Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E23: Hollander's Woods

A death in the woods draws Castle back to a terrifying and defining event in his childhood. Investigation leads to obsession, as he attempts to unearth answers that have eluded him for decades, all while Beckett faces a crossroads of her own.
(edited)

Wow. That felt like a goodbye. A sad, somber goodbye. Not sure how I felt about that.

Also, time to rewatch that Seadon Six episode with the time traveller.

Yes, that did feel like a possible series finale, and I also agree about the tone of it. It was kind of heavy. I think I'd prefer an exit for the show that's a bit more lighthearted, as the lightness was actually what drew me in initially, so I'm glad that's not the end. On the other hand, I recognize that this was written and completed before they knew there would be more, and I appreciate that the episode brought a sense of closure just in case. 

Will have to rewatch the episode to digest everything, but I guess what stuck out the most to me were Espo and Ryan's doubts about Castle's story, and Castle's calling them out on it. Since the matter wasn't really resolved, I was pretty dubious about that whole "brother in arms" part of his speech.

Looking forward to news from tomorrow's Upfronts on what we can expect for S8. Definitely hoping Stana's status will clear up soon so that I can decide if Hollander's Woods will serve as the series finale for me after all.  

Edited by metaphor
  • Love 5

Felt like the end of the series, not the end of a season.

I completely agree. This really could've been a series finale. You can definitely tell they were plotting for an unknown future for the show. 

The swings scene was probably my favorite of the whole episode. Castle was looking at her really cute for the entire scene. And there was a sweet kiss that I enjoyed. 

The Montgomery reference was unexpected. And I'll never be on board with her going into politics. It feels too forced to me. And let's talk about the scene at 1PP. They attack her as an audition? For politics? Yeah, no. And wouldn't Gates do her review and not 1PP? Oh wait, that's necessary for ~plot reasons. Of course.

Again they have Beckett question him? Really? So old and overdone. Meh.

So where does this take us going forward? Hell if I know. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Add me to the list who thought this felt like a series finale. 

I have to say though I did like the Beckett speech. Purely because we got people calling her out on her actions for the past seven years before it and then she responded to all the allegations. Heh.

Edited by Nadine
  • Love 5

The Montgomery reference was unexpected. And I'll never be on board with her going into politics. It feels too forced to me. And let's talk about the scene at 1PP. They attack her as an audition? For politics? Yeah, no. And wouldn't Gates do her review and not 1PP? Oh wait, that's necessary for ~plot reasons. Of course.

So where does this take us going forward? Hell if I know. 

Agreed about politics; I've seen some well thought out arguments for it, but I'm not on board yet. That said, I thought Beckett's standing up for herself was a great moment, and one that was executed really well. I thought I could potentially see Senator Beckett in her stance and the set of her jaw. 

I will say Beckett's having to choose "soon" here makes me wonder how the next set of showrunners will deal with this storyline moving forward.

• Love 1

Yeah, I can barely handle the notion of her becoming captain, since the show would lose most of what makes it great if she was stuck in an office all the time.  Running for political office would be even worse.  I'd sooner believe those goons from "The Party" were setting Beckett up for something -- maybe old cronies of Bracken seeking revenge -- than I would them being legit and getting permission to do something like that.  For a moment I thought they were going to tell her they were vetting her to become chief of police, but that's maybe even more ridiculous.

I'm kinda surprised they didn't throw a pregnancy announcement or Castle venturing into writing serious stuff at the end there.  They seemed to be going for the word of Joshua Gomez as far as Caskett;s future is concerned.

• Love 1

Not sure how they got there (no literally, the rest of the ep was WTF for me) but I loved the ending.   It was a bit lowkey for this show.   But it was heartfelt.   They did become a family.   The 12th precinct is as important to him as his bio family.

• Love 2
I completely agree. This really could've been a series finale. You can definitely tell they were plotting for an unknown future for the show.

And to go even further back, when they were planning the concept they had no idea if their stars would even be back so ... I can't fault them for that. I think it would have served as a series finale ... but I'm glad it wasn't.

A big fat NO as far as Beckett running for state senate. They tried to mess with the formula when Beckett went to DC. It didn't work. I'm fine with Captain, though. I felt bad when they ripped her apart at 1PP.

I think this was a nicely done episode if it had to serve as a series finale, but I think it leaves enough open to be able to come back in the fall for at least another season.

