Type keyword(s) to search

You Know You Watch Too Much Supernatural When....

• Start Topic

I saw an article years ago about "turtle underpasses" across roads.  

OTOH, in my neighborhood I've seen coyotes sit by the side of the road and looking in both directions for traffic before crossing a large road.  They're pretty smart.

1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

I saw an article years ago about "turtle underpasses" across roads.  

OTOH, in my neighborhood I've seen coyotes sit by the side of the road and looking in both directions for traffic before crossing a large road.  They're pretty smart.

You might even say they're....Wile E.

I'll be here all week. Tip your servers. 

• Love 11

We've got a couple of Canada Geese that can hold up busy street traffic while they saunter along.  They return every year.  And every year they cause a traffic jam. 

Wildlife crossings are awesome.  I wish they were everywhere.  We are losing our wildlife at an alarming rate.

• Love 4

My wife had surgery yesterday. We got to the hospital at bullshit-thirty, and once she was finally in the OR, I went for a stroll through the building(s). Low and behold, I encounter a room where Charmed is playing.  I haven't slept in days, but I put the pieces together quickly: "Soul Survivor" was the last ep I saw on TNT, so "Fan Fiction" should be airing at 11, and this day can be salvaged if I return to this spot in 3 hours time. Tick, tock, tick, tock ... day becomes night, night becomes day, and ... it's time! I wander the halls, turn after turn, and what do I see?  A life-alert commercial. Then Colonial Penn. Then some other bullshit they only advertise to the 75+ crowd, and my heart sinks. The old people have changed the channel. SONOFABITCH!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, sarthaz said:

My wife had surgery yesterday. We got to the hospital at bullshit-thirty, and once she was finally in the OR, I went for a stroll through the building(s). Low and behold, I encounter a room where Charmed is playing.  I haven't slept in days, but I put the pieces together quickly: "Soul Survivor" was the last ep I saw on TNT, so "Fan Fiction" should be airing at 11, and this day can be salvaged if I return to this spot in 3 hours time. Tick, tock, tick, tock ... day becomes night, night becomes day, and ... it's time! I wander the halls, turn after turn, and what do I see?  A life-alert commercial. Then Colonial Penn. Then some other bullshit they only advertise to the 75+ crowd, and my heart sinks. The old people have changed the channel. SONOFABITCH!

I hope your wife’s recovery is going well, @sarthaz!

And tell those old people to change it back! It’s Supernatural time!

• Love 5
On 4/17/2018 at 10:58 PM, Jeddah said:

I hope your wife’s recovery is going well, @sarthaz!

And tell those old people to change it back! It’s Supernatural time!

Thank you. Long recovery ahead. Worst part is I missed some of the Stynes episodes at her post-op yesterday! (that's totally not the worst part, but gotta stay on topic)

• Love 2

I looked up someone, I saw on TV, because he looked familiar. I saw that he was on an episode of original Charmed. Which made my mind start to wander. It started speculating about a Supernatural / new Charmed crossover.  - I'm not saying that I would want that. I'm just saying that they pretty much hunt the same things. 

59 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

I looked up someone, I saw on TV, because he looked familiar. I saw that he was on an episode of original Charmed. Which made my mind start to wander. It started speculating about a Supernatural / new Charmed crossover.  - I'm not saying that I would want that. I'm just saying that they pretty much hunt the same things. 

But then which character would Misha play?

On 5/18/2018 at 7:12 PM, Commando Cody said:

What a weird crossover that would be. The original Charmed is completely devoid of any masculinity. There are male characters, and they're all very soft-spoken and pretty, but they're all weird milquetoast soap opera caricatures of men. Compare with Supernatural, where the main characters are a muscle car, rock music, a virile manifestation of the divine and this guy:

SamAbs.png

• Love 5

A friend who'd been coughing/etc a lot:  "Sorry to be so sinus-y all night."

Me:  "That's OK, just the cost of doing business in these meat suits."

Friend:  "Haha, you hipster. I've never heard 'meat suit.'"

Me: ?!

Until I realize that nobody does say "meat suit" outside of SPN-talk...

• Love 4

My Tumblr timeline is mostly pretty Supernatural/Marvel/DC pictures.  I know I watch to much Supernatural because when there is just a picture of either Jared or Jensen's face, I know INSTANTLY what show/movie the picture is from. Not necessarily the scene (especially if it's not Supernatural) but alot of times I even get that. But if it is Supernatural I almost always can spot the episode right away. Maybe it takes a little bit of thinking but not much.  And the season?  I know that near-instantly.   

• Love 1

Your binge watching the show Timeless and you notice Cass is playing Eliot Ness and Bobby is playing some evil boss guy.  One scene where evil Bobby on Timelesss yells, "Singer," and some other guy comes over and you realize that it's a shoutout to Supernatural.

• Love 4

I thought I saw Baby today! I was driving on a two lane highway in the middle of nowhere, which is exactly Baby’s type of place! However, when I got closer I realized the car had stripes and was only two-door. Still a good looking car, just not our girl.

• Love 2
On 6/5/2018 at 4:00 PM, bozodegama said:

Your binge watching the show Timeless and you notice Cass is playing Eliot Ness and Bobby is playing some evil boss guy.  One scene where evil Bobby on Timelesss yells, "Singer," and some other guy comes over and you realize that it's a shoutout to Supernatural.

You're watching Timeless, and you realize nearly every plot and character trait was already used on Supernatural.

• Love 2
On 6/8/2018 at 3:43 PM, sarthaz said:

You're watching Timeless, and you realize nearly every plot and character trait was already used on Supernatural.

