Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E22: Ashes to Ashes

SEASON FINALE!

With time running out, Klaus’ ultimate plan to protect baby Hope at all costs continues to take shape. As tensions between the siblings come to a head, Cami reveals a vital piece of information that causes Elijah and Rebekah to reconsider their plan of attack against Dahlia. Davina finds herself one step closer to fulfilling the promise she made to Kol, while Freya is forced to take drastic measures to protect herself against Dahlia. Elsewhere, Marcel has to put aside his fury at Klaus in order to protect himself and everyone in their sire line. Meanwhile, Vincent finds himself torn between the prospects of a magic-free life away from New Orleans and a personal obligation to protect Davina. Finally, with their risky plan in place, the Mikaelson siblings prepare for the fight of their lives.

Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uYXmZ-N78U

You know purely from these promos alone I hate Cami's ass. Gia was at the very least Elijah's friend. Her body isn't even cool and Cami talking all that mess about Klaus' masterful plan.

• Love 1

Well, that was a predictable unsatisfying end.  You could see how the whole battle would end when Esther was mentioned.  It wouldn't be Kol coming back, it would be Esther.  And she would do the sacrificing to save her children - even though on the other show and this one she wanted them dead. So I guess we are stuck not only with Cami but Freya too and NO Rebekah.  How is that fair. 

I don't feel sorry for Haley being stuck in her wolf form.  She wanted to take Hope away from everyone on Klaus' side. She's no better than Klaus. At least with Klaus Hope gets to see everyone else in the family.  And now that Haley is desperate Elijah is good enough to be there for Hope when he wasn't a while back. .Kill her and Jackson off, no one would miss them at all since we have Cami and Freya sucking up scenes.

I would have loved to see Marcel get the keys back to the city from Klaus.  That scene should have been shown too.  Oh well.

• Love 4

So before episode's end Elijah is accepting a drink from Klaus and Klaus is waxing about fate to Cami? 

This does not bode well for my season 3 viewing........

I agree it was predicable and anticlimactic, personally it would have been more daring if Klaus REALLY was working with Dahlia and they actually killed some of the dead weight on this show. 

As usual I loved Claire but that's all I got.

Um....is it just me, or was the finale wholly.....I don't know, boring? Lame? Tame?

Rebekah's gone again (and with her in her witch body and her Original body on ice for Claire Holt to make another reappearance if her show doesn't do well), Elijah's mad at Klaus but sticking with him because of Hope (and how much would it have been awesome if Elijah actually didn't come home to please Hayley?) and Davina doesn't get to resurrect Kol, and I'll be it will be Vincent (I almost typed Finn) who will help bring him back. And Esther was brought back just to die and make peace with her sister. At least Hayley stays in wolf form, and I'm sure Klaus will reverse the magic early next season. Probably first episode, although I'd love if they kept her in wolf form until at least episode 5. 

And yeah, I'm annoyed more at Hayley and she wasn't even in the episode until the very end. She deserves to be stuck in wolf form. Everyone deserves what would be coming to them. Part of me just wants next season's finale being all the Originals daggered, then fast forward fifty years where Hope is a grown up and everyone we don't want around is dead or dying (except for Davina, who can stay her young self because of her new powerful magic or something). But oh wait, Dahlia 'conveniently' melted the dagger so I guess no more fricking dagger for Klaus. Gah, that was frustrating. I wish Dahlia had just used her magic to slowly lift the dagger out instead. But oddly enough, I loved Klaus this episode. He was doing right and everyone else was frustrating. He's right, in a way. But I do think he deserves his family breaking up, even temporarily. And I hope Elijah stays mad at Klaus for more than one episode. I just hate that Hayley had to ask him to keep an eye on Hope, but I get why.

Klaus' story to Hope was oddly cute and they're really cute together. But...Freya kind of needs to go. I found out that I was rooting for her to die. Before the finale, I didn't mind her but this episode, while Dahlia had her captured, I really thought to myself 'ok, Freya can die now. I don't want her sticking around'. She could have taken Finn with her too. Good riddance and all that. 

Now, Esther, PLEASE stay dead. I think she will this time, because her body was turned to ash, but I still worry about her popping back. She's like a fly that won't go away. At least she came and went this episode, but I am rooting for Davina's clan to turn on the Mikaelson's. No matter how warranted the switch needed to happen, Davina needs to get angry and destroy that family somehow. I guess Davina will be a strong antagonist, and I hope Marcel joins her side. I miss Davina/Marcel, and all the moments we get nowadays is when he comes asking for help. That is not the relationship I fell in love with season 1. 

If the show wants to explore Cami/Klaus, just do it already, have Cami realize it could never work, and break it off. I like the idea of Cami, I really do. I don't mind Leah Pipes either but sometimes, she can be too much for me. But yeah, unpopular opinion of not hating her...but I do hate Cami/Klaus as a potential couple. Yay for Marcel/Rebekah, though I wonder why she had to leave. I mean, I guess she's going off to find a way to bring Kol back, but I hope she's back by the premiere.