• Love 2

Well I will say if they don't manage to get Stana back for next season, I'll just treat this as the series finale.  

Not entirely sure what was up with the whole case this episode, but enjoyed the various character moments nonetheless.

• Love 2
(edited)

The episode had some good moments and it touched on a lot of things that still needed to be addressed..but the Hollander's woods s/l really felt like it should have been at least a two parter, considering how key it was to Castle..it felt too rushed and almost blown off. A two hour finale might have been a good idea. 

Aside from that I thought the ending was perfect, and would also have been perfect for a series finale. Happily, it wasn't. :)

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 2

Again they have Beckett question him? Really? So old and overdone. Meh.

I didn't mind, because I feel like she's not questioning him so much as she's questioning him in terms of what that means for the investigation. It's not like they can take the word of a man who saw something as kid 30 years ago and didn't even know what he saw then.

Besides, I like when Castle stands up for himself.

• Love 4

I like when Castle stands up for himself.

I was very happy he told her how much it hurts when she doubts him (despite any logical reasoning she has). I feel like that was long overdue from him. And she was right to apologize for not believing him. Felt like an honest, real moment and I appreciated it. 

• Love 9

I liked this, even if it was a bit more low key than their usual finales.

I knew the guys at 1PP were testing her based on all the interviews Marlowe gave about "opportunities," but I was still hoping it wouldn't be politics.  Ugh, really hoping that doesn't happen.  I did really like the talk on the swings about it though.  You could see Beckett was partially thinking she'd hate it, but also being a bit flattered by the whole thing.  Which I think is normal, but I hope they have her realize it's not for her.

The speech from Castle was sweet too, even though it was weird for him to be so kind about Ryan/Espo after they didn't believe him.  Maybe they apologized offscreen.  IRL he probably would have thanked his publisher/editor/etc, but I guess they thought we wouldn't know who he was talking about.

They gave themselves with an out for Beckett and the captain's exam.  They said she could be running her own precinct within a year.  That gives us another season of her as a Detective and have the change be for an actual series finale next year.  Or they could remember there are a few ranks between Detective and Captain and have her do that job for awhile.

• Love 1
(edited)

They gave themselves with an out for Beckett and the captain's exam.  They said she could be running her own precinct within a year.  That gives us another season of her as a Detective and have the change be for an actual series finale next year.  Or they could remember there are a few ranks between Detective and Captain and have her do that job for awhile.

I thought the same thing. Which makes me wonder what threads the new showrunners will go with in a season 8.

I felt like the captain's exam results was a rushed piece of info. I almost missed her telling Castle she had passed when she mentioned it. 

Edited by S55
(edited)

I really enjoyed it and it definitely felt like a season finale.  I agree that this case should have been a two-parter but it definitely worked quite well.  As soon as Lance Reddick showed up, I knew his role would be to "interrogate" Kate.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 2

I found the mystery suspenseful, and the acting of the regulars especially moving, enough so that I was able to shove aside all the recent argle-bargle about renewal and contracts and just get caught up in the episode, for which I'm thankful.

• Love 3

I was very happy he told her how much it hurts when she doubts him (despite any logical reasoning she has). I feel like that was long overdue from him. And she was right to apologize for not believing him. Felt like an honest, real moment and I appreciated it. 

I liked that moment too.  I think it makes sense that she would question whether Castle was sure about the voice, because I wouldn't believe someone who said they recognized a voice they heard once, 30 years ago.  But she was right to apologize when she saw he was upset, and I loved that she took the time to do research on the suspect to prove she was now believing him.

I also liked what Beckett said about them being them because of how the reacted to things and not because of people like whatever the killer's name was.

Beckett's hair reminded me of early season 3 tonight.  I think that's my favorite time period for her hair. 

• Love 7

I liked this, even if it was a bit more low key than their usual finales.

Low key is good. I like low key. Not everything has to be a Grey-Sloan-Shepherd-Duquette-O'Malley shocking surprise.

I liked it better than any season finale so far. Too bad they didn't think the show was ending every year.

Season 2 might still be my favorite because I thought it was nicely balanced, but this one might be second. I like when it's smaller and more intimate (meaning more character driven) and not necessarily about the -biggest case ever!!- or -high stakes everything-!!!

