Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: First Time For Everything

• Start Topic

Has everyone else noticed that Farrah just seems to become instantly enraged any time she has to ask her mother for anything. 

I have a feeling it's because she thinks her mom is playing to the camera and trying to be all nicey-nice.  I have a feeling they get along pretty well when the cameras around around and Debra isn't trying to put up a facade.  And by "pretty-well" I mean well enough and are at least real with each other.  I don't believe Debra is that zoned out and in medicated mode constantly for a second.

Maci's house... I thought somewhere (maybe first episode?) she said she bought that house.  It's not the same one she had with Kyle and I was rather surprised at the outside appear of it.  The inside has obviously been remodeled so maybe she was actually being smart with her money.  That house probably cost her less than $100k. 

• Love 1

I didn't realize she owns that shack she lives in. If that's the case, then it DOES change things.  I stand corrected.

I could be wrong but I don't think maci owns a house Kyle bought that house they looked at ok that episode iirc. Her mother asked Maci something like what if they get in a fight or something on the episode. Then in the being maci special she was renting a party house with other girls and even covering the one girls rent I think they are just renting wherever they are now. I guess the new guy thinks Maci is financially secure right now and should just go get a bigger place. Does he even have a job? She was quick to point out Ryan's late support payments when she was on the show so I don't think she is going to happily foot the bill for everything even if she could afford it.

Wait... is the house they are living in now the one that Bentley was crying that he didn't like and kept going to Maci's bedroom when she was with Kyle? That's weird because if it is that house, when Maci and Kyle were outside talking it over, I remember Maci saying to Kyle, in response to him asking her "Are you sure?" She said, "You're buying it."

I don't think it's the same house. That house was in Kyle's name only.

I found the episode re; the house that Kyle bought in season 4 episode 8. It's definitely a different house than the one Maci is living in now with Taylor and Bintley. I bet Maci wishes she lived there, bc even though it was a foreclosure it is hands down a nicer and bigger house than the one she's in now. Kyle's house was a 3 bedroom/2 bath with a huge yard and new roof and siding. The inside needed updating but again, it's nicer than what Maci has now -- he only paid $73k for it in 2012. The house Maci's in now may indeed be a rental. Just wanted to clear that up.

• Love 2

I don't know a Dr that would suggest to a MOTHER of 23 years old that she has fertility concerns without a prolonged period of trying without luck. It feels like a big fib.

I'm sure he/she didn't. My point was, even if he or she did- or, didn't mean to imply it, but Maci honestly believed that's what he or she was saying- I would think anybody else in Maci's shoes would do a little more research.

I really can't fathom Maci getting an infertility diagnosis (and I use that term loosely- my time on the baby boards has taught me that getting diagnosed with infertility is a long, multi step process with lots of testing), and merely shrugging her shoulders and canceling her birth control prescription. Given how desperate that chick was to get knocked up by Kyle, if a doctor had led her to believe it wouldn't happen, she would have been all over google looking for additional information and treatment options.

I agree that "I didn't think I could get pregnant" is very much "the dog ate my homework" of the reproductive world. She knows she's going to get a ton of shit for not learning from her mistake the first time, so she's spinning it like it was beyond her control, and really, it was The Man Upstaris himself who saw it fitting to give her another baby, so who are we mere mortals to question his choice?

• Love 5

She won't be around Nova but maybe once a year so biological sisters or not, Nova will always be a stranger to her.  Maybe when she's 18 she will seek out a relationship with Nova but I doubt the two girls are going to have much at all in common except for maybe appearance because they will be raised so differently. Sad but true. Nova just won't have the opportunities and experiences that Carly has/will have. 

Just speaking from experience, I dont totally agree. Having been adopted at birth, I had a great childhood but always yearned to know my ancestry, etc.

I met my biological family at 25 and I am close with them, especially my two sisters. One sister could be my twin - having grown up looking like no one in my family, that was an incredible gift and made us even closer than I could have hoped for.

Who knows what Carly will want to do when she's older, but I think it's just human nature to question where you came from, and want to connect with your blood relatives in some way.

• Love 6
(edited)

Just speaking from experience, I dont totally agree. Having been adopted at birth, I had a great childhood but always yearned to know my ancestry, etc.