• Love 5

You know purely from these promos alone I hate Cami's ass. Gia was at the very least Elijah's friend. Her body isn't even cool and Cami talking all that mess about Klaus' masterful plan.

Apparently you have to receive a paycheck from the The CW to understand Cami's appeal.

Personally, I find her to be an annoying wet towel....

• Love 2

Great episode, I really enjoyed most of this althpugh, there are a few issues. I'm very hit and miss with Davina. I like her in her relationship with Josh and Marcel but I can't stand this whole anger/hatred for Klaus. Not saying Klaus doesn't deserve it but the actress is too young or just not very good. She just comes off as petulant and annoying rather than interesting. I'm not looking forward to an entire season of Petulant Brat Davina.

I loved Dahlia as the villain she so great and I loved that she was so badass, angry, broken, and so smart. I would have preferred an ending that limited her powers but kept her around as a villain. The idea of Klaus/Dahlia matching wits and taunting each other is so appealing.

I really hate the ships on this show, except Marcel/Rebekah, they're ok but, the other two are just so heavy handed and melodramatic and OMG no one else in the 1000 years I've loved can compare to you...blah, blah blah. I hated the end scenes with Klaus/Cami and I especially hated the Elijah/hayley scene. Oh yes, lets paint them as romantic because obviously Haley didn't just tell Jackson she loved him last week.

I'm also really annoyed that Rebekah is gone, this show needs Rebekah in some form, Freya isn't enough. I'm fine with Freya joining the family but not in place of Rebekah. I do love that Vincent is sticking around, great character, great actor.

Final thought, loved that image of Dahlia/Esther locked in a death embrace and turned to ash, quite beautiful in a very odd way.

• Love 6

Yawn.  

I think the only time my interest was piqued in this episode was when the young and old Dahlia and Esther were embracing, I leaned forward wondering if they would kiss.  I was certain the young ones would, merely curious if the old ones would.  The young ones even went in for a slow hug, tilting their heads.  I held my breath, leaned further forward in my seat, aaaaaaaannnnnnnd nothing.  

Yawn.  

• Love 1

Somehow, my main takeaway from this boring, predictable finale was, "THANK GOD JACKSON IS STILL ALIVE."  I was praying for his demise right until he married Hayley and after Rebekah, he might be my favorite character.  He's just so...normal...and manages to put Hope first without alienating his entire family.  I'd love him and Klaus palling around in season three - they could learn a lot from each other.

RIP Marcel's storyline.  

Cami/Klaus only work in a world where Caroline doesn't exist.  Even without the, "I'm your last love" platitudes, Cami's just Caroline-lite: feisty, blonde, sees right through him and calls him on his crap.  We already watched this for two seasons on TVD, and with an actress JM actually sparked with.  

• Love 1

This season was going so great and then collapsed like a flan in a cupboard. BTS someone seriously miscalculated about who to offer contracts to: Frey and Cami, and Haley, rather than NuKol, NuBekah, Nu Esther. Meh.

I will watch S3, for Yusuf the only good decision that they made, to see him being a mentor for Davina (I doubt he will actually stay away from Magic), and for Elijah because he's Daniel Gillies and I love him forever, but yeah such a let down of a final arc, and when you had Claudia Black that should not be the case.

• Love 3

I smell a timeskip in the next season. The ending was too pat and neatly wrapped up for the time being. I'll be sorry if they switch out the Hope babies, those twins on now are better actors than some of the adult cast.

Also, did anyone get a Frozen-homage-feeling with Dahlia and Esther locked in embrace like that? I actually loved the imagery in both (would totally have a figurine of weeping Elsa draped over Anna if I could find one).

• Love 3

I smell a timeskip in the next season. The ending was too pat and neatly wrapped up for the time being. I'll be sorry if they switch out the Hope babies, those twins on now are better actors than some of the adult cast.

I noticed no cliff-hanger, no sudden appearance of the New Big Bad Evil Villain also.  So I agree, it's a good bet the next time we see Hope she'll be a toddler. 

I can't stand the actress playing Esther, so I'm glad that was a cameo and hopefully the last time we'll ever see her.  Also, hopefully during the time skip Freya will have to body swap so they can get a better actor for her too.

Loved seeing Claire Holt back as Rebeckha. All the Mikaelsons together fighting I always love, miss Kol. I hope they can get him back.

Sad no Jackson, he' become my favorite. Interesting there was so little Hayley. 

Hope not using her magic when she was before is odd.

(edited)

Worked for me on all levels. I too think we are going to get a time hop. Bring on season three. I'm hyped to gleefully see the end of Elena on The Vampire Diaries on Thursday, freaking FINALLY.

Forgot to mention that Dahlia's work around for only having one white oak stake was pretty cool, I thought.

Edited by missbonnie
  • Love 1

I thought Esther's whole raison d'etre was to kill all her kids?

