Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E20: Daydream Believer

• Start Topic

(edited)

This episode was not very good. I hate crossover week. There was too much Chicago P.D. and not enough of the SVU cast.

Also, that guy who played Yates looks so similar to John Ritter.

Thank. You. His resemblance to Ritter was uncanny and distracting. He looks more like him than Ritter's actual son Jason!

This whole crossover was so distracting because PD and Fire are both  chock FULL of "hey! it's that guy!" actors and actresses. Happy to see Jon Seda in particular is getting work. Also, shallow but I loved seeing him and Danny Pino in a scene together.

Edited by EarlGreyTea

I'm glad I wasn't seeing things!  I watched all of Dallas Roberts' arc on The Walking Dead and never once thought he looked like John Ritter, but in the context of this SVU episode, I thought he was a dead ringer for him in most scenes.  Maybe because Ritter did an SVU and not a zombie drama?  I did like this episode for (a) lack of Noah and (b) good court room action.

• Love 1

@Suzy123 - yes it was in an article over at Entertainment Weekly posted April 22th. Here's a quote from it;

I was really spiteful after they killed off Shay and didn't restrain myself from airing my opinion of the writers but then decided to just stay clear of the show to respect the fans. This I couldn't keep from commenting on though. "The next pairing" and "romantic entaglements" had me fuming. He can put out fires & save lives w/o a pairing or romantic entaglement. Geesh. To write off a character/actor, like in the case of Lauren German, who doesn't want to leave the show is just stupid.

I read another article related to the crossover (sorry can't remember where) that quoted Warren saying he didn't like to kill off characters so I'll make him eat that if he does kill off someone in the finale. I don't think he will though. Getting shot can work as a wake-up call to what is important in life so it can make for lifechanging decisions w/o the character having to die. I don't think I could handle one of our own dying :(

I really dislike the romantic angles that they have on Chicago Fire. There are way too many of them and it gets in the way of more interesting storylines.

• Love 1
Shallow: I didn't like Warner's hair. I love her dark curls.

Me too! That hair did nothing for her but age her ten years. But her "Dude, the FUCK?" faces as Yates was doing everything but rubbing himself on the witness box made up for it.

• Love 2
But most important: on the "Chicago PD" or "Fire" (forget which) part they showed a flashback which had a ten-years-younger Olivia with the body of a rape-and-murder victim with green-painted nails. I have watched every episode of SVU, but I don't remember: was this an actual unsolved case on the show ten years ago, or did they alter some past footage to give us our flashback? If it was an episode, how did they justify not catching the guy back then?

I am so curious about this too.  Does anyone know?  What episode was that footage from??

I didn't watch any of the other shows involved in the crossover, but this was satisfying, if for no other reason than Barba. His little "you will" comment in the hallway after the complaints of the jury not seeing the real Yates was awesome.

• Love 1

I am so curious about this too.  Does anyone know?  What episode was that footage from??

Probably just more of their trickery like what they did with that 200th or 300th episode or whatever, just found older footage to fit their storyline needs and pretended it was an old episode. They've done it several times now and it used to drive me me berserk trying to figure out what episode it was, but now I don't let it get to me anymore.

Yes, I shuddered when Yates wanted to represent himself.  Call it PLSD (Post Lewis Stress Disorder).  But really, this episode was how William Lewis' trial should have gone, because it's not like he hid the crazy much more than Yates did.  Ugh, the Lewis episodes.  How I hate them.

I cringed when Yates did that. I HATE when they have the defendants decide they can do a better job than their attorney. I think the only time I didn't spend an  episode cringing was the Law & Order episode with the schizophrenic man who used a sword to kill those people in the vintage clothing store. He also represented himself but he had been an attorney so maybe that's why it wasn't as bad.

I read in a couple of posts that there was a flashback scene of Olivia from ten years ago. I must have missed that. Can anyone tell me where in the episode that was?

I cringed when Yates did that. I HATE when they have the defendants decide they can do a better job than their attorney. I think the only time I didn't spend an  episode cringing was the Law & Order episode with the schizophrenic man who used a sword to kill those people in the vintage clothing store. He also represented himself but he had been an attorney so maybe that's why it wasn't as bad.

I read in a couple of posts that there was a flashback scene of Olivia from ten years ago. I must have missed that. Can anyone tell me where in the episode that was?

Either PD or Fire, not SVU, I think. I skipped most of the Fire episode (what a snooze) so maybe it was that one since I don't remember seeing it.

The whole suspect defending himself reminds me a lot of Ted Bundy. I got strong Bundy vibes from Lewis. Not so much from John Ritter lite.

• Love 1

Either PD or Fire, not SVU, I think. I skipped most of the Fire episode (what a snooze) so maybe it was that one since I don't remember seeing it.

The whole suspect defending himself reminds me a lot of Ted Bundy. I got strong Bundy vibes from Lewis. Not so much from John Ritter lite.

Thanks EarlGreyTea. It was probably CF because I didn't watch that one. Whenever SVU does these crossovers, I just watch CPD.

I hated Lewis defending himself because they let it go so over the top. Ruined the episode for me. This one wasn't as bad but I think that was because we had Barba there waiting to let the guy hang himself. That last part when Yates realized how Barba had gotten him to reveal to the jury that he was a  monster, was something I wish they had done with Lewis.

• Love 1

Thanks EarlGreyTea. It was probably CF because I didn't watch that one. Whenever SVU does these crossovers, I just watch CPD.

I hated Lewis defending himself because they let it go so over the top. Ruined the episode for me. This one wasn't as bad but I think that was because we had Barba there waiting to let the guy hang himself. That last part when Yates realized how Barba had gotten him to reveal to the jury that he was a  monster, was something I wish they had done with Lewis.

The Lewis arc went on for so long I could have dealt with it three episodes tops but it kept going and going. I was glad they wrapped up the Yates character when they did because it made the episode more enjoyable.