• Love 1

Maybe it's because I had a stressful day at work or because I've obsessing over TXF upfronts today or something...but I actually got kind of teary at the end with his speech. It did feel like an end to me and there was some gravitas to it - the whole cast and crew dressed up (And you can't miss the MilMar cameo when Connelly sits down), the team together, genuine looks of love and affection from Caskett, NF looking slim and handsome in his tux. It IS the end of an era. Though you know MilMar won't totally jump ship, change is coming and it has me nervous.

As others have said, if there is no Beckett or it's very Beckett-Lite this will be the end of the road for me. And goddamed, it makes me sad.

I really enjoyed the episode, thought there were very strong performances throughout, and liked the directing this episode as well. But why do I still feel sad?

• Love 3

I loved all of that -- the backstory mystery of why he became a writer (with a nod to the story he told Kate in season1(?)), everyone working together, the tie-in to the guy from the future who said that Kate ended up a senator (nice facial expression from SK when Kate remembered), how it fit either a series finale in case the show got cancelled, and an explanation for SK's absence if she doesn't re-sign.

Andrew Marlowe and Terri Miller can really pull it off when they need to.  No wonder this is still one of my "must see" shows after 7 seasons.

• Love 1

Definitely a step up from the last 2 finales, but I wonder if that barn was the same one from s6 finale. Still could do without blueish green tint and really needs more lights on indoors. Case seemed a bit rushed but at least we didn't have endless interrogation scenes in the box. LIke how did the killer able to get a replica of the license plate? I did kinda lol at Beckett's interrogation by 1PP people since going into political is still lulzy for person like Beckett. I rather she become captain of a precinct than be state senator. Have next season finale Beckett getting the captain position and Alexis graduating from undergrad.

Love some of the outfits and hair. Beckett basically has early s3 hair but a few shades lighter which is my fav look for her. Green looks great on Molly in those loft scenes and made her eyes look more green. Nice to see everyone dressed up and the last scene is something I've wanted if the series to end. It's full circle moment. Also the Castle/Alex moment was sweet too. Too bad they couldn't figure this out last season instead of her having another boyfriend. Also loved the swings scene. Goes with all important decisions seem to happen there. Plus I like Castle standing up for himself and Beckett backing him up when they go to the creepy barn.

Last finale it was Eddie, this season Jon, Seamus and Julianna had a pizza party and live tweeted at Nathan's house. Dude, Nathan how do you not know how to spell Beckett? I do hope someone got vid of Nathan falling on his ass when the swing broke. That'll be perfect for the blooper reel.

• Love 3
(edited)

I have no doubts that Stana will re-sign. And even if they decide to have her run for state senate I don't think they could explain her absence, if they were hoping that that was going to be an out if she didn't.

The more I think about this episode there are more moments I like. I like Castle confronting his personal boogey man alone, and I like that Beckett gives him her gun to do it. I really like the way it was shot, where there's a shot of Castle's hand and you can see his wedding ring and then when she looks at his hand after he reaches under the door and she knows it's him because she sees the ring. (Is that weird? It's the only thing I noticed.) I like Beckett throwing Castle's words back at him - whatever s/he decides s/he has his/her back. I like that this story, this case, didn't get drawn out into some giant, epic case.

The only thing that would have made this episode 100% for me was if, when Castle worried that this is what made him who he is and who shaped literally everything in his life and Beckett was reassuring him, she had flat out said she wasn't going to pursue a career in politics. She mentioned that they both "get justice for the victims" and all I could think was that would be a perfect spot to lead into a "and that's why I'm not accepting any bid for state senate" or something along those lines.

Oh, and Alexis. I feel like I was Alexis. I was good at being a student, but I was never super passionate about one thing. I totally get her uncertainty.

Beckett basically has early s3 hair but a few shades lighter which is my fav look for her.

I felt like it was more late-S2, which is the hair era that I loved.

I do hope someone got vid of Nathan falling on his ass when the swing broke. That'll be perfect for the blooper reel.

While I'm sure it's out there somewhere (they were filming, and I have no doubt fans had phone cameras), I highly doubt that it'll end up in a blooper reel. From what I remember, people thought it was a pretty serious fall and it stunned Nathan pretty badly (according to fan reports he laid there for awhile and people rushed over), so I don't think it'll end up on anything official. It seemed more like an omg, what just happened kind of fall instead of like a ha-ha kind of fall. If those videos were going to be posted they would have already.

Edited by McManda
Differentiated 're-sign' versus 'resign'.
  • Love 5
(edited)

So I've already had to unfollow Dara and her Jane the Virgin brown nose spam.