Also, aren't the witches in NOLA functionally immortal, because they practice ancestral magic there? So can't Esther and/or Dahlia just come back, possibly in other bodies? Though hopefully, Dahlia can come back in the same body. I've never seen her in anything else, but now that I've watched her play Dahlia, I understand completely why so many of you guys were excited by TPTB's decision to cast Claudia Black! She's amazing.

Tbh, I kind of fell in love with Dahlia by the end of this episode and am very sorry to see her go. The scene in the meadow was the best part of the episode imo. Though the killing itself was kind of confusing (Klaus stabbed the dagger through Esther *and* Dahlia?) and anticlimactic.

Freya can go, I don't care about her at all. Her personality is just not very interesting, and she doesn't have any history with any of the other characters anyway. Plus, the bedraggled, whiny thing that she's (constantly) got going on just gets on my nerves. That's similar to Klaus, but Klaus has that whole ~theatrical~ schtick, where he's always practically leaping into the room wearing a cape and twirling his mustache, and that self-awareness and silliness (which Freya doesn't have) keeps him from being completely tiresome imo.

Though Klaus was boring the hell out of me throughout most of this particular episode. And WTF was that last scene with Cami? I don't want to dislike her, I don't even know why I dislike her because nothing's objectively wrong with her (per se), but blehhhhhhh I really don't need to see ANY more of her. And this ~romance~ between her and Klaus is ludicrous. He JUST murdered Gia, practically in front of Cami. And yet Cami is still interested in him? OMG go back to your psych studies, Cami, you need it. Their whole relationship is so off-putting and inexplicable and I just don't understand why she's on the show (except as a completely inappropriate love interest for Klaus, natch).

Too bad that Marcel is practically a non-character at this point, and didn't even get a real resolution during that "bedtime story" that Klaus was telling Hope. I like Marcel as a character, and I like the actor, but he NEVER has a freaking storyline. Maddening.

I love that Hayley is now a cursed Crescent wolf. Horrible of me, I know. But her fate is just so fitting imo. She was so eager to find her "family" that she slaughtered plenty of people just to get the tiniest drop of information on them. Well, now she's really part of the pack! Cursed right along with the rest of them!

Her supposed romance with Elijah just doesn't make sense to me because they have zero chemistry and have never even seemed all that close as friends that I can remember.

I thought it was kind of funny that she was pressuring Elijah to go back and try to be a father-figure to Hope, though, so that Hope wouldn't grow up "only knowing" Klaus. I hope that you guys are right and there's somewhat of a time-jump between this season and the next, because although I LOVE the little twins who play Hope now (they're some of my favorite actors on the show!), it would be more interesting to see everyone actually interacting with and trying to raise a kid who's old enough to have a personality and at least some agency, rather than just passing around and talking over a silent baby/doll.

If the show wants to explore Cami/Klaus, just do it already, have Cami realize it could never work, and break it off. I like the idea of Cami, I really do. I don't mind Leah Pipes either but sometimes, she can be too much for me. But yeah, unpopular opinion of not hating her...but I do hate Cami/Klaus as a potential couple. 

Agreed. I love what the relationship between Cami and Klaus does to Klaus, I really do. It gives his characters more layers, and helps us see behind the mask. My problem is that this relationship does not do anything to Cami. I like Cami on paper, and I like the idea of her, but somehow she falls flat as a character.

When we saw Klaus and Caroline on TVD back in the day, every scene those two shared together was equally about the two of them.

For example, their first scene together that kickstarted Klaroline, when he heals her from a werewolf bite on her birthday. What happens in that scene is important for both characters:

Caroline is a newbie vampire and feeling depressed because she'll get the life she thought she'd had, Klaus is 1000 years old and has been around for so long that up until he walks into her room, he sees her as collateral damage. When he talks about being a vampire, and how she can have ANY life she wants, she just has to want it, you can tell he's making an emotional connection for the first time in forever (probably since Marcel), and more importantly, HE GIVES HER A CHOICE. He doesn't force her to drink his blood so he can stop feeling guilty. He sees right through her and lays her options right in front of her.

I don't recall a single scene between Cami and Klaus that had such weight, or that could even get something so grand happening to Cami. I feel like they've made her the Sookie Stackhouse, a girl in her twenties discovering that she just might be drawn to darkness and iinlove with a monster'

I think the reason is that Caroline was already established as a character when Klaus came along. Where as Cami, was introduced as a love interest from the beginning, and is defined by this. Aside from her uncle's story last season, this is the only purpose she serves. 

Which brings me to something else that bothers the hell out of me on this show, the fairytale. I get that they do this with Hope, she's a baby and parents tell fairytales to their children all the time. I just don't see how it fits in on the show's larger scale (tying everything back to the fairytale) AND to Cami's Fell In Love With A Monster.

I hope they will drop it in season 3.

Also, did anyone get a Frozen-homage-feeling with Dahlia and Esther locked in embrace like that? I actually loved the imagery in both (would totally have a figurine of weeping Elsa draped over Anna if I could find one).

