chitowngirl said:

“Good Shepard” was the episode to bring back Sara. It could have been her case and she called in Amy and Linc. 

I think it'd actually have been the worst episode to bring her back. She had no real relationship with Amelia and that episode was entirely focused on Amelia's arc. If they bring Callie back, it has to be either with a big Callie-focused story or have her interacting with Meredith, Alex, Richard, Bailey.

• Love 2

15x24 - Drawn To The Blood – Alex tries desperately to save his patient Gus while he waits for a severely agoraphobic blood donor to arrive from London. Jo reveals to Meredith why she’s been so down, while Catherine and Bailey hold a meeting to get down to the bottom of an insurance issue. Meanwhile, Maggie and Jackson go camping.

So... are we going to get a Maggie/Jackson in-the-woods crisis for the finale? They haven't done bear attacks yet. (Joking. Kind of.) 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, BaseOps said:

So... are we going to get a Maggie/Jackson in-the-woods crisis for the finale? They haven't done bear attacks yet. (Joking. Kind of.) 

Well, the finale title is called Jump Into The Fog so maybe Maggie and Jackson get attacked by fog? Oh, or maybe Jackson and Maggie fall off a cliff.

In all seriousness, the fact that there's no synopsis for the finale when other shows on the network had synopses put out weeks ago means that there's likely some Big Tragic Event taking place. I'm just not sure if it has to do with Maggie/Jackson. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

It's normal for us to have no press release for the finale yet. They usually stay two episodes ahead, and the PR for 15x23 just came out today. 

Caterina mentioned to TVLine that it's a "fall-down-and-explode" kind of episode (whatever that means?) but also that her storyline is funny and ridiculous and like a romantic comedy. She said there's tonally a lot of levity in the last one, like much of the season so far. I really have no clue what will go down, but I'd wager we'll get a cliffhanger at the end of 15x23. Teddy giving birth seems to be the only assurance. 

1 hour ago, BaseOps said:

It's normal for us to have no press release for the finale yet. They usually stay two episodes ahead, and the PR for 15x23 just came out today. 

This link has the synopsis for every other ABC finale in May The one for Grey's is generic, which does seem to point toward a possible cliffhanger in 15x24, hence the mystery until that episode airs (my guess). And I do agree that it probably has to do with Teddy. I mean, the title of the finale makes it seem like their biggest adversary is going to be Fog. But we already know that Teddy is giving birth in the finale. They really can't afford to drag her pregnancy out into season 16, after all. 

• Love 1