I really enjoyed the episode tonight. Lots of great moments and no unnecessary character assassination from MilMar. Especially liked the gun handoff under the door, Beckett(e) and Castle's mutual support of each other, and the swing scene.

ETA: also very glad that, despite any rumors of NF and SK's relationship, it's not so bad they have to CGI their scenes like The Good Wife last night.

Edited by FlickerToAFlame
  • Love 3
(edited)

McManda I noticed the exact same thing with the ring and I really loved that moment too. I thought they really underscored the importance and connection of their marriage in this episode. It felt genuine to me - and 99% of the time it doesn't.

Alas, I think MilMar are pretty dead set on this "politics" storyline - so I'll be surprised if it goes away. Maybe they can do a crossover with The Good Wife - all CGI of course.

Edited by Elysium1973
  • Love 1

Definitely a step up from the last 2 finales, but I wonder if that barn was the same one from s6 finale.

I was thinking the end looked exactly like a scene in the last finale.  Them in a car arriving at a barn.  I never rewatched that episode so I can't tell for sure.

Last finale it was Eddie, this season Jon, Seamus and Julianna had a pizza party and live tweeted at Nathan's house. Dude, Nathan how do you not know how to spell Beckett? I do hope someone got vid of Nathan falling on his ass when the swing broke. That'll be perfect for the blooper reel.

I don't follow Nathan on Twitter but I just looked at his feed and it is weird that he misspelled it. Isn't the name in the scripts he reads every week?  But he was actually acknowledging Beckett existence, so I am going to call that a step in the right direction.

(edited)

I remember when they were filming the swings scene - I had gotten the info about Nathan falling off the swings at the time and it definitely made me laugh after a bad day at work that day.

Regarding the having each other's back. I thought that was a great throw back to Watershed and how far they've come since there (My life, etc).

If I remember correctly they filmed the barn scene for S6 at Newhall Ranch, while this one was done at Disney Ranch (but that is going off the top of my head).

Edited by Nadine

Castle looked so good at that award ceremony! Sexy and suave, the tuxedo, the hair, the smile, the undone tie... I was quite undone myself after that.  Beckett didn't look bad either. Lady in red, the smitten looks she was shooting her husband were adorable during his speech. Only thing that felt off during that scene was the "brother in arms" comment which felt a bit weird since I don't feel that way about their relationship any more. Fitting they got a call about a murder at the end. 

• Love 2

Alas, I think MilMar are pretty dead set on this "politics" storyline - so I'll be surprised if it goes away. Maybe they can do a crossover with The Good Wife - all CGI of course.

It does seem like it would be kind of pointless to bring up the politics thing if they are just going to have her turn it down in the S8 premiere.  But I really hope they don't go that route.

Would she have to quit her job to run, or would she keep working until she was actually elected? They have to keep having cases for the show, so I guess they'd either have her be working and campaigning or have Castle and the boys solving cases without her.  I have zero interest in the later.

• Love 3
(edited)

When Lance Reddick's character said they wanted Beckett to run for senator of NY,

I said to the TV:

Senator of NY? Like Hillary??? *mind blank*

Anyone else briefly mistake CSI Hodges actor for The Man in Black from Lost actor?

I'm glad it wasn't the series finale, because I hope when it is that it has more humor and lightness.

Castle looked so good at that award ceremony! Sexy and suave, the tuxedo, the hair, the smile, the undone tie...

And his face looked slimmer. But shouldn't he have had at least a flesh colored bandaid on his neck? Edited by shapeshifter
(edited)

MilMar should be backed into a corner every season finale believing it could be the last. No big cliffhanger, no stupid angst, no fighting, no stupid soap opera style shenanigans with car crashes and a secret husband coming out the woodwork. Hurrah! Castle and Beckett looking all loved up and united, the only real downside was Political!Beckett but I expected it, MilMar have been breaking their necks to do this. It was low key and rather sombre, hope it doesn't end like here it would be kind of sad although I do expect Katic to sign. I can't say it felt that momentous I need to re-watch but it was waaaaay better than the last two finale's by a country mile. I'm so relieved. S8 is coming, new showrunners, now all I need is Stana and Nathan officially putting pen to paper, MilMar departing and a pleasant summer hiatus is ahead for once. I hope those in charge take note and realise you don't need huge dramatic cliffhangers to engage the fans to keep watching your show.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 4

So I've already had to unfollow Dara and her Jane the Virgin brown nose spam.