Totally!

I just thought it was rather undermining as a whole. They Made Dahlia such a powerful unbeatable villain, and Klaus was able to figure out that the only way to get to her was to hit her where it hurt. I don't know, I like it on paper, but the way it played out, I couldn't help but feel it could have been more interesting.

I don't mind that they closed the chapter with this finale. I'm guessing there will be a time jump, and next season will kick off with a new arc. 

(edited)

Apparently you have to receive a paycheck from the The CW to understand Cami's appeal.

IDK, I like her. Should I be getting an extra paycheck this month? (I could really use it! Lol)

This season was going so great and then collapsed like a flan in a cupboard. BTS someone seriously miscalculated about who to offer contracts to: Frey and Cami, and Haley, rather than NuKol, NuBekah, Nu Esther. Meh.

Didn't all of those actors/actresses get their pilots greenlighted? And NuKol never wanted to be attached to the show. The actor said from the begining that he only wanted to be temporary.

I actually didn't mind the finale. Only wish Dahlia (and Esther) could've stayed instead of being killed off. It'd be interesting to see characters that are mostly nuetral but also mildly antagonistic.

Davina got on my very last nerve with all her Kol pontificating. You knew him for what? A month? And suddenly you know him so well? What Vincent told her was very true; for all of Kol's wiley ways, when push comes to shove, he is a Mikaelson first. And he can be every bit the bastard Klaus is.

Edited by Gwen-Stacys
  • Love 4
(edited)

I noticed no cliff-hanger, no sudden appearance of the New Big Bad Evil Villain also.  So I agree, it's a good bet the next time we see Hope she'll be a toddler. 

I can't stand the actress playing Esther, so I'm glad that was a cameo and hopefully the last time we'll ever see her.  Also, hopefully during the time skip Freya will have to body swap so they can get a better actor for her too.

I believe they're setting Davina up as the next Big Bad.  We have her anger at Klaus and now all of the Mikaelsons because Kol was so awesome and never used her at all (really?).  We also had Vincent dropping that line to Cami about Davina having the potential to be the Biggest Baddest Witch around (just like his ancestors).  Then we have the final image of Davina doing witchy stuff her her coven while Klaus does his V.O.

Davina got on my very last nerve with all her Kol pontificating. You knew him for what? A month? And suddenly you know him? What Vincent told her was very true; for all of Kol's wiley ways, when push comes to shove, he is a Mikaelson first. And he can be every bit the bastard Klaus is.

I agree.  My guess is that Davina has built up this childish idealized version or Kol and is stubbornly insisting that she loves him and I guess he loves her and blah, blah, blah.  What's funny is that in the end, when Kol was dying, his great love was for his family.  In his last moments all he wanted was to be a Mikaelson and to have Klaus/Rebekah/Elijah love him and include him in their little group rather than being the annoying tag along sibling (so to speak).

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
(edited)

As much as I like both actresses who play Rebekah, I am glad that Rebekah didn't cave in and jump back onto Team Klaus. He has been telling her what to do for so long that I want her to get out of New Orleans so she can be independent and not worry about Klaus killing the next guy she makes out with. I hope that all of the stuff that has happened in the last few episodes shows Klaus that being self appointed dictator for life is not good for his relationship with his siblings and that he realizes he needs to treat them like siblings and equals instead of insubordinates and servants.

Ever since Esther was introduced back on TVD, her goal has been to kill her kids. So why did she suddenly decide this week that she wanted to save her children instead of helping Dahlia kill them?

I like Vincent so much more now that he isn't Finn, who I found to be too one note. Cami usually bores me, but I liked the scene of her and Finn psychoanalyzing each other, accusing each other, and commiserating together.

Ha, I thought that Davina wouldn't start hating the Mikaelsons and actively trying to destroy them until next season but I'm fine with starting that storyline now. She already hated Klaus but now she has turned against the rest of them for tricking her into wasting her chance to bring back Kol on lame Esther.

I hope that Davina and Marcel can maintain their friendship because I like them together. It will be interesting to see if she ends up completely turning against all vampires (although at this point, the only ones she doesn't hate are Kol, Josh, and Marcel).

While I agree that Davina's whole "I know Kol sooooo well and I love him and I'm going to bring him back" thing is a bit much, especially considering that in real time she knew him for maybe a month or so, I can kind of understand it because she is a teenager. Wasn't she supposed to be 15 when the harvest ceremony took place? So at most she's 17 now? I mean, honestly, I remember what it was like to be that age and think every guy was the be-all, end-all.

And if we're going to criticize Davina for being totally obsessed about Kol after such a short amount of time, didn't Josh and Aiden know each other for about the same amount of time? I think the difference is that Josh isn't canonizing Aiden as some saint. He knew that Aiden wasn't perfect and that he had made some mistakes in the short time that they knew each other while Davina seems to be idealizing Kol and conveniently forgetting some of the shady things he did in the short time that she knew him.

