Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E22: Plea

Regarding whether Madeleine Stowe was "lying" in her interviews, what I see is some carefully evasive answers. Though, without actual recordings or transcripts of the full interviews, it's hard to make a definite determination, one way or another.  I touch on this more in the Spoilers thread, since the interviews may still contain some spoilers for the finale.

I saw an interview with Elena Satine in which she was denying that there was going to be a spinoff show.  Has anybody heard about a spinoff?

When I saw White Gold stab Ben in the back, my first thought was that that was Mason Treadwell in drag.  :D

There's a pilot being filmed called "Kingmakers" which is coyly being couched as a spinoff.  When Jack's friend was brought in to help frame Margeaux, I thought the character might be a future tie-in.

My heart soared with joy when I saw Tom Amandes and Emily van Camp together again. Dr. Abbott and Amy!! Shoutout to all the Everwood people who know what I am talking about.

Must've brought back memories of what a good show is like for Emily.

Okay, enough with the nice words. I can’t wait until this shitfest is over. I am beyond sick of everyone triumphing over Emily. I’d love it if Margaux died a painful death, but at this point I’ll just be glad it’s over.

Same, it's the least they can do after having to endure her character.

• Love 2

The episode was absurd.  First of all Emily/Amanda  is the only person I know who gets arrested and somehow gets her hair cut and blown out in jail.  Her hair really looked good.  Louise, mooning and crying over Victoria, are the writers kidding.  A few weeks earlier she called her a phony and threw her and her muffin basket out of her house. Seeing Charlotte again made me realize that David has not really given a crap about her or mentioned her since she went away and neither has Emily.   David collapsing in jail. Ben being assigned to Emily.  Everything was just so contrived.  Think I am glad it's over next week.  I couldn't stand another season of Margeaux and zombie Victoria.  

• Love 3

I also was guessing that Victoria was alive until the lying interview. Irritates me- there was no reason to lie about being dead.

Why did Ben have to die? Sick of Victoria and now her annoying minion getting the upper hand on everyone. Both bitches along with crazy White Gold better be dead next week.

• Love 1

I really have been kind of watching this show and sort of paying attention. When did I miss White Gold and who the hell is she please?

Not good enough apparently. I'm shocked how many fans did miss her. She was the assasin Margaux met in a garage to cancel the hit she ordered on Amanda. I think it was in 'Clarity'.

It was a scene that lasted one minute but still, so many fans missed it.

Not good enough apparently. I'm shocked how many fans did miss her. She was the assasin Margaux met in a garage to cancel the hit she ordered on Amanda. I think it was in 'Clarity'.

I think the only viewers who noticed were the ones that were all, "WTF?! Courtney Love?!"

• Love 4

The episode was absurd.  First of all Emily/Amanda  is the only person I know who gets arrested and somehow gets her hair cut and blown out in jail.  Her hair really looked good.  Louise, mooning and crying over Victoria, are the writers kidding.  A few weeks earlier she called her a phony and threw her and her muffin basket out of her house. Seeing Charlotte again made me realize that David has not really given a crap about her or mentioned her since she went away and neither has Emily.   David collapsing in jail. Ben being assigned to Emily.  Everything was just so contrived.  Think I am glad it's over next week.  I couldn't stand another season of Margeaux and zombie Victoria.  

Same here, especially if they thought they could squeeze out another season of this nonsense.

• Love 2

I also was guessing that Victoria was alive until the lying interview. Irritates me- there was no reason to lie about being dead.

All carefully plotted by ABC. Everything connected to Revenge (outside of the show) has reeked of desperation since January in a failed attempt to draw ANY attention to the series.

• Love 2

Did I miss something--how was Victoria able to stage her own death using another body?  Didn't Ben say that the body's dental records matched Victoria's?  What did she do switch out dentures??

• Love 3

Did I miss something--how was Victoria able to stage her own death using another body?  Didn't Ben say that the body's dental records matched Victoria's?  What did she do switch out dentures??

Knowing Victoria, she was able to substitute the dead woman's dental records with her own. I can just see the memo put out to her goons ("get me a dead female body, must have perfect teeth").

• Love 2

All carefully plotted by ABC. Everything connected to Revenge (outside of the show) has reeked of desperation since January in a failed attempt to draw ANY attention to the series.

They tried killing off major characters, brought back David Clarke,just about every plot twist imagineable, etc.  It hasn't worked and it's no wonder because many people already stopped caring about the series and this season hasn't brought in much confidence at all.

Didn't Margaux first share a scene with her at an art gallery or something? Or am I thinking of a totally different show? But either way, Courtney Love's previous appearance was really brief. Her code name is hilariously bad. Is she supposed to be an Austin Powers villain?

It's a testament to how pointless and uninteresting her character is that many people didn't notice, to the rest, it was just a pointless Courtney Love appearance in a role that could've been played by any random extra.

• Love 3

I loved everwood so I loved seeing the dad come back as Emily's lawyer! And am I the only one who doesn't want Amanda to have a happy ending?? Like Jacks mom said, she's a train wreck. And then she has the nerve to act all put put when Ben won't trust her ( rip Ben!). So over her. I have watched since the beginning and will most def watch the finale, but mostly I'm just glad it's over.

• Love 1

Good enough penultimate episode. Set up enough stuff for the finale.

Victoria's plan for faking her death was pretty convoluted but I loved the way that Emily got her information. Margaux is a laughably bad villain. Just terrible, isn't she?

Nice to see Louise finally having some doubts about her guardian angel as well. Hopefully she'll be on the other side (ie Emily/Nolan) in the finale.

Charlotte was the most likeable she's ever been. Smart girl not wanting to get involved in everything.

