Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E19: The Dirty Half Dozen

• Start Topic

(edited)

Those above mentioned characters being "redeemed" is open for debate. The characters forgetting every bad thing those people did so they can BFF's, is not them being redeemed in my eyes. Just the writers being unable to let go of the character. 

For me the character has to want to redemption, feel guilt over what they did, then earn their redemption and the most important thing, not doing something evil again. Those characters you mentioned have all gone back to being evil, good, evil, good. Nope. That is not redemption in my eyes. That is character regression for all the other characters happening over and over again. 

Ward is not some sad guy that messed up on a mission, he was actively working against them, betrayed them, hurt them and feels no guilt. If Ward wants redemption, I'm fine with it provided he feel guilt for what he did Fitz and Simmons, admit he did wrong, not try to blame it on someone else, get the help he clearly needs to move past his many issues, continue to help and be honest about his true motives, then slowly the group can let him back in provided he keeps all of that up. 

But I know being this is tv and being good looking with a sad face is enough for the audience to want him back on the team. So I know I won't get a real redemption arc, just half assed one with all the characters running go give him hugs and apologizing to him because they were wrong.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

You really should try Agent Carter because it's really not a comic book show and it totally deserves recognition (because it's awesome). I've seen everything MCU, but I'm not a huge fan (I had to get into it because I'm a Whedon stan and the only stuff I've genuinely enjoyed are Thor movies, Avengers and maybe The Winter Soldier), yet Agent Carter tapped into my love of great female characters and spy fiction like Alias or Nikita (old or new, take your pick), plus a lot of feminist themes and great acting by Hayley Atwell. It most likely won't be renewed, but that 8 episodes deserve to be watched and rewatched.

IA that you should give Agent Carter a shot.  It's really good.  It does have a great female character, but I think the appeal of the show is not driven by that. 

I've only caught a couple of the Marvel movies, mostly in the last week since one of the stations was blasting through a lot of them.  I hadn't seen anything about Agent Carter prior to watching the show and it did not diminish my enjoyment at all.

And now back to our regularly scheduled discussion of AoS....Ward got a lot more interesting at the end of Season 1 with the Garrett/Hydra reveal.  I don't want to see redemption, but I do want him to continue to be part of the AoS landscape.

• Love 3

I'm going to be ducking tomatoes here, but I can't help it, I like Ward. 

I don't like Ward   I like the way Brett Dalton is playing him.  Long may Ward snark, but do not "redeem" him. 

(And I agree that Woegina is not redeemed, she's just written that way.)

You really should try Agent Carter because it's really not a comic book show and it totally deserves recognition (because it's awesome). 

Replying in Small Talk.

Interview with Kevin Tancheroen about shooting the fight scene

http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/agents-of-shield-director-breaks-down-last-weeks-amazing-fight-scene

How long did Chloe and the stunt guys have to practice before the shot?

I’m always a big believer in rehearsal. But the thing with our schedule on this show is it’s incredibly aggressive. So rehearsal was a little difficult because there are always a million things going on. But we were able to sneak in one rehearsal at a gymnastics place. Me and the fight coordinator and the stunt people and Chloe just went in and we rehearsed for a couple of hours. Then we snuck in one more very, very small rehearsal on the stage day and that was it. So we had maybe a few hours of rehearsal for her to make that all come together.

• Love 2

Is it just me or can TPTB not see any organisation as being stable? Obviously, there needs to be some conflict or there's no drama, but not only do we have a split in SHIELD, we seem to have a developing split in the Inhumans rebelling against SkyeMommy and HYDRA... well, OK, HYDRA is pretty much Chaotic Evil by definition, so it makes sense that they are a faction ridden bunch of backstabbers. It wouldn't surprise me if we see the second American Civil War (the coasts v the Bible Belt, I guess) coming up in the MCU!

As for our gang of heroes, May lost a lot of points with me by complaining about Coulson keeping secrets. You work for an undercover agency (even more so now it's unofficial), so keeping secrets is par for the course. I get annoyed every time one of our characters goes on about their feelings rather than concentrating on the mission (Save the world now! Bitch about it later!). May used to be the exception, but now she's complaining about her boss talking to a psychiatrist? And while I suppose it's possible that she's complaining because (as xqueenfrostine suggests) she was the one Phil gave the "Kill me if I lose it completely!" order to, but what she said was more about Phil talking to her ex husband.

MDKNIGHT Man when Jemma says If I ever see you again I'll kill you she means it. ...Atta girl.  I wish she'd had a second gizmo ready when he had the nerve to try to take the moral high ground

I was surprised she went through with it (well, almost). It was unprofessional of her to try to kill him then, but you can't say she didn't warn him and then (try to) follow through. I wonder if Ward was disappointed because she did It so badly?

And because I cant be said enough...SHUT UP WARD! He reminds me more than anyone of Gul Dukat (from DS9), who was a wild card who would sometimes help our heroes (though he was the final Big Bad of the series).

tennisgurl  "hail Hydra" when he hung up. Like, in Hydra, that's just how to answer and put down the phone. Anything else would just be rude!

Hey, just cause you're evil that doesn't mean you can't have manners!

kennyab  I don't think everyone knows that Loki's scepter can be used to control people. I can see that Fury et al don't want that information getting out, even within the SHIELD community

Fury knows, Hawkeye definitely knows, Tony Stark knows, Dr Selig knows.... it can't be considered a secret at that point.

• Love 1