I do agree that Kol is selfish and will always put himself before Davina or even anyone in his family (heh, I guess that makes him the Katherine of this show), so she needs to be careful not to put too much faith or trust into him.

I have been tired of Hayley and the woofs for a long time so I would be fine with them staying cursed and in the bayou for a while.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Well other than Rebekah leaving NO and that asshole Klaus with her Original body and what looks like Vincent choosing to stick around and keep an eye on/mentor Davina and her Mikaelson-family-hating self, that was shit. I even eyerolled at my beloved Elijah apparently still under Hayley's thrall by doing what she asked re: Hope. Because of that now Klaus will not be totally alone, which he totally deserves.

It's too bad it looks like we have seen the last of Dahlia, loved her and CB, of course. Here's to hoping that Marcel, Davina and Vincent will give Klaus the middle finger next season and make his life a living hell.

(edited)

It was an okay season finale. Things I liked

1.As much as I like Claire I'm glad Maise will be in the role next season. At least  she's committed to the Job/Role. Unlike Claire. It was my fear that if she took the role back we'd only get Rebekah here and there or a shitty replacement. Since Rebekah is my favorite character I'm looking forward to next season.

2.Dahlia being the bad-ass that she is/was. What she did with the white oak stake was freaking epic. She was great. She will be missed

3.No Haley or Jackson was great.

Things I hated

1. That neither Cami nor Freya met their end this episode. Still Hate them both.

2.No Josh in this episode.

3.Original Kol didn't get resurrected.

4.No big cliffhanger.

Wow I didn't realize how bad OG Esther's actress was until this episode. Shame when a replacement does it better. Guess not everyone can be Claire and Maise. smh. 

Edited by Cocidius

Did anyone else notice how Haley came back to her human form in full make up and hair?

Also, it wasn't a full moon so how exactly did she come back to her human form? Or did that scene happen after a few weeks of the battle?

You know what I find funny and telling of Klaus as a character? That even with Dahlia gone, he won't reverse the Crescent Moon curse on the wolves. We know Klaus, in the past, has been resourceful. The first time we were introduced to Klaus (for those who haven't watch The Vampire Diaries), he was not introduced as Joseph Morgan. He was body jumping with the help of a witch. What happened to all that, by the way? Because apparently he could do it with a witch and had the allies and now he's utterly alone, like what? But anyway, we know he can easily get a witch to turn the wolves (or at least just Hayley) back. Yet...he won't. Not that I'm complaining, because I much rather have Hayley permanently stuck in wolf form so we only see her once in a while. But it goes to show where his priorities lie and how he would rather Hope have no mother except on one night a month, than reverse what he has done for the good of his daughter. It's just really interesting because the threat is over and Hayley doesn't have to stay in wolf form anymore. 

And honestly, no matter what Hayley has done, two parents are better than just one. Klaus is just doing what Hayley was trying to do, and that's taking her away from her other parent. It's like a custody battle, where Klaus has sole custody and will only allow Hayley to see her own child once a month. It's just interesting to see how similar Klaus and Hayley are, and where their priorities lie when it comes to their daughter. They want the best for her, but it doesn't include the other parent in their eyes.

• Love 2

That was somewhat lackluster. Then again, they made Dahlia so powerful, it pretty much had to be a left-field-save to defeat her. Guess Esther is hardcore about getting to be the only one to kill her kids. 

Turning the Son-of-White-Oak-stake into ash and nearly choking them all with it was inspired. Dahlia was a great, albeit  short-lived villain.

What I did like was them working together in the end, Elijah tossing the knife to Klaus to kill Dahlia. It was just a short moment but Vincent was completely right with his analogy. "Me against my brother....my brother and I against the infidel" That is how it will always be, I think. At least during the show`s run.

I would say Klaus managed to alienate Elijah in ways he never did before but when they were introduced during TVD, Elijah was ready to kill him dead so I presume they will make up next Season. However, Klaus did appear to realize what this battle cost him in terms of his family. Though, things with Rebekah don`t seem nearly as bad as when she left town in Season 1. .

Davina should consider herself lucky she didn`t resurrect Kol because that is the only way she can hold on to her fantasy of "angel of the Mikaelson family". Kol occasionally rivaled Klaus in ruthlessness.

Didn`t really miss Hailey and the wolves. What I can`t figure out is why Elijah wouldn`t do something about it. I mean, he doesn`t have to wait for Klaus, he could try finding a witch himself, ask Marcel about the curse and all. 

• Love 2

And if we're going to criticize Davina for being totally obsessed about Kol after such a short amount of time, didn't Josh and Aiden know each other for about the same amount of time? I think the difference is that Josh isn't canonizing Aiden as some saint. He knew that Aiden wasn't perfect and that he had made some mistakes in the short time that they knew each other while Davina seems to be idealizing Kol and conveniently forgetting some of the shady things he did in the short time that she knew him.