I met my biological family at 25 and I am close with them, especially my two sisters. One sister could be my twin - having grown up looking like no one in my family, that was an incredible gift and made us even closer than I could have hoped for.

Who knows what Carly will want to do when she's older, but I think it's just human nature to question where you came from, and want to connect with your blood relatives in some way.

Thanks for sharing this- I've been hoping that someone who was adopted as a child would post about the Carly situation. .

I had a friend who was in her 60's when I met her. I later found out she had given up a child when she was 18-19yo due to not having any financial means to support the child. She had searched on-line off and on over the years and ended up finding her daughter a year or two after we met. They ended up becoming quite close- the daughter wanted that, as did my friend.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 2

I really really dislike the name Nova.  It sounds like a space shuttle.

Are we sure Amber isn't pregnant?  It looks like she gained 30 pounds overnight.  What happened there?  I guess it's never getting off her ass, other than to go to a restaurant.  

• Love 4

Amber was thicker prior to Leah and thinned out when taking mega doses of pain killers. After jell, she's back to normal. Skinny Amber is the exception.

Yeah, I actually find thicker Amber to be reassuring, as that's a pretty decent indicator that she's not using.  

• Love 4

I think that B&T are in a rough spot. They could close the adoption, but I'm sure in the back of their mind is the thought that maybe Carly will resent them for it when she's older. They want to do what's best for her, and short, supervised yearly visits with occasional phone and letter contact (which can be regulated to their schedule) may be the best situation for them. They don't know how Carly will take the video footage, maybe she'll be on Catelyn's side, maybe not. 

Gary's phone call about the engagement was disgusting. It's not his place to say shit. Even as creepy as the guy is, you don't have a choice in the new spouse of your co-parent. The two need an official custody agreement, and he would be within his request that Matt (?) would not be allowed Leah, or only supervised, etc. (Seen it happen in custody orders where there's a legal reason, such as history of domestic violence.)

Maci was obviously just stuck in one of those situations where you pull the "if you do x then i'm not going to do y" and no one wants to be the one to back down. She over reacted, but she may have her reasons (who knows what has happened between her and Farrah outside of the cameras), and not everyone is good at admitting when they were pigheaded. But Bentley is the most well off of these kids, his dad may occasionally suck but he has normal, attentive grandparents with a mom that does whats best for him (in her 23 year old mind). Am I forgetting anyone in saying that Bentley is the only one without drug, anger, or legal issues in his immediate/extended family?

Farrah. Still the worst. Boyfriend is obviously in it for the free trips and fame. Mom is crazy. Michael has probably put up with too much shit, and would be off scot-free if Sophia wasn't in the picture. Too many victims in this whole mess. Sophia's paternal grandparents must be miserable with all this, but maybe when Sophia is old enough to get around her mom, she'll want them in her life. Sophia will hopefully do a 180 and go the opposite way of her family. Or she'll be worse.

• Love 4

Am I forgetting anyone in saying that Bentley is the only one without drug, anger, or legal issues in his immediate/extended family?

On just Teen Mom, or including Teen Mom 2? Aubrey has it pretty good. Her dad has been arrested for drunk driving but he's pretty much a non entity in her life at this point. If we're counting drunk driving as legal issues, then I believe Ryan has also been arrested for drunk driving. Someone correct me if that is wrong.

I think Maci and Chelsea are a lot alike in that they both grew up in upper middle class, supportive families, both probably always wanted to be young moms (perhaps not high school young, but young), deeply enjoy their kids, and don't really have a lot of ambition or drive for a career outside of the home, even before the TM money came along. I think Chelsea seems a lot nicer than Maci though. Maci comes across every season as self absorbed and kind of snobby.

Sophia's paternal grandparents must be miserable with all this, but maybe when Sophia is old enough to get around her mom, she'll want them in her life.

I'm not sure that family can consider themselves winners either. His paternal grandmother went to the tabloids to air her dirty laundry when she was making noises about suing Farrah and also her first name is Stormie. Just sayin...

• Love 3

Re Cate and Tyler texting Teresa - did they always have a direct line to them like that? I seem to remember, in the beginning, all contact went through Dawn. Pictures and packages were sent via Dawn. Now it seems Cate got this recent package directly from Teresa. I wonder if they're (B&T) regretting relaxing the boundaries a bit.

• Love 3

Re Cate and Tyler texting Teresa - did they always have a direct line to them like that?