David will be dead by next week. Ben getting killed here was a little surprising but worked well enough, 7/10

• Love 1

And am I the only one who doesn't want Amanda to have a happy ending??

No, you are not the only one!  Gah Amanda has bugged the piss out of me since season 2.  I can't stand her selfish, judge all and no one judges me attitude!  And it bothers me even more when Jack & Nolan stand up for her--why because she had tough childhood, big friggin deal!  This is one of the main, central problems with this show--an unlikeable lead character.  Main characters having undesirable characteristics works great on well written shows like Breaking Bad but here...gah I just want her to die.  =(

• Love 1

It doesn't bother me that Madeleine Stowe "lied" about Victoria being dead.  It's a television show she was talking about, not state secrets or something.  The lie was probably all part of the plan and it worked very well since pretty much everyone (including me!) believed it.

• Love 2
Courtney Love is pretty terrible. It would have been so awesome if White Gold were played by Michelle Pfeiffer.

I see what you did there. :)

At least Ems can't be framed for Ben's murder, since she's locked up.  OR CAN SHE??????  sigh.

• Love 1

It was gratifying to see a Charlotte who was completely over Victoria. Sober Charlotte is kind and compassionate. Nice of the writers to give her a happy ending.

Ben seemed extra attractive this week. That's how I knew he was going to die. Then Louise gave him the hoodie and I figured that was that.

I am not mad at Louise. Her loyalty to Victoria is baffling, but all of her actions are due to her beliefs, even if they are wrong and/or delusional. When she had suspicions, she went straight to the police.

So Margaux takes out a straight up hit on a cop. What made her think that Ben hadn't already written a report on his conversation with Emily and placed the hoodie into evidence, again with a report, and discussed it with his colleagues, and reported to his superiors that he was going to the morgue and the Gaines house and taking backup? No, she correctly assumed he would do everything in secret.

Even if Margaux hadn't been awful already, her reaction to being asked to open her purse after setting off the alarm would make me hate her.

I haven't seen the promo, so sorry if what I say is contradicted by that. By definition, the two graves refer to the revenger and the revengee. It wouldn't make sense if it's the revenger and his/her partner and the revengee lives. Also, technically the Official Revenge TM is his, not Amanda's. If David is really terminal, he's got nothing to lose. Why not take out Victoria on his way out?

Margaux is A!

• Love 3

RIP, Ben. I did not see that coming. Another death on Victoria's head (and Margaux). I thought Margaux was going to have Louise killed.

I thought that phone call she made toward the end as Louise walked away, saying she needed someone's services again, was her ordering a hit on Louise. Could have been wrong, though.

No, you are not the only one!  Gah Amanda has bugged the piss out of me since season 2.  I can't stand her selfish, judge all and no one judges me attitude!  And it bothers me even more when Jack & Nolan stand up for her--why because she had tough childhood, big friggin deal!  This is one of the main, central problems with this show--an unlikeable lead character.  Main characters having undesirable characteristics works great on well written shows like Breaking Bad but here...gah I just want her to die.  =(

I still like Amanda and do want her to have a happy ending.  I don't think she's going to get it, though.  I think it will end with her and Nolan basically standing in a pile of rubble.

• Love 2

I still like Amanda and do want her to have a happy ending.  I don't think she's going to get it, though.  I think it will end with her and Nolan basically standing in a pile of rubble.

Everyone seems to be predicting that the show will end with Amanda paying for all the collateral damage.  I hope the writers surprise us (me) one last time and end with a twist.  But I want her to come out on top!

• Love 6
(edited)

I was not happy to see the hag 'white gold' again.  There are plenty of psycho villains who were already established characters who would have been more fun in that shocking reveal--Lydia, Ashley, or Kara Clarke, for instance... 

I'm glad Louise started to wise up, but I think Margeewww may be slipping her some drugs, because I don't know when the hell Victoria ever stood by her at all--as I recall it was Nolan and Emily who liberated her from being drugged, imprisoned and robbed blind by her family.  When Louise approached Victoria outside of the psych ward, she pretty much snubbed her...What a waste of a character to have her end up like this.  

Charlotte seemed really different, which makes sense; I'm glad she isn't investing anything in what's going on in the hamptons.  I guess by charity she means some charitable organization who will sell Victoria's belongings for a hefty profit; not a thrift shop...

I hope Nolan's boyfriend comes back next episode; it was a really pointless plot if that's the end of it all.  Unless they plan to bring Patrick back next episode and have the two of them end up together (which would be kind of creepy..)   

So David's going to be dead from cancer anyway?  Bringing him back really served a purpose then.  I wonder if he is going to try to confess to Victoria's murder himself in order to get her off...    I hope this is a two hour finale and that Victoria really, 100% dies this time, and Margeewww too.

I hope the fakeouts are over and we'll get a really satisfying ending for Amanda...

Edited by Glade
  • Love 1
So David's going to be dead from cancer anyway?  Bringing him back really served a purpose then.  I wonder if he is going to try to confess to Victoria's murder himself in order to get her off...    I hope this is a two hour finale and that Victoria really, 100% dies this time, and Margeewww too.

Yup, it's been a waste of time.  He actually served more of a purpose dead than alive.

I hope the fakeouts are over and we'll get a really satisfying ending for Amanda...

It is ending, so even if they try to shoehorn in anymore pointless fakeouts, it will already be over.

• Love 2

I enjoyed this episode because for once it seemed Amanda wasn't in complete control of the circumstances.   How nice that a genuine  element of risk made a cameo appearance before the series finale.

Where am I going to get my weekly fix of Madeline Stowe now?