Wasn't it hinted that Joah and Aiden were at least talking long before they were seen together on screen? Like they met through a dating app or something? (am I getting them mixed up with someone else?). And I guess my thing with Josh and Aiden was that they were actually a healthy, functioning relationship where they acknowledged each other's faults and forgave them. Not to mention, they were fairly honest and open with each other (Aiden even confided in Josh in regards to Klaus and the deal he had with him.). While Kol was introduced to Davina under his mother's command and lied/stole/tricked her more times than I can count on one hand in just the first few episodes of the season. She even straight up watched him lie to his sister's face and trick her into a body simply because she got him daggered almost 100 years prior. And then she has the nerve to say that Kol is nothing like his conniving siblings? Like...really?

Though I did laugh when Rebekah judo chopped her in the throat.

• Love 2

I'm easily pleased so I liked that finale. 

Regarding Esther saving the children she spent I don't know how long trying to kill : I'm not sure it was about them, it was about her sister losing herself in hatred because of her and what mess she herself made centuries ago when she turned on Dahlia. She chose lust (or love if you're a romantic) and protection for herself over her blood causing all the pain and suffering surrounding her at that moment. She crushed Dahlia, she sold her first born because of that, she created monsters because of that and she became one because of that. 

When she embraced Dahlia to die, in her mind she saved both their souls, wanted to stop this cycle of violence and offered her the peace she previously found in death I think, or something like that.

Or maybe I read to much into it at that moment and it was just a severe case of writers memory loss regarding their characters!

Anyway, I'll miss Dahlia, she was a great great villain and like others stated before me here, the thing with the stake was super mega awesomely badass. 

• Love 3

It wasn't bad but a couple of things are bothering and I'm realizing they are in the same vein.

Thing 1: I am so done with Davina mourning Kol like she is his widow of 50 years AND having the nerve to pull rank on her grieving.  Every single Michaelson AND Marcel has had to tell her that they in fact knew Kol longer and better than she ever did.  Girl, go sit down!

Thing 2:  Elijah, Rebekkah, et al daggering Klaus and the fallout thereof.  Don't get me wrong, Klaus deserves a good dagger time out, just on GP.  However this whole thing bothered me because if Klaus has only one good aspect to his character it is his love for his children (I include Marcel as his son).  I would NEVER think to go above or around him in that regard.  I would sit back and watch the show.  Klaus can be maniacally ruthless because it's Tuesday.  I'd never doubt the wrath that would come from him on behalf of his baby.  I didn't like that betrayal and it is the reason he ended up having to work around them, thus causing all that "collateral damage" (Gia and Wolfpack).

I guess I get bothered when people pull rank on love.  Perhaps if Davina would relax for a moment, she'd find out that Freya has the ability to raise the dead - without a spiteful coven.  Freya can bring back her own brother - the sibling she hasn't met yet.   Perhaps if Elijah and Co had sat with Klaus for a sec, they'd have discovered he had a plan A and a plan B, all the way to Z - because that is his daughter.

Otherwise it was good enough.  Good to see Claire but bad to say goodbye to both Rebekkahs.

• Love 4

Regarding Esther saving the children she spent I don't know how long trying to kill : I'm not sure it was about them, it was about her sister losing herself in hatred because of her and what mess she herself made centuries ago when she turned on Dahlia.

That was my interpretation as well, she wasn't so much  moved by her children dying (though she only wanted the vampire children dead NOT Freya). Plus most recently she had decided she wanted them mortal, not dead.

Didn't all of those actors/actresses get their pilots greenlighted? And NuKol never wanted to be attached to the show.

That's entirely the point, they pursued pilot season because they had not been offered regular status, such as Yusuf was. And yeah I don't believe that about Daniel, at all, I think he's full of shit as much as Arrow is about  HUGE STAR Colton Haynes only wanting to be short term. BULL. SHIT. The end result for me as viewer who loved DS's Kol and MSR Rebekah, is that I have neither of them to look forward to, and an entire season of terrible actress Freya to look forward to? Naw.

Yeah, Davina's obsession with Kol is getting to be more of a nuisance than endearing for me. As much as I liked Kol, I just don't get it with Davina. Yes, she is a teenage girl still and I have to remind myself about that. But....she's seen and heard about what he's done. And then she just plows over ALL OF THAT INFORMATION and pretends like that information isn't relevant. She hates the Mikaelsons, but she has blinders when it comes to Kol. I remember even after the Kol reveal, she still called him Kaleb for two or three episodes after that! Everyone, including Marcel, tells her about how they've known Kol all these years and she still feels like she pulls rank because she's trying to bring him back. Part of me really wants Kol to come back and then tells her that being dead has made him think and he has decided to live his life away from New Orleans and away from Davina. That would probably earn him a major headache. 

It's just frustrating because no matter how much I enjoyed Davina/Kol, I know that they're not actually right for each other and I don't want them to be endgame in any way. She needs a new hobby that isn't her obsession with Kol. Like, girl, sit your ass down and re-evaluate your life choices and goals. 

