Type keyword(s) to search

Drop Dead Diva - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I miss the show that I started watching in season 1 but I'm doing my best to get through the rest of this season because I'm a completionist and I want to put this series to rest. Then after a sufficient amount of time has passed, I'll rewatch it but stop maybe in the second or third season and pretend it never got renewed for another season after that. 

• Love 2

What I miss most is Jane's singing & the fantasy episodes! It's gotten away from the wimsy it used to be and far too much into relationship swapping.

I'm in for the remainder, though. Maybe we'll have others join us.

Edited by Rhetorica

I'm usually a completionist too (actually waiting for the last episode of HIMYM this week) but I can't make it until the end for this one. OMG I find every every single character and story unlikable this season. And while I was never crazy about Kim, she was way more tolerable than the uber-bitch they replaced her with.

Stacy helps Jane prepare for her date with Grayson; Jane and Belinda represent a rock star whose recent irresponsible behavior put his band's next tour at risk; Grayson helps a woman who is being evicted from her low-income housing.

Original airdate: March 30, 2014

I just wish they hadn't made Owen into a character that has no chance of being with Jane now. I felt he was way better for Deb/ Jane than Grayson ever was. And I don't see why he'd be surprised and upsat that Jane thought he would be too shallow to consider dating her in her body now - every woman he's dated has been a thin beauty. Makes me dislike Grayson all the more for being a hypocrite. Still, I'm here to the end.

• Love 1

I must have missed a whole lot more of last season than I realized.  I didn't know that Jane had revealed her true self to Greyson.  Guess I need to get caught up on the story line. I do NOT like Kim's replacement.  Hopefully she's gone now.

Well, he did want to be with Jane a couple seasons ago, so is that really the reason, Jane?? She's leaving a lot out for why they're only getting together (possibly) now. It's not like they should actually talk for more than five minutes (more like 30 seconds) at a time or anything.

I felt he was way better for Deb/ Jane than Grayson ever was.

The best guy for Jane was Tony. Bar none. Loveable, just chubby enough. Busy now wrecking a marriage on Parenthood, but I really liked that guy.

Just hate-watching now until the last scene. Last hair toss, last mincing high-heeled prance, last gasp to indicate brain cells are firing, last hand waving, last simper. (simper, verb: smile or gesture in an affectedly coquettish, coy, or ingratiating manner.)

Thanks indeed. I somehow missed the premiere.  I thought Episode 2 was actually Episode 1.  I also managed to miss Once Upon a Time Sunday.  Dang RHoA!  I dvr it and watch it a couple of times, plus I think Blood Sweat and Heels had it's reunion show at the same time.  I need to get off of Bravo's teat!

Jane struggles with how to behave around Grayson now that he knows the truth; Grayson represents a widower who wants to honor his wife's last wish to be buried in her backyard, while her parents want her in their family plot; Paul buys a Rolls-Royce for $100; Kim returns to work and enlists Owen's help representing a 12-year-old foster child who is searching for a permanent home.

Originally aired April 6, 2014.

I have never liked Grayson. I've always thought he was boring and shallow. Tonight's episode didn't change that. His lecture to Jane about his trips to the graveyard and smelling Deb's perfume just didn't ring true.  Especially since he began dating in a hot minute after Deb's death every leggy blonde he could.

That poor little boy! My eyes had tears. But was that ending the best for him? I'm torn.

Will we ever see another episode with Jane singing? It's been two years! 

I have a teeny bit of experience with Powers of Attorney, having been the holder of one. I can tell you this much. The PoA dies with the person who granted it. So the fact that the dead wife's parents had some nebulous PoA is completely meaningless, once she's dead. No court would recognize its authority over anything. And a Medical Power of Attorney is a completely separate animal.

I call shenanigans.

I want to slap Grayson into next week.

Yeah, Grayson can climb off his high horse now.  He needs some empathy lessons.  He seriously cannot imagine why Jane didn't confide in him right away, even after she's explained how ashamed she was to find herself in such an imperfect body.  Not once has he tried on the perspective of how it must have felt to her, losing everything and then finding herself returned to life as a socially awkward woman with zero self-esteem.

Jane represents a bullied pro cheerleader; Teri pretends to be Paul's lawyer when he gets in trouble for accumulating too much credit card debt; Grayson and Owen defend a family who installed speed bumps on their busy neighborhood street; Jane and Grayson make plans for a romantic evening.

I'm staying with the show to the bitter end; but my goodness, this one was boring! Jane used to be so insightful. She didn't seem at all curious about the cheerleader signing off on the reporter? The only thing I know about "lawyering" is debate, but even I was suspicious! 

And Grayson is tiring. I hope the finale allows Jane to realize she's her own person and forgets about Grayson. But, alas, I'm afraid true love will prevail...

Jane used to be so insightful. She didn't seem at all curious about the cheerleader signing off on the reporter?

That bugged me too. Plus, telling the reporter about the surprise witness? Really? I'm always willing to suspend my disbelief, but in what kind of alternate universe would this be a good idea?

Even if we believe that the woman really meant no harm (and was just dumb enough not to realize that she didn't have to name names in order to give away Jane's strategy), Jane couldn't know that. For all she knew, all the reporter cared about was to get a story, and it was a story whether Jane's client won or lost.

Ugh. Yes, on Grayson only dating thin, conventionally attractive women and bed-hopping quite a bit in spite of his heartbreak. And yes, on Tony being the best guy for Jane. I'm always happy to meet another Tony fan. I was championing him on the TWoP boards. 

I have to be honest, guys. My DVR didn't record the Rick Springfield episode and since then I stopped watching since Lifetime doesn't seem to want to air a marathon. Honestly, I don't miss it that much. I didn't realize how much Diva had lost me until I gave it up. It's not a Gossip Girl or Glee which always pull me back in. 

