Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E23: The Lost Boys

• Start Topic

I've always liked Abby, but I am getting very tired of the little girl affectations in a 40+ year old woman. Enthusiastic and quirky is fine, but I truly hate mature women acting like little girls. I mean, even Tony is growing up. Her character doesn't seem to have changed much over the years, and it is not wearing well.

Agreed.  What's strange, though, is that TPTB did seem to "grow up" Abby in the last season or two, even letting her go back to the deeper voice she had during the show's first couple of seasons; I like to think it was their response to fan posts such as yours.  Now, all of a sudden, she's back to the "Gibbs! Gibbs! Gibbs!" little-girl nonsense and high-pitched voice.  Weird.

• Love 3

I thought I read somewhere (a thread here, maybe?) that Abby's non-maturing over the 12 years of the show is an intentional decision somewhere between Pauley and TPTB. I'm not a huge fan but it is what it is. I'll take a million GIBBS GIBBS GIBBS over the awful seasons where every episode was Let's One Up Tony.

• Love 3

I thought I read somewhere (a thread here, maybe?) that Abby's non-maturing over the 12 years of the show is an intentional decision somewhere between Pauley and TPTB. I'm not a huge fan but it is what it is. I'll take a million GIBBS GIBBS GIBBS over the awful seasons where every episode was Let's One Up Tony.

Word on the latter.

Never heard of that before.

Never heard of that before.

I think it was mentioned in the media thread.

Finally saw it and that was Paula on the end. Man, it was weird. It was obvious that Paula, Franks, Dorni, and Pacci weren't CGI. The others were.

Also, I don't see why Dorni had to be killed off just because why? I see him all the time doing those infinity cable commercials.

And "Officer Teague"? Dorni's mom is CIA, so shouldn't she have been addressed as Agent?

I didn't like how she was acting in the preview-I hope it's grief and that she's not as cold as she came off.

I'm going to guess that the family of the agent she murdered in cold blood and then framed as a traitor (which means no death benefits) probably saw that a little differently.

I agree... I would have liked to see THAT agent in the line-up though. And let's not forget Laura Macey. Both killed in the line of duty.

• Love 1

Compare Season 1's Abby to the current variety, and you'll see she's actually gotten infantile, something she never was in Season 1.

Yeah... she's actually changed quite a bit. She's regressed!

I saw Dorneget's death coming a mile and a half away, but it still made me sad. I hate when shows bring back a fan favourite, make them a million times more awesome, and then kill them. I like his mother, though.

Abby was especially annoying at the bunker.

I agree on the fan fave/killing manipulation. Also Abby.

It's not like this is a first or anything, but NCIS was WAY too far into CIA/FBI territory on this one.

Even though I knew Dornie was gonna bite it ever since his return was announced, I suddenly started getting nervous for Abby when she insisted on leaving the office and was acting all obnoxious in the test bunker.

Gibbs's memory apparently isn't as charitable to Pacci and Cassidy as it is to the others.  But why no Lee and the poor guy she framed (I forget his name, but Gibbs was pretty upset about him)?

I don't think Lee deserved to be there, but I was definitely looking for Langer. (Count me among those of you who rewound and went back frame by frame.) It was definitely Paula, and I only recognized her from her later work on Flashpoint (where she was also blown up by a bomb).

I was wrong, thankfully. (thought it would be Jimmy). But I was sad to see Dornegut go - but he got a hero's death. So that's something.

I don't like this very dark tone NCIS is taking. I start drawing the line when kids are constantly in jeopardy (looking at you Criminal Minds), and I may have to stop watching if that continues.

I've always liked Abby, but I am getting very tired of the little girl affectations in a 40+ year old woman. Enthusiastic and quirky is fine, but I truly hate mature women acting like little girls. I mean, even Tony is growing up. Her character doesn't seem to have changed much over the years, and it is not wearing well.

Se just tires me. I do love her relationship with Gibbs, as I think they both need what the other person brings to the table. but the whining is intolerable. Also, unrelated, those pigtails MUST hurt PP, right?? Do i remember an article about her hair dye? Will have to go look at the AS thread.

That poor little boy. I never thought they'd go there - killing the parents. I foresee Bishop/Jake adopting him before Gibbs. 

Even tho I'm 3 months behind, AND I knew he was going to die, AND even if I didn't it was telegraphed throughout, I still cried when they carried the casket from the plane. Where was his Cyber boss? This go-team is the only group of friends he has at NCIS?!?

I also thought the scene with Gibbs and the pen on the floor was powerful. Man, Mark Harmon can just do the whole ep without speaking - we can see every emotion in his eyes.