I like Kol as a character and I would love for him to come back because for a show called "Originals" we are once again terribly short on such family members. But I would give him and Davina two weeks, tops, before she realized he is a Mikaelson through and through.

Also, according to her dialogue, she did realize that she would bring him back in his original (that pun never gets old) body but has she even tried to find a picture? Or I`m sure Klaus painted a portrait at some point? How will she know if she likes the new, old Kol? Did she just look at  Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah and go "I believe in the gene pool of this family, at least beauty-wise"? Not that that wouldn`t be valid.

I think if they wanted to completely mindfuck this family, they would somehow bring back Henrick?Heinrich? The little boy who got killed by the wolves. He would only know them as human and they probably all adored him. Klaus at least was heartbroken in that flashback where he died. It would be so funny to see everyone try to be on their best behaviour for that poor kid.  

• Love 2
(edited)

For the people who keep on saying that Rebekah won't be back next season. Question: have you never seen a season finale or am I missing something? Because characters always leave and come back in the season premiere. So all these "I'll miss" are pointless.

Ugh hopefully Freya's actress will improve next season.

and P.S Daniel Gillies is still doing two shows. So I'm pretty sure the rest can manage as well.

Edited by Cocidius
  • Love 1

For the people who keep on saying that Rebekah won't be back next season. Question: have you never seen a season finale or am I missing something? Because characters always leave and come back in the season premiere. So all these "I'll miss" are pointless.

Ugh hopefully Freya's actress will improve next season.

and P.S Daniel Gillies is still doing two shows. So I'm pretty sure the rest can manage as well.

I'm going to reply in the Speculation with Spoilers thread, just in case these things are spoilery.

and P.S Daniel Gillies is still doing two shows. So I'm pretty sure the rest can manage as well.

Actually, he's not anymore. His character was written off of Saving Hope for their finale a couple of months ago, because he couldn't handle the traveling back and forth anymore. I can imagine how tough it would be. But if he can handle if for three years, anyone can, especially when both shows were filmed in different countries.

Actually, he's not anymore. His character was written off of Saving Hope for their finale a couple of months ago, because he couldn't handle the traveling back and forth anymore. I can imagine how tough it would be. But if he can handle if for three years, anyone can, especially when both shows were filmed in different countries.

Right and it'd be a safe bet to keep the gig they already know will be safe. Just in case their shows flop.

(edited)

It's usually not a question of whether the actors can handle it as much as a question of what their contracts and filming schedules allow.

This is for your other response as well. I agree with everything you said. However being a regular on The Originals unless you're Joseph or Daniel means absolute shit. Hell this season alone proved that. My original point was we're going to get her back in one form or another. Most likely with Maise although she'd likely have to stay on recurring status.. Which is smart on her part since she's doing movies.

As long as I get a decent amount of Bex I don't care what her status is. .  

Edited by Cocidius
  • Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, Davina's obsession with Kol is getting to be more of a nuisance than endearing for me. As much as I liked Kol, I just don't get it with Davina. Yes, she is a teenage girl still and I have to remind myself about that. But....she's seen and heard about what he's done. And then she just plows over ALL OF THAT INFORMATION and pretends like that information isn't relevant. She hates the Mikaelsons, but she has blinders when it comes to Kol. I remember even after the Kol reveal, she still called him Kaleb for two or three episodes after that! Everyone, including Marcel, tells her about how they've known Kol all these years and she still feels like she pulls rank because she's trying to bring him back. Part of me really wants Kol to come back and then tells her that being dead has made him think and he has decided to live his life away from New Orleans and away from Davina. That would probably earn him a major headache. 

It's just frustrating because no matter how much I enjoyed Davina/Kol, I know that they're not actually right for each other and I don't want them to be endgame in any way. She needs a new hobby that isn't her obsession with Kol. Like, girl, sit your ass down and re-evaluate your life choices and goals. 

You know, reading this I came to an absolutely horrible realization... Davina is now The Originals' equivalent of Elena Gilbert! Davina ignores anything and everything about her new beau anything less than perfect no matter how much of a homicidal maniac he is, bends over backwards to help him even if it will cause far far more damage to everyone in the most impulsive manner possible, lacks anything resembling patience, pretends she has this moral high ground that justifies that behavior, all while whining Kol this and Kol that and throwing a temper tantrum if she doesn't get her way immediately. Really, the similarities in the characters are striking.

No. Just... please no. Please have Davina come to her senses and fast before she goes down a path plenty of people have seen already and fewer want to see again.

Edited by immortalfrieza

Ugh, was not a fan of this finale.  I wish they would just make up their minds with Klaus and make him evil or not evil, but stop being so wishy-washy on how evil he actually is.  If he's just a bad guy, let him be a bad guy!

Totally agree with the comments about Esther and how it makes ZERO sense that she would try to save the children she's been trying to kill for the past thousand years (or however long it's been since she changed her mind about them).  I could MAYBE see her want to save Freya though since Freya isn't a vampire.  But they definitely made it seem like she gave a crap about her other children, which makes no sense.