I don't know if they always did, but they've had it for awhile. I remember Kim called up B&T to pressure them into coming to Tyler's graduation. If I recall, Cate was pretty flabbergasted that Kim even had that number.

Wait- now that I think about it, on Cate's 16 and pregnant episode, Cate calls up Teresa to tell her she's being induced. Now, maybe she called an 800 number that was routed to Teresa, but she has called her before.

I think maybe they always had a phone number but didn't have an address? Mail is usually sent back and forth through Dawn.

• Love 3

I just watched the aftershow. Amber looked fantastic! I really thought her hair and glasses were on point.

Unfortunately, I learned that Taylor stitched up the Carly-Nova side by side on the way home from the hospital. OMFG just enjoy the new kid you have now!

• Love 2

If we're counting drunk driving as legal issues, then I believe Ryan has also been arrested for drunk driving. Someone correct me if that is wrong.

I think Maci and Chelsea are a lot alike in that they both grew up in upper middle class, supportive families, both probably always wanted to be young moms (perhaps not high school young, but young), deeply enjoy their kids, and don't really have a lot of ambition or drive for a career outside of the home, even before the TM money came along. I think Chelsea seems a lot nicer than Maci though. Maci comes across every season as self absorbed and kind of snobby.

I would put one drunk driving arrest much higher than Adam's issues. But I agree about Maci and Chelsea having some similar backgrounds, and Aubree and Bentley are the kids most likely to come out of this thing normal, despite whatever shit they grow up with. I just think that Bentley will probably have a better situation with his dad than Aubrey will with hers. Farrah could have been in this same group had her family not been so batshit.

I'm not sure that family can consider themselves winners either. His paternal grandmother went to the tabloids to air her dirty laundry when she was making noises about suing Farrah and also her first name is Stormie. Just sayin...

Regardless of their temperament, Sophia could just as easily want them in her life when she's older. Anything may seem more normal than what she grows up with. It still must hurt to see the only thing left of their son dealing with the Abrahams.

• Love 2

Re Cate and Tyler texting Teresa - did they always have a direct line to them like that? I seem to remember, in the beginning, all contact went through Dawn. Pictures and packages were sent via Dawn. Now it seems Cate got this recent package directly from Teresa. I wonder if they're (B&T) regretting relaxing the boundaries a bit.

I don't know but it doesn't sound like it to me.  I think they probably wish this MTV show hadn't turned into a big deal that's still going on six years later but I have a feeling that even if the cameras weren't around Teresa would welcome contact with Catelyn. It's all the publicity around it that must make it tricky to negotiate.   I'm glad that the packages etc. aren't restricted to coming through Dawn anymore  - or at least not that we can see.  Dawn has always bugged me and the less of her the better on my TV.  

• Love 4

I think B&T doesn't want to close the adoption because then there would be backlash. Tyler would probably say be careful with who you give your kids to. Then adoption would be seen in a negative light regarding the adoptive parents. I think it's best right now to close it but B&T have their hands tied.

Catelynn is dumb. B&T are Carlys parents. She has a relationship with them. Who knows if Carly wants a relationship with Nova. She already has a brother. I think C&T need to stop living in lala land.

I think Tyler would be the one to throw his own daughter Carly under the bus if she doesn't seek them out or doesn't want a relationship with them. I don't have any idea why these two kids put their child up for adoption when all they're doing is complaining about it. If you could've don't a better job (which they wouldn't anyway) then maybe you should've kept Carly or better yet practice safe sex. They keep complaining about Brandon and Theresa the two people who love and adore Carly

• Love 6
(edited)

On just Teen Mom, or including Teen Mom 2? Aubrey has it pretty good. Her dad has been arrested for drunk driving but he's pretty much a non entity in her life at this point. If we're counting drunk driving as legal issues, then I believe Ryan has also been arrested for drunk driving. Someone correct me if that is wrong.

I think Maci and Chelsea are a lot alike in that they both grew up in upper middle class, supportive families, both probably always wanted to be young moms (perhaps not high school young, but young), deeply enjoy their kids, and don't really have a lot of ambition or drive for a career outside of the home, even before the TM money came along. I think Chelsea seems a lot nicer than Maci though. Maci comes across every season as self absorbed and kind of

Gotta defend my girl Chelsea. She has gone to school, graduated, got her license and is established in a career that has nothing to do with MTV, Teen Mom or any of it.

