Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E04: Kit Harington, Matt LeBlanc, Rebel Wilson, Mumford & Sons

• Start Topic

Graham Norton presents his talk show. He is joined by Game of Thrones star Kit Harington, appearing in spy thriller Spooks: The Greater Good; Friends star Matt LeBlanc, starring in the new season of Episodes; Australian actress Rebel Wilson, discussing Pitch Perfect 2; and Mumford and Sons, who perform in the studio.

I wonder why Graham didn't mention that Marcus Mumford's wife, Carey Mulligan was on the show a couple episodes ago. A bit of a fun coincidence.

Many British actors are more private than their American counterparts to the point that they request their PR and interviewers to not discuss their personal lives. Carey has always been very private about her personal life and doesn't generally talk about Mumford. Overall, Graham has been respective about only mentioning what has already been revealed elsewhere in the public by the celebrity.

All I  could think about (other than how relatively sedate the whole couch was) was the contrast between the fit of Kit Harrington's and Matt LeBlanc's suits.  I LOVED Kit's look, but Matt looked uncomfortable and his suit didn't fit.  The tie looked like it was about to strangle him. 

• Love 1

Boring show. None of the guests were interesting. They did seem like they were uncomfortable. Rebel looked uncomfortable in her dress. It did not fit well at all but neither did Matt's.

Even Graham didn't seem like he was into the show and he's usually the one who's all in. They can't all be winners!

Matt LeBlanc is usually like this on chat shows and makes me wonder why anyone would want to book him. Rebel, I think, can go either way. I do find her funny in general, but I think Matt's energy was weird and kind of...rippling through the couch.

I enjoy Matt LeBlanc. I think he has a good sense of humor about himself and his "Friends" history, plus he became a hot silver daddy (compare and contrast with Matthew Perry, who just looks dissipated nowadays).

I saw Rebel Wilson on the show previously, and I don't think she's a good guest. Maybe she's nervous about being in that setting, but I find her awkward and not really funny. And please get a dress that fits properly. She looked so uncomfortable and was constantly tugging at it, and it seemed as though she could barely breathe. I don't think it's even a case of she's fat and she owns it, so she wears what she wants. I think it's that she's not buying the right size. Girlfriend, get yourself a personal shopper or stylist who can help you. 

Kit Harrington looked good, but I thought he was blah. I did like his story about meeting the queen, and how his mother reacted to various scenes in the show.

I always feel two ways about LeBlanc's appearances on the show. He says some pretty funny things, but he kind of gives the impression of being dull. I think I would really enjoy his company just talking privately, but he's too subdued on talk shows. (I've only seen him on Graham's.) Low energy.

Kit was about as charismatic as he is on GoT, which is, not much.

I saw Rebel Wilson on the show previously, and I don't think she's a good guest. Maybe she's nervous about being in that setting, but I find her awkward and not really funny. And please get a dress that fits properly. She looked so uncomfortable and was constantly tugging at it, and it seemed as though she could barely breathe. I don't think it's even a case of she's fat and she owns it, so she wears what she wants. I think it's that she's not buying the right size. Girlfriend, get yourself a personal shopper or stylist who can help you. 

She may not be finding the right designer.   Rebel Wilson Designs Plus-Size Capsule Collection For Torrid.  I'm not sure what a 'Capsule Collection' is.

(edited)

From Thought Catalog:

Capsule collection.

Existing, in part, to only confuse you, capsule collections consist of a few clothing items that are notably timeless in their design, usages and construction. Also known as another marketing opportunity.

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 1

I like that Matt is very natural and it seems like it's the real him sitting there (which is almost always the case with the British guests but not at all as often with the American), but it's been kind of the same interview with him the last few times (about Episodes, which I love, but that doesn't mean the same interview is gonna be fun to watch), so I can't really blame him for phoning it in a bit. Still a good sport about the Friends songs.

I like Rebel but she seems more like a character than a person on these things a lot of the time.

Kit's hot. That is all.

• Love 1

I was so excited to see a GoT actor.  Shocked and dismayed he was 3rd on the couch!  Couch line up always seems very carefully crafted and I just didn't get last

nights line up. I expected him to be first or at least second to Matt. Come on, if Matt's show is so hot as to put him first why isn't there more to say about it?     I was also a bit puzzled by Grahams announcement of Matt as "a huge friend of the show".  So I understand that he spends a lot of time shooting in London and has been on several times but....are they personal friends now or what?  Is he going to start being a fill in regular like the Brit comedians?  Then he needs to be placed 3rd like the rest of them.  I do think he can have a good but quiet dry sense of

humor that can really add to things with the right group but this show did not gel for some reason. Matt needs a bit of a set up to react to.

I like Rebel but I think she was the one not fitting in last night.

Even if Kitt and Matt had set next to each other maybe, there were a few glimmers that they could have riffed off each other a bit had they been given a chance. 

I''m sure Harrington has stories about pranks on set, being miserable in Iceland. 

It was boring. 

More Kit Harrington!  More GoTs generally! 

I think Matt's  appearances depend upon the other guests.  IMO he was awesome with Seth Rogan and Zach Efron and I enjoyed that show.  He wasn't that great this time.

Funny enough, my husband walked in the room for a few minutes and his only reaction was "Jon Snow isn't doing a bunch of acting when he's on GoT, is he?"  The guy is super cute, but he doesn't bring it at all on talk shows.  Maybe uncomfortable.

• Love 1

I enjoy Matt LeBlanc. I think he has a good sense of humor about himself and his "Friends" history, plus he became a hot silver daddy (compare and contrast with Matthew Perry, who just looks dissipated nowadays).

I like Matt and usually find him fun on the show. Here, he was a little subdued, but I think it was just a bad couch. He's very self-deprecating and willing to laugh at himself while also humoring Graham on "Friends" (which is also why he was referred to as a "FRIEND" of the show -- that, and he's been on many times).

Rebel Wilson was terrible. Just awful. I want to like her. I like that she's a big girl who can perform with confidence and a certain amount of sassiness and sexiness.

But this is the second time I've seen Wilson on Graham's couch, and yet again she seemed simply crude, dim, and completely charmless. I've come to the conclusion that she needs a director and a script -- she doesn't seem to be naturally funny at all, and every single joke she makes is just sort of tiredly coarse or crude, then she does that thing where she pauses for people to laugh and looks discomfited when they don't. She has some sparkle as a performer, but as as guest, she's awful, one of the worst ever (and Graham can pretty much charm anyone most of the time).

• Love 2

I'm joining everyone who said Kit looked very uncomfortable and a little afraid of Rebel.  This is the first time I've heard Kit "real" voice and have to say he seemed very subdued.  I did laugh when he talked about his mother's reaction to GofT.

Rebel needs to get her clothes in a slightly bigger size.  I think every time I've seen her on a talk show she's in a tight, uncomfortable looking outfit.  I wonder how she breathes in these clothes?  I don't care that she owns her size, she needs to dress so she's not constantly tugging on her dress.  I didn't think she was funny either.