What I miss most is Jane's singing & the fantasy episodes! It's gotten away from the wimsy it used to be and far too much into relationship swapping.

I'm in for the remainder, though. Maybe we'll have others join us.

That's the one thing I don't miss. I hated the singing! But I do agree that there is far too much relationship swapping.

I find everyone to be annoying, especially Jane. She takes the hair flipping and cutesy stuff overboard. I miss Jane and Owen's relationship and how fun filled it was. They were so great together and now Owen seems like a completely different character. Stacey and Owen dating is just...no! Grayson is boring as hell, so I'll never root for the Jane and Grayson pairing. They're a snoozefest, zzzzz.

• Love 1

Helllooo...anyone still watching? So Grayson's dead! (yeah)

Is he really for sure dead?  I missed the very ending. 

It was left open as to whether or not he's dead, although it did seem like there was a flash of white light right at the end that could signify that he died and went to that intermediary place that Deb went to when she died. But it could also just be the show trying to trick us.

Grayson's experience prompts him to make a serious gesture; Jane offers her services to a community that is affected by fumes from a hot sauce factory; Kim must represent her mother in a divorce proceeding against her own father.

Pregnant Stacy is concerned when someone suggests her frequent burping is a sign she's having an evil baby. Grayson and Jane are paired together on a case involving national security, but are flummoxed when they're given very little information about their mild mannered client or her charges. Kim represents a family of orphans when their adoptive parents kick them out immediately after home make over show renovations.

Jane represents a transgender elementary school student while Grayson takes on a high profile case involving the murder of a college student. Stacy becomes increasingly uncomfortable as Owen showers her with gifts.

A place to discuss particular episodes (that do not have specific episode threads), arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

He was shot in the chest, so it appears there may be another return button incident. Fred is returning so I'm sure it will get even more convoluted. We shall see.

Ugh! Grayson's death (if he actually died) should be permanent! Fred is returning?

• Love 1

Well crap. Now I'm torn. Grayson and Deb were the cutest they've ever been together tonight. So when he died I wasn't as happy as I thought I would be. But it does look like another reset with Fred so now I'm back to bored.

Plotline mirrors The Good Wife almost exactly.  Boo!

Didn't that medical team give up awfully easily?

I noticed Stacy grabbed a bottle from the fridge, but I stopped paying attention and don't know if she drank from it or if it was not alcoholic.

Well crap. Now I'm torn. Grayson and Deb were the cutest they've ever been together tonight. So when he died I wasn't as happy as I thought I would be. But it does look like another reset with Fred so now I'm back to bored.

OK, so now I guess Grayson is going to come back in someone else's body. This show is starting to give me a headache.

Did anyone notice that pregnant Stacy took a drink of alcohol?

I noticed that too. I 'm hoping it was sparkling grape juice. Or maybe there's going to be another reset button pushed.

Sparkling cider is usually non alcoholic. I was kind of sad when Grayson died and I can't even stand him! But ugh, I feel like I'm watching vampire diaries! No one dies (permanently). It's like, why should anyone care if Grayson died when we know he's going to be brought back next week? I am looking forward to seeing Fred though! I really liked him as guardian angel. I like Paul (I think that's his name) as well. He's kinda dumb and gullible, but very sweet.

• Love 1

Just started watching the show! I am about to end season 2.

I just needed to vent about the fact that (aside from Teri) Season 2 Episode 10 is the FIRST time on screen that Deb/Jane uses the amnesia excuse... WTF? She couldn't use that when her husband turned up? And when Tony is amm pissed off, she couldn't just say I didn't tell you because I did not know? I mean I know Deb is dumb but come the **** on...

End of the rant.

But so far enjoying the comedy and lawyer cases, hate the relationship drama (and it's only season 2).

• Love 1
(edited)

So now Grayson returns as an inmate? It had to be someone who died for Grayson to enter the body, right? I guess that's better than an infant or a 100 year old woman.

Does the return button return everyone to LA?

Edited cause verb tense should just get over it and agree.

Edited by Rhetorica
So now Grayson returns as an inmate? It had to be someone who died for Grayson to enter the body, right?

I figure it's either someone who got shivved or, even worse, an executed murderer that came back. Of course he'll be innocent, no? And Jane will save him. Sigh. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse!

I am so glad to see Fred back, especially after what happened to him on Mad Men. He was my favorite guardian angel. I wonder if he'll win Stacey back?

I was so happy to see Fred back. He was perfect and the show was missing a lot of its energy without him. I loved his banter with Grayson. I hope he returns to LA and gets Stacey back as well.

I knew that they'd send Grayson back in a body that would cause the drama. At least the inmate he returned in is cute! Good luck getting your job back though. Unless this inmate is a lawyer who was wrongly arrested and then shanked in jail. Which, you know, this show would totally do.

• Love 1

Fred is not a human being and he's no longer a guardian angel.  There is no reason for him to go back to earth.  Remember Stacy doesn't remember him, much less that they were in any kind of relationship.  And I imagine breaking up her engagement to Owen just so he could get her back himself would not go over well in Heaven.

I never cared about the whole Jane/Grayson thing because I find him dull and uninteresting.  I'm much more interested in what's going to happen with the other characters on the show.  I would love to see Parker come back and explain himself.  

No new thread, so posting here.

Yeah! Grayson's gone! At least the actor is. I never cared for him but Ian looks promising. At least the writers wrapped up the execution quickly instead of continuing next week. I assume Owen will be told the history so he will then be free of past phobias and can marry Stacy. And maybe Kim will hit on Paul.

Only two episodes left?