In my opinion, Chelsea is the best of the bunch.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 9

Gotta defend my girl Chelsea. She has gone to school, graduated, got her license and is established in a career that has nothing to do with MTV, Teen Mom or any of it.

In my opinion, Chelsea is the best of the bunch.

I agree. Her and Katie S3 have actually used the MTV money to set up their future. I like both of them for it.

• Love 11

I agree. Her and Katie S3 have actually used the MTV money to set up their future. I like both of them for it.

Really?  I sometimes wonder what ever happened to Katie. I know this isn't the thread for it, but do you happen to know where to find updates on her?

Really?  I sometimes wonder what ever happened to Katie. I know this isn't the thread for it, but do you happen to know where to find updates on her?

She has an Instagram account, on which she talks about work and school. She seems to be doing really well! I am so glad she and Joey broke up. I truly believe he was abusive, or at least on the way. I recognized it.

Here is an article I found re: Katie. It's a year old, but has some good info

http://starcasm.net/archives/270238

• Love 2
(edited)

Going back to Catelynn's comment about adoptive siblings/parents:  When I first heard her say it, like a couple of other posters, I thought she meant if and when they do meet, Carly would possibly be closer to Nova than to C&T, as in saying the siblings might be closer than child-parent. That DOES happen a lot in adoptive situations, so when Catelynn used the word "adoptive", I thought she was referring to herself and Tyler,  but she misspoke/worded it poorly.  

I went back a few minutes ago to watch again to confirm why I thought that, and now I don't know...She may have meant exactly what she said. If so, that is just too much, even for C&T! What is she thinking? I truly hope she simply misspoke. 

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
  • Love 3

Really? I sometimes wonder what ever happened to Katie. I know this isn't the thread for it, but do you happen to know where to find updates on her?

Last I'd read she had moved to SLC with the baby was on track to finish her BA (pretty much on time too. I think she was scheduled to graduate at about 23 or 24) and working at a local ad agency. It seemed like she was doing well and used the MTV money to put herself through school and move her and her daughter to a better city. Chelsea did the same (well she didn't move, but she set up a career for herself and bought a house). I just don't see any of the S1 girls thinking long term like that.

• Love 4
(edited)

Last I'd read she had moved to SLC with the baby was on track to finish her BA (pretty much on time too. I think she was scheduled to graduate at about 23 or 24) and working at a local ad agency. It seemed like she was doing well and used the MTV money to put herself through school and move her and her daughter to a better city. Chelsea did the same (well she didn't move, but she set up a career for herself and bought a house). I just don't see any of the S1 girls thinking long term like that.

What would be perfect to me is to get rid of the moms whose stories are not moving forward --Maci, Catelynn (and I love Cate--Tyler is a shit, but I have a soft spot for Cate), Jenelle, and many others, and do one show on the moms who are making a normal life for their kids , doing what normal people do --work, school, etc, and not sitting around all day, where your only job is filming (Katie, Chelsea, etc). Of course, it would never work unless they handled the money differently. 

I no longer care about Maci and her next baby daddy, or Leah's next dickmatization, but I do care about girls like Katie, Chelsea, Isabella Tovar, and a few others. Those are the stories I want to see. (Maybe throw in some struggle stories too, as long as it's not Jenelle or Amber level of "struggle")

**Note: In the meantime, I will still watch. I can't help it, damn it. lol!

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
  • Love 6

What would be perfect to me is to get rid of the moms whose stories are not moving forward --Maci, Catelynn (and I love Cate--Tyler is a shit, but I have a soft spot for Cate), Jenelle, and many others, and do one show on the moms who are making a normal life for their kids , doing what normal people do --work, school, etc, and not sitting around all day, where your only job is filming (Katie, Chelsea, etc). Of course, it would never work unless they handled the money differently. 

I no longer care about Maci and her next baby daddy, or Leah's next dickmatization, but I do care about girls like Katie, Chelsea, Isabella Tovar, and a few others. Those are the stories I want to see. (Maybe throw in some struggle stories too, as long as it's not Jenelle or Amber level of "struggle")

**Note: In the meantime, I will still watch. I can't help it, damn it. lol!

I would love that. I would be curious about an update about Kayla from season 3 of 16 and pregnant (the anorexic from MN, not to be confused with the pageant Kayla from Alabama), and a few other girls who from the brief update specials, appear to be working or in school and have managed not to get pregnant again

. I think the only way it would work is that each girl gets one season- sure, she might get a nice windfall, but not something she can count on to support her for the rest of her life.

