Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: We're All Animals Here

Well, I finished reading/listening to "Zoo".  It was terrible.  I know that James Patterson's empire almost certainly extends to putting his name as a co-author on books written by other people,  I can only imagine he had nothing to do with this book, and that it was all the product of the other guy.  The "Zoo" show was right to not have anything to do with this book.  The only thing they have in common are that there is a character named Jackson Oz (who in the book, is the "crazy" one trying to warn the world of issues with animals, a role that was given to his dead father) and a character named Chloe Tousignant.  Nothing else is the same.  No Reiden Global, no Abraham Kenyatta, no sinister villain, no Mother Cell.

The book is horribly written, and above all, it is, quite simply, utterly boring.  There's not many animal attacks.  There's way more bureaucratic and political squabbling which is thoroughly uninteresting.  There's this strange jump forward in time by five years, the purpose of which I didn't fully understand.  Above all, the discovery that the aberrant behaviour is caused by

was a joke, and the ending of

was completely unsatisfying.

Also, while there are no Antarctic Lesbians, the book does feature African Lesbians!  They are gorilla researchers living in Rwanda.

Ha ha ha, completely agree with blackwing. I picked this up on a recommendation from io9, and could not get halfway through. The book is truly awful and horribly written. the only thing I wanted to see was

Oz's chimp doing some major damage, and he doesn't exist in the tv adaptation, boo.