Yeah, maybe. But the Robert Johnson episode was spot on and cool.  If Robert Johnson's record wasn't recorded or distributed by John Hammond, music wouldn't be the same.  Probably would be no rock and roll, no Dylan, no Stones, no Led Zep.  Kripke was right about that.  Also, the episode had a young Muddy Waters and Bessie Smith.  Maybe next time, Rittenhouse wants to stop Dylan from meeting The Band or The Ramones from going down to CBGB's. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bozodegama said:

Yeah, maybe. But the Robert Johnson episode was spot on and cool.  If Robert Johnson's record wasn't recorded or distributed by John Hammond, music wouldn't be the same.  Probably would be no rock and roll, no Dylan, no Stones, no Led Zep.  Kripke was right about that.  Also, the episode had a young Muddy Waters and Bessie Smith.  Maybe next time, Rittenhouse wants to stop Dylan from meeting The Band or The Ramones from going down to CBGB's. 

Struggled with that episode, because I didn't believe for a second that no one in the cast but Mason would know who Robert Johnson was. Anyway, didn't intend it as a criticism, per se. Even the best writers recycle (Aaron Sorkin used plots and characters from Sports Night in 3 more shows). Just more of a statement on how I've seen Supernatural so many times that not an episode of Timeless goes by where I don't think "oh yeah, they did that in [episode]". I'm sure I'd feel the same if I were watching Octocobra.

• Love 1

You're at work and a young boy about 10 comes through the line with his little brother who seemed to be about 7, and they are buying food, sans adult, with a food card ( food stamps) and the older brother looks at you and says "Kids these days" when his younger brother is indecisive about which candy to buy and  you think "This is Wee Dean and Wee Sam".

• Love 7
On 6/16/2018 at 4:13 AM, catrox14 said:

You're at work and a young boy about 10 comes through the line with his little brother who seemed to be about 7, and they are buying food, sans adult, with a food card ( food stamps) and the older brother looks at you and says "Kids these days" when his younger brother is indecisive about which candy to buy and  you think "This is Wee Dean and Wee Sam".

But did you buy the candy and give it to them with a parting "Carry on, my wayward sons"?

• Love 2
Just now, takalotti said:

But did you buy the candy and give it to them with a parting "Carry on, my wayward sons"?

Heh. I wish I had thought to say that at the time!   The boys used the food card for the candy and I didn't charge them for a reusable bag. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Heh. I wish I had thought to say that at the time!   The boys used the food card for the candy and I didn't charge them for a reusable bag. 

Now you know what to do next time ?

• Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, takalotti said:

If it weren’t for your recent YKYWTMSW post about the Weechester doppelgängers, this would have read differently ?

LOL. I should make it clear I work at a grocery store.  LOL...

ETA: which is not to say I don't 'check out' some of the good looking men that come into the store from time to time.  This was not the case this time though LOL.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3

... you’re on a road trip, a car pulls in front of you with a car top carrier on it, and you immediately think "Aren’t those the Nazi bad guys?" because of the brand name written across the end of the carrier: Thule

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, takalotti said:

... you’re on a road trip, a car pulls in front of you with a car top carrier on it, and you immediately think "Aren’t those the Nazi bad guys?" because of the brand name written across the end of the carrier: Thule

I'm wondering if one of the writers had a hard time with one of those toppers and decided to name the evil Nazi's after them!

... you’re on your iPad, half listening while your in laws watch the 48 Hours about the Jessie Bardwell case, but when they introduce one of the murderer's past girlfriends as Chrissie Chambers, your head whips up.

• Love 1

You (as has just now happened to me), find heat of the moment by Asia unexpectedly on one of your new cds and you start grinning like an idiot and wanting to finger point a la dean.

• Love 2

You're watching a sci-fi show and a nuclear bomb explodes in Lebanon, Kansas and you think - oh no, the bunker! Of course, no one worries about Sam and Dean because we know that even a nuclear bomb can't kill them. LOL

• Love 3

...you're a work and a woman with long blonde hair and is kind of curvy comes through your line and one point says "You betcha" and you have to stop yourself from saying "Donna!!!"

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, takalotti said:

@catrox14, you work in a crazy SPN doppelgänger vortex!

LOL. It's definitely an interesting cross section of humanity that comes into our store. It may also be that I just relate WAY too many things to SPN......

• Love 4

You're at work and a woman comes through the line wearing a tank top and you notice a handprint tattoo on her shoulder and you are tempted to ask if she's an SPN fan.....

And now I do think it IS a weird

11 hours ago, takalotti said:

crazy SPN doppelgänger vortex!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

You're at work and a woman comes through the line wearing a tank top and you notice a handprint tattoo on her shoulder and you are tempted to ask if she's an SPN fan.....

Was it her left shoulder? ??

• Love 1
On 2/5/2018 at 6:18 PM, Commando Cody said:

On 2/5/2018 at 5:54 PM, catrox14 said:

You need to tweet at Mark Shepard and tell him you adopted a cat named Mr. Crowley. I think he would get a kick out of that.

That's a good idea. Maybe I will when I get a good picture of him. 

Totally random, but did you ever get a good pic and send the tweet?

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

Yes I did. I didn't get a response though. 

That's too bad. Maybe it was just bad timing with his less-than-ideal departure from the role. Still a great story. Will you share the pic here? *puppy eyes for the kitty cat*

• Love 2
12 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

That's too bad. Maybe it was just bad timing with his less-than-ideal departure from the role. Still a great story. Will you share the pic here? *puppy eyes for the kitty cat*

Sure. No problem. 

MrCrowley.jpg

• Love 3