I forgot about Katie. I could not get into any of the TM3 girls. I'd sit down to watch the DVR'd show and about 5 min later give up and switch to something else.

• Love 2

That's the problem. This show has become too much like a full time job and it's really stagnated most of these girls. They're all too happy to sit on their ass and use their MTV money to foot the bill. Very few of them have the foresight to realize that MTV won't still be filming them when they're 35 and their kids need to go to college. As long as they have this show as a cushion, it doesn't seem like they're going to get very ambitious about their futures - and some of them probably wouldn't anyhow.

• Love 12
(edited)
That's the problem. This show has become too much like a full time job and it's really stagnated most of these girls. They're all too happy to sit on their ass and use their MTV money to foot the bill. Very few of them have the foresight to realize that MTV won't still be filming them when they're 35 and their kids need to go to college. As long as they have this show as a cushion, it doesn't seem like they're going to get very ambitious about their futures - and some of them probably wouldn't anyhow

Totally agree. The kids from Teen Mom OG are now 5 and 6 years old and some have sibs at this point. When your kid is 5 college seems like an eternity away, but it goes by so fast and suddenly they are in high school and college is right around the corner. Personally, I don't know what we would have done if we hadn't put money into 529s and our state's prepaid college program. Unfortunately, I think a lot of parents assume that scholarships and a job will pay the cost, but studies have shown that most scholarships don't even come close to covering the costs and with the rising cost of tuition even at public universities, it's just not feasible to think that you can earn enough working part time to pay for college. Of course these idiots don't realize that the younger teh kids are when you start to save, the more it will be worth when they need. That would involve simple math and logic. 

None of them have used the money to get an education for themselves, so why would it occur to them to save for their child's education. Yes buying a house is good, but it's not the be all and end all. The number of cars I have watched these girls buy over the years has made my head spin. As far as college, my guess is that Bentley's grandparents are going to step up. As for the other's, I don't hold out much hope. I love how Tyler wants to be a big happy family with Carly, wants to see her and be part of her life, yet I never hear a word from him about financial support, unless it's buying a doll or something. Put your money where your mouth is Tyler! 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 9

Certainly not something to get my panties in a twist over, but watching Maci and her friend eat salad, in what seemed like those plastic containers that salad comes in from the grocery store made me snicker at them. I have watched enough episodes of Keeping Up with the Kardashians and other reality shows where the so-called celebs sit there and eat their salads. It seems to be part of reality tv tropes now. Someone must be shown eating take out salad.

Amber was court-ordered to put money aside for Leah in a trust. Now, if a court has to order a parent from this show to establish a trust, you can bet none of them (Chelsea and Katie aside) are thinking along those lines.

Yes, Maci owned a home with her three friends:

http://www.teenmomjunkies.com/teen-mom-3/maci-bookout-teen-mom-3/maci-bookout-buys-house-3-friends/

Maci also bought a new car back in October:http://www.wetpaint.com/2014-10-10-maci-bookout-gets-new-jeep/

• Love 2

I was thinking the same thing about Tyler and Cate. How patient the adoptive parents are and how amazing they are for sharing so much with them. But C&T seem like they are taking advantage and exploiting the opportunity.

And I was livid with Amber for allowing her daughter to be in the company of that creep without her supervision. 

Maci doesn't register with me at all and I've lost interest in the Bent because he is becoming tha product of his parents' immaturity. Won't be long for little Leah either. 

Farrah's parents are just not! Her mom IS playing to the camera with her dippy butt. Farrah has a right to roll her eyes.

Then, after all is said and done, I have to remind myself I do not know these people personally and shouldn't invest so much time thinking about them. But the show is such a delightful hate-fest I can't get beyond it, lol.

• Love 5
(edited)

Yeah, out of the TMS-one and two- Chelsea to me, anyway, is the best. Granted, she had a few troubles in the beginning but I like her. I also like that on the TM2 reunion last year, she didn't allow Dr. Sad Panda to make her feel bad about dating random guys and NOT having them be on the show. I agree, that she and Maci do seem to share the same similarities, though. Probably also that neither girls families thought they would end up with babies at 16.  

