Type keyword(s) to search

You Know You Watch Too Much Supernatural When....

• Start Topic

On 7/2/2018 at 12:33 AM, catrox14 said:

You're at work and a woman comes through the line wearing a tank top and you notice a handprint tattoo on her shoulder and you are tempted to ask if she's an SPN fan.....

I would've assumed she was a Roswell fan.

You're at work and a guy comes through the line wearing a t-shirt and cap that reads "Jensen's Foods" ( which is a competitor grocery store here that is a couple of miles away from our store) and you have to bite your tongue to not make a comment about Jensen. And then have a chuckle that a competitor's employee is buying from us (cause we have crazy cheap prices on good products).

• Love 3

That high pitched sound the angels make, I've been hearing that noise, on and off, for most of my life. Every time I hear it now, I think, the angels are here. I have to wonder if whoever was in charge of this sound effect, hears the same high pitched noise. 

You're at work and a customer comes through wearing a Supernatural t-shirt and you chat about the show and she shows you a pic if her photo op with Mark Sheppard and you just want to leave and go stalk comic Con to see them and are sad that pesky employment matters more!

• Love 3

You're at work helping a customer and you realize he's wearing the same shirt Jensen wore at a con(black button down with little palm trees).....Yes, it's come to that...LOL

• Love 4

You're watching West Side Story and suddenly remember Jensen played Tony in a high school production and now you desperately want to hear him sing the songs from it. 

I bet he was great!

• Love 1

A customer comes through the line buying beer and you ask the customer his birthday for ID purpose and he says Jan 24, 1983 and he hands you his ID and you think..no, it should be January 24, 1979.....

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

A customer comes through the line buying beer and you ask the customer his birthday for ID purpose and he says Jan 24, 1983 and he hands you his ID and you think..no, it should be January 24, 1979.....

That is Jessica’s birthday though! 

ETA: I’m wrong. Superwiki says it’s 1/24/84.

Edited by Jeddah
20 minutes ago, Jeddah said:

That is Jessica’s birthday though! 

ETA: I’m wrong. Superwiki says it’s 1/24/84.

LOL. Well, I don't care about Jessica so I'm not going to remember her birthday.

you're at work and someone has left a key behind on the register and a workmate picks it up and starts talking about finding the lock for the key and you giggle to yourself and can't even begin to explain why it's so funny. 

• Love 3

... you check into an AirBnB (your first, incidentally), and when you lie down on the bed...

spouse: Is this memory foam?

me: I think so. "It remembers me!"

spouse: ?

me: (pulls up the clip on YouTube)

(I didn't realize that the emoji might not show up on all platforms. It's the face with one raised eyebrow and straight mouth that can often be used for "huh?" "you're crazy" or skepticism)

Edited by takalotti
  • Love 3

... you finish watching LEGO Batman with your 4 year old son and have the following conversation:

Son: Why was Batman's family people different from his real family?

Me: Because family don’t end with blood.

• Love 5

I was doing some Christmas Eve baking and passively listening to a crappy movie on the Inspiration channel. A guy told the writer to send the manuscript to Rowena.  He mentioned that a woman like Rowena doesn't like to wait. I started to think about how cool it would be if Rowena had become a publisher and it was actually Ruth Connell playing the role. 

The movie ended and we never saw Rowena. We just heard that she's not one to wait. So it must be her right? Right?

Edited by Commando Cody
  • Love 3

Absolutely, Commando, it has to be her.  And why not. 

Currently watching A Very Supernatural Christmas.  I'm trying not to but I can't help but compare they boys to the men they are now.  Jared was so much better in the early seasons, he had range and gave some depth to  Sam.  Jensen was funny, he made Dean  so lighthearted even in the face of going to hell.  Le sigh. Thank Santa for Netflix.

• Love 2

Started a re-watch of Stranger Things.  When Eleven is in the black watery place, in my head screaming 'It's THE EMPTY!'.  Kept hoping to see Cas in his trenchcoat arguing with himself.  And hoping not to see TerminatorLuci.  

• Love 2

You get an email of Culturefly (home of the quarterly Supernatural boxes) talking about a Nick box and your mind automatically goes “Ok, they’ve finally flipped and are devoting an entire box to Pellegrino.”

• Love 2

You're watching Constantine and when archangel Michael (Tilda Swenson) tries to use the Spear of Destiny on Rachel Weiss, you yell, "Hey, it's the fancy meat fork!" and your family rolls their eyes, because, of course Supernatural. They looked very similar, though.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, trudysmom said:

You're watching Constantine and when archangel Michael (Tilda Swenson) tries to use the Spear of Destiny on Rachel Weiss, you yell, "Hey, it's the fancy meat fork!" and your family rolls their eyes, because, of course Supernatural. They looked very similar, though.

Wow, I'm flattered that my description found its way into your vernacular ;). But I believe it was Gabriel rather than Michael that Tilda Swinton played, which I only know because the film was one of my frequent childhood re-watches. Seems I have a genre type...

You have to book a meeting room in a local hotel for some team building (bleuugghhh!!), the room is called Titanic 2 (hey, I'm in Belfast, we exploit all our dubious connections) and your mind automatically goes to a certain parallel universe where the ship didn't sink.

• Love 1

Your YA son calls to let you know that he's staying over a friend's house and won't be home that night and you thank him for letting you know and then add on that Deanism you remember from recently having re-watched Inside Man- "I trust you. Make good choices."

• LOL 3

I am watching episodes of Alias Smith and Jones this evening. This show always made me happy. I used to stay up late on Friday nights, as a kid, to watch it.

I hadn't seen any episodes since then. I was really kind of excited when I saw a channel running them again. 

I was watching one particular episode. A guy playing poker in a scene looked a tiny bit like Donatello and season two Peter Duel looked a tiny bit like Jared Padalecki with season one Sam hair. 

I couldn't find a clip of the episode, but here is a video of clips of Pete Duel and Ben Murphy. I think I must have a TV type of being very fond of two boys going off on adventures.  I loved Maverick too. Especially when both Bret and Bart were on together in the same episode. 

Edited by Commando Cody