Also, maybe it's because I'm a mom, but I'm totally bummed that Hope has been separated from her mother AGAIN.  I don't see how this will ever have a happy ending because how will Klaus and Hayley ever forgive each other and be able to share custody with Hope like I want??

And I get that Rebekah hates Klaus and all, but she raised Hope for the past 6 months!  How can she just up and leave??  And leave that baby with a monster like Klaus???

What I found very strange was the fairy tale voice over in the end. I know it made sense in terms of a bedtime story for Baby Hope, maybe if they had bookended the season with a similar intro it would have felt less out of place to me. This way, it just felt out of place and like a strange change in tone.

Personally,I found it very amusing that Davina proved pretty much right away why it was a terrible idea to make a hormonal teenager Regent. I think her singular obsession with Kol rang true because it is a very teenage thing to behave like this. I hope Vincent looks forward to his upcoming Regent sitter duties, although I wish they would give him a more meaningful part than a white girl's wise counsel. The character has so much more potential and should be a powerful entity in his own right.

What I found very strange was the fairy tale voice over in the end. I know it made sense in terms of a bedtime story for Baby Hope, maybe if they had bookended the season with a similar intro it would have felt less out of place to me. This way, it just felt out of place and like a strange change in tone.

Heh, all I got out of that fairy tale was that Klaus wants to make himself the hero of the story.

As for Vincent, I liked that he didn't want to be regent and that he didn't want to do anymore magic, but of course he will get sucked back in because of Davina. I guess the show can't think of any other way to keep him around. I supposed I should just be glad that they haven't killed him off or sent him out of town.

• Love 1

although I wish they would give him a more meaningful part than a white girl's wise counsel.

Oh I have no doubt his insistence that he's staying away form Magic is not going to last, he'll be around Davina and will be forced to reign her in/counteract her, and will end up being far more HIS story than hers. I also would rather see Vincent with Cami, they have FAR more chemistry and honestly history than Cami/Klaus. 

(edited)

I like Kol as a character and I would love for him to come back because for a show called "Originals" we are once again terribly short on such family members. But I would give him and Davina two weeks, tops, before she realized he is a Mikaelson through and through.

Also, according to her dialogue, she did realize that she would bring him back in his original (that pun never gets old) body but has she even tried to find a picture? Or I`m sure Klaus painted a portrait at some point? How will she know if she likes the new, old Kol? Did she just look at  Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah and go "I believe in the gene pool of this family, at least beauty-wise"? Not that that wouldn`t be valid.

I think she saw a picture of him in the episode with the flashbacks to the diamond Kol was trying to get. When Rebekkah finds out and ends up telling Klaus what Kol is up to.

I really want to have old Kol back! His relationship with Davina would be so creepy since he's in his early 30s and she's barely 18. Somewhere in the crossover world, Ezra Fitz punches the wall and is not quite sure why.

ETA I'd love to see Kol catching up with modern music again like on TVD.

I wish they address the whole 1000 years old creatures adapting to the present time world. Wouldn't it be delightful if Elijah used Twitter for instance? Or Bekkah using Pinterest? Klaus using Instagram and Tumblr for his paintings? No? It's just me?

Edited by raytch

Didn't the season start out with Rebekah telling hope a bedtime story that basically acted as a recap for the previous season/setup for this one?

• Love 2

Didn't the season start out with Rebekah telling hope a bedtime story that basically acted as a recap for the previous season/setup for this one?

Oh, you're right, but I completely forgot about that. In that case, my bad for not paying very much attention to TV these days... 

IDK, I like her. Should I be getting an extra paycheck this month? (I could really use it! Lol)

I say go for it!

Tell them you’re on a social media site pimping Cami’s character.

Sadly knowing the egos of the Executive producers of this show, you’ll probably only walk away with a signed picture of Julie Plec and coffee mug stating ”I heart Michael Narducci!”   LOL

Eh, maybe Jeremy Gilbert will swing by NOLA on his whirlwind vampire-killing tour and reminisce about Kol with Davina at some point.

"Yeah, he pretended to be my best friend for months on Klaus's orders. Later on he strapped me to a table and tried to chop off both my arms. I mean, he only had to take the one, but he was all about being safe than sorry. Although to be fair to him he was actually kind of on the right track about that. Although I still don't think the arm-chopping was necessary!"

• Love 4

Eh, maybe Jeremy Gilbert will swing by NOLA on his whirlwind vampire-killing tour and reminisce about Kol with Davina at some point.

"Yeah, he pretended to be my best friend for months on Klaus's orders. Later on he strapped me to a table and tried to chop off both my arms. I mean, he only had to take the one, but he was all about being safe than sorry. Although to be fair to him he was actually kind of on the right track about that. Although I still don't think the arm-chopping was necessary!"

That moment was equally horrific and hilarious. "Now which one is it? I can't tell. I'll just chop both of them off but don't worry I'll feed you my blood and heal you right up."

• Love 2