I do think like others Maci only stopped having Bentley on the show because she knew she put a whole thing last week and MTV wasn't backing down or changing their minds and she needs the money, so she had to take something away and make a statement here or something. But now her whole focus on this show is moot. This isn't like KUWTKs where Kayne and Kim had their baby off the show because this show was never about their child, but with this show, Bentley was a major focus. Its really stupid. I also feel like if Maci felt that strongly that MTV had went against what they told her about keeping Farrah off the show and she was THAT upset, why would she want to continue to be a part of something that she felt so strongly was wrong? I mean, I know why, like I said before, she needs that check but still.. way to not back up your morals, much.

Because the alternative would be getting a J-O-B.

Edited by AmyFarrahFowler
  • Love 4

Maci, like Leah Messer, wants someone else to care for her so she can live the life of Riley. Making babies is all they are good for, apparently. Nothing wrong with being a stay-at-home mom. Nothing wrong with not wanting a career, but don't mess with my mind by going on and on with these fly-by-night relationships, pushing these young guys to move in and then entice them to put that ring on your finger while telling them you are incapable of becoming pregnant. Just be forthright and honest: I don't want a career or to get an education. I am content with being a wife and mother.

• Love 5

But it was a MIRACLE BABY! And you can't say no to that.

Even if whatever quack Maci was seeing for a gyno did lead her to believe she would not be able to get pregnant without intervention (as opposed to her intentionally misrepresenting what he/she said), like you could convince us that as desperate as Maci was to get knocked up by Kyle a few years back, she wouldn't have sought out a second opinion or at bare minimum googled "can you get pregnant with PCOS?" and found out that she wasn't as SOL as she thought within 30 seconds?

Is Maci saying she has PCOS? I must've missed that. I'm a little skeptical at least to the severity of it based on the symptoms I personally experienced when diagnosed with it, including weight gain. She is teeny tiny. (And, I know. I know. I have personally known thin women who had to do IVF to get pg but most women with PCOS struggle with weight gain.) But I never had a doctor tell me I couldn't get pg with it and, even though I saw a fertility doctor to help get pregnant, I was always advised to use birth control if I didn't want to be pg.  (In fact, birth control pills are a treatment for PCOS. They give the ovaries a rest!)  If Maci has PCOS and didn't want to be pregnant, she should have been on the pill.

• Love 7

I found it funny that when they told Maci that Farrah was back she was all "But she did PORN on TV!!!"

Nobody does porn on tv, Maci. There's a reason we have censors...and companies like Vivid don't release their flicks to networks like Showtime, since they can't even show full-on penetration porn. Come on.

Sometimes the shit these girls say..

• Love 3

I found it funny that when they told Maci that Farrah was back she was all "But she did PORN on TV!!!"

I found that comment so ridiculous. Goes to show how stupid Maci is. She is so pissed at Farrah being back on the show that she cannot even realize the stupid that just oozes out of her thin-lipped mouth.

Thank goodness the fourth wall has been removed because I could see Maci spinning this as something else and trying to look like the victim. I am so glad she had her tantrum on camera. That is something we would not have been shown before. Never thought I would ever find myself defending Farrah on anything, and it is all because of Maci who is such a hypocrite. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Farrah might be a terrible person, and questionable parent (at times anyway), but girl's got the hustle. She is using any opportunity she can to capitalize on herself, and even if that means porn then so be it. Obviously it isn't the same choice the rest of the girls made, but to be honest most of the other girls haven't made many choices at all, using MTV/TM as their career aspiration. Seriously ladies, just cos you all got knocked up as teens doesn't mean MTV is obligated to set your ass up for life....and to be honest if more of them were responsible with their money, they probably could be. So I gotta give Farrah some credit there, her strategies have worked out pretty well for her. She might be the first TM millionaire. Love her or hate her (mostly the hate) at least she has a real work ethic and isn't relying on jumping from man to man, looking to be taken care of. We've seen that story play out many times in the TM franchise.. The only couple who has actually stuck together is C&T, but honestly I'm sure if Tyler didn't feel so much obligation because he knows his TM reputation is the selfless boyfriend, blah blah.. he doesn't want to kill his image. And now he's got Carly 2.0. He'll still never marry Cate though, poor thing.