Lol, that's why I stick crew and writers I don't care to follow on a list. Makes it easier to see what they tweeted but doesn't clog my main feed. Now I wonder if she will get the Jane the Virgin viewing party to switch over the Castle so she can live tweet west coast airing too.

(edited)

NEW YORK STATE SENATOR KATE BECKETT! Oh MilMar...Why? They had to go there didn't they. *sigh* 

The only real downside was Kate's career dilemma. Unfortunately MilMar seem fixated on the laughable notion that a political career beckons for her despite the fact it's not remotely in keeping with the character they both created and Beckett has shown no obvious signs she yearns desperately for such a job, do they not realise this?  She'd be political road kill in a week and that's not even considering her past which was rightly brought up at the 1PP review that turned unexpectedly into an audition for new career LOL. As soon as they said Kate was going to face "unexpected" choices I feared the worst (the captains exam popping up was not unexpected) and sure enough they went there. It's a horrible notion when surely even the most casual viewer by now could have ascertained that Beckett is the last person who should be involved in politics - she would make a lousy one. 

My only hope is that the new showrunners drop it quietly next season and let her pursue the captains position which she "aced" of course heh.   I was willing Kate in her reassurance to Castle to tell him she had no intention of pursuing this idea but alas not. Thankfully MilMar have left it open ended but I fear Elysium is right if they stick around almost certainly fans will have to deal in some way with her going into politics and I fear things will start getting very dreary and serious and this show isn't set up for any of that. MilMar need to gracefully bow out at this point (I doubt they will) and give Hawley and TPW a chance to continue Castle and Beckett's adventures in their own way. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 3

Not to be toooo negative...but why does it annoy the hell out of me that NF doesn't know how to spell Beckett? It just seems so...passive aggressive. Come on, man. In seven years you haven't figured that out? Sigh.

MilMar has written so many WTF clusterfuck episodes over the last few years that I wasn't even sure they had it in them. Glad to see I was proven wrong on that front. And like the dork that I am, I got all emotional with the "always" in the speech. Ridiculous.

Who knows how they'll handle Captain/Senator/VP/POTUS Beckett next season. I'm hoping it's like the FBI/PI arc where it's three and done. I just can't see them writing a campaign all season - they did it on Good Wife (a much higher caliber show) and this season has been a nightmare. Or maybe they can hire Olivia Pope to run the campaign/fix scandals and there would be a lovely ABC tie in!

Or I could just have viral meningitis and I'm not making any sense at all!

• Love 1
(edited)

Now remember, kids.  If you want to search a barn but don't have the evidence/time to get a warrant, just recruit your husband the police consultant, take him to the scene, watch him through binoculars, and talk him through the search.  It's completely admissible because he's just an agent of the police, not an actual officer!  I mean seriously.  If that was how things worked why would anyone ever get a warrant?

And the decaying body of a woman found three years after her death with the TV still on?  Aside from the obvious Psycho nods, was that supposed to be a Joyce Vincent reference?

Edited by ddawn23
  • Love 2

The spelling bugs me too, because it's definitely him being an ass hole, either to Stana or (more likely) to the fans he's trolling. I don't buy for one minute he thinks that's how to spell it. It's a douche move by a guy I keep hoping isn't a douche.

• Love 4

The spelling bugs me too, because it's definitely him being an ass hole, either to Stana or (more likely) to the fans he's trolling. I don't buy for one minute he thinks that's how to spell it. It's a douche move by a guy I keep hoping isn't a douche.

Yeah. I thought (hoped, really) that the first one was a typo, but when he did it again soon after... 

The way they attacked her at the 1PP review felt OTT and designed simply to give Stana her big stand out moment. Was this the scene that Katic said was one of her most favourite scenes ever? I've enjoyed other moments more. She did fine but I thought the storyline was forced but they weren't wrong in some of the things they brought up about her suitability, she has transgressed and crossed the line at times and the her husband is probably a liability too so the idea that speech of hers magically wiped all that away was ridiculous. I note that despite her impassioned defence she didn't actually address the issues properly that were brought up.

I groaned when they started on the "you're bigger than what you're doing and you know it" and of course they've had her eye on her for a while now. If they had and knew their jobs they wouldn't be touching her with a ten foot barge pole sorry that audition would never happened. One line I thought was off and below the belt even for the scenario playing out was the Nikki Heat mention about the character spending more time on her back than chasing killers, that didn't feel necessary even if they were testing her. 

Is Nathan in trouble again on twitter?  Oh dear. 

• Love 5

Who knows how they'll handle Captain/Senator/VP/POTUS Beckett next season. I'm hoping it's like the FBI/PI arc where it's three and done. I just can't see them writing a campaign all season - they did it on Good Wife (a much higher caliber show) and this season has been a nightmare. Or maybe they can hire Olivia Pope to run the campaign/fix scandals and there would be a lovely ABC tie in!

Yeah I really don't need to see another campaign especially for a character that shouldn't be in politics. But maybe they need go find some West Wing writers that aren't busy if the showrunners do decide to purse the political storyline. Debora Cahn was the best left in the writing staff after Sorkin left and she hasn't written for Grey's in 2 yrs according to imdb.

Since when is February in New Hampshire so green and leafy? Why did they make it Presidents Day weekend when it could have easily been some non-snowy time of year?

Why would there be a migrant farm worker hanging around in NH in the winter? Isn't the whole "migrant" part because they travel around to where there's farming to be done?

Dara really should win an award for her efforts at brown nosing, dear me. 

I was more intrigued with discovering what had happened to Castle in Hollander's Woods than Beckett's problems mainly because I feel cheated by this season of Castle and I figured it couldn't possibly be as unsatisfying as the reveal about his vanishing. It didn't look promising at the start with the flashback of him in the woods, I admit getting a fit of the giggles when I saw this hooded cloaked figure dressed all in black swanning around like someone out of a bad horror movie had stumbled accidentally on to the Castle set.

I found it amusing that after Kate's impassioned speech about her utmost respect for the law she's letting Castle trespass, break in and investigate without a warrant admitting that whatever they find will be inadmissible. *sigh* Beckett also should have realised that he's an agent of the NYPD not a civilian so it makes no difference he's considered part of the police force. I did like the bit with the ring showing and him then getting the gun (he didn't fumble this time!) but I wanted more in the end, it felt rushed and would have been better served being a two parter perhaps.

I can't help thinking it's surprising that something this serious and traumatic in his past didn't come out before between them in conversation but required a case to bring it up again?  Okay so I've found out why he became a murder mystery writer after years of wondering but after 23 episodes frankly they could have done so much more with the character this season, it's a poor showing given how much time they've had to develop something meaningful after all the talk about "peeling the Castle onion" and all the fascinating things I was going to find out about him and all I've had is the risible Sleeper and now this which felt too little too late.

• Love 3

Would she have to quit her job to run, or would she keep working until she was actually elected?

Dunno about the US, but here in Canada public servants who run for office can take a leave of absence during a campaign, but have to resign if they win.

Flannery Tanner-- because all the US states are exactly like California and snow is mythical. Maybe she was there for sugaring-off?

(edited)

Other things I picked up on:

I'm with Kate on the ruggedly handsome picture, that was my pick too.

Martha may have found a new place thanks to a dead guy, that's appropriate for this show. I want to see Susan back next year doing more.

Ryan is right about families not checking up on each other - not all of them are close. It's not that unbelievable. 

I thought Stana looked lovely and natural (as natural as it gets on TV) when she was reassuring Castle at the end with her hair tied back, the less make up on the better, she's beautiful and doesn't need it.

The father-daughter moment was nice and I wish we could have had more of these kind of scenes sprinkled throughout the season, her not having a clue what to do with her life, yeah I know the feeling at that age actually I still feel that way sometimes. 

Edited by verdana

It didn't look promising at the start with the flashback of him in the woods, I admit getting a fit of the giggles when I saw this hooded cloaked figure dressed all in black swanning around like someone out of a bad horror movie had stumbled accidentally on to the Castle set.

Lol I kept thinking someone is a fan of Scream. It would been kinda amusing Beckett has said something cause she probably saw in hs.

...The father-daughter moment was nice and I wish we could have had more of these kind of scenes sprinkled throughout the season, her not having a clue what to do with her life, yeah I know the feeling at that age actually I still feel that way sometimes.

Yes, but, that was one moment that took me out of the scene while I snarked to myself: Yeah. Right. A child of economic privilege has a whole lifetime to "find her passion," and can keep trying things until she finds it. She will never get stuck in a job that she doesn't love just to support family or to survive. </end rant> But Castle is still a great dad.
  • Love 2