Seems like the rest of the girls, maturity-wise, have stunted from when they first began filming. Not a single one of them seems to have progressed and still acts like a bratty teenager. Chelsea from TM2 is maybe the only exception, even though it took quite awhile for it to happen. I dunno much about the TM3 girls since they were so pathetically dull I didn't watch them.

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 10
(edited)

Dime store psychologist here but I think Maci feels guilty for the choices she's made in her life with respect to premarital sex, shacking up with guys, having two baby daddies in her young life.  So putting Farrah underneath her on the morality scale makes her feel better about things.  And, to be fair, I don't necessarily disagree with her. I think Farrah has made terrible, awful choices. I don't care how much money she gets paid to do that. I don't think she has much self-respect and she seems to be a deeply unhappy person. (Or maybe I'm being too generous.)  But, as mentioned earlier, Maci can just take a seat. At least Farrah's not been desperate for a significant other the way Maci has been while always pining for Ryan, anyway. Maci is no paragon of virtue herself. 

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 6

I posted this part in the Amber thread, but brought it over here because it covers more than Amber and my feeling about this topic about money and the whole slut-shaming that Maci seems to be throwing around:

Amber should be getting a job, getting herself in school or at the very least, she could volunteer somewhere to keep her mind busy and build her self-worth. I really think she needs to focus on getting a job that pays her money so she can learn how to earn a real income and the good feeling that comes with not having to rely on MTV. To me, MTV is like welfare in that it becomes a never-ending cycle. MTV money in some ways is like an addiction in that these girls just cannot cut themselves off from it. And yet, they slam Farrah for her porn career and sex-related ventures. At least Farrah is earning a legit income without relying on child support and knowing her MTV days won't last forever.  It is not Farrah who is not paying her rent or mortgage. It is not Farrah who has another child in order to keep a guy around and to keep her job on MTV.

Not all teen mothers follow the same path in life. Farrah took a different path, but is it any different than a girl who may have resorted to working at a strip club to survive while raising a child alone? I think if Maci found herself in such a predicament where she would have to care for her child without any family to help her, she'd be the first one to work at such a place if it meant having to pay rent and feed her child. My problem with Maci is that she is relying on a guy to take care of her and her needs. I really hate her slut-shaming of Farrah which is really her slut-shaming any female who may turn to those kind of jobs or careers because they have no choice sometimes. Maci is no different than Farrah.

• Love 6

Isn't it true, too, that Sophia's not had a parade of guys in her life, either?  I've known now adults who got very close to a mom's live-in boyfriend and when the relationship between the adults end, the kid loses that relationship, too. That is why you don't play house with all of your boyfriends when you have a kid.

• Love 8

Why am I not surprised to see that Farrah's boyfriend is a vacation rental slumlord? Farrah is obviously bankrolling their extravagant adventures and that dude gives no fucks as long as he's getting laid and paid. Unfortunately, even though Farrah has done well for herself financially, her nasty personality will only attract vultures, scumbags, and moochers. How old is Deborah? And what kind of mother asks her daughter to float her 8 grand for plastic surgery?  I would almost feel bad for Farrah if she wasn't such a narcissistic bitch. 

Does anyone know what show Farrah and Deb were going to be on? I was thinking Couples' Therapy but I don't think the timeline would be right. And lol @ chartering a helicopter from Vegas to LA. She lights money on fire as fast as she makes it. Total hoodrich D-list celeb move. 

Tyler's mom is total white trash for smearing her dollar tree lipstick all over her grand-daughter's face. Butch probably has those same lipstick marks tattooed on his neck.

• Love 5

I posted this part in the Amber thread, but brought it over here because it covers more than Amber and my feeling about this topic about money and the whole slut-shaming that Maci seems to be throwing around:

Amber should be getting a job, getting herself in school or at the very least, she could volunteer somewhere to keep her mind busy and build her self-worth. I really think she needs to focus on getting a job that pays her money so she can learn how to earn a real income and the good feeling that comes with not having to rely on MTV. To me, MTV is like welfare in that it becomes a never-ending cycle. MTV money in some ways is like an addiction in that these girls just cannot cut themselves off from it. And yet, they slam Farrah for her porn career and sex-related ventures. At least Farrah is earning a legit income without relying on child support and knowing her MTV days won't last forever.  It is not Farrah who is not paying her rent or mortgage. It is not Farrah who has another child in order to keep a guy around and to keep her job on MTV.

Not all teen mothers follow the same path in life. Farrah took a different path, but is it any different than a girl who may have resorted to working at a strip club to survive while raising a child alone? I think if Maci found herself in such a predicament where she would have to care for her child without any family to help her, she'd be the first one to work at such a place if it meant having to pay rent and feed her child. My problem with Maci is that she is relying on a guy to take care of her and her needs. I really hate her slut-shaming of Farrah which is really her slut-shaming any female who may turn to those kind of jobs or careers because they have no choice sometimes. Maci is no different than Farrah.

Maci is an incredibly hard-worker, and I don't get the HATE and VITRIOL by the members of this site towards her . For starters, Maci has a campus radio show, which I'm sure dozens of people listen to every week! She also has aspirations of working in social media, and she's shown much promise in this field by updating her facebook fan page several times a day. She has over a million followers on twitter, She's spent almost 6 years in college. She's almost literate. That all will look great on a résumé!

• Love 12

I really really dislike the name Nova.

I'm an old, and remember the car manufacturing debacle of the Chevy Nova, which translates to "no go" in Spanish.

I've known now adults who got very close to a mom's live-in boyfriend and when the relationship between the adults end, the kid loses that relationship, too. That is why you don't play house with all of your boyfriends when you have a kid.

It grosses me out how quickly most of the Moms bring "new daddies" into their childrens' lives. Maci lived with both Kyles, right?

Amber's boyfriend creeps me out. She lets her 40 something boyfriend have alone time with her 6 year old daughter? Sorry but she's known him ..what a month?

I saw statistics that said child sexual abuse is 30+ more times more likely to happen with a non-biologically related male living in the household. Not making allegations, just saying these moms need to be careful about the parade of men.

• Love 9

I'm an old, and remember the car manufacturing debacle of the Chevy Nova, which translates to "no go" in Spanish.

It grosses me out how quickly most of the Moms bring "new daddies" into their childrens' lives. Maci lived with both Kyles, right?

I saw statistics that said child sexual abuse is 30+ more times more likely to happen with a non-biologically related male living in the household. Not making allegations, just saying these moms need to be careful about the parade of men.

Exactly anybody go be an abuser. Stop letting strangers around your kids.

• Love 2

Mmmmhmmm. I wouldn't say - "Don't ever date or let guys meet your kid because they might turn out to be a pedo". But, hello, you're moving a dude into the house and you barely know him! She didn't even know he was moving in! She thought he was visiting, and he just dropped the bomb that he let his apartment go. I suppose Amber finds that super romantic or something, but it just seems creepy. And maybe this guy is really nice and things will work out for them. But I just would like to see her taking her time and using better judgment. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Maci is an incredibly hard-worker, and I don't get the HATE and VITRIOL by the members of this site towards her . For starters, Maci has a campus radio show, which I'm sure dozens of people listen to every week! She also has aspirations of working in social media, and she's shown much promise in this field by updating her facebook fan page several times a day. She has over a million followers on twitter, She's spent almost 6 years in college. She's almost literate. That all will look great on a résumé!

Compared to the other Teen Moms, Maci is doing okay, but I wouldn't call her "an incredibly hard worker." A campus radio show is not that hard if the topic doesn't require a ton of research. She's not exactly Rachel Maddow. And aspirations don't really mean much, especially when she mostly just wants to extend her 15 minutes of fame. And spending 6 years in college without graduating isn't really an accomplishment. My cousin went 9 years. Its the actual graduating that counts.

Amber needs a slap. A guy who moves out of state that quick has no real job back home. A guy who wants to marry you that quickly is either a huge moocher or creepy weirdo.

Edited by Kellyee
  • Love 4
Compared to the other Teen Moms, Maci is doing okay, but I wouldn't call her "an incredibly hard worker." A campus radio show is not that hard if the topic doesn't require a ton of research. She's not exactly Rachel Maddow. And aspirations don't really mean much, especially when she mostly just wants to extend her 15 minutes of fame. And spending 6 years in college without graduating isn't really an accomplishment. My cousin went 9 years.

I can't speak for other posters, but I got a strong sense of snark and sarcasm from the post